Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
No Security
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 21:08

Hi. I was hoping I could get some info on the "No Security" album. I was trying to find a copy, but Amazon only has 1 copy under about $50...is it a rare album or something? None of my other Stones albums have been anywhere near that much money. Thanks!

Re: No Security
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 10, 2015 21:13

Here's the info on the album:

[www.iorr.org]

CE smoking smiley

------------------------

ETA: You can get it here:

[www.amazon.ca]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 21:17 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 10, 2015 21:25

For some reason it has not yet been reissued by Universal, I have no idea why.
The Stones website says "The album is currently unavailable but will be reissued later this year." But it has been saying that for at least two years now!
[www.rollingstones.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 10, 2015 21:29

It is a great album! Out Of Control and Saint Of Me from River Plate Stadium Buenos Aires...

Bjornulf

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 21:31

It's available for $13 bucks on Amazon

Date: April 10, 2015 21:47

Cocaine Eyes
Here's the info on the album:

[www.iorr.org]

CE smoking smiley

------------------------

ETA: You can get it here:

[www.amazon.ca]

Oh, thank you!

Date: April 10, 2015 21:49

Deltics
For some reason it has not yet been reissued by Universal, I have no idea why.
The Stones website says "The album is currently unavailable but will be reissued later this year." But it has been saying that for at least two years now!
[www.rollingstones.com]

Interesting..I'm sure they'll re-release it at some point. I guess it just isn't famous enough to be a priority. Thanks for the link!

Date: April 10, 2015 21:51

bv
It is a great album! Out Of Control and Saint Of Me from River Plate Stadium Buenos Aires...

Thanks bv, I'd like to find a copy now. Maybe at my local record/CD store...

Date: April 10, 2015 21:52

alhavu1
It's available for $13 bucks on Amazon

Really? I was checking Amazon.ca...are you using .com?

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 10, 2015 22:21

No Security is the best live album by the Stones in my opinion.
Better than the very overrated Get Your Ya Ya's Out.
There is no other Stones live album which sounds better, it really sounds amazingly good!
The band is playing tighter than ever before and the guitars are upfront in the mix with less prominent backing vocals and keyboards.

''Gimme Shelter'' (when Lisa still could sing), ''Respectable'' (Best version ever) and ''Saint Of Me'' are some of the highlights. The Japanese bonus track ''I Just Want To Make Love to you'' is also brilliant.

This album is a must have!

To quote Keith (interviewed by Dean Goodman in 1998)

''I believe it’s definitely the best sounding live Stones record there is. People always throw Ya-Ya’s (The 1970 live album Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out!) at you, which was damned good spirit, but sound-wise it was early days. I think with a bit of luck people might agree this is Ya-Ya’s, but better recorded, y’know?''

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 10, 2015 22:32

it's a good record, OOC especially, but claiming it's on par with Ya-Ya's is just promotional talk.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 22:33

bv

Great album
I love the crowd reprising Saint of Me at the end of the song. Really a great moment. The Paris crowd did something similar last summer with Miss You.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 10, 2015 22:53

stones2000
I was trying to find a copy, but Amazon only has 1 copy under about $50...

You can find new copies from $9.99 here: [www.amazon.com]

or used copies from $0.29 here: [www.amazon.com]

BTW: I wonder why No Security is not available on Spotify, at least in my region, while all the other albums are. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: April 10, 2015 22:59

stones2000
bv

Thanks bv, I'd like to find a copy now. Maybe at my local record/CD store...

go to the library and burn it

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:02

Has it ever been definitely determined and publicly posted who
the 2 dudes on the cover "No Security" are and why they were chosen?
Someone said they were Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson, but that does not make sense.

GS1978
Great album
I love the crowd reprising Saint of Me at the end of the song. Really a great moment.
Indeed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 23:07 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:30

Leonioid

Has it ever been definitely determined and publicly posted who the 2 dudes on the cover "No Security" are and why they were chosen?

At least who the one is:

IORR 1998 News - November 4: Who's on the No Security cover?

The No Security CD is now out all over the world, and Stones fans may enjoy the memories of the BtB tour.
The front cover photo is taken at the show in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, and the guy is Wolfgang Dusek, optician from Vienna. The girl is still not identified.

[www.iorr.org]

Date: April 10, 2015 23:37

franzk
stones2000
I was trying to find a copy, but Amazon only has 1 copy under about $50...

You can find new copies from $9.99 here: [www.amazon.com]

or used copies from $0.29 here: [www.amazon.com]

BTW: I wonder why No Security is not available on Spotify, at least in my region, while all the other albums are. eye rolling smiley

Oh thank you! If possible, I'd like to see if I can find a copy on Amazon.ca (canadian verson), but Amazon.com is always a possibility. It's just that .ca usually has free shipping.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:44

No Security is a great sounding live album, but its the song selection that leaves it mediocre. It was the live album from the Bridges to Babylon tour of 1998. They then did an arena tour in 1999 called No Security.

Many fans believe the tour performances in the 90's, like this, were the best the band ever did. the 70's were fun, and had a lot of character, but were pretty ragged productions and poor sound, '81 was all production and terrible sound. '89 was pretty good, but Voodoo Lounge and BtB & No Security were really sharp tours, great shows!

Date: April 10, 2015 23:53

Irix
Leonioid

Has it ever been definitely determined and publicly posted who the 2 dudes on the cover "No Security" are and why they were chosen?

At least who the one is:

The No Security CD is now out all over the world, and Stones fans may enjoy the memories of the BtB tour.
The front cover photo is taken at the show in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, and the guy is Wolfgang Dusek, optician from Vienna. The girl is still not identified.

[www.iorr.org]
Thanks, and sure enough a google search with images shows a couple of pictures of a man resembling the cover... If I lived in Austria I would visit this man for my eye exam and talk to him about it, not that I would understand what he said, because I dont speak Austrian, but still...

Ze Serchz>> [www.google.com]

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 11, 2015 00:02

Leonioid
Irix
Leonioid

At least who the one is:

[www.iorr.org]
Thanks, and sure enough a google search with images shows a couple of pictures of a man resembling the cover... If I lived in Austria I would visit this man for my eye exam and talk to him about it, not that I would understand what he said, because I dont speak Austrian, but still...

you don't have to, they speak German winking smiley

Date: April 11, 2015 00:11

franzk
Leonioid
Irix
Leonioid

At least who the one is:

[www.iorr.org]

you don't have to, they speak German winking smiley

Perfect! Then I would only have to learn one new language.

Someone from Austria or even Australia or Germany should go bother this man and do an unofficial IORR interview with him. I wonder if he has the album cover framed in his office or someplace? Maybe the CD framed? Does he think implants or surgery are best for correting vision? Does he think it is OK to selpp in contact lenses? Ask him who the other guy in the picture is? Ask him if has he ever seen Rush in concert? Stuff like that. I would do it but I just had my eyes checked so I am good for another 2 years.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 11, 2015 00:21

Ask him who the other guy in the picture is?

It's a girl, no?

Date: April 11, 2015 00:23

peoplewitheyes
Ask him who the other guy in the picture is?

It's a girl, no?
These days I wouldnt want to offend anybody by saying the wrong thing, so I dont know, maybe someone should ask the good Doctor

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 11, 2015 00:29

either way, it's a dreadful cover

Date: April 11, 2015 00:46

peoplewitheyes
either way, it's a dreadful cover
I agree.
Sometimes I look at that cover and I say, go away ya damn lochness monsters I aint got no treefiddy!! And still, them two just looking at me, him puffing that cigarette getting ready to ask me again for treefiddy.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: April 11, 2015 00:56

No Security sucks, that's why you can't find it anywhere!smiling smiley Better than Ya-Ya's? Baloney, its worse than Still Life!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 11, 2015 00:56

Aren't they are couple of actors from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie ??

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 11, 2015 01:07

stones2000
Hi. I was hoping I could get some info on the "No Security" album. I was trying to find a copy, but Amazon only has 1 copy under about $50...is it a rare album or something? None of my other Stones albums have been anywhere near that much money. Thanks!

Great album, lovely collection of tunes not often featured on live albums.

Are you referring to the vinyl or cd? I know the vinyl can be quite pricey, but didn't think the CD was selling at such a premium.

Date: April 11, 2015 01:09

Rockman
Aren't they are couple of actors from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie ??
Yes.

I thought I had seen them somewhere else- TGWTDTTM

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 11, 2015 01:21

treaclefingers
stones2000

Great album, lovely collection of tunes not often featured on live albums.

Are you referring to the vinyl or cd? I know the vinyl can be quite pricey, but didn't think the CD was selling at such a premium.

Believe it or not there are a lot of coo-coos who list CDs at sky-high prices adding 'long OOP, megarare' and other similar hooks. This one should be dirt cheap. Last time I saw it in the bins the price was like 2.5 Euros (~$3).

But it is nice 'Las Vegas' album with highlights and flops. And not so many warhorses on it, thanx God. But those duets and guest appearances... I can easily live without those.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home