Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: IORR "sign" to wear on the Zip Code Tour
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2015 17:37

Plink
Hairball
Plink
^^^^
Why don't we all just bypass the style debates and get "IORR" tattooed across our foreheads instead?

And perhaps shaving our heads would also be appropriate... cool smiley

Yes, the tattooed forehead / shaved head approach is the way to go - even Keef's on board...

Ahh yes, that's a keeper! Hahaha!!!
Count me in! thumbs up

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: April 14, 2015 21:26

bv
Schillid, who made the original design, says "okay", so it means that design is the one I would still recommend. Many people do still have that design on their T-shirts, and it is the "current" IORR logo design, so that is the one I would recommend. Personally I don't like the new circular black & red, don't know why. This is the official IORR logo still:

Just for the history, there has been several versions of the "It's Only Rock'n Roll" logo:

They are all here...

[www.iorr.org]

Thanks BV for the info. Please know that my posting a logo option wasn't meant to disrespect the work of schillid. To be honest, I wasn't even aware there was an existing logo. Didn't see it on the website or maybe I should have dug deeper but the intent was merely to have something to wear as an identifier under the assumption that there wasn’t one already. Thanks for posting the official IORR logo! Have a great time at the shows this tour!

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: April 14, 2015 21:55

Plink
JayBee
Hi Plink! Well not really sure what's going on but I assume people will just do what they want to do. But, it's all good. Are you on the Field level for this concert at Petco? Hope to run into you. We bought the Start Me Up Experience pkg so we don't exactly know where we are sitting on the field just yet. But will let ya know!

Hey JayBee - It would be nice to run into you as well, but I'm planning to attend just the Summerfest gig (w/ Lucky dips, if my schedule allows). Opening night in SD will be great, I'm sure - have a blast!

Oh darn! Well it's nice to communicate with you on here! Have fun at SummerFest! Can't wait for May 24!

Date: April 14, 2015 23:52

Cocaine Eyes
JayBee
bv
Schillid, who made the original design, says "okay", so it means that design is the one I would still recommend. Many people do still have that design on their T-shirts, and it is the "current" IORR logo design, so that is the one I would recommend. Personally I don't like the new circular black & red, don't know why. This is the official IORR logo still:

Just for the history, there has been several versions of the "It's Only Rock'n Roll" logo:

They are all here...

[www.iorr.org]

Thanks BV for the info. Please know that my posting a logo option wasn't meant to disrespect the work of schillid. To be honest, I wasn't even aware there was an existing logo. Didn't see it on the website or maybe I should have dug deeper but the intent was merely to have something to wear as an identifier under the assumption that there wasn’t one already. Thanks for posting the official IORR logo! Have a great time at the shows this tour!

Schilled did a very good job in designing the IORR logo for shirts. That said, I'd prefer something unique - didn't Shidoobee do the same thing many,many years ago? (By'doing the same thing', I mean using the Shidoobee logo! )tongue sticking out smiley

However, it seems as though BV has his mind made up.sad smiley

CE smoking smiley

Isn't the point just to spot fellow IORRians? What more unique than the existing logo did you have in mind?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 14, 2015 23:56

So, if I want to the logo put on a t-shirt, what would I have to do in order to have the local t-shirt maker at the mall make me one? Would I need some camera ready art? Please advise....

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 15, 2015 03:18

DandelionPowderman
Isn't the point just to spot fellow IORRians? What more unique than the existing logo did you have in mind?

Oh something totally UNIQUE without 'advertising' this/any site:

Here's an example, silly as it may be:

A red shit. Turtle on the front.(He's green and cartoon-ish). The turtle is wearing a simple shirt!grinning smiley Wouldn't fans be able to spot a shirt of that nature?

MY REASONING: I've NEVER seen a person backstage/in their private areas/in their pre-show dining area wearing a blatant STONES shirt. People tend to wear 'everyday clothes'. Nothing that screams out THE STONES!

However, I get it.........IORR.org on the shirt/badge/sticker/whatever cannot hurt BV's site.

BTW: No matter which shirt fans get......how much are they? Who gets the money? All that kind of stuff!

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: April 15, 2015 03:49

We'd like to meet other IORR friends. We're in on a common theme. Don't have our old IORR tee shirts. They were nice!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 15, 2015 04:07

John&Trish
We'd like to meet other IORR friends. We're in on a common theme. Don't have our old IORR tee shirts. They were nice!

Have you cleared this with John or do you post as a couple? winking smiley I am of course assuming this is Trish because most John's I know wouldn't have a clue whether they still have their old T-shirts.

peace

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 15, 2015 04:42

POSTING THIS IN HIGH RESOLUTION for anyone who wants to make their own... whatever. I don't really have the time or inclination myself.

SIMILAR to the "high contrast" image oh the t-shirt:*

BluzDude
So, if I want to the logo put on a t-shirt, what would I have to do in order to have the local t-shirt maker at the mall make me one? Would I need some camera ready art? Please advise....

Without getting too technical, any image that is on a computer screen is in RGB colorspace (not CMYK); but you can still use it in CMYK colorspace ... meaning that you can print it on a color printer, use it as camera-ready art, etc.

*The original t-shirt used custom color inks, *not* CMYK.

Just don't be that surprised when you see the colors, especially the weird yellow on a CMYK print... The colors will not be especially attractive... especially the yellow!... It'll still be eye-catching overall ... I guess that's the point

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-22 20:08 by schillid.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 15, 2015 08:34

The IORR design Schillid made was done following a long discusssion here on IORR. The old threads are still around. It is like branding. The brand has been decided. Period.

I am sure that if you work at Microsoft or Coca Cola or some other place you might try to start a group and print your own Microsoft or Coca Cola or even Apple T-shirts with a totally different brand. May be an orange instead of an apple. You might say that you would not care about that and what management said. But most of these spend billions on branding, and they have one brand only.

Personally I amn a fan of branding, i.e. a branding there has been a decition about. My own company has got branding. It is not meaningful to have half a dozen brands. Feel free to print any IORR logos you like, but there is only one real one. By the way, the printers had a tough time printing it, but that is the whole point, they made it in the end with the final design, it was made specifically for the T-shirt printing, andf everybody was happy back then.

The only other useful logo would be just the IORR on black with a white background, like you read it here on the screen, that would be a sign telling you are on IORR, a personal sign. Sorry but I don't have time to start a rebranding process just days before the tour start. IORR may be non-profit, but not without management and policy.

Bjornulf

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: April 15, 2015 10:09

I wouldn't mind one of those!
(Maybe squeeze Bill Wyman on there?

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: April 15, 2015 12:53

EddieByword
Leonioid
EddieByword
What would be really cool would be an iorr Keef style bandana.......(could send one to Keith as a complimentary...great to see that on stage..

I think there is Keith rule that says one has to be a hotty like Blue Lena to get that done : )

uuhh? lol, you got me, who's Blue Lena?...

Wow,go back and read the board before you post.

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: April 15, 2015 13:00

schillid
Although the design isn't typically "Stonesy"... That's also what makes it useful in a crowd full of Stoneswear.

The best thing about the design that I did is that it really stands out in a big crowd.

Totally agree.

So, could we print it ourselves on a standard sticker sheet from the office supply store? Or print a t-shirt ourselves through an online service?
What is your view on this. It's your design.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 15, 2015 13:14

indystonesfan
EddieByword
Leonioid
EddieByword
What would be really cool would be an iorr Keef style bandana.......(could send one to Keith as a complimentary...great to see that on stage..

I think there is Keith rule that says one has to be a hotty like Blue Lena to get that done : )

Wot?...the whole thing?.....winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-15 13:15 by EddieByword.

Date: April 15, 2015 17:30

Cocaine Eyes
DandelionPowderman

Oh something totally UNIQUE without 'advertising' this/any site:

Here's an example, silly as it may be:

A red shit. Turtle on the front.(He's green and cartoon-ish). The turtle is wearing a simple shirt!grinning smiley Wouldn't fans be able to spot a shirt of that nature?

MY REASONING: I've NEVER seen a person backstage/in their private areas/in their pre-show dining area wearing a blatant STONES shirt. People tend to wear 'everyday clothes'. Nothing that screams out THE STONES!

However, I get it.........IORR.org on the shirt/badge/sticker/whatever cannot hurt BV's site.

BTW: No matter which shirt fans get......how much are they? Who gets the money? All that kind of stuff!

CE smoking smiley

But, but... It is from this board we "know" eachother?

Luckily, now we have Facebook and a lot of us have added eachother as friends – but for the ones who haven't met or don't know that many IORRians a shirt will represent someone you can approach - in a bar, in a hotel, on the street.

For the people over at redturtle.org your idea might work very well smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-15 19:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 15, 2015 18:52

EddieByword
indystonesfan
EddieByword
Leonioid
EddieByword

Ill go back and read it with you eddie,
You bring the fish and chips and I ll bring the beer....
nah, our beer is not as good as yours, so maybe you better bring the beer and Ill bring...
no that wont work either... you bring the fish chips and beer and Ill bring the reading glasses. ;)

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 15, 2015 20:43

Leonioid
EddieByword
indystonesfan
EddieByword
Leonioid
EddieByword

Ill go back and read it with you eddie,
You bring the fish and chips and I ll bring the beer....
nah, our beer is not as good as yours, so maybe you better bring the beer and Ill bring...
no that wont work either... you bring the fish chips and beer and Ill bring the reading glasses. ;)

There you go, we're off.............

Newspaper too..........

Right, ok, in the famous words of Dylan Thomas, "to begin at the beginning............

smileys with beer

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: April 15, 2015 20:59

Leonioid
Cant wait to see you all there.

Same here...can't wait to meet all of you wonderful "Stones-FANatics"!

Date: April 15, 2015 21:09

EddieByword
Right, ok, in the famous words of Dylan Thomas, "to begin at the beginning............
smileys with beer
UdaMan eddie!!! always have been, Cheers!!!

And now, my jones for fish and chips is reaching Stones jones levels,
must satisfy this now.... LUNCH!!! fish and chips with beer and malt vinegar.

Date: April 15, 2015 21:09

Summergirl
Leonioid
Cant wait to see you all there.

Same here...can't wait to meet all of you wonderful "Stones-FANatics"!
It is going to be so much fun!!

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:01

Great shirt! I ordered two of them. I wore it the first time at paris 07 I think is was only a few week's old or a month at that time. I never seen one on anybody yet when I was seeing multiple show's. I got to tell you it blew my mind how many people came out of the wood work and said wow are you on that board, of course I am I have the shirt on and they were like me too great conversation with fellow iorrians with that shirt so many people wanted one they wanted to know how to buy them I could of made a killing! lol JK bv. I couldn't believe how many beautiful women are actually on or reading this site. Then I remember probably the first time Jagger saw it I was front row in Madrid after all his photo opts at the beginning he came over about 3rd song looked at me and then looked straight down at the shirt it seemed like an eternity but he checked it out a good 20 to 30 seconds you could tell he was checking his self out because you can see him the best in the photo on the shirt it was pretty cool he was checking it out the whole night through it seemed like he was intrigued by it Keef check it out a little bit nothing like Mick though. Great memories, great shirt we all voted on. That was fun times on this board regarding the famous shirt!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 17, 2015 04:15

I regret not getting one in time and have seen people wearing them at shows (and went up to say hi). If anyone will print some, I'lld definitely buy a couple this time around

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: April 17, 2015 05:01

NICOS
Great idea.......I think I will print some on glossy stickers...........

But actually I prefer this one ....the complete Rolling Stones............maybe I should add ALO and Jimmy Miller

No Bill Wyman?????????

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 17, 2015 07:59

Fredluvzstones
NICOS
Great idea.......I think I will print some on glossy stickers...........

But actually I prefer this one ....the complete Rolling Stones............maybe I should add ALO and Jimmy Miller

No Bill Wyman?????????

And poor Jim Price, always gets left out of the discussion although at one time was probably almost just as important as Bobby.

peace

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 17, 2015 11:16

bv
...The only other useful logo would be just the IORR on black with a white background, like you read it here on the screen, that would be a sign telling you are on IORR, a personal sign.

BV, for those who just wish to identify & say “Hi” to fellow IORRians without having a t-shirt custom-made, how about stickers with a larger version of your IORR “favicon” graphic that appears in the browser address bar/tab (with the “IO” on top and “RR” below)? The sticker could be slapped on a shirt, purse, jeans pocket, etc. and the simple B&W graphic wouldn’t clash with anyone’s outfit. This is something everyone with a printer & “full sheet label” paper can do at home quickly, easily & cheaply. I’ve taken the liberty of doing a mock-up (printed size is 2.3” h x 2” w @ 300ppi). Please let me know your thoughts. Full-res version here: [home.comcast.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 09:03 by Plink.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 17, 2015 18:44

IORR should not be divided into two lines. It is IORR. Not IO
and then may be also RR...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 18, 2015 00:26

IORR should not be divided into two lines.

Yes it makes it look like a Rolls Royce badge ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 18, 2015 04:58

It should be their tongue logo with IORR on the tongue!

Posted by: atip ()
Date: April 18, 2015 05:24

Straycat13
It should be their tongue logo with IORR on the tongue!

I suppose it would be a trademark infringement, as in technically illegal, using the tongue.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 18, 2015 07:09

bv
IORR should not be divided into two lines. It is IORR. Not IO
and then may be also RR...

With all due respect,
I did not conceive the idea of having "IO" on top and "RR" on the bottom - this is how the existing favicon graphic for your IORR site is composed. I merely created a larger version for a sticker. Naturally, I am quite perplexed as to why you find an enlarged version of your own IORR website favicon graphic to be unacceptable confused smiley Oh well, I gave it a shot. Just trying to help but lesson learned.

Here is a screenshot of your "IO" top/ "RR" bottom favicon graphic:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 08:43 by Plink.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home