Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Joni Mitchell In Intensive Care
Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 2, 2015 01:14

Naturalust
2120Wolf
Naturalust
stanlove
Could someone explain to me why people feel the need to post things like Best Wishes to You or similar things whenever a famous person gets sick or even dies?

I always find it silly and strange..

Because human thought is the most powerful force on the planet and loving, compassionate thoughts do make a difference. Collectively they make a big difference.

peace

Naturalust: Fact is a nuclear missile is the most powerful force on this planet at this time...

Naw, it's still collective human thought and effort that created that missile and there's probably some star wars defense that was similarly created to nullify it. But there are some natural forces that are pretty hard to compete with, volcanos, earthquakes, hurricanes and such. smoking smiley

peace

Good Point...However I cannot think of a single Volcano, Earthquake or Hurricane that caused the destruction of Nagasaki & Hiroshima...besides Albert and Fermi had no idea what the US Gov was doing with the so-called collective thought that they were providing...

Date: April 2, 2015 01:17

Rockman

She is only 27 years older than Sticky Fingers !!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 2, 2015 01:18

ROCKMAN

Date: April 2, 2015 01:22

Rockman

She looks great...Thanks for posting !!!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 2, 2015 05:41

stanlove
Could someone explain to me why people feel the need to post things like Best Wishes to You or similar things whenever a famous person gets sick or even dies?

I always find it silly and strange..

In the hope that the celebrity will read the well wishes, eg on my Facebook page, and will feel cheered up.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: April 2, 2015 09:12

Probably my biggest inspiration and source of all that is good. The BeaTles, The Rolling Stones, Bryan Ferry's vocal style (I had Roxy Music playing in 1988. My mum popped her head into the bedroom and asked me, "Is that you singing?" You can't buy that!), Pink Floyd..

I thought about this all day after hearing the news. And it's a reasonable conclusion. I was lucky enough to see Joni American Labour Day 1979 at the PNE (first venue of first date of 1972 Tour) in Vancouver. It was the closest to Winnipeg she was playing that summer and she said, "All my friends and family are here tonight."

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 09:18

Very strange that the newspaper says she suffers from Morgellons Disease. This is a very strange condition usually associated with parasitic psychosis.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: April 2, 2015 09:21

Here is a link to wikipedia's post on Morgellon's. Don't know if we're allowed to post links from other sites, so if it's vapourized...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgellons

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 4, 2015 14:40

Singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell is "getting stronger each day" after being taken to hospital earlier this week, a statement published on her website says.
The 71-year-old was found unconscious in her Los Angeles home on Tuesday afternoon.
A statement released on her website late on Friday said the singer was "resting comfortably".
It is still not clear what Ms Mitchell is being treated for.
"We are encouraged by her progress and she continues to improve and get stronger each day," the statement said.
In December, Canadian-born Ms Mitchell told Billboard magazine that she had a rare skin condition, Morgellons disease, which prevented her from performing.
"I can't sing any more - don't miss it. I can't play any more - don't miss it. I've got all these instruments laying around and hopefully one day I'll pick them up," she was quoted as saying.
Morgellons is a controversial condition and is not recognised by mainstream medical authorities.
Sufferers say it is characterised by crawling and stinging sensations under the skin but many in the medical community believe it is a psychiatric disorder.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 29, 2015 01:28

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 29, 2015 01:31

I had a brain aneurysm in 2003, and I got help right away, leading to a more or less full recovery. Most people who have a ruptured aneurysm die in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, so the very fact that Joni's still alive bodes well for her to come back from this, albeit slowly.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 29, 2015 01:48

Aquamarine
I had a brain aneurysm in 2003, and I got help right away, leading to a more or less full recovery. Most people who have a ruptured aneurysm die in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, so the very fact that Joni's still alive bodes well for her to come back from this, albeit slowly.

Yes, I know of a few people who had what you and Joni had Aqua, and they didn't make it. Glad you got the help you needed so quickly and are fully recovered. I hope Joni Mitchell is able to come back from this, it sounds devastating.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 29, 2015 01:55

I doubt she'd be able to come back all the way, sadly, as time is so key, but as I said the very fact she's still alive suggests she's got the strength she'd need for at least a partial recovery. I wish her well, anyway.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 29, 2015 17:38

It must have been a very slow bleeding aneurysm for her to still be alive even though she was unconscious for some time in her home. She is very, very fortunate.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 29, 2015 18:46

[lighting the incense of well-being for Joni Mitchell]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:11

>Joni

Jun 28, 2015: Update on Joni's health
Leslie Morris, Joni's conservator, has approved the following statement to be made through JoniMitchell.com: "Joni did in fact suffer an aneurysm. However, details that have emerged in the past few days are mostly speculative. The truth is that Joni is speaking, and she's speaking well. She is not walking yet, but she will be in the near future as she is undergoing daily therapies. She is resting comfortably in her own home and she's getting better each day. A full recovery is expected." You may leave your well wishes for Joni at WeLoveYouJoni.com

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:42

This is why I hate the media. They reported that Crosby said Joni "lost her ability to speak". That makes me think that Joni had her aneurysm and because of damage to her brain as a result is unable to speak anymore. But Crosby's quote is "she is not speaking yet". Now it seems she just couldn't speak at one point because she's still recovering but now she can. Goddamn media. Get well soon, Joni!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home