Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: IORR "sign" to wear on the Zip Code Tour
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 13, 2015 23:53

I think I forgot Bill confused smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 14, 2015 00:38

NICOS
I think I forgot Bill confused smiley

that would not be a unique occurrence.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 14, 2015 01:34

I'll wear a button, I'll wear a T shirt, I'll wear a bandana, I'll wear a thong if I have to, but nothing on earth would make me wear a "Hi my name is . . . " sticker. I would expire of shame.

Date: April 14, 2015 03:07

Just put the image on an FTP site or whatever and have folks do whatever they want with it...make a sticker...print it out and make a flag...safty pin it to a shirt...a hat...your butt...whatever...even as a windshield hang tag!!!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:14

if some people want to wear a badge/t-shirt/whatever.......why not have it say something like REMEMBERING BOBBY, BOBBY. BOBBY.

No real need to "advertise" IORR, is there?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:34

Cocaine Eyes
if some people want to wear a badge/t-shirt/whatever.......why not have it say something like REMEMBERING BOBBY, BOBBY. BOBBY.

I like the idea. He will truly be missed. And it's a good thing they invited Bobby back or we would probably be forbidden to talk about him. winking smiley

peace

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:40

Naturalust
Cocaine Eyes

I like the idea. He will truly be missed. And it's a good thing they invited Bobby back or we would probably be forbidden to talk about him. winking smiley

peace

Cool! I see no need to wear badges/shirts/whatever to use the concerts as somewhat of an advert for this site. In my opinion, that's too overdone, too 'un-Stones-like'.

smoking smiley

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 14, 2015 04:07

Cocaine Eyes
Naturalust
Cocaine Eyes

peace

Cool! I see no need to wear badges/shirts/whatever to use the concerts as somewhat of an advert for this site. In my opinion, that's too overdone, too 'un-Stones-like'.

smoking smiley

I think the idea behind having an identifiable button is not to advertise IORR, but to be able to identify and connect w/ other IORRians who'd also enjoy the opportunity to connect. Personally, I'd wear a button and wouldn't feel uncool or "un-stones-like" doing so. I'd also feel comfortable approaching someone wearing one because I'd know they'd be receptive to a greeting and perhaps a little chat w/ a fellow IORRian. In years past, I've attended many Stones gigs in other cities on my own, and it would have been nice to be able to spot folks with whom I have a little something in common. It's an ice-breaker.

The idea to remember Bobby is a lovely one, and I'd love to see people pay homage to him (or Stu, or Mac, or any other Stones-related artists who have passed) in any way they see fit, but expressing oneself in such a way is not particularly related to the idea behind the IORR graphic, IMO.

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: April 14, 2015 04:43

Plink
Cocaine Eyes
Naturalust
Cocaine Eyes

peace

smoking smiley

I think the idea behind having an identifiable button is not to advertise IORR, but to be able to identify and connect w/ other IORRians who'd also enjoy the opportunity to connect. Personally, I'd wear a button and wouldn't feel uncool or "un-stones-like" doing so. I'd also feel comfortable approaching someone wearing one because I'd know they'd be receptive to a greeting and perhaps a little chat w/ a fellow IORRian. In years past, I've attended many Stones gigs in other cities on my own, and it would have been nice to be able to spot folks with whom I have a little something in common. It's an ice-breaker.

The idea to remember Bobby is a lovely one, and I'd love to see people pay homage to him (or Stu, or Mac, or any other Stones-related artists who have passed) in any way they see fit, but expressing oneself in such a way is not particularly related to the idea behind the IORR graphic, IMO.

I agree Plink. We just want to be able to spot a fellow iorr person or we might miss out on the chance to chat a little while. :-)

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 14, 2015 04:48

Plink
Cocaine Eyes
Naturalust
Cocaine Eyes

peace

smoking smiley

I think CE's point was that there could be another unique common themed badge or T-Shirt or pin that would still serve to unite the IORR people without being so obvious and shall I say geeky eye popping smiley as a huge IORR as the main art. Bobby (RIP) was a great example of that but I could see other themes or good art doing the same thing, the "IORR" doesn't have to be the main attraction for those in the know.

I would make a suggestion but I'd likely come up with something like "wear zippered pants with the zipper down" and have all the iorr'ers walking around staring at crotches. eye popping smiley But... It could be something simple like Eddie Byword suggests, like wear a blue bandana tied around your arm or leg. (remember when that was stylish for Stones members and other hipsters?) and that would solve the problem of everyone scrambling to produce or procure something for the shows.

peace

Date: April 14, 2015 04:49

Plink
Jaybee came up w/ something nice in the San Diego thread a while back
link to his/her message: [www.iorr.org]

I assume Jaybee won't mind if I post his/her logo in this thread. If there are any objections, I'll remove it immediately

Thanks for posting this Plink. I actually emailed it to BV to ask what he thought of it and if it was ok to use it for stickers or buttons. Which might be why it prompted him to post a new thread about the original logo from 2007. I can fully understand he wanted to respect the designer who created that original logo back then. :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 04:50 by JayBee.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 14, 2015 05:02

Aquamarine
I'll wear a button, I'll wear a T shirt, I'll wear a bandana, I'll wear a thong if I have to, but nothing on earth would make me wear a "Hi my name is . . . " sticker. I would expire of shame.

Just dress in aquamarine from head to toe and we'll all know how you are. Me, I'll be the last one to arrive. grinning smiley

Seriously, I do like the "sign" idea...a nice way to find each other.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 14, 2015 05:16

I'd put "BV" on my hello sticker and everyone would buy me dinners and give me lavish gifts.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 05:23

DoomandGloom
I'd put "BV" on my hello sticker and everyone would buy me dinners and give me lavish gifts.

Clever!

Posted by: worriedboutyou ()
Date: April 14, 2015 05:50

I think Charlie should be placed before Woody in the picture.

Posted by: worriedboutyou ()
Date: April 14, 2015 05:53

It is only fitting I feel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 05:55 by worriedboutyou.

Date: April 14, 2015 05:56

Naturalust

I think CE's point was that there could be another unique common themed badge or T-Shirt or pin that would still serve to unite the IORR people without being so obvious and shall I say geeky eye popping smiley as a huge IORR as the main art. Bobby (RIP) was a great example of that but I could see other themes or good art doing the same thing, the "IORR" doesn't have to be the main attraction for those in the know.

I would make a suggestion but I'd likely come up with something like "wear zippered pants with the zipper down" and have all the iorr'ers walking around staring at crotches. eye popping smiley But... It could be something simple like Eddie Byword suggests, like wear a blue bandana tied around your arm or leg. (remember when that was stylish for Stones members and other hipsters?) and that would solve the problem of everyone scrambling to produce or procure something for the shows.

peace

Oh, I wasn't advocating obviousness or geekiness (and I don't think Jaybees design occupies either realm) I just imagined an average sized button with a nice design that doesn't "scream", and I like the round "bullseye" eye composition and Stones tongue colors of Jaybees effort. Call me shallow, but I'm a fashion conscious gal & I actually put a little thought into my Stones gig outfits, so I wouldn't want to wear some ostentatious IORR insignia that competes. Personally, I'd be uninclined to tie a bandanna around a limb because I find that a wee bit "80s geeky". Different strokes, I guess! But you are absolutely correct about the importance of keeping ones pants zipped upgrinning smiley.

It would be nice to come to a consensus regarding an identifier, whatever form that may take. I'd wear whatever the majority deems suitable (provided it isn't obvious or geeky) winking smiley.

Date: April 14, 2015 06:03

JayBee
Plink

Thanks for posting this Plink. I actually emailed it to BV to ask what he thought of it and if it was ok to use it for stickers or buttons. Which might be why it prompted him to post a new thread about the original logo from 2007. I can fully understand he wanted to respect the designer who created that original logo back then. :-)

I just saw your post. Regarding your email communication w/ BV - is your design completely off the table now in favor of the original (provided permission is granted by the artist)? If so, I won't mention it again.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:04

Cant wait to see you all there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 06:20 by Leonioid.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:44

DoomandGloom

...well since I've met bv, that wouldn't work on me.....unless you look and sound just like him grinning smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 14, 2015 07:19

I like the button idea, but after we spent what felt like a thousand pages arguing about the T-shirt design, the style police seem to have decided that actually wearing one to a show was geeky (*sigh*).

Anyway, I won't be needing one for this tour (even bigger sigh).

Date: April 14, 2015 07:44

^^^^
Why don't we all just bypass the style debates and get "IORR" tattooed across our foreheads instead?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2015 07:58

Plink
^^^^
Why don't we all just bypass the style debates and get "IORR" tattooed across our foreheads instead?

And perhaps shaving our heads would also be appropriate... cool smiley

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: April 14, 2015 09:01

stones2000
DoomandGloom

Clever!

Or creepy.

Date: April 14, 2015 09:48

Plink
JayBee
Plink

I just saw your post. Regarding your email communication w/ BV - is your design completely off the table now in favor of the original (provided permission is granted by the artist)? If so, I won't mention it again.

Hi Plink! Well not really sure what's going on but I assume people will just do what they want to do. But, it's all good. Are you on the Field level for this concert at Petco? Hope to run into you. We bought the Start Me Up Experience pkg so we don't exactly know where we are sitting on the field just yet. But will let ya know!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 14, 2015 13:44

okay

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 14, 2015 14:06

Schillid, who made the original design, says "okay", so it means that design is the one I would still recommend. Many people do still have that design on their T-shirts, and it is the "current" IORR logo design, so that is the one I would recommend. Personally I don't like the new circular black & red, don't know why. This is the official IORR logo still:

Just for the history, there has been several versions of the "It's Only Rock'n Roll" logo:

They are all here...

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Date: April 14, 2015 14:08

JayBee
Hi Plink! Well not really sure what's going on but I assume people will just do what they want to do. But, it's all good. Are you on the Field level for this concert at Petco? Hope to run into you. We bought the Start Me Up Experience pkg so we don't exactly know where we are sitting on the field just yet. But will let ya know!

Hey JayBee - It would be nice to run into you as well, but I'm planning to attend just the Summerfest gig (w/ Lucky dips, if my schedule allows). Opening night in SD will be great, I'm sure - have a blast!

Date: April 14, 2015 14:13

Hairball
Plink
^^^^

And perhaps shaving our heads would also be appropriate... cool smiley

Yes, the tattooed forehead / shaved head approach is the way to go - even Keef's on board...

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 14, 2015 16:33

Although the design isn't typically "Stonesy"... That's also what makes it useful in a crowd full of Stoneswear.

The best thing about the design that I did is that it really stands out in a big crowd.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home