Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Berlin Waldbühne - when the Stones made me proud.
Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 2, 2015 17:37

The gig at Berlin Waldbühne was sold out in a few minutes.
Among those 22.000 going to see the band in this fantastic venue, a great number of people weren´t real Stones-Fans nor even went to a Stones gig ever, nor bought a record or downloaded a song.
But in Berlin in April 2014 up to the gig in June some kind of fever came up, so even the not so much-fans, the Stones-not knowers fought to get a ticket just because they were curious.
They wantet to see the World Biggest Rock-Monster like watchin a dinosaurier coming to town.
This type of ticket buyers made out at least a third of the 22.000 crowd.
Then came the day. June 10. A hot day. A great opening act. An intermission. The countdown-sound. The Stones. On stage. Alive. Opening-song.
During that start of Start Me Up, I - standing Ronnies Side FOS - looked around the lovely amphitheatre and you could see: the first tunes of Keith,the kikcing in of Charlie and the band, the first moves of Mick,his first lines made something like an electric-shock in every single body.
1. In the die hard fans who immidietly felt the old known connection.
2. in the first-time-curious-group who felt in this opening moment what their father and mother or elder brother or sister, ggod friends and the whole world was talking about all those years.

I was proud. Proud on my band.

Especially when the pretty neat daughter 22 years of a friend came up to me afetr the gig, saying:
"All those years hearing you talking about the Stones when I was a child and a teen I thought you were a bit crazy. You still are. But since today I´m crazy too."

Re: Berlin Waldbühne - when the Stones made me proud.
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 2, 2015 17:50

Was there with my son (15). He now has a Waldbühne poster
in his room, next to Die Toten Hosen, ZZ Top and Blue
Man Group. I passed it on.

thumbs upRe: Berlin Waldbühne - when the Stones made me proud.
Date: April 3, 2015 00:57

thumbs upthumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 3, 2015 03:13

What a hot day it was, but so much fun!!!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 14:01

What a fab day, hot, magnificent location, a great atmosphere and concert! Hope to see them again soon!grinning smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 3, 2015 14:40

And Waldbühne has that big Stones history.I'd bought my first single in 65. But the Berlin Waldbühne riots had a great part in really makin me a Stonesfan.That was all over Germany and the press thought they came like Attila and the huns into our country.Good stuff. We loved it.In those days you got attacked on the streets for long hair . .

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: April 3, 2015 14:48

Very special venue, great weather... Probably the coolest ever front row thanks to the stairs just in front. I'd say the day maybe had been too hot for both the band and the crowd. But a great show anyway.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 3, 2015 14:59

caschimann
The gig at Berlin Waldbühne

... I will never forget it

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 15:08

Simply the best concert I have ever attended. The venue and the audience were inseparable part of the whole experience of course. Too bad there is no really good recording of this fabulous night.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 3, 2015 15:49

caschimann
Among those 22.000 going to see the band in this fantastic venue, a great number of people weren´t real Stones-Fans nor even went to a Stones gig ever, nor bought a record or downloaded a song.

VERY unlikely – why should people pay a hell lot of money to see a band on which the never spent any money before? And how should those people manage to get tickets for a show that was sold out within minutes?

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 3, 2015 15:54

slewan
caschimann

VERY unlikely – why should people pay a hell lot of money to see a band on which the never spent any money before? And how should those people manage to get tickets for a show that was sold out within minutes?

There are people who attend every single big show in their area. They don't care about the music they just like big events, whether it's Rolling Stones, Madonna, U2, Metallica, football game, Olympics etc. They just go there to post pics on Facebook and impress their friends. It's their lifestyle. I've met several of those people over the years.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 3, 2015 16:18

didn't manage to score a ticket in time. what can you do? it took me almost all
day and seven stops with different cars hitchhiking to Berlin. when i finally went
up that trail through the forest, i could already hear the intro go off. so then
i kind of snapped out and climbed over the fence between the trees and got onto
the site unnoticed. during the show it wasn't that difficult to make it down to
the front. i had to jump over two railings though. in a way it was like a reality
of the dream where one struggles to get to the show but never quite makes it. but
in reality, i did! and it was definitely the greatest venue of the 2014 tour.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 3, 2015 17:07

Didn't enjoy this concert as much as I did other dates on this european leg. Although the venue was great.

I thought Keith & Ronnie were posing too much.

A lot had to do with the amazing gig at Pinkpop a couple of days earlier, what made the Berlin gig a bit of a letdown. But they delivered again the dates after Berlin (especially Paris & Düsseldorf).

Date: April 3, 2015 18:13

BowieStone
Didn't enjoy this concert as much as I did other dates on this european leg. Although the venue was great.

A lot had to do with the amazing gig at Pinkpop a couple of days earlier, what made the Berlin gig a bit of a letdown. But they delivered again the dates after Berlin (especially Paris & Düsseldorf).

Everyone has his own sight and impressions.
Sorry for you that you felt this way.
But may you read the reports of Waldbühne on IORR and you will see how it really wassmiling smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 3, 2015 19:32

franzk
slewan
caschimann

There are people who attend every single big show in their area. They don't care about the music they just like big events, whether it's Rolling Stones, Madonna, U2, Metallica, football game, Olympics etc. They just go there to post pics on Facebook and impress their friends. It's their lifestyle. I've met several of those people over the years.

sure – but for them it was hardly the first time to seen the Stones – or rather to make themselevs seen at a Stones show

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: April 3, 2015 19:36

yes, impressions are quite subjective
I enjoyed that gig very much, but musically I felt it was rather average. Zurich was stronger, Düsseldorf more weak.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 3, 2015 19:43

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 3, 2015 19:45

BowieStone

I agree with you BowieStone. That Pinkpop show blew me away! I was amazed how good it was. I went to Rome and Werchter too, but Pinkpop was the standout for me. There were other great shows on the European 2014 Tour too. In fact that whole tour was, on the whole an even better tour then 2013. They really peaked. I'm anxious to see if they can maintain that level for 2015.

Date: April 5, 2015 04:56

I was sick for a few weeks and it didn´t get better - but I had to go to this special show - my seat was near the stage and a lot of nice people were around (especially my friend and my sister which was great) The atmosphere was perfect and the weather very hot.

I screamed, danced and sang a lot and the whole energy of the show left me healthy and happy!

Very special!! Thanks to The Rolling Stones!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 5, 2015 09:39

I can't compare it to other shows on the Euro tour, but I CAN agree that it was a great, high energy show. smiling smiley

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 5, 2015 14:27

It very much depends on our own mood. For me, Berlin was among the best among the 6 gigs last year. Dusseldorf may have been slightly better musically but the general feel and craziness in Berlin (and memories) are wonderful. A memorable day.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 6, 2015 10:18

Does anyone have good pictures of the Waldbuhne show? I´m serching for pictures of the whole venue from that night.

Date: April 6, 2015 11:02

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-06 11:02 by Nikkei.

Date: April 6, 2015 11:22

Nikkei

Many Thankssmileys with beer

Date: April 6, 2015 12:03

barely bearable tension! can anybody spot themselves?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 6, 2015 13:12

Very cool shots - thanks for sharing them!
I see the burlies who were in my way for a lot of the show so I must be in there somewhere :E

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: April 6, 2015 13:38

fantastic show!!
My best memory of this tour .. simple set list but amazing place for a gig
Keith was in great shape
JJF was great and "waiting on a friend" the surprise of the night

Posted by: harrybo ()
Date: April 6, 2015 13:40

I can see myself and my gilfriends hand winking smiley thank you for that picture!!!

Date: April 6, 2015 16:01

WOW, amazing, thanks!

I can see myself in the pit Keiths side, i´m the one with the orange Landgraaf shirtsmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 6, 2015 17:19

Great memories!

It was hot tailgating, but amazing to do it with so many IORRians: paulywaul, Beast and with sssoul to name a few. Thanks for that Kempinski ice winking smiley

An excellent opener for my run of 4 shows last summer.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home