Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 20
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets
Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 26, 2015 18:08

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Are Lucky Dip tickets ideal for the super fan who has been following the Stones since the 1970s? Most likely no.

Are Lucky Dip tickets targeted towards the super fan who has been following the Stones since the 1970s? Most likely no.

Who are they targeted towards, then? Most likely Mick Jagger's favorite reason for playing a greatest hits album with a few surprises here and there- the group of friends who want a fun night out and pay to see some song from the 1960s about jumping jacks or a guy smoking the wrong cigarette or something like that...

Are Lucky Dip tickets ideal for the Joe who can't risk spending a couple hundred dollars per ticket(!) because he's got a lot going on in his life and just wants a night seeing legends? Sure.

So let's do a quick review...

Are Lucky Dip tickets for the mega-fan who begrudgingly spends anywhere from $20-$1,500 for every remaster, every 'Super-Deluxe-Limited-Edition' record, every box set? Not necessarily.

Are Lucky Dip tickets for the casual fan? Sure.

Are Lucky Dip tickets for those who are strapped for cash but want to see the Stones for the first (or last) time? Sure.

Is anyone forcing you to buy the reissues the tickets? No.

Are Lucky Dip for the fan who has not seen the Rolling Stones since 2006 in Atlanta and wants to see them again but does not want to risk spending hundreds or thousands of dollars for two hours in rain, heat and humidity when the air conditioned Georgia Dome is a few blocks away unoccupied? Sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-26 18:09 by tonyc.

Date: April 30, 2015 02:00

I have an issue with my Lucky Dip for Atlanta. My credit card has not been charged yet. I called ticketalternative and they said my tickets were in their system. But, I still feel a little worried I may have a problem at Will Call. Are all you other Lucky Dip ticket holders already charged?

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 30, 2015 02:47

jumpontopofmebaby
Not real sure the lucky dips are for the real fans. I got 2 for Kansas City and will give to my son because they were cheap and it will be his first Stones show. Me being what I consider a real fan would no way even consider seeing them from a bad seat. Yes maybe the real fans are who are in the know and can get the lucky dips. But if they wanted to treat the True fan. Make all of them the good seats not just a few of them.

Who sez you have to see them from a bad seat...My first show was 75' been to over 50 since...Last time around in 2013 I got the Dips for Oakland, San Jose, Vegas and 3 Chicagos ended up in the Pit 2nd Chicago...And manuevered to a great spot for the other 5...Real or not get in and get close !!!!

Date: April 30, 2015 12:35

The tickets are totally random. I had 5 lucky dips last time and it all depends on where you are in line. Try to look for the one guy who looks like he's in charge because he has the stack of great seats. Act super enthusiastic, dress in stones gear from head to toe and approach the head honcho if possible and jump up and down asking for a great seat. Nothing to lose! I ended up with great seats, ok seats, and 1 nosebleed which I never went to.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 16, 2015 15:39

I just lost my wallet. I have LDs for Atlanta. My credit card number will not be the same. Does anyone know if this is a problem? Help!!!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 16, 2015 16:12

Have you called the credit card company yet?

I'd call and ask if there was any way that I could get some type of document with cc's number on it. Never know.

Or I'd call the venue and explain the situation. They may say your id and confirmation number will be enough.

Wonder if you showed them your cc statement with the LD purchase on it. If that would work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-16 16:15 by MingSubu.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 16, 2015 19:04

I've got the same issue, had to get a new card and want to redeem lucky dips.
I guess the last four digits of the old card might work if you know them...?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: May 16, 2015 19:11

I had LD for 6 shows for the 50 & counting tour and was never asked for my credit card. The only thing I was asked for was id.

Posted by: snarky ()
Date: May 16, 2015 19:14

I had lucky dips for la. They never asked to see my credit card. Too many people in line.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 16, 2015 19:23

As a side note, for anyone who still does not have tickets and feels lucky I would suggest keeping your eyes on the main ticket page for the Lucky Dip button to light up again (they might, they might not) keep your eyes on the ball, esp in places for the shows in Indy and KC. [www.ticketmaster.com]

On another note, some intersting verbage showing up for some shows.

May 24 Sun
Petco Park
San Diego,CA
07:00 PM
The Rolling Stones - Resale Tickets See Tickets
on TicketsNow Resale prices often exceed face value.

May 30 Sat
Ohio Stadium
Columbus, OH
08:00 PM
The Rolling Stones - ZIP CODE
Details: The Rolling Stones See Tickets

Jun 3 Wed
TCF Bank Stadium
Minneapolis,MN
The Rolling Stones - Resale Tickets See Tickets
on TicketsNow Resale prices often exceed face value.

Jun 6 Sat
AT&T Stadium
Arlington, TX
Details: The Rolling Stones See Tickets NOT MANY LEFT

Jun 9 Tue
Bobby Dodd Stadium
Atlanta, GA
Details: The Rolling Stones See Tickets on Partner Site

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 16, 2015 19:58

Thanks to all who replied with suggestions about lost credit card and LDs. Several people said they were never asked for credit cards. I believe them but I don't want to take the chance. I will let people know how I made out in case there is any one else in the same situation.

Date: May 17, 2015 01:41

So much suspense... I cannot stop thinking about where my seats will be. Then again, I just feel lucky to have scored lucky dips. However, I do think the chance that a die-hard fan might be stuck up in the bleachers while a so/so fan just got lucky with good seats is a bit upsetting. Still - good luck to alll!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 17, 2015 01:48

brokecollegestudent
However, I do think the chance that a die-hard fan might be stuck up in the bleachers while a so/so fan just got lucky with good seats is a bit upsetting.

That's the gamble. The best attitude always is that any seat is better than not to be at the show. And there have to be hard core fans up in the rafters too, to make sure the enthusiasm catches on everywhere. Some of my best shows I was far up on the side and the view over the entire crowd is something very special. Plus, usually you can sneak around during the show if the seats are all too disappointing smoking smiley

Date: May 17, 2015 17:41

Raleigh added another 800 tickets this past week. They finally started to sell the seats in Vaughn Towers

Posted by: horns2181 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 17:04

So now that an opener has been announced i am hoping Stones go on about 9. Can't get off work early and have a 3.5 hour drive ughhhhh

Posted by: Icetraders ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:40

So how did the Lucky Dip tickets work out for everybody in San Diego? Love to hear everyone's experience(good or bad) with the Luck Dip! Thanks

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:01

Icetraders
So how did the Lucky Dip tickets work out for everybody in San Diego? Love to hear everyone's experience(good or bad) with the Luck Dip! Thanks

A very nice couple from Germany (they know who they are - thank you very much for the kindness! smiling smiley ) gave me their lucky dips, but the tickets were located on the sector UP323. Anyway, I've managed to watch the concert from a very nice point of view.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:55

I would imagine someone with Lucky Dips for Columbus will have an EXCELLENT chance at pulling up some great $400 seats.
There are almost full side stage sections of them left for sale.
TICKETS STILL ON SALE article from the Cleveland.com

If you aren't already committed, GO FOR IT!

LUCKY DIP TICKET LINK FOR COLUMBUS

Date: May 27, 2015 22:57

Kurt
I would imagine someone with Lucky Dips for Columbus will have an EXCELLENT chance at pulling up some great $400 seats.
There are almost full side stage sections of them left for sale.
TICKETS STILL ON SALE article from the Cleveland.com

If you aren't already committed, GO FOR IT!

LUCKY DIP TICKET LINK FOR COLUMBUS

Still there wonder how many Lucky Dips sold today?

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: May 28, 2015 02:45

got lucky dips this morning for Columbus. they are identified as GA1, seats 124, 125. any idea what that means.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:02

I don't think it means anything. Mine are in Section Lucky. I kid you not.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 28, 2015 12:22

Columbus seems like one of the most disappointing from the perspective of ticket sales, considering it's a Saturday. The Kid Rock effect?

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 16:20

drbryant
Columbus seems like one of the most disappointing from the perspective of ticket sales, considering it's a Saturday. The Kid Rock effect?
I don't think it has anything to do with Kid Rock - the openers were only announced what, just over a week ago? That excuse doesn't cover the first month and a half of poor ticket sales.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 28, 2015 16:36

Meant to be a 60,000 capacity and usually a couple of days before the gig ,worked out they can fit in some more seats. Extra seats may not mean bad seats.
Whatever seats have not been sold on show day will be available as LD just a few hours before showtime.

LD can be anywhere and are just random in an unmarked envelope. One line at Oslo I think with guy at window.

Two lines I think at Zurich with girl at each window. Didn't make any difference which window after talking to fans with LD tix.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 28, 2015 16:46

Columbus is a college town.
It's summer time.
College kids have gone home.
Stars are aligning for some sweet Lucky Dip stories!

Date: May 28, 2015 21:20

I went to Ohio Stadium for the 1997 Bridges To Babylon and had a blast with a sold out crowd. Tickets were cheaper then so maybe that has something to do with it. Since Columbus was the only city to offer $39.50 tickets from the onset, it must not be a total surprise to the Stones ticket sales are slow there.

Date: May 28, 2015 21:22

tonyc
I have an issue with my Lucky Dip for Atlanta. My credit card has not been charged yet. I called ticketalternative and they said my tickets were in their system. But, I still feel a little worried I may have a problem at Will Call. Are all you other Lucky Dip ticket holders already charged?

My tickets have now been charged. I'm doubtful my tickets will be great since this show seems to be selling compared to Nashville but I will hope for the best.

Posted by: dczuma ()
Date: June 1, 2015 16:29

So how'd everybody do with their Lucky Dips in Columbus?

A friend ordered them on day 1 and his seats were lower level 3A all the wat in the back of the horshoe.

Another couple friends had floor seats in the back and when they got there, their rows didn't exist. Each were upgraded to middle to back rows of front floor side sections

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 17:00

Lower level 5A, right next to 3A. I can't complain for the price. Hard to see the band on stage but the screens were great and I thought the sound was excellent in that area.

To verify whether the process is random, the girl I picked my tickets from recognized my last name, we had a minute to talk and discussed mutual friends and coworkers (even worked at the same place back home), and you'd think could be a great omen for something extra lucky, but that was not the case. I can say the process is on the up-and-up and efficently run. I'd recommend the process for anyone on the fence about seeing a show or as a way to catch another one on the cheap. I saved a lot of money going this way and was able to treat myself to a great floor seat for Pittsburgh as a result.

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 17:19

I originally had tickets near the floor in A3, we got to our seats and couldn't see anything between the sound towers and the massive flagpole at the back of the floor. I asked at guest services and they upgraded me to row 1 of AA24 - first row above the field, about 20 feet from the stage on Ronnie's side. Really amazing seats!

As for whether or not it's random, I think it depends on your definition of "random". The tickets aren't distributed at random, that much is sure. When we got outside the gate after picking our tickets up, the couple before us was still standing there - their tickets were the same section and same row, the two seats next to ours. The couple after us came out and had the two seats on the other side of us. So clearly they're being distributed in a specific order; do a whole section in order and then start a new section. I assume the order of the sections are at random, and it is random in the sense that your tickets will depend on what time you pick them up, but it's not random in the sense that a random pair of tickets are assigned to you before pickup begins. From my memory, the tickets were pre-determined in 2013 - we got our tickets in a plain white envelope sealed with my name on it and there was clearly some sort of system for them to know if you had something good, they put our pit wristbands on us before we could even open the envelope to look at our tickets. The envelope for Columbus was just your regular box office envelope with advertising on it, not sealed and no name on it.

Also worth noting, when I got my upgraded tickets, under price on the ticket instead of saying the LD price, it said "RELO". My guess would be any seats unsold by a certain time get assigned as upgrade seats for anyone unhappy with their LD seats.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home