Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones LP Experts: Question about an Out Of Our Heads pressing
Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 04:23

Hi everyone. I picked up this copy of Out Of Our Heads in my local bargain bin. Looking at the labels, I was hoping someone could give me an idea of how early this pressing was made. Is it a '65...or a bit later? The link above is to my actual copy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-09 08:37 by bv.

Re: Stones LP Experts: Question about an Out Of Our Heads pressingconfused smiley
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 9, 2015 04:48

I'm pretty sure this is a later copy, but maybe not too much later. What does the inner sleeve show?

Keep in mind that stereo copies were still pretty rare in the mid 60s. That and the early Stereo copies didn't have the word London in a box. I have stereo copies of NOW! and 12x5 that have the word London unboxed.

Plus, there are some pressings that were done in England for the American market, that were in a box, but featured the ffss tagline for the stereo releases (and ffrr for mono).

Re: Stones LP Experts: Question about an Out Of Our Heads pressingconfused smiley
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 9, 2015 04:51

What are the Matrix Numbers?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: April 9, 2015 05:08

To answer your questions, it was sitting in the $1 bin with no inner sleeve, and the deadwax (stamped, not etched) are:

(Side A - stamped): ZAL 6791-1 2
(Side B - stamped): ZAL 6792-4

The link in my original post will take you to the actual LP I have, and images of the cover, reverse, and both labels. The cover does NOT have the "Electronically Re-Processed" text at the top.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 9, 2015 05:44

ROCKMAN

Date: April 9, 2015 05:59

Thanks Rockman. Cover looks a match, but label and pressing rings are different.

Re: Stones LP Experts: Question about an Out Of Our Heads pressing
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 9, 2015 09:25

In Sweden, it was virtually impossible to find US pressings of the Stones ' albums in the ' 60s, so when I got my first one of them in 1965 that was Out of our Heads so I was sure it was an English Edition .... This has I believed until a 3 years ago when it was taken up in any thread here on the Forum ...

Here comes another mysterious album cover-front page:

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 9, 2015 09:30

Come On, that has to be a later pressing. That group-shot dates from late 1966. The occasion was for a Gold Disc presentation in London, I believe.

Date: April 9, 2015 09:49

Big Al
Come On, that has to be a later pressing. That group-shot dates from late 1966. The occasion was for a Gold Disc presentation in London, I believe.

Yeah, Charlie with moustache, late -66 early -67 smiling smiley

Gold Disc presentation...Hope it were for the US-version that had 'The Spider and The Fly'....on the other hand 'I'm Free' is not a bad replacer...grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: April 9, 2015 10:50

Come On
In Sweden, it was virtually impossible to find US pressings of the Stones ' albums in the ' 60s, so when I got my first one of them in 1965 that was Out of our Heads so I was sure it was an English Edition .... This has I believed until a 3 years ago when it was taken up in any thread here on the Forum ...

This is from the same photo session that ended up on the compilation album "Profile".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-09 10:50 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 10:51

NICE COPY, INDEED

THIS TYPE-5 LABEL AND ITS RELATED DETAILS (made in USA, copyright control text, side one/two) and machine-typed Matrix onto vinyl) PLACE THIS COPY IN JULY/AUGUST 1965. ORIGINALLY ISSUED WIOTHOUT INNER SLEEVE: IT CAME WITH A THIN PLASTIC BAG.

ENJOY YOUR RECORD, LUCA

Date: April 9, 2015 12:02

1963luca0
NICE COPY, INDEED

THIS TYPE-5 LABEL AND ITS RELATED DETAILS (made in USA, copyright control text, side one/two) and machine-typed Matrix onto vinyl) PLACE THIS COPY IN JULY/AUGUST 1965. ORIGINALLY ISSUED WIOTHOUT INNER SLEEVE: IT CAME WITH A THIN PLASTIC BAG.

ENJOY YOUR RECORD, LUCA

Thanks, Luca!

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: April 9, 2015 12:34

Come On That "mysterious" OOOH is from the World Record Club of Australia.

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 12:58

HI ROCKMAN....

which book do you get this info????

THANKS

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 9, 2015 13:01

Das Weissbuch (The White Book) - Dieter Hoffman

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ozstonesfan ()
Date: April 9, 2015 13:07

Come On

Well this is of course as all hard core Aussie collectors know (this includes you Rockman) the World Record Club edition of Out Of Our Heads released in Australia in 1970. Quite rare these days but they pop up from time to time on the collectors market.

Cheers
Andrew

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 13:22

Rockman
Das Weissbuch (The White Book) - Dieter Hoffman

thanks...

Posted by: CaptainGlassback ()
Date: April 9, 2015 13:35

Sorry to butt in!! I have always had a question about 'Out Of Our Heads'. (UK LP). I still use a high end vinyl system for pre digital age LPs. Apart from the original copy I have bought 2 more. So I now have 3 copies and all are (seemingly) badly recorded with a rumbling sound to them. I note that the US version includes 'Play With Fire' and 'Spider and Fly'. 2 songs which were of course beautifully recorded. Anyone else know where I am coming from?!!

Date: April 9, 2015 14:09

CaptainGlassback,
I'm not sure I've correctly understood the sense of your question.

Date: April 9, 2015 15:28

CaptainGlassback
Sorry to butt in!! I have always had a question about 'Out Of Our Heads'. (UK LP). I still use a high end vinyl system for pre digital age LPs. Apart from the original copy I have bought 2 more. So I now have 3 copies and all are (seemingly) badly recorded with a rumbling sound to them. I note that the US version includes 'Play With Fire' and 'Spider and Fly'. 2 songs which were of course beautifully recorded. Anyone else know where I am coming from?!!

Where you are coming from!?! Denmark?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: CaptainGlassback ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:18

England! It is just a question about the quality of the studio recording, (or quality of pressings), of the tracks selected for the UK pressings.

Date: April 10, 2015 04:16

1963luca0
NICE COPY, INDEED

ENJOY YOUR RECORD, LUCA

Luca, is there a book or guide or website where I can find information like that? I searched for Type1, Type2, etc, but couldn't find anything.

Date: April 10, 2015 07:14

Tre Rolling Stones world-wide updated Discography on your local Amazon or .com

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 10, 2015 07:43

LUCA, You Rock! Nice to have an expert such as yourself here on IORR.

peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home