Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12
Re: ZIP CODE 2015 Tour Posters
Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 6, 2015 12:14

Some say always store poster flat in proper storage units.

But at least if you paid $50.00-$1000 for a poster you should obtain a heavy duty poster tube to store it in. Poster tubes are all over ebay for $1.00-$10.00. Protect your assets because it is just sad to see a poor poster that was crushed and now has crinkles all across it it, or see a poster that has its edges bashed in.

If the poster is worth keeping, it is worth keeping properly.

If you can, store it flat in archival storage containers but if you are going to store it rolled then at least buy some kraft paper and cut it to extend out 2-3 inches on each side, or the distance wide enough to fit snuggly in your storage tube, then roll the poster in the kraft paper and slide that into the tube. The wide kraft paper takes the abuse and protects the poster edges from getting banged back and forth.

If posters are cool enough to buy 1 then buy at least 2 posters so you can display one and keep one mint.

PS
Never, ever, ever, EVER, NEVER, EVER store posters with stupid rubber bands around them. I would not even suggest using a stupid rubber band for a short period of time on a poster. But if you have to use a rubber band be sure to wrap a piece of paper around the poster first and then wrap the rubber band around the piece of paper. But get that rubber band off the poster as soon as possible. If the poster is worth keeping it is worth keeping it properly.

Recently I opened some mint tubes of posters I bought 10-15 years ago. There was one poster per tube and for some reason they had used rubber bands before putting the posters in the tubes. Have you ever seen a 15 year old rubber band? Not only had the rubber bands shrunk and crinkled 1/8 inch crunches across the entire poster but also the rubber had chemically broken down and was stuck hardened on the paper itself. NEVER use rubber bands on posters.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 6, 2015 16:50

I think the Minneapolis Loon poster is stunning! It's by Arian Buhler, the artist who designed so many great-looking posters for 14 on Fire tour (incl. the Black Swan).

PS Thank you, Relms for all the helpful info!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 16:52 by Plink.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 6, 2015 17:12

I had the presentiment that the Minneapolis Loon and Perth Swan were created by the same artist. I hope RoyalHue is at it again as well, I really liked his efforts.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 6, 2015 19:23

751st
I was hoping they would utilize either the bluebonnet or armadillo.

The armadillo that is in Texas and has made it as far northeast as South Carolina and Indiana is native to Central America. There is no North American native armadillo and the only good armadillo is a dead one!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 6, 2015 21:08

bye bye johnny

>>> LARGER version <<<

A movie poster for Brokeback mountain?

Posted by: LetsWork ()
Date: June 7, 2015 00:15

I bought my poster inside the stadium during the end of the show. It was numbered.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 7, 2015 00:22

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 7, 2015 08:30

Large versions of the Dallas Posters:

Cowboy

Lone Star

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-18 15:20 by Irix.

Date: June 7, 2015 08:39

Plink
I think the Minneapolis Loon poster is stunning! It's by Arian Buhler, the artist who designed so many great-looking posters for 14 on Fire tour (incl. the Black Swan).

PS Thank you, Relms for all the helpful info!

You are welcome. If I can save just one poster from dents and dings and bashes and crunches and rips and tears then it was worth it.

I will also suggest to ALWAYS store your cool posters upstairs. They NEVER belong in the basement and the same goes for books. "If something is worth keeping then it is worth keeping it properly.

Date: June 7, 2015 08:41

LetsWork
I bought my poster inside the stadium during the end of the show. It was numbered.
Nice work! Great show. We watched it on periscope and talked about it on the show thread, it was a lot of fun.

Date: June 7, 2015 19:55

The areas in the Dallas-Cowboy-Poster beside the Cowboy's trousers are btw Chaps: [www.iorr.org] - not a woman, spreading her legs while she's strangled [www.iorr.org] grinning smiley .

Posted by: RoyalHue ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:21

Nikkei
I had the presentiment that the Minneapolis Loon and Perth Swan were created by the same artist. I hope RoyalHue is at it again as well, I really liked his efforts.

I appreciate that very much Nikkei. I am at it for this tour as well, just none of my city specific designs seemed to have been chosen so far. Still a few more opportunities and cities to go though...I was really hoping to land Dallas because that's where I live now. Saw the show last night (my first) and personally became further honored to have my hard work and creativity represent on a small scale such an amazing band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 07:05 by RoyalHue.

Date: June 8, 2015 23:53

Are you okay with sharing your Dallas artwork anyhow?

Here's Atlanta. Isn't that B/W screen in the image from Munich'82?

Date: June 9, 2015 03:28

Cool Georgia Tech poster and the Bee Tongue is cool too. Gotta love the true local flavor.

Date: June 9, 2015 03:35

There is a lot of buzz about this tongue

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 03:38

Cool poster for ATL. Kind of retro looking to me, 70's/80's, but without the loud colors. I think it might be my favorite of the tour so far.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 9, 2015 03:39

RoyalHue
Nikkei

I appreciate that very much Nikkei. I am at it for this tour as well, just none of my city specific designs seemed to have been chosen so far. Still a few more opportunities and cities to go though...I was really hoping to land Dallas because that's where I live now. Saw the show last night (my first) and personally became further honored to have my hard work and creativity represent on a small scale such an amazing band.

I really like your Stones work too.

Not asking for specifics, but has all the artwork been chosen so far? Or do the pick as the tour goes on?

Posted by: LetsWork ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:13

I think that poster stinks.

The others (even as far back as 2014) incorporate local flair into an artistic presentation. This one is just a literal rendering of the stadium with some block letters.

Sweet smog coloring, too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 04:16 by LetsWork.

Posted by: chrisvw ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:21

i am really, really tired of all the sports-themed designs. the art that depicts the culture of the city is so much more appealing!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:32

chrisvw
i am really, really tired of all the sports-themed designs. the art that depicts the culture of the city is so much more appealing!

Likewise..
Don't even get a glance from me.. Like Texas though, I bet we'll see another one released day of show. Like the vintage look/feel of the one above though..

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 9, 2015 07:01

LetsWork
I think that poster stinks.

The others (even as far back as 2014) incorporate local flair into an artistic presentation. This one is just a literal rendering of the stadium with some block letters.

Sweet smog coloring, too.

Not my favorite, but not ugly either.
It reminds me the poster for the show at the Oval in Adelaide
The football team themed stuff is maybe interesting for locals only

Date: June 9, 2015 12:07

At least this first released poster from Atlanta has something very specific to do with the area and actual location of the concert and it seems appropriate that the marching band from the school where the college where the show is being played is marching in the form of the tongue. That works fine. I also like the BOLD "THE ROLLING STONES" blaring at the top, it looks good. The IORR scoreboard is also a nice touch along with the school name on the field. I think the artist did good work on this one and Mick did a good job picking it. I imagine it will sell very very well.

This poster is a lot better than that generic cowboy from the first Dallas poster. Did anyone hear if the "chaps" were OK after the cowboy was done doing whatever he was doing to them?

Score
BUT we
LIKE it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 12:11 by relms.

Date: June 9, 2015 12:20

Nikkei

Here's Atlanta. Isn't that B/W screen in the image from Munich'82?

German Tour-Promoter Fritz Rau brought the Stones 1982 into the Olympic Stadium Munich [www.focus.de] .

[Twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-21 01:00 by Irix.

Date: June 9, 2015 12:40

Can anyone identify the font used for the Atlanta poster above (or something similar)?

Date: June 9, 2015 12:44

The font most similar to it is one Kabel Bold (thanks to RoyalHue) only the dots on the i aren't quite right

Date: June 9, 2015 13:05

Thanks, Nikkei smiling smiley

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 9, 2015 15:45

I hope the Hi-res version will show up soon

Date: June 9, 2015 16:42

Nikkei

I wish I could Nikkei, I'll ask again this year to see if it's ok to show the designs that did't make the cut. If I can't show the finalized designs, maybe I could show initial sketches and inspiration.

Nikkei
Isn't that B/W screen in the image from Munich'82?

You are correct, the digital scoreboard was inspired by Munich 82 smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 16:49 by RoyalHue.

Date: June 9, 2015 16:46

MingSubu
I really like your Stones work too.

Not asking for specifics, but has all the artwork been chosen so far? Or do the pick as the tour goes on?

Thank you MingSubu, I appreciate the compliment.

The poster and shirt designs for each the venues/cities is on going. The general band merch sold throughout the tour and football themes have been chosen prior.

Date: June 9, 2015 16:51

RoyalHue
Nikkei

I wish I could Nikkei, I'll ask again this year to see if it's ok to show the designs that did't make the cut. If I can't show the finalized designs, maybe I could show initial sketches and inspiration.

If they say you can not show the finished posters I would love to see your sketches. I really enoyed your posters that made the final cut and it has very been interesting to read how all of this works. Thank you.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1576
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home