Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12
Re: ZIP CODE 2015 Tour Posters
Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 12, 2015 17:49

Some other cool posters from Orlando

BIGThanks to Irix who is best at finding and posting these.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-12 18:03 by relms.

Date: June 13, 2015 19:35

FWIW- Most posters are for sale by mail now>>> [rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 15, 2015 16:03

Poster attached to the Nashville song vote. Doubtless there's a less generic
one forthcoming.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: RoyalHue ()
Date: June 15, 2015 18:53

Nikkei
Hey RoyalHue, I now want to submit a Tour Poster, but don't know where to apply?

It doesn't work like that Nikkei, designers are on staff.

Posted by: tomy1 ()
Date: June 15, 2015 22:18

Did anyone buy the Alligator poster from the Orlando show? The one I purchased was numbered 115/600. These seemed to be the most popular posters as I had to go to 5 different vendor booths to find any available. Were all the different city tour stop posters up to this point numbered? The reason I asked is that I noticed the Alligator poster on the RS merchandise web-site for sale - are these also numbered?

Date: June 15, 2015 23:04

tomy1
Did anyone buy the Alligator poster from the Orlando show? The one I purchased was numbered 115/600. These seemed to be the most popular posters as I had to go to 5 different vendor booths to find any available. Were all the different city tour stop posters up to this point numbered? The reason I asked is that I noticed the Alligator poster on the RS merchandise web-site for sale - are these also numbered?
Yes, reports are that all concert posters/lithos have been numbered.

As far as I know only the posters bought at shows are numbered 1-600, but as the delivery date is June 30 (I think) for the web-site posters we wont know for a while, unless someone knows for sure now.

It is great to hear Charlotte Watts' poster sold so well. I did not go to the show, but if I had I would have bought 4 of the numbered alligator posters. I think you made a very wise choice to keep looking and find/purchase your very cool poster. 115? NICE!!

PS
If I am incorrect on any of that info I am sure someone will say so and please do.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 16, 2015 07:46

Here's the Nasville Poster.
Nice, but kinda deja-vu...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 16, 2015 08:15

Doc
Here's the Nasville Poster.
Nice, but kinda deja-vu...

Haha.
Pretty similar with ON FIRE Melbourne.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 16, 2015 09:28

Yup Melbourne but really cool... Irix can you do your magic and provide a larger version please?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 09:32 by Maindefender.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 16, 2015 12:22

RoyalHue
Nikkei
Hey RoyalHue, I now want to submit a Tour Poster, but don't know where to apply?

That's where the trouble is, they're just rehashing. Nashville is the Melbourne Neon's boring edition. Your loss I guess.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 17, 2015 20:50

Large version:

Poster design by Thomas Bongiorno = 'thebongi' (Brooklyn, NYC).

[rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com] · [store.interscope.com] · [www.shop.musictoday.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-18 17:00 by Irix.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 17, 2015 22:16

Irix
Maindefender

Irix can you do your magic and provide a larger version please?

Largest version so far .... smiling smiley

smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 18, 2015 07:39

LIke the Nashville one. The ones for this tour are decent. Nothing as bad as the "infected" tongue from the winery show in Australia last year. Man, that was the worst - did anyone actually buy it?

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 18, 2015 11:56

drbryant
LIke the Nashville one. The ones for this tour are decent. Nothing as bad as the "infected" tongue from the winery show in Australia last year. Man, that was the worst - did anyone actually buy it?

Brussels, Lisbon and Berlin really weren't blessed either.
My faves in Europe were Zurich (both), Vienna, Paris and Rome.
Sadly couldn't afford purchasing them

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 18, 2015 12:06

Nikkei
RoyalHue
Nikkei

That's where the trouble is, they're just rehashing. Nashville is the Melbourne Neon's boring edition. Your loss I guess.

...I think they're always "open for offers"... (not 'up for grabs'; just 'open for offers'...)

Posted by: tomy1 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 16:45

I noticed something weird it looks like the Orlando posters do not have the year (2015) on them - all the others do????

Date: June 18, 2015 19:59

Nikkei
RoyalHue
Nikkei

Think there's been a bit of a misunderstanding here. I don't choose the final designs, the band does. I don't choose the designers working on staff, Bravado does. If anything, you'd be my competition. I'm just a designer so I'm confused how it's my loss. If you want to design posters and tour merch for the Stones get a job at Bravado [www.bravado.com]

I interact on this forum to get closer to fan feedback and answer the questions I can for those interested.

Date: June 18, 2015 20:09

I meant your loss in general to the Bravado staff of designers. And a heads-up that it starts to get repetitive. Charlie Watts Junior was given a go and she received much praise for it too.

Date: June 18, 2015 20:15

RoyalHue
Nikkei
RoyalHue
Nikkei

Think there's been a bit of a misunderstanding here. I don't choose the final designs, the band does. I don't choose the designers working on staff, Bravado does. If anything, you'd be my competition. I'm just a designer so I'm confused how it's my loss. If you want to design posters and tour merch for the Stones get a job at Bravado [www.bravado.com]

I interact on this forum to get closer to fan feedback and answer the questions I can for those interested.

Please stick around, I appreciate the information and insight you have given us and I have enjoyed your designs very much.

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: June 19, 2015 06:06

So is the awesome MPLS Loon poster the first one to sell out on this tour? Can't wait to see how the remaining ones stack up.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 19, 2015 06:18

relms
RoyalHue
Nikkei
RoyalHue
Nikkei

Please stick around, I appreciate the information and insight you have given us and I have enjoyed your designs very much.

I agree it's nice to have you here!

I will say (again) I am getting a bit tired of the tongue...is it a necessary component of every poster? I guess it's the only true identifiable icon of the Stones but I'd love to see someone take a chance and find some truly creative design that wasn't based around a piece of art that was 45 years old.

peace

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 19, 2015 08:38

RoyalHue
Nikkei
RoyalHue
Nikkei

RoyalHue, your artistry and presence is much, much appreciated here!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 19, 2015 08:53

angee
RoyalHue
Nikkei
RoyalHue
Nikkei

RoyalHue, your artistry and presence is much, much appreciated here!

thumbs up

Date: June 19, 2015 13:31

Many thanks for all your comments above. I really do enjoy interacting here, not just because of your feedback and passion, but because I too love the Stones. This forum is the pulse imo of real fans of the band and it's important to me how designs are received.

Date: June 19, 2015 13:51

Naturalust
relms
RoyalHue
Nikkei
RoyalHue
Nikkei

I will say (again) I am getting a bit tired of the tongue...is it a necessary component of every poster? I guess it's the only true identifiable icon of the Stones but I'd love to see someone take a chance and find some truly creative design that wasn't based around a piece of art that was 45 years old.

peace

I appreciate that Naturalust, believe me I totally understand your point about the redundancy of the tongue... imagine my position of trying to incorporate that element into every single design smiling smiley I'll continue to try to expand beyond the tongue, abstract it, or push it's limits in my own designs. It does seem that the only designs chosen are those that incorporate it, so you can understand why it's so prevalent and utilized by all the artists/designers involved. For those fans like yourself who probably have a good amount of band paraphernalia and merch it can look overused, but perhaps the casual fan who probably has only one shirt/poster from their show experience wants or expects the tongue to be involved somehow. It's so recognizable across the world that it creates a bit of a double-edged sword.

Date: June 19, 2015 14:05

How about that one with no tongue

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 19, 2015 17:31

RoyalHue
Naturalust
relms
RoyalHue
Nikkei
RoyalHue
Nikkei

peace

I appreciate that Naturalust, believe me I totally understand your point about the redundancy of the tongue... imagine my position of trying to incorporate that element into every single design smiling smiley I'll continue to try to expand beyond the tongue, abstract it, or push it's limits in my own designs. It does seem that the only designs chosen are those that incorporate it, so you can understand why it's so prevalent and utilized by all the artists/designers involved. For those fans like yourself who probably have a good amount of band paraphernalia and merch it can look overused, but perhaps the casual fan who probably has only one shirt/poster from their show experience wants or expects the tongue to be involved somehow. It's so recognizable across the world that it creates a bit of a double-edged sword.

Thanks for the answer and understanding. That all makes perfect sense. Rather funny that Stones are somewhat tying the artists and designers hands by choosing only tongue designs. True respect for the artist would tend to allow total creative freedom and encourage different elements. But the tongue brand is indeed big business and we've come to appreciate that The Rolling Stones are businessmen above all else. I'd still love to see ONE chosen that is outside the box.

peace

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 19, 2015 18:50

Good discssion on the tongue and the artists!

Maybe that's why some of the posters with the smaller tongues, incorporated into such icons as the alligator often work best for me.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 19, 2015 19:20

I love the alligator with a tongue, brilliant. Naturalust brings up a very good point, but this is what I look for in a gig poster. Which brings back to the dragon in the 1973 poster that is very iconic of course.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 19, 2015 19:28

I love the Nashville neon light poster. Reminds me of a previous one that I think was during the Aussie leg.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home