Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Band 2 - Tim Ries Bernard Fowler & co 2015
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:54

Hi,

I know he is doing a show in Columbus the day before the Stones show, which I can't make. There isn't any info on his website but I know that some here are sometimes in touch with him - is he doing other shows? I'd particularly be interested if there is something in Quebec City.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 08:31 by bv.

Re: Tim Ries Rolling Stones Project
Posted by: MDman ()
Date: April 10, 2015 07:35

Tim Ries Project is also playing in Minneapolis the night before the Big Concert at TCF Bank Stadium. They're playing the Dakota Jazz Club on June 2nd. Thinking seriously about going. Saw the Tim Ries Project in Chicago 2006. A FUN Show and I bought Tim's CD and met him after the Show. The Night before that fateful Cold, windy and Rainy Concert at Soldier Field.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 10, 2015 08:02

Tim is also planning shows in Dallas, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee and Detroit.

Posted by: Kellie40 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 22:36

Does anyone know if Tim will be playing in San Diego?

Date: May 5, 2015 08:11

From Tim's Facebook page:

Tim will be playing with guests (Bernard, Darryl and Karl Denson, depending on show) billed as "Band 2".
Details to follow but the planned dates and locations are:
May 29th-Columbus, Ohio
June 2nd-Minneapolis, MN
July 7th-Detroit, MI

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 5, 2015 11:04

I do Tim's FB page....he said they don't have a lot of shows planned but I'll get the info up as soon as he gives it to me. The name "Band 2" comes from a tag on a dressing room door.

Just Announced - Bernard Fowler
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 21, 2015 22:45

Just Announced: Hilliard, OH - May 29 at Park Street Saloon
CE smoking smiley

Link = [www.bandsintown.com] …

Re: Just Announced - Bernard Fowler
Date: May 21, 2015 22:59

Band 2: Bernard Fowler, Darryl Jones, Tim Reis, Karl Denson

[www.ticketweb.com]

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 23:02 by erikjjf.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:13

OK. Then rumoured 2nd LA extra show will never happens between SD and Columbus.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:33

I was considering Columbus. After last night and this thread I am seriously going to contemplate it. I haven't looked at seats for Columbus but my rule of thumb for any stadium show is First 15 rows centerish.

Who knows What regarding Columbus?

Posted by: fulldevilhakysac ()
Date: May 22, 2015 01:56

I've got two in section b row 7 mid aisle in front of keith for face if u decide to make trip

Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: May 23, 2015 15:13

Any date for Tim in Pittsburgh? Anyone have an idea where he'll play?smiling bouncing smiley

Re: Band 2 - Tim Ries Bernard Fowler & co 2015
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 29, 2015 08:35

Band 2 on Facebook:

[www.facebook.com]

Bjornulf

The Rolling Stones Project with Bernard Fowler - tonight!
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:44

I notice Bernard is playing a solo gig tonight in Columbus. Wondering who here is going? Hoping for a decent report. I imagine there is a pretty damn good chance he will have some special guests!

peace

Re: The Rolling Stones Project with Bernard Fowler - tonight!
Date: May 29, 2015 21:24

Geez, maybe I should have titled this thread "Stones Guesting in Small Club Gig", Hoping at least Bjornulf or angee checks this one out. confused smiley

peace

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 21:29

have they ever showed up at a gig that was pre-announced and put on by one of their back up singers/musicians?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 29, 2015 21:36

Charlie has

Date: May 29, 2015 21:36

Turner68
have they ever showed up at a gig that was pre-announced and put on by one of their back up singers/musicians?

Couldn't say actually, but I think it would be somewhat rude of them NOT to at least show up to support him. It's Columbus Ohio man, what else are they going to do, watch HBO in their hotel rooms?

peace

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 22:11

Naturalust
Turner68

Couldn't say actually, but I think it would be somewhat rude of them NOT to at least show up to support him. It's Columbus Ohio man, what else are they going to do, watch HBO in their hotel rooms?

peace

lol.

the main reason not to show is that people will be expecting them to show up, the place will be a zoo, and no one will listen to bernard's music. best strategy if they want to show support is to drop hints that they will show, get lots of people to go see bernard, and let him do his thing.

if you're a rolling stone you're a spectacle. ron wood stopped by a buddy guy club show i was at, the and whole room turned its back on buddy just to watch ron make his way towards the back room.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 29, 2015 22:26

What I meant was Charlie showed up to play with Tim Ries and the others. Think it was downunder last year

Date: May 29, 2015 22:27

Turner68
Naturalust
Turner68

peace

lol.

the main reason not to show is that people will be expecting them to show up, the place will be a zoo, and no one will listen to bernard's music. best strategy if they want to show support is to drop hints that they will show, get lots of people to go see bernard, and let him do his thing.

if you're a rolling stone you're a spectacle. ron wood stopped by a buddy guy club show i was at, the and whole room turned its back on buddy just to watch ron make his way towards the back room.

Yeah I understand the distraction factor. But since they are already using "The Rolling Stones" in the band name I'm a bit less empathetic. smoking smiley

And of course one way they could keep the attention focused on the stage and the music would be to sit in for a few tunes. The opportunity for them to really shine is still there.

Also a bit curious when this band turned from Tim Ries and The Rolling Stones Project to The Rolling Stones Project with Bernard Fowler...as it is currently billed. Is Tim Ries still playing? Do they take turns on who's name gets on the marquee?

peace

Club gig in Columbus Ohio tonight... Band 2 Feat Bernard Fowler, Darryl Jones, Tim Ries, Karl Denson, Chuck Leavell
Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 30, 2015 03:11

Re: Club gig in Columbus Ohio tonight... Band 2 Feat Bernard Fowler, Darryl Jones, Tim Ries, Karl Denson, Chuck Leavell
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 03:38

Very cool! I am so considering road tripping from Saginaw, MI to Columbus tomorrow! WOuld be solo. . .

Re: Club gig in Columbus Ohio tonight... Band 2 Feat Bernard Fowler, Darryl Jones, Tim Ries, Karl Denson, Chuck Leavell
Date: May 30, 2015 05:53

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 30, 2015 06:19

Sorry Naturalist, didn't see this.

Date: May 30, 2015 06:35

Hey thanks but no need to apologize to me, I'm not attached to the thread or the subject and your thread title is better too! Just wanted to condense the info for those actually interested. I'm pretty surprised there hasn't been much interest here.

I'm guessing Ronnie and possibly Mick will show up for a couple tunes to have some fun and get some press for their show tomorrow, who knows? If I were in Columbus I wouldn't miss the chance to hear these guys. This is about half the musicians on the Rolling Stones stage and the majority of the musicianship. They can probably play Stones tunes better than the Stones. eye popping smiley

peace

Posted by: jcooz ()
Date: May 30, 2015 07:09

I was there. Great show. Very jazz-heavy, but Chuck Leavell's turn was more blues. Great jazz versions of Stones songs, mixed with Tim Ries' tunes, I assume. Bernard sounded great, they all sounded great. A great warm up to tomorrow's Stones show.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 30, 2015 08:50

It was not a Jazz crowd tonight and after 3 songs many of them lost interest. Talking and shouting at the back was so loud, it was annoying. I don't know what people had expected. Chuck came on at the end and got the house rocking with his kind of music. He played Tomato Jam from one of his albums, an Allman Bros. track, and a blues track. Encore was Ruby Tuesday with Bernard on vocals. Bernard of course sang on some other songs too like HTW and Miss You.

The local Jazz musicians Tim had found, where great incl. Dwight Adams (Detroit) from Stevie Wonder's band.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 30, 2015 09:13

Some pics from tonight

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 2, 2015 00:12

excellent pics, as always, latvianinexile.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home