Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
The IORR logo "sign" to wear on the Zip Code Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 13, 2015 17:07

Some have asked me to do an IORR "named" button/sticker/tag for people to wear during the Zip Code Tour, may be even a T-shirt, like we had in 2007. For those who don't know or don't remember, this was the T-shirt made back then:

[www.iorr.org]

It took a lot of time to get to the final design, made by David Schilling. If we should do a new project like this, I think we should use the same design, because it is already known graphics. So David would need to say "yes" to using his design once more, otherwise it is a dead end and we have to come up with something else.

The only problem is that these things do take a lot of time, and also I don't want this to get into a commercial project. I have already said no to an offer for promoting tickets for the Zip Code tour, I was offered a "grande" deal, but IORR was, is and will always be 100% non-profit. The same goes for merchandise and other items.

Making T-shirts is a too big project. May be a button or a sew-on patch might be possible, It is probably cheap to make a thousand buttons, but I don't want to end up as a button distributor, handing out buttons at odd bars and hotels, also, there is a cost involved here, things need to be easy and smart.

The idea is good, we want to know who is on IORR, and if we meet at a show, this would be a great way of "tagging"...

If you have suggestions please post here, or please contact me at my e-mail address:

iorr@arena.no

Thanks!

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 18:04 by bv.

Re: IORR "sign" to wear on the Zip Code Tour
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 13, 2015 17:13

If there was a button template people could print the image themselves and cut and glue the art on to a generic button.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 13, 2015 17:22

I think stickers might be the best way to go,people could make them themselves fairly easily, or someone (I would volunteer to help) could produce and mail them to people who send a self addressed envelope with like a dollar or whatever it is to cover costs for example...

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 13, 2015 17:28

Jaybee came up w/ something nice in the San Diego thread a while back
link to his/her message: [www.iorr.org]

I assume Jaybee won't mind if I post his/her logo in this thread. If there are any objections, I'll remove it immediately

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 13, 2015 17:29

What would be really cool would be an iorr Keef style bandana.......(could send one to Keith as a complimentary...great to see that on stage..

but a downloadable file with a few different shapes of 'iorr' would be great too, that way if you wanted to print something for a button or get your own t-shirt made you could...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 17:30 by EddieByword.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: April 13, 2015 17:34

OMG really?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 13, 2015 17:42

I have the 2007 t shirt and sweater I will be bringing to San Diego!

Date: April 13, 2015 17:44

Why no space for Mick Taylor?

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 13, 2015 18:10

I have the IORR shirt as well, if I can't fit in it my wife will wear it, lol.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 19:19

Maybe we could wear "Hi My Name Is..." stickers at the shows with our usernames? That way only IORR people would know. Plus it's cheap and simple, you could pick up a pack of those stickers at your local dollar store probably, and just slap one on and forget about it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 19:24 by stones2000.

Posted by: stonedbeggar ()
Date: April 13, 2015 19:34

how about hats w/iorr logo on front and zip code tour 2015 on back
and maybe city name on the side.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 13, 2015 19:41

EddieByword
What would be really cool would be an iorr Keef style bandana.......(could send one to Keith as a complimentary...great to see that on stage..

I think there is Keith rule that says one has to be a hotty like Blue Lena to get that done : )

Date: April 13, 2015 19:44

Leonioid
EddieByword

I think there is Keith rule that says one has to be a hotty like Blue Lena to get that done : )

uuhh? lol, you got me, who's Blue Lena?...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 13, 2015 19:44

stones2000
Maybe we could wear "Hi My Name Is..." stickers at the shows with our usernames? That way only IORR people would know.

Er ... actually I think people other than iorrians would be able to read those too.

I like the idea of everyone downloading a template of a cool logo like the one Plink posted
and adorning what they want with it. It would make excellent earrings, for example :E

Date: April 13, 2015 19:47

You'll be developing an ice breaker next spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 13, 2015 19:49

EddieByword
Leonioid
EddieByword

She is a beautiful Stones woman that used to frequent the Stones boards, I met her years ago and she was famous for giving scarves to Keith and he would wear them on stage. I think she used to post here or somewhere and I might guess she still posts here or somewhere.

Date: April 13, 2015 19:51

with sssoul
stones2000
Maybe we could wear "Hi My Name Is..." stickers at the shows with our usernames? That way only IORR people would know.

Er ... actually I think people other than iorrians would be able to read those too.

I like the idea of everyone downloading a template of a cool logo like the one Plink posted
and adorning what they want with it. It would make excellent earrings, for example :E

I think the point was that only iorrians would know the significance of "Hi, my name is sssoul"....that you were an iorrian...for example

Date: April 13, 2015 19:53

Leonioid
EddieByword
Leonioid
EddieByword

She is a beautiful Stones woman that used to frequent the Stones boards, I met her years ago and she was famous for giving scarves to Keith and he would wear them on stage. I think she used to post here or somewhere and I might guess she still posts here or somewhere.

Ahhh right, ok, now I've got you....thanks,

with sssoul
stones2000

Yeah I know obviously people could read the usernames. But they wouldn't know what they're for.

EddieByword
with sssoul
stones2000

I think the point was that only iorrians would know the significance of "Hi, my name is sssoul"....that you were an iorrian...for example

Exactly

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: April 13, 2015 20:06

EddieByword
Leonioid
EddieByword
Leonioid
EddieByword

Ahhh right, ok, now I've got you....thanks,

Also a Rolls Royce. Keith's first that he named Blue Lena. Believe he drove to France and stole Anita from BJ in it.

Date: April 13, 2015 20:31

stones2000
Yeah I know obviously people could read the usernames. But they wouldn't know what they're for.

I was (semi-)joking. But the aim is better served by something highly visible hollering IORR!
Anyone who cares can ask which one we are.

Date: April 13, 2015 20:32

2120Joe
Also a Rolls Royce. Keith's first that he named Blue Lena. Believe he drove to France and stole Anita from BJ in it.

That Blue Lena is a Bentley, not a Rolls.

Date: April 13, 2015 20:37

with sssoul
stones2000

I was (semi-)joking. But the aim is better served by something highly visible hollering IORR!
Anyone who cares can ask which one we are.

True, true. I guess I was trying to think of something cost and time efficient. But you're right, generic name tags don't scream IORR enough

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 13, 2015 21:27

Its a Bentley Continental, not just any Bentley - classic design from the 1950s, and named after Len Horne if my memory is correct

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:07

A secret handshake...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:16

Leonioid
EddieByword

Also on the cover of Angee's book, with Keith!

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:24

MisterDDDD
I think stickers might be the best way to go,people could make them themselves fairly easily, or someone (I would volunteer to help) could produce and mail them to people who send a self addressed envelope with like a dollar or whatever it is to cover costs for example...

Great idea, MisterDDDD..... I really like this sticker thing

Cheers smileys with beer

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 13, 2015 22:42

Leonioid

Indeed. She's lovely. I've only met her once but she is truly a Keith/Stones fan.

Something tells me she doesn't post at IORR any more. (I could be wrong).

SomeTorontoGirl
Also on the cover of Angee's book, with Keith!

Very true!!cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-13 22:45 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 13, 2015 23:28

Great idea.......I think I will print some on glossy stickers...........

But actually I prefer this one ....the complete Rolling Stones............maybe I should add ALO and Jimmy Miller

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home