Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12
Re: ZIP CODE 2015 Tour Posters
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 27, 2015 20:25

RoyalHue

Zahner is an engineering and fabrication company with their campus in KC.

And they manufacture .... egg slicer? winking smiley

Of course not - Zahner engineers and manufactures complex forms, facades, interiors and exteriors (architectural metal & glass). Website: [www.azahner.com] .

North Facade of the Zahner Headquarters on 8th and Paseo east of Downtown Kansas City

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: June 27, 2015 23:42

They were selling numbered posters at the Milwaukee show at a stand inside Marcus. I bought 279/400. $50

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 28, 2015 00:08

weinerdog
Aquamarine
Does anybody know the dimensions of the lithos? Are they a standard 18 x 24? I have a coupon for my local framing store, but by the time the poster arrives it will have expired, so I'd like to order the frame now if I can.

Yes, they are 18x24. If you're just getting a standard frame, Michaels or Joann's always has coupons for 40-60% off. My Mpls black frame was around $30 after discounts and looks good to me.

Great, thanks very much! smiling smiley

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: June 28, 2015 02:26

Lousy picture of the wall, but they look good in person smiling smiley

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 30, 2015 08:20

Here's the one for Raleigh
Very nice IMO, awesome idea

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 30, 2015 08:39

The only numbered posters I saw were of the tongue with the team colors. The
Yellow poster with the wavey red tongue was not numbered at least from one I saw
and purchased.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 30, 2015 08:59

Is there a "larger version" like the Kansas City design provided by Bye Bye Johnny? Howlin' Wolf, gotta love it and should make for a nice tee shirt!

Date: June 30, 2015 10:45

Large version:

Artwork concept by Charlotte Watts - [www.Facebook.com] .

[rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com] · [store.interscope.com] · [www.shop.musictoday.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-18 20:30 by Irix.

Date: June 30, 2015 12:58

That would be larger...lol

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:12

I don't like Orlando alligator so much, but this Raleigh wolf is great.
The design in Zip Code tour so far.thumbs up

Date: June 30, 2015 23:32

Better to celebrate to the geography/nature of the region instead of sports teams, especially professional. I'm hoping for something like Niagara Falls maybe for Buffalo but please not the Bills…… thumbs downthumbs downthumbs down

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 1, 2015 06:38

I wonder why the upper part of the 1st line's letters is cropped.
Very visible on the O's and G and S's
This is only happening on Charlotte Watts' designs

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 1, 2015 06:58

Doc
Yes noticed.
Nothing against Charlotte, but a bit amateurish.
With that said, the Raleigh wolf is way better than the Orlando alligator (imo) which is monotone, blotchy, muddled, and cartoonish.
Comparing the two posters, seems like two different artists - perhaps she was given some assistance for Raleigh?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 1, 2015 16:26

I like the alligator too, recognized her work on the wolf, done in a more realistic, serious style.

The shark may still be my favorite of Charlotte's so far.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: jsz1002 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 16:32

Not sure if this is the right section for this question, but are the prices of the merchandise at the show any cheaper than online?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 22:34

jsz1002
Not sure if this is the right section for this question, but are the prices of the merchandise at the show any cheaper than online?

I don't think there is much difference with p & p

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 1, 2015 22:42

Hairball
Doc
Yes noticed.
Nothing against Charlotte, but a bit amateurish.
With that said, the Raleigh wolf is way better than the Orlando alligator (imo) which is monotone, blotchy, muddled, and cartoonish.
Comparing the two posters, seems like two different artists - perhaps she was given some assistance for Raleigh?

It's the style of the font, it's on the second line of lettering too.

As far as the Alligator goes I like it a lot, reminds me of some forms of Japanese art. I think Charlotte is a great artist from what I've seen, no reason to suspect she had help with her design.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: July 2, 2015 00:42

jsz1002
Certain items are cheaper (field jacket was $125 at the show for instance). In fact, some merch was cheaper depending on the stand (Stones flag bandana was either $15 or $20)

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 3, 2015 05:04

Very cool poster, but...

Oops! The Rolling Stones forget to get N.C. State's permission to use the Wolfpack logo

If they’re not careful, The Rolling Stones may soon find themselves under the thumb of N.C. State University: During their ZIP Code Tour appearance tonight at Raleigh’s Carter-Finley Stadium, the Brits who appropriated the blues will sell merchandise featuring the Wolfpack’s familiar “Tuffy" mascot, with the face replaced by John Pasche’s iconic tongue-and-lip logo for the Stones. The goofy wares include a “Go Stones” rally towel, several shirts and a football jersey.

The problem? The Rolling Stones’ merchandising wing, Bravado USA, and the promoter, AEG Live, forgot to get permission from the school.

Gregg Zarnstorff, the university’s director of trademark licensing, says the promoter asked to use a modified version of Tuffy in March to drive ticket sales online and through advertisements. But the deal didn't allow the tongue-and-Tuffy graphic on merchandise, even when AEG Live asked for permission to do exactly that three weeks ago. So yesterday afternoon, university officials were surprised to see their beloved mascot on those towels, Ts and uniforms, especially since they hadn’t been promised a take of the profits. Zarnstorff attributes the error to a miscommunication and says they are retroactively working to secure their cut of the cash.

“AEG Live’s representative acknowledged the mistake and the ‘need to make this right’ with the university,” he says. “The university is working to resolve this amicably with AEG Live and Bravado in a timely manner, but is expected to receive its full trademark royalties (12–14 percent) on any sales with that particular graphic.”

According to Zarnstorff, these royalties support scholarships, endowments and student programs. At press time, an official with The Rolling Stones was not aware of the mistake and was seeking comment from the band’s merchandiser and promoter.

[www.indyweek.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 3, 2015 05:41

Just noticed the poster for Raleigh say artwork concept by Charlotte Watts which is quite a bit different than artwork by Charlotte Watts, so perhaps she did have more than a little help as Hairball suggested.

It would be nice to know the names of the other artist(s) for this great poster.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 3, 2015 07:48

Naturalust
Just noticed the poster for Raleigh say artwork concept by Charlotte Watts which is quite a bit different than artwork by Charlotte Watts, so perhaps she did have more than a little help as Hairball suggested.

thumbs up

Thought the two (gator vs. wolf)looked quite a bit different in quality, style, and rendering.
Nice concept though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 07:49 by Hairball.

Posted by: ede ()
Date: July 3, 2015 10:56

Hello There,
Seeking the Concert Poster 2015 high resolution
In a different thread are all dead links
Can someone help me
thanks

Date: July 3, 2015 11:15

latebloomer

Very cool poster, but...

This problem refers to the sports-based logo of the generic Raleigh merchandise, not the full-moon Poster/T-Shirt: [www.iorr.org] and seems to be 'only' a slight misunderstanding between Bravado and the NC State's Wolfpack, blown up by Indy Week ....

Date: July 3, 2015 11:55

ede

Can someone help me

Later on, patience ....

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 3, 2015 13:05

roryg
jsz1002
Certain items are cheaper (field jacket was $125 at the show for instance). In fact, some merch was cheaper depending on the stand (Stones flag bandana was either $15 or $20)
thumbs up

I would suggest that if a person is really interested in seeing all the cool Stones stuff at the shows to visit EVERY merchandise stand and look over what each booth has. Start on one side and work your way around. Probably get there early and work the parking lot booths and then work the stands inside too, and take a lot of money if you are planning on buying.

Of course a cheap way to do it is just use your camera and take pictures of the cool stuff as you come across it.

I will add there always seems to be one or two items which are totally cool yet very affordable ($5.00-$20.00). Buy 3-4 of those and skip the over-priced crap. It is like an easter egg hunt.

Posted by: MrCrossfire ()
Date: July 3, 2015 20:19

Indianapolis

Posted by: MrCrossfire ()
Date: July 3, 2015 20:21

Also want to give big thanks to Irix and the others for posting these, especially the hi-res ones.

Still hoping for a hi-res of Milwaukee. Hopefully it will show up at some point.

Thanks again!!!

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 20:39

Indy poster is pretty cool.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 3, 2015 20:39

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: July 6, 2015 05:54

It appears the Pittsburgh poster of the tongue with black/yellow team colors sold out before I got around to ordering it (I was sure all the posters would be around throughout the tour)

So, if anyone has extra to sell please contact me. Thx

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home