Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Online rumours of European shows
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 3, 2015 20:43

I've seen some rumours online this week about European shows later this year obviously there is nothing about this on here so it's probably nothing,has anyone here heard anything about this,could it be a back up plan if South America fell through again?

Nate

Re: Online rumours of European shows
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 20:46

OMG London is calling!hot smiley

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: April 3, 2015 20:47

That's how rumours start...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 3, 2015 20:53

I wonder how much longer they can keep touring with this current setup (short tours, all pretty much part of the 50th anniversary). I really thought they wouldn't come back to America again but I guess I was wrong. I don't see why they'd tour Europe again, but I guess if they have the strength for it the tickets are obviously gonna sell.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 20:54

I would expect summer 16; highly doubt they'd do an arena tour in Europe

Date: April 3, 2015 20:56

Unfortunately I can't go to the states so my dream is South America later this year and next year another European tour finishing off in my hometown London.

Mr Ronnie Wood has just bought a house ten minutes up the road from me,he was in my mums shop the other day buying some stuff for his new place,if I see him around town I will be sure to ask him about future shows.

Nate thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-03 21:00 by Nate.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 3, 2015 20:58

I see them doing a short UK/Ireland tour in the summer of 2016.
Only because I can't imagine they would skip places like Ireland & Scotland on a tour where they have played nearly everywhere.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 3, 2015 20:59

Nate
I've seen some rumours online this week about European shows later this year obviously there is nothing about this on here so it's probably nothing,has anyone here heard anything about this,could it be a back up plan if South America fell through again?

Nate

Do you have a link? There's some rumours here in south america about the november concerts, so I think it's unlikely that they will play here on that month and in Europe later on. I remember BV saying there's some talks about concerts in London in 2016, so I guess that's what will be. winking smiley

Date: April 3, 2015 21:06

I don't have a link it's just some things I read on Facebook so probably not true,personally even though I live in the UK I hope they don't do Europe this year because it would mean indoor shows and I love the big outdoor shows with hot sunny days,I've got my heart set on South America as I've never been there and it will be fantastic if it happens then hopefully another European tour summer 2016

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 3, 2015 21:18

Nate
I don't have a link it's just some things I read on Facebook so probably not true,personally even though I live in the UK I hope they don't do Europe this year because it would mean indoor shows and I love the big outdoor shows with hot sunny days,I've got my heart set on South America as I've never been there and it will be fantastic if it happens then hopefully another European tour summer 2016

Nate thumbs up

I think it will happen and the concerts will be awesome. smileys with beer

Date: April 3, 2015 21:23

I really hope it does happen then some friends and me will come down to South America for 2 weeks and do all the shows in that timeframe,we were thinking probably Brazil and Argentina

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-03 21:25 by Nate.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 3, 2015 21:28

Nate
I don't have a link it's just some things I read on Facebook

Facebook has links too smiling smiley Or make a screenshot thumbs up

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 3, 2015 21:55

simple fact – given the Stones' history and especially recognizing the place where they began their career it would be absurd NOT to do a (very) final show in London before quitting the RnR circus for good

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 3, 2015 23:13

At least they should ended in Europe............

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 3, 2015 23:25

Nate
Unfortunately I can't go to the states so my dream is South America later this year and next year another European tour finishing off in my hometown London.

Mr Ronnie Wood has just bought a house ten minutes up the road from me,he was in my mums shop the other day buying some stuff for his new place,if I see him around town I will be sure to ask him about future shows.

Ronnie's just bought a London house?
He will have to keep working then!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 3, 2015 23:28

jlowe
Nate

He will have to keep working then![/[/b]quote]

cool smiley >grinning smiley< winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: FB ()
Date: April 3, 2015 23:51

Europe tour summer 2016 would be great. Anyone have a feeling they will do a tour next year too??smiling smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 3, 2015 23:56

<<quitting the RnR circus for good>>

I doubt they would sully the fun they derive from performance by taking to a show with the bittersweet prospect of knowing it to be their last.

As with A Bigger Bang being their final ever full-length album of new original songs, the "last" time will not be planned ahead but will arrive after the fact with the realization that they cannot do it anymore, for one reason or another.

But with the way they still perform, that point is still some length away.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 3, 2015 23:59

Hogmanay Scotland 2015.The Tartan Tongue.

Edinburgh Castle New Years Eve 2015 - now that's what I call a way to go out in Scotland!!- Have Checked with Edinburgh Castle they are saying they have the Castle booked but won't disclose. any info. One can only dream.

This is based on no concrete information only that the castle was sounded out in 1999 after the cancellation of the 1998 Gig.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 4, 2015 00:14

Love to see the Uk this year, but can wait for next year.smileys with beer

Date: April 4, 2015 00:43

jlowe
Nate

He will have to keep working then!

No Ronnie has a house in London but when he was in my mums shop he said that he was selling it.
I live in Hertfordshire not far out of London and Ronnie has just bought a place ten minutes up the road from me,I was told he is moving in next week and I know for a fact that the people he bought it off had a removal company take their stuff out yesterday.

Nate

Date: April 4, 2015 00:46

I am in Hertfordshire as well he could be a neighbour then! >grinning smiley<

Date: April 4, 2015 00:50

desertblues68
I am in Hertfordshire as well he could be a neighbour then! >grinning smiley<

Where are you in Hertfordshire ?

Nate thumbs up

Date: April 4, 2015 00:54

Top of northern line Barnet.

Date: April 4, 2015 01:00

desertblues68
Top of northern line Barnet.

Some way from me then.

My nearest town is Berkhamsted in North west Hertfordshire

Nate

Date: April 4, 2015 01:04

Nice part of the countrysmoking smiley

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 4, 2015 02:18

Starting in September would be an ideal time for the Stones to play 15 European concerts. Take the summer off. Europeans are taking vacations anyway. Wait for everyone to get back into their work grooves in September. So play Europe then.....

Then play 2-3 Latin American concerts so they don't feel left out and disrespected. Stones could easily draw crowds of 100,000 to 200,000 in Brazil and a few other Latin venues. They'll go Stones crazy over there beacuse they are not as spoiled and jaded as Americans and Europeans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-04 02:19 by triceratops.

Date: April 4, 2015 02:33

Yeah play to 3 or 4 large South American audiences; 1 in South Africa and then back to the UK and Europehot smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home