Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 20
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 20, 2015 22:30

bv
Lucky Dip tickets is a nice way to make cheap tickets available to real fans because:

- They come in pairs only
- They are really cheap
- Ticket pickup at the show only
- Hard to resell them with an high price
- They are not advertised much
- Real fans go to real fan sites

Also, it is an easy way to fill up a slow selling show, it is a method they can use to keep the promise of low priced tickets to fans.

I've got to agree with BV. I think that they are much cheaper than people had any reason to hope for. I can't imagine any complaints other than there weren't enough of them.

Date: April 20, 2015 23:02

Not real sure the lucky dips are for the real fans. I got 2 for Kansas City and will give to my son because they were cheap and it will be his first Stones show. Me being what I consider a real fan would no way even consider seeing them from a bad seat. Yes maybe the real fans are who are in the know and can get the lucky dips. But if they wanted to treat the True fan. Make all of them the good seats not just a few of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-20 23:04 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 21, 2015 01:43

drbryant:

"I am a big fan of the stadium shows and lucky dip tickets. I think it makes it much easier for casual and younger fans to attend the shows. Normal pricing for acts like AC/DC is about $90 for the upper level seats in a stadium. $45 is amazing. I hope that there will be much younger audiences, like in Europe last year."

"Yes, but isn't the point that only the hard core fans - like us - are "in the know" about the Lucky Dip tickets. The general public doesn't have a clue, the scalpers can't use them because of the entry procedures, but every fan on IORR or Shidoobee or whatever, knows how to see these shows for $29.95 (plus fees of course). Isn't that how it SHOULD be?"

You make it a point to discuss how great it is that Lucky Dip allows "casual and younger fans" to attend the show. Then, you discuss how great it is no casual and younger fans knows about them. Who knows what you really think about the topic?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-21 01:53 by tonyc.

Date: April 21, 2015 11:27

tonyc
drbryant:

"I am a big fan of the stadium shows and lucky dip tickets. I think it makes it much easier for casual and younger fans to attend the shows. Normal pricing for acts like AC/DC is about $90 for the upper level seats in a stadium. $45 is amazing. I hope that there will be much younger audiences, like in Europe last year."

"Yes, but isn't the point that only the hard core fans - like us - are "in the know" about the Lucky Dip tickets. The general public doesn't have a clue, the scalpers can't use them because of the entry procedures, but every fan on IORR or Shidoobee or whatever, knows how to see these shows for $29.95 (plus fees of course). Isn't that how it SHOULD be?"

You make it a point to discuss how great it is that Lucky Dip allows "casual and younger fans" to attend the show. Then, you discuss how great it is no casual and younger fans knows about them. Who knows what you really think about the topic?

Sorry to confuse you - the first post was talking about both stadium shows and lucky dips resulting in a younger overall audience. For those who have enough to afford good seats, Arena shows are a much better deal BUT, I support Stadium shows and Lucky Dip Tickets. Stadium shows bring the average ticket price down by about 40-50% (i.e., $200 instead of $400) and make it much easier for younger and casual fans to attend the show. This was the case in Europe, where audiences were very clearly younger, and included many more couples and families than in the US in 2013 (who can afford $400 tickets for a family of 4?). In addition, for younger fans who are big fans, and follow the band on Twitter, Instagram and the like, the Lucky Dip tickets, at only $30 a pop make it even easier to attend.

Basically,

1, Casual fans and younger fans are more likely to attend a Stadium show, where prices are between 40-50% cheaper than arena shows.

2. For younger fans who are true followers of the band, they have the ability to access Lucky Dip tickets, which makes it even easier for them to attend.

Hope that's clear. I attended shows in Europe, Asia, Australia and the US over the past two years, and even though I had much better seats in the US and Asia/Australia, I thought that the atmosphere in Europe, where they used stadiums exclusively, was fantastic.

My sister had a great experience with the Lucky Dip tickets. If you are thinking about it, I encourage you to give it a shot - I think you'll be happy that you did. Good luck and have a great time at the shows!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-21 11:40 by drbryant.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 21, 2015 20:22

anyone have any idea when we might begin to see some more LD tix dropped/released? I am getting impatient but it may not be for weeks.

specifically, I am looking for San Diego LD tix.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-21 20:24 by timbernardis.

Date: April 21, 2015 21:16

timbernardis
anyone have any idea when we might begin to see some more LD tix dropped/released? I am getting impatient but it may not be for weeks.

specifically, I am looking for San Diego LD tix.

plexi

I could be wrong, but if I were you, I would concentrate on getting to the other shows, where tickets should be much easier to come by.

Posted by: Jon Lasaa ()
Date: April 22, 2015 00:14

Hi all.

Lucky Dip Tickets,
Lucky you, holders!

Enjoy the Zip Code Tour for all those about to Stones in North America and we´re looking forward to seeing them soon again, here in Europe

Date: April 22, 2015 02:09

I've already booked my flight and motel room. I am sure some tickets will become available, just not sure they will be LDs.

plexi

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 22, 2015 21:16

Soooo, what do the "pros" on this forum think? Will there be another LD drop?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-22 21:17 by Snoopy.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 22, 2015 21:39

Snoopy

My guess is they will be offered again for all shows that are having trouble filling the seats.

Kudos for your FB free Stones tickets contest. An act of kindness promoting acts of kindness, you deserve some front row seats!

peace

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 23, 2015 01:35

Snoopy

I bet there will be some more lucky dips tickets for some shows IF/WHEN they have a bunch of upper upper upper level seats still for sale with 3 weeks to go. I think we have heard that about 1 in 10 lucky dip are good seats, so it is a nice gamble for fans and a good way for the ticket sellers to get rid of crappy seats.

Just keep track of shows you are interested in and check the upper deck ticket sales. If there are many many pper upper upper level sections still available then you can bet on more lucky dip tickets coming.

But if you dont own a lucky dip at this point, I would suggest just waiting utnil the day of the show. I agree with some predictions that you will be able to get into shows for 20bucks as we approach show time, 1/4 the price of a lucky dip ticket.

Another idea is stake out the lucky dip line at a show and ask if any one is a single and looking to sell off their other ticket for 30 bucks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-23 01:38 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 23, 2015 02:08

2 things about Lucky Dip tickets. The rules of using them are pretty restrictive. It does depend on how each venue enforces those rules.
Technically, only the person that buys the 2 tickets, can use them.
The purchaser, with their credit card at the ticket window, and 1 guest.
They then have to enter the stadium with those 2 tickets and cant give them away or resell them.

Also, only 2 shows on this tour have Sold Out yet (face value sellout), Milwaukee and San Diego. You can still get face value seats for all the other shows. I just checked the links on the Stones ticket page.

This means that's lots of unsold tickets will become Lucky Dip tickets about 10 days before each show, so they make sure to fill the stadiums. The Stones hate empty sections in stadiums. They find ways to fill those seats, if not with discounted sales during the final week, then giveaways at the last minute.

Date: April 23, 2015 02:56

Milwaukee and San Diego may be officially sold out now, but there will be further drops/releases at some point. Not necessarily LDs, but other tickets.

plexi

Date: April 23, 2015 06:09

timbernardis
I've already booked my flight and motel room. I am sure some tickets will become available, just not sure they will be LDs.

plexi

I'm sure you'll get tickets. I wish I could be there, but just can't make it.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: April 24, 2015 17:52

Gfmsoccer
2 things about Lucky Dip tickets. The rules of using them are pretty restrictive. It does depend on how each venue enforces those rules.

In 2013 Lucky Dips stands were supervised by Stones security who briefed local staff. The process was not really different for the 3 shows I attended.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: April 24, 2015 18:20

guess you can.. but your second ticket will getlost that way... pick someone without a ticket who came early to get in with you smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: April 25, 2015 04:44

Can someone who bought Kansas City Lucky Dip tickets look thru your history and post the link Ticketmaster was using?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 25, 2015 05:26

timbernardis
Milwaukee and San Diego may be officially sold out now, but there will be further drops/releases at some point. Not necessarily LDs, but other tickets.

plexi

Not to be argumentative or contrary..
I think what you're stating as fact is at best wishful thinking for these two shows.

My guess is we may see the odd unsold package tickets or seats opened up when the staging is in place etc., but my money is on these two being just as advertised.
Sold out.

Date: April 25, 2015 06:00

The Stones shows I been to in person in the last 20 years have ALWAYS had a BUNCH 200-300... 1000+? tickets released 2-3 days before (to the day of) the show at the box office which lowers the price/demand by increasing the suppy.

I think they do it on purpose to screw the scalpers, but also, once they actually set up the seats and stuff inside, there is no reason not to add $$$$$$ in their pockets by filling in vacant space areas on the floor with seats, plus there are usually "maybe for a VIP holds" on good tickets in case some bigdog wants good seats... or some talented groupie deserves some good seats... or something....
BUT.... but if/when they dont need those "holds", they go to the box office for us :).

I have been blown away by the killer location of tickets I bought day of the show at Stones from the box office.

I have always expressed my appreciation to the Stones for doing this, it screws the stupid scalpers hard... HAHA!!!... and helps us people looking.

The tip here for scalpers is... get rid of your tickets by 4 days before the show

The tip here for buyers is... if you dont have tickets wait... they are coming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-25 06:05 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Myteem32 ()
Date: April 25, 2015 06:10

On 50 & Counting tour, we bought two tix day before show at Staples..sat behind Eddie Murphy and same row w/gene Simmons...paid $250 for 650 seat and section was mostly $1250 vip pkgs..

Date: April 25, 2015 06:20

Myteem32
On 50 & Counting tour, we bought two tix day before show at Staples..sat behind Eddie Murphy and same row w/gene Simmons...paid $250 for 650 seat and section was mostly $1250 vip pkgs..
How freekin SWWWEEEEEEEEEET is that !!!
NICE!!

PS
It's about time you posted, we've been waiting ;)

Welcome to the breakfast show!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-25 06:22 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 25, 2015 09:05

"The tip here for buyers is... if you dont have tickets wait... they are coming."

Thanks. I'm still trying to upgrade one of my shows to what I refer to as "super close to stage" as a gift to myself and have been considering the Platinums

Date: April 25, 2015 10:10

deleted- offtopic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-25 12:30 by Leonioid.

Date: April 25, 2015 10:48

deleted- offtopic

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-25 12:29 by Leonioid.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 26, 2015 05:20

If anybody happened to save the original link to the Milwaukee Lucky dip page, could you please post it.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: April 26, 2015 06:05

[www.ticketmaster.com] for the Milwaukee Lucky dip page.

I am still looking for the Kansas City Lucky dip link if anyone still has it.

Date: April 26, 2015 06:25

I need the Lucky dip link for San Diego if anyone has it.

plexi

Date: April 26, 2015 07:02

Are Lucky Dip tickets ideal for the super fan who has been following the Stones since the 1970s? Most likely no.

Are Lucky Dip tickets targeted towards the super fan who has been following the Stones since the 1970s? Most likely no.

Who are they targeted towards, then? Most likely Mick Jagger's favorite reason for playing a greatest hits album with a few surprises here and there- the group of friends who want a fun night out and pay to see some song from the 1960s about jumping jacks or a guy smoking the wrong cigarette or something like that...

Are Lucky Dip tickets ideal for the Joe who can't risk spending a couple hundred dollars per ticket(!) because he's got a lot going on in his life and just wants a night seeing legends? Sure.

So let's do a quick review...

Are Lucky Dip tickets for the mega-fan who begrudgingly spends anywhere from $20-$1,500 for every remaster, every 'Super-Deluxe-Limited-Edition' record, every box set? Not necessarily.

Are Lucky Dip tickets for the casual fan? Sure.

Are Lucky Dip tickets for those who are strapped for cash but want to see the Stones for the first (or last) time? Sure.

Is anyone forcing you to buy the reissues the tickets? No.

Date: April 26, 2015 07:53

Harpo

I don't have the link but keep you eye on Stones page
for the link to light up. I bet with the slow sales the KC
Lucky Dip link will light up again. [www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 26, 2015 17:48

Harpo

Thank you Harpo

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1454
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home