Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 20
Re: LUCKY DIP tix onsale now $29.50 a ticket
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 13, 2015 20:20

tonyc
A quick question for anyone that had this experience. I got two Lucky Dip for Atlanta and plan to meet someone down there. In the event of a cancel, is it safe to assume I would still be allowed in myself?

I do not see why not, or you can see if someone from this forum needs one and meet them there.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 13, 2015 20:23

tonyc
A quick question for anyone that had this experience. I got two Lucky Dip for Atlanta and plan to meet someone down there. In the event of a cancel, is it safe to assume I would still be allowed in myself?

Do you mean by yourself, just one person? If that happens be sure to wander through the parking lot and find some good person with a "Stones glow" who seems like they might need a ticket and drag em along with ya. Make their night.

btw- I am with ya, I did the lucky dip and who knows with my friends sometimes, but I assume I will be let in by myself if I so desire, I hope so anyway, and now I wonder too, so yours is a good question.

I am just happy to actually buy and own Stones tickets the day they went on sale, I have not done that since Steel Wheels. IM SMILING!!! ITS A GOOD DAY!!!

Posted by: kpzinn ()
Date: April 13, 2015 20:46

Got two for Milwaukee! $88 total after all fees!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 13, 2015 20:49

even cheaper than in Europe last year – and obviously much easier to get… (I remember they were sold out within minutes last year…)

Posted by: Kerry ()
Date: April 13, 2015 20:52

Do they release these in waves or is it all at once? Can't get any for Detroit sad smiley

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:13

These shows are NOT selling

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:22

Just scored 2 Lucky Dip Orlando YEAH!!!

Used IE, not firefox.

Got to rollingstones.com, click lucky dip, automatically went to TM with lucky

dip in pull down menu for tix $78.35 pr.

YEAH keep trying pays off BIG TIME!

Now gotta get rid of 2 singles.

Date: April 13, 2015 21:29

Just tried again, right to Lucky Dip tix, If you want Orlando get them NOW.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:30

The Dips are selling out quickly. so grab them while you can.
It's good for real fans, as Brokers cant resell these. The purchaser has to show up to get them.

Also, these are Stadium fill-in seats. It's the first indication, these stadiums are not selling as quickly as they hoped.

They'll use these Lucky Dip people, to fill in any section that doesn't sell out. You could be on the floor, or you could be nose-bleeds. bring your binoculars!

Date: April 13, 2015 21:35

Whoo Hoo

Got 2 lucky dips for Kansas City.

Those are for my 19 year old son and his friend!

Will be his first Stone's Concert

I hope they turn out to be fairly good seats,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 22:16 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:36

alhavu1

The good seats appear to be selling. I think it's a reflection of the demographic of most Stones fans these days. Most are older and can not only afford better seats but are unwilling to accept anything less. They likely have many less fans willing to sit in the nosebleeds for any price these days. Most of the fans I know saw them the last time around and have decided not to attend this time.

I think the promoters are well aware of this and are obviously trying to sell as many cheap seats as they can early on since these will be the ones hard to sell for any price later on. I think stadiums was a poor choice for them even in the markets they haven't played in a while and without an extra special situation like Mick Taylor's participation or a new kick ass record to promote, they are in trouble.

Maybe they will even announce (thru some well placed rumors) that this is the last time they will play America. Of course many of us here know that's a very likely scenario anyway.

peace

Date: April 13, 2015 21:38

Naturalust
alhavu1

The good seats appear to be selling. I think it's a reflection of the demographic of most Stones fans these days. Most are older and can not only afford better seats but are unwilling to accept anything less. They likely have many less fans willing to sit in the nosebleeds for any price these days. Most of the fans I know saw them the last time around and have decided not to attend this time.

I think the promoters are well aware of this and are obviously trying to sell as many cheap seats as they can early on since these will be the ones hard to sell for any price later on. I think stadiums was a poor choice for them even in the markets they haven't played in a while and without an extra special situation like Mick Taylor's participation or a new kick ass record to promote, they are in trouble.

Maybe they will even announce (thru some well placed rumors) that this is the last time they will play America. Of course many of us here know that's a very likely scenario anyway.

peace

They are selling GREAT

Texas almost sold out. Not sure where you get you info.

Date: April 13, 2015 21:45

jumpontopofmebaby
Naturalust
alhavu1

peace

They are selling GREAT

It's not really sold out. Ticket Brokers are buying up almost 50% of the tickets, so it appears sold out, but really all those seats are now on the secondary market at huge mark-ups. Those prices will slowly drop over the next few weeks.

The fact they made these cheap seats available today is a clear indication the stadiums are not selling out. The Lucky Dip people will be used to fill in stadium sections with empty seats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 21:57 by Gfmsoccer.

Date: April 13, 2015 21:46

So, TM will only sell you 2 Lucky Dips per venue?
Or when you pick them up, limited to 2???

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:48

jumpontopofmebaby
Naturalust
alhavu1

peace

They are selling GREAT

To me this seems a mirror strategy of what they did last time, which worked incredibly well and was extremely profitable. Airline style pricing, where seats are priced differently and may even change as you get closer to the event.

The promoter seems to make more money that way...they could easily just sell all tickets at $100 and sell 40-60 thousand and walk away with whatever they walkaway with, but obviously are trying to maximize their return.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:57

Yes...as long as the cardholder picks up the tix. After that, you can do whatever you want w/ them.

Date: April 13, 2015 21:57

Lucky Dips Still Available for Kansas City

Date: April 13, 2015 21:59

stickyfingers101
Yes...as long as the cardholder picks up the tix. After that, you can do whatever you want w/ them.
not exactly. You have to walk in to the stadium with your tickets, you cant give them away or re-sell them. Only the person that bought them can use them, with 1 guest.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:02

This is just the same as Europe Tour last year, but I think LD tix were on sale a week or more after the General Sale started.
The Stones don't want half full stadiums and LD will come and go on rs.com right up until show day.
Oslo,Zurich and Madrid were full to capacity when I saw those gigs.

Some gigs may not come up at all again,and some seem to have them all the time.

You take a chance and it may pay off ,or you can get a nosebleed or way at the back . If finances are low, $40 isn't a bad price to see The Rolling Stones play live.
The vibes are always great on show day if you can meet up with other Stones fans.

I had 2 tix on show day and had no problem selling spare one at face value at Oslo and Zurich, when I got to arena a couple of hours before the show.

I was lucky,and the fans who had my spare were very happy with their seats.

Europe Tour was a fantastic experience for me, and I'm sure it will be for all you Stones fans seeing them play live in North America. smileys with beer

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:03

tonyc
If it's your credit card and name you will be allowed in plus one guest. It doesn't matter who that guest is.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:03

My friend just confirmed wanting to go. So, both my Lucky Dip will be used. Thank you all that replied.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 22:03 by tonyc.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:16

Still some Luckies available - they are selling FAST!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 22:32 by waterrats.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:39

Why no Lucky Dip for Buffalo?!!!

Date: April 13, 2015 22:46

slewan
even cheaper than in Europe last year

I have to correct myself: LD tickets in Europe were relatively cheaper than the ones offered for the US shows. While for some US shows regular tickets start at $ 39,50 (just $ 10 more than LD tickets) the gap between the LD tickets and regular tickets in Europe was much bigger (for example: The cheapest regular ticket for Berlin was some 169 Euros while LD tickets were sold for 65 Euros)

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:47

Does anyone have a direct link for Milwaukee Lucky Dip?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:47

Milwaukee lucky dip sold out

Date: April 13, 2015 22:48

wickerman

your favorite band's website had one – but LP tickets for Milwaukee seem to be sold out

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:49

Arlington LD sold out

Posted by: Otis212 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:50

I was alerted when these tix went onsale this morning and even though I can't make any shows, posted here to make sure real fans would be able to pick up tix if they wanted. Glad everyone who wanted was able to get some real cheap tix!! Here's hoping most of you get excellent upgrade seats!!

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:57

slewan
wickerman

your favorite band's website had one – but LP tickets for Milwaukee seem to be sold out

You don't need to explain this. I'm just curious if anybody's saved direct link for Milwaukee Lucky Dip as they might always add more tickets closer to show date... Sad that we didn't get any email about Lucky Dip offer going on sale at the same time as regular tix... I believe it's first time the Lucky Dips went on sale this early.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home