Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Ronnie Wood Ambassadors Theatre April 29th at 8pm 2015.
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 7, 2015 19:20

Hi all,
Just received email from The Ambassadors. Tickets onsale tomorrow at 11am UK time.

During a special evening to celebrate the upcoming release of his new book, How Can It Be? A Rock & Roll Diary, Ronnie Wood will appear on stage at the Ambassadors Theater, in conversation with BBC presenter Bob Harris.

Together, they will revisit memories of a life in music, and the audience will be invited to join them looking through the diary Wood kept aged just 17. Ten years before he joined the Rolling Stones, Wood’s musical apprenticeship with The Birds catapulted him onto the stage of London’s swinging music scene. Featuring a cast of characters including Jeff Beck, Pete Townshend, Eric Clapton, Keith Moon, Marianne Faithfull and many more, the story of his adventures was handwritten in Wood’s 1965 diary.

Inspired by its discovery, Ronnie Wood now presents his journal for the first time, plus rare photos and new artworks of a time of “continuous adventure” when “overspilling energy was more than enough to take care of work every night. We had enough left over to chase girls, write songs… It was all go, all the time.”

Book tickets now to attend this exclusive event, which includes a complimentary gift bag on arrival.

Re: Ronnie Wood Ambassadors Theatre April 29th at 8pm 2015.
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 7, 2015 21:14

They are being very coy about how much the tickets are going to cost. There had better be a diamond necklace and the keys to a Lamborghini in that gift bag...

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 7, 2015 21:35

I can't find anything on their website, do you guys have a link?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 7, 2015 21:43

Ronnie's come a long way from the fiasco one man show at Town Hall back in the 80s.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 8, 2015 00:09

Ronnie wood has a new book?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 8, 2015 00:30

A few years ago saw Ronnie and The Faces just down the road from Kingston, where I lived, front row at Teddington Studios.

Free tix and Ronnie having a chat about past times, with Rob Brydon, the host.

Times change if they charge an arm and a leg for same sort of thing.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: April 8, 2015 13:20

crawdaddy
A few years ago saw Ronnie and The Faces just down the road from Kingston, where I lived, front row at Teddington Studios.

Free tix and Ronnie having a chat about past times, with Rob Brydon, the host.

Times change if they charge an arm and a leg for same sort of thing.
£45 for an interview! Wonder what's in the goodie bag!

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: April 8, 2015 13:28

Do you know if he will also be signing books during this event?

Date: April 8, 2015 13:34

I'm hoping there may be an accoustic guitar leaning up against a table which he will pick up and strum to illustrate some of his tales of songwriting and life on the road.......

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 8, 2015 14:06

I've never heard of charging for a glorified book signing / launch.

If it's anything like his last (awful) book , I would expect to see it in the "gift" bag.

sc uk

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: April 8, 2015 14:24

Straycat!!! OUCH!! LOL

Regards
John

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 8, 2015 14:31

straycatuk
I've never heard of charging for a glorified book signing / launch.

If it's anything like his last (awful) book , I would expect to see it in the "gift" bag.

sc uk

Absolutely agree, love Ronnie and his playing to pieces but his biography was chucked out in 2 minutes.

His new book is by Genesis Publications so it's going to be expensive, I hope he's taken a leaf out of Bill's recent scrap book and put some time and pride into this new one.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 8, 2015 14:36

£45, eh? I think I may pass on this.

Date: April 8, 2015 15:33

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 8, 2015 15:49

Manofwealthandtaste
I'm hoping there may be an accoustic guitar leaning up against a table which he will pick up and strum to illustrate some of his tales of songwriting and life on the road.......

Yup ... that's really the main reason I'm going, in the hope that in between the talking there will be some playing !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 8, 2015 18:06

Where the hell are the fan package seats? I demand a meal and laminate before the "show"!!!!!!!!

I'm saving the money and going to the Who at Hyde Park instead

sc uk

Date: April 9, 2015 08:16

You've got to spoil yourself sometimes. Me and the Mrs will be there.

Ronnie new book/diary release and event tix: How Can It Be?
Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: April 20, 2015 21:16

I can't attend but will buy the book. I though this would be of interest to IORRians and did not see it posted elsewhere:

During a special evening to celebrate the upcoming release of his new book, How Can It Be? A Rock & Roll Diary, Ronnie Wood will appear on stage at the Ambassadors Theatre, in conversation with BBC presenter Bob Harris, at 8pm on Wednesday the 29th of April 2015.

Together, they will revisit memories of a life in music, and the audience will be invited to join them looking through the diary Wood kept aged just 17. Ten years before he joined the Rolling Stones, Wood’s musical apprenticeship with The Birds catapulted him onto the stage of London’s swinging music scene. Featuring a cast of characters including Jeff Beck, Pete Townshend, Eric Clapton, Keith Moon, Marianne Faithfull and many more, the story of his adventures was handwritten in Wood’s 1965 diary.

Inspired by its discovery, Ronnie Wood now presents his journal for the first time, plus rare photos and new artworks of a time of “continuous adventure” when “overspilling energy was more than enough to take care of work every night. We had enough left over to chase girls, write songs... It was all go, all the time.”

Book tickets now to attend this exclusive event, which includes a complimentary gift bag on arrival.
Early booking is recommended.

[ronniewood.ambassadorstheatre.london]

Re: Ronnie new book/diary release and event tix: How Can It Be?
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 20, 2015 22:15

There is nothing that ain't here somewhere winking smiley

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 21, 2015 14:21

Good luck !!!

Win tickets for Ronnie's book launch

[classicrock.teamrock.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 21, 2015 15:19

Cant seem to find a Pre-order link anywhere for his book.

Does anyone know where to pre-order.

Jeroen

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 29, 2015 10:29

See all the usual suspects tonight!! Let's roll!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 29, 2015 10:40

Have fun tonite everyone!!!!
Jeroen

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 29, 2015 12:04

flairville
See all the usual suspects tonight!! Let's roll!

thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Date: April 29, 2015 13:13

Not sure if this link will work from overseas, a 40 second clip, but - [www.bbc.co.uk]

Should be an entertaining evening........

Date: April 29, 2015 13:45

Hava a great time !

Can't wait to hear Ronnie's new version :-)

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 29, 2015 17:05

bleedingman
Ronnie's come a long way from the fiasco one man show at Town Hall back in the 80s.

Was in the front row at that disaster. Someone connected with him or Keith (I forget who) threw a bottle of booze on the stage. Jo was dressed in what seemed like a tu tu. Ronnie was smashed.

Date: April 29, 2015 17:16

Hadn't heard about that one man-show, but did some searching grinning smiley

The show was a disaster. Peter was completely wasted on God knows what. He dropped the slides on the floor, scattering them everywhere. He was freaking out, but he was not together enough to be able to sort them out. Ronnie was sucking down Jack Daniel’s, plus whatever else Peter was giving him. By the time we got onstage to introduce the show, the crowd had been waiting a long time. They were heckling us; I wasn’t even sure what they were saying, but I shouted back at them. Finally, we got offstage and they brought Ronnie on — and he was so drunk he couldn’t talk, plus the slides were all out of order. It was a total mess, and we were just lucky the show wasn’t filmed.

After the show, somehow word got to Ronnie that Keith Richards wanted to see him. Keith was staying at the Plaza Hotel, so we headed up there — it was Ronnie, Peter, me, J.J., and maybe one other person. Ronnie knocked on Keith’s door, and he was still loaded. Keith opened the door, and he was so pissed at Ronnie, he practically lifted him up by the collar. Word had gotten back to Keith about what a mess the show was, and he was livid: You didn’t damage the name of the Stones like that. J. J. looked at me, and we both knew this was not going to be our chance to hang out with Keith. We turned on our heels and walked out of the Plaza.

[www.nydailynews.com]

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 29, 2015 18:31

Quite accurate. The slide show was a MESS

Date: April 29, 2015 20:43

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home