Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 20
Re: LUCKY DIP tix onsale now $29.50 a ticket
Posted by: KentG ()
Date: April 14, 2015 02:57

First time poster here and this will be my first time seeing them. Wife wanted to go and went the lucky dip route in Indy. To have this in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is way cool. Looking forward to this one.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:05

swimtothemoon
This question is for anyone who has had experience with the LD. past sales. Some
Shows such as Minnesota and Detroit seem to be sold out of Lucky Dips. Do they
ever go back on sale? Has this happened in the past. This is a very generous
offer. I picked up two for KC.

Minneapolis has a Lucky Dip button available and it does not say Lucky Dip Sold Out but once you get in and do the search, none are available.

Might they become available again later?

plexi

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:14

timbernardis
swimtothemoon
This question is for anyone who has had experience with the LD. past sales. Some

Minneapolis has a Lucky Dip button available and it does not say Lucky Dip Sold Out but once you get in and do the search, none are available.

plexi

Yes...TicketMaster did the same thing in 2013....Keep Checking at all hours of the day/night...especially when they see that the show will not sell out which it will not...Worst case buy the cheapest and manuever around it is easy especially if there are just 2 of you !!!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:17

Saw both shows in Boston with the $85 tickets. First show was the pit and the second show loge at the end of the pit ust 9 rows up

Date: April 14, 2015 03:26

Indy may be out. Just tried to show someone how to find them and coming up unavailable.

Date: April 14, 2015 03:27

KentG
Indy may be out. Just tried to show someone how to find them and coming up unavailable.

They are not out keep trying...

Date: April 14, 2015 03:30

Any idea how close to showtime do they wait before using the better tickets for this? Day of or just a couple hours before?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:36

2120Wolf
timbernardis
swimtothemoon

plexi

Yes...TicketMaster did the same thing in 2013....Keep Checking at all hours of the day/night...especially when they see that the show will not sell out which it will not...Worst case buy the cheapest and manuever around it is easy especially if there are just 2 of you !!!

Thanks 2120Wolf. I will keep checking. Appreciate the advice my friend!

Date: April 14, 2015 03:47

swimtothemoon
2120Wolf
timbernardis
swimtothemoon

plexi

Thanks 2120Wolf. I will keep checking. Appreciate the advice my friend!

You're Welcome...Do Not Give Up, Keep Checking....They will release more as they see the high priced & packages are not moving.....

Date: April 14, 2015 03:50

KentG
Any idea how close to showtime do they wait before using the better tickets for this? Day of or just a couple hours before?

Probably right down to the wire being that it is a Stadium...Keep working it...

Date: April 14, 2015 03:54

2120Wolf
KentG

KENT I JUST WENT ON......INDY LUCKY DIPS ARE THERE !!!!

I AM HOLDING IT EXPIRES IN A MINUTE...I WILL REALEASE THEM

Date: April 14, 2015 03:56

tonyc
A quick question for anyone that had this experience. I got two Lucky Dip for Atlanta and plan to meet someone down there. In the event of a cancel, is it safe to assume I would still be allowed in myself?

Yeah you're in and you will be able to sell the other one...but as you know they have to enter with you....

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:57

wagner2000
Yes! We did! We had decent seats for Kansas City section 103 row 6. Then thought I would take a chance and ended up getting the lucky dip tickets. Not sure what I'm going to do now!

Mind if I ask how much these tickets were? Those should be amazing seats!

Date: April 14, 2015 03:57

2120Wolf
KentG

So it would be better to show up as close as possible to showtime vs couple hours early I suppose.

Date: April 14, 2015 04:00

Thanks. Will tell my friend at work to keep trying. He is using his phone.

Date: April 14, 2015 04:04

DO NOT GIVE UP ON LUCKY DIPS...IN 2013 I GOT...OAKLAND, SAN JOSE, VEGAS...AND ALL 3 CHICAGO'S...2ND CHICAGO SHOW, PIT RIGHT IN FRONT OF KEITH...ALL OTHER SHOWS MY TIX WERE 2ND BALCONY....BUT I NEVER WENT THERE I ENDED UP SIDE STAGE KEITH 8 ROW'S UP LEVEL WITH THE STAGE...REMEMBER GET THE CHEAPO'S AND MANUEVER....REAL EASY TO DO ALONE, IN 2'S OR SPLIT UP !!!! ENJOY THE SHOW !!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 04:07 by 2120Wolf.

Date: April 14, 2015 04:08

KentG
Thanks. Will tell my friend at work to keep trying. He is using his phone.

THEY WERE JUST THERE...FORGET THE PHONE GET ON A COMPUTER...

Date: April 14, 2015 04:12

virgil
got 4 for Milwaukee

THEY WILL ONLY ISSUE YOU 2 WHEN YOU GO TO CLAIM THEM...I SAW IT HAPPEN SEVERAL TIMES IN 2013 - GUARANTEED...(BE CAREFUL 2 PEOPLE WILL BE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED).

Date: April 14, 2015 04:13

treaclefingers
Koen
What are Lucky Dip tickets? The show up for $37.75, so are they all the way in the back?

UP high on the sides mostly, or way at the back. BUT, you get a chance to get upgraded to really good seats, at least you have in the past.

If you're low on dough, it is definitely better than missing the show altogether.

THE HIGH DOLLAR SEATS ON THE FLOOR WILL NOT SELL OUT...YOU MAY END UP THERE...

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 14, 2015 04:30

2120Wolf
virgil
got 4 for Milwaukee

THEY WILL ONLY ISSUE YOU 2 WHEN YOU GO TO CLAIM THEM...I SAW IT HAPPEN SEVERAL TIMES IN 2013 - GUARANTEED...(BE CAREFUL 2 PEOPLE WILL BE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED).

I had a different experience - In 2013, I bought 1 $85 LD from a Craigslist seller. He'd purchased 2 sets of 2 LDs for the same show. He sold his extra set to 2 guys outside the venue. All 4 of us were in line together. He gave his name, said he had 2 pairs, showed ID (it wasn't necessary to show the CC used for the purchase), and both pairs were given to him. All 4 of us were wristbanded and the whole thing was a breeze. It seems there were inconsistencies regarding how strictly the 1 pair policy was observed at the various venues.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 14, 2015 04:37

2120Wolf
DO NOT GIVE UP ON LUCKY DIPS...IN 2013 I GOT...OAKLAND, SAN JOSE, VEGAS...AND ALL 3 CHICAGO'S...2ND CHICAGO SHOW, PIT RIGHT IN FRONT OF KEITH...ALL OTHER SHOWS MY TIX WERE 2ND BALCONY....BUT I NEVER WENT THERE I ENDED UP SIDE STAGE KEITH 8 ROW'S UP LEVEL WITH THE STAGE...REMEMBER GET THE CHEAPO'S AND MANUEVER....REAL EASY TO DO ALONE, IN 2'S OR SPLIT UP !!!! ENJOY THE SHOW !!!
concert ninja ^ gives good advice
albeit in ALL CAPS

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2015 04:44

Of the two or three times I bought the lucky dips (or whatever they were called the last US tour) I ended up with absolutely horrible seats,
but that didn't stop me from maneuvering to better seats each time - made it to the floor in Vegas.
Might not be as easy to do in a stadium setting though. With that said, I know a few who were able to get great seats within the pit.
Good luck to all!

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 04:51

jumpontopofmebaby
Has anyone ever got a LD ticket that was a good seat before trading up?
Yes - it happens. I got pit with my LD's for the first Toronto gig in 2013 without upgrading. Ended up on the barrier in front of Keef. Best $85 I ever spent.

Posted by: slowhand ()
Date: April 14, 2015 05:18

Still no Lucky Dips for Buffalo

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 14, 2015 05:57

2120Wolf
treaclefingers
Koen
What are Lucky Dip tickets? The show up for $37.75, so are they all the way in the back?

UP high on the sides mostly, or way at the back. BUT, you get a chance to get upgraded to really good seats, at least you have in the past.

If you're low on dough, it is definitely better than missing the show altogether.

May?

I'm here now witha lawn chair...

Waiting for concessions and the Stones can't be long after

Posted by: ifucantrockme ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:57

In Chicago I had lucky dips all three shows. All they did was check you ID and order number. It was not necessary to go directly into the venue. They just put a wrist band on you and handed you an envelope. I picked mine up early and then went back to the bar.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 14, 2015 07:50

Total crapshoot. My sister and I both did the Lucky Dip tickets for Staples. My seats were obstructed view seats; could only see about 1/3 of the stage. They were so bad, I walked out of the arena and paid face price for better seats. My sister ended up in the front row of the balcony, perfect location. Might have been karma - I can afford to pay face price, and she definitely can't, so . . . .

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 14, 2015 13:49

I got 2 Pittsburgh "General Admission tickets in Section LUCKY" yesterday for a total of $87.15. As I'm flying to the U.S. on my own I therefore have 1 spare for whoever wants it, face value of course. I'll be staying at the Double Tree by Hilton downtown Pittsburgh the night before the show so can arrange to meet there or at the gig. If you want my spare e-mail me on chrisandpam.egan@btinternet.com and I'll give you my phone number for contact when I get to the U.S. Going to busy.....flying back to see The Who in Hyde Park London on the 26th !!

Cheers,

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 14, 2015 16:32

Munichhilton
2120Wolf
treaclefingers
Koen

May?

I'm here now witha lawn chair...

Waiting for concessions and the Stones can't be long after

get off the stones lawn!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 14, 2015 16:41

chriseganstar
I got 2 Pittsburgh "General Admission tickets in Section LUCKY" yesterday for a total of $87.15. As I'm flying to the U.S. on my own I therefore have 1 spare for whoever wants it, face value of course. I'll be staying at the Double Tree by Hilton downtown Pittsburgh the night before the show so can arrange to meet there or at the gig. If you want my spare e-mail me on chrisandpam.egan@btinternet.com and I'll give you my phone number for contact when I get to the U.S. Going to busy.....flying back to see The Who in Hyde Park London on the 26th !!

Cheers,

Chriseganstar

Hope you get lucky with LD tix Chris. I was thinking of going to Orlando or Nashville with LD tix, but gonna save my money for South America later in 2015 I hope.

Will meet up with you again at Hyde Park for The Who gig. >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1948
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home