Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13
Re: The Rolling Stones - The Marquee - Live In 1971 new release !
Posted by: Mikael ()
Date: April 14, 2015 15:16

mitch
spunky
Give us a 20th anniversary Stripped box with audio and video of the Amsterdam, Paris and London club shows :-)

Don't forget the Tokyo and Lisbon studio sessions.
I am still hoping to hear one day their "I’m Left, You’re Right, She’s Gone" version.

I heartily agree!( For anyone who does not have it, "the rubidium remaster " of the Brixton gig sounds rather fantastic. As in richer and fuller than the rattlesnake version. And with keith in the right channel... )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 15:19 by Mikael.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 14, 2015 19:13

EasterMan
IrelandCalling4
Possibly Tokyo 1990 next; whatever comes, I'm just delighted we are getting all of this stuff

Please no!!!
I don't really get the excitement over having already circulated pro-shots released officially. It's great to have upgrades, but I want the unseen stuff like Texas '78.

If they are going to release anything from the latter-day era post 1989, which I hope they will, then they better release something more exciting like a 1999 show or the Licks tour club gigs. I would not mind to have more arena/stadium gigs from 97-07 either, but Tokyo 1990 or 1995 would be a downright nightmare!!

I'd be surprised if they do any more releases from the STEEL WHEELS/URBAN JUNGLE tours since there's already FLASHPOINT, LIVE AT THE MAX and the 1990 Tokyo live album.

And most likely that surprise would be the Atlantic City PPV. Which I wouldn't mind since that's probably the best Start Me Up ever. Although I bet the audio for UOTN has the studio trickery they did added to it for the live album that ended up as a B-side fortunately.

Date: April 14, 2015 19:15

GasLightStreet
EasterMan
IrelandCalling4
Possibly Tokyo 1990 next; whatever comes, I'm just delighted we are getting all of this stuff

Please no!!!
I don't really get the excitement over having already circulated pro-shots released officially. It's great to have upgrades, but I want the unseen stuff like Texas '78.

If they are going to release anything from the latter-day era post 1989, which I hope they will, then they better release something more exciting like a 1999 show or the Licks tour club gigs. I would not mind to have more arena/stadium gigs from 97-07 either, but Tokyo 1990 or 1995 would be a downright nightmare!!

I'd be surprised if they do any more releases from the STEEL WHEELS/URBAN JUNGLE tours since there's already FLASHPOINT, LIVE AT THE MAX and the 1990 Tokyo live album.

And most likely that surprise would be the Atlantic City PPV. Which I wouldn't mind since that's probably the best Start Me Up ever. Although I bet the audio for UOTN has the studio trickery they did added to it for the live album that ended up as a B-side fortunately.

That one is so bad that they'll never release it again! Besides, the untouched version is lightyears better..

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 15, 2015 02:02

I've seen bootleg videos from 89/90, where the audio is so badly mixed, Tim Reis' synth/keyboard is ridiculously upfront, and the guitars are way in the background.

It's as bad as you might think. Thank god they got rid of that guy and his crappy keys. No wonder Bill W left.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: April 15, 2015 14:47

Of course, Atlantic City; known primarily as 'Terrifying' - I'd forgotten that one, the version of 'Start me Up' is indeed excellent!

That tour was never a favourite of mine, but, recently I've been watching a lot of the pro-shots; kicked off really by how good the Tokyo 1990 audio release was 2 years ago. I just thought the band sounded excellent, and listen to Bill Wyman - listening to Bill on that show, and on the Hampton '81 DVD before Xmas; he really was an amazing player, and added so much to the sound. He gave them them 'roll'; they've been more rock than roll with Darryl - fine player though he is, Bill just gave them that extra spark that elevated everything. The archive releases have reiterated just how integral Bill was to the sound.

Anyway, 1989/1990 Pro-Shots; recently watched At the Max, Tokyo, Atlantic City, Madrid (or was it Barcelona?), and Montreal (or Quebec, can't remember which one) - on some pro shots the guitars are too low in the mix, keyboards too high. The Tokyo 1990 audio corrected that, guitars nice and high in the mix. A newfound appreciation for the jaunt; I have Dallas 1989 also, and L.A. (though my LA copy is pretty grainy, not really watchable, must seek a better copy).

Date: April 15, 2015 14:54

mosthigh
I've seen bootleg videos from 89/90, where the audio is so badly mixed, Tim Reis' synth/keyboard is ridiculously upfront, and the guitars are way in the background.

It's as bad as you might think. Thank god they got rid of that guy and his crappy keys. No wonder Bill W left.

That never happened.

Chuck and Matt, however... winking smiley

Then you have this:

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: April 15, 2015 17:40

DandelionPowderman

Then you have this:

Well, that leaves nothing to be desired!

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Marquee From The Vaults
Posted by: madshadow ()
Date: April 19, 2015 22:48

Haven't seen any thread about this new release due soon. Too obvious? Not good enough a performance? Nowhere as good as the thrill of seeing Keith there in December 1992!

Re: Marquee From The Vaults
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 19, 2015 22:49

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 22, 2015 17:20

Still nothing on Amazon. :-(

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: shack1 ()
Date: April 23, 2015 18:53

JumpingKentFlash

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 23, 2015 22:10

shack1
JumpingKentFlash

[www.amazon.co.uk]

The Amazon link refers to the Peacock Records release The Rolling Stones...Live at the BBC and beyond.
"13 unpublished tracks"

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 23, 2015 22:20

[www.base.com]

Go here!!! Full range and better prices!

Date: April 24, 2015 09:33

flairville
[www.base.com]

Hm but why does that site say you only get the "bonus tracks" (the fu-ups and restarts and so on) on the CD??
That's no fun!

Date: April 24, 2015 09:58

Just a typo, most presale listings have mistakes. Let's roll!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 24, 2015 10:04

with sssoul
flairville
[www.base.com]

Hm but why does that site say you only get the "bonus tracks" (the fu-ups and restarts and so on) on the CD??
That's no fun!

Yes - another way to make you buy more formats than you need. I'm thinking pirate bay for the bonus trackswinking smiley They've had enough of my money.

sc uk

Date: April 24, 2015 10:20

I'm sure I can sort you out with anything you need mate!

Date: April 24, 2015 10:38

Flairville sweetie, you're confusing me more than that site is. Is it just a typo,
or do we need to seek other sources? I don't feel any need for a CD of this gig,
but I do want to buy the official DVD that includes the fu-ups and restarts.
I've written to the shop and asked them to clarify what's included in each version.

Date: April 24, 2015 11:21

[www.rollingstones.com]

The above gives the listings on each version. If you buy the standard DVD that includes all bonus features being;

BONUS TRACKS:

I Got The Blues – Take 1
I Got The Blues – Take 2
Bitch – Take 1
Bitch – take 2
Brown Sugar (Top Of The Pops, 1971)

Date: April 24, 2015 11:39

Thanks my dear :E

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 24, 2015 12:00

Is the CD that comes with the DVD just the Marquee show soundtrack or another show?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 24, 2015 14:43

Father Ted
Is the CD that comes with the DVD just the Marquee show soundtrack or another show?

The cd is the full Bristol show.

Just kidding. Probably Marquee, a mirror of the dvd like they did with Texas '78, except that this one isn't nearly as worthy to only listen to, because it's so sloppy... I wish they'd release the Roundhouse show complete. But I guess I'll hold any judgement back 'til I've heard any of the releases.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 24, 2015 16:39

LieB
Father Ted

Just kidding. Probably Marquee, a mirror of the dvd like they did with Texas '78, except that this one isn't nearly as worthy to only listen to, because it's so sloppy... I wish they'd release the Roundhouse show complete. But I guess I'll hold any judgement back 'til I've heard any of the releases.

Thanks LB. My take on the archive project is that they are milking it for all they can with a steady drip-drip of releases. I'll bet that we see more complete shows at some point in the future, along with a multi-CD set of unreleased tracks.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 24, 2015 16:54

All those Marquee formats is a great lesson in how to confuse the costumer.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 24, 2015 18:00

flairville
I'm sure I can sort you out with anything you need mate!

thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs upcool smiley

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 24, 2015 19:11

LieB

-That's not funny>grinning smiley<

Posted by: dph ()
Date: April 25, 2015 18:46

I'm looking forward to this release but disappointed that it doesn't have the fantastic Bitch and Brown Sugar from the rehearsals, as heard on VGP-030, "The Lost Marquee Tapes." I used to have them on a VHS tape but not anymore. Anyone here have them? They have a real audience, unlike the dubbed in footage in the final product. Link to VGP-030 is here: 1971 Tour Archive

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 25, 2015 19:45

S.T.P
LieB

-That's not funny>grinning smiley<

it IS Very Funny!!smileys with beersmileys with beer
jeroen

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: April 28, 2015 15:17

Date: April 28, 2015 15:27

kleermaker
All those Marquee formats is a great lesson in how to confuse the costumer.

Yeah, just make sure you buy everything, so you won't miss something...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home