Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 12
Re: ZIP CODE 2015 Tour Posters
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 3, 2015 17:25

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 3, 2015 17:28

Yeah! Irix you're awesome, rs.com being down won't stop you!

Posted by: LetsWork ()
Date: June 3, 2015 19:52

So far, I'd rank the posters:

1) Minneapolis Loon
2) San Diego
3) Minneapolis Spoonbridge
4) Columbus

In addition to being the least aesthetically striking, Columbus also gets docked points because the RR Hall of Fame isn't even in Columbus; it's in Cleveland, so the concept doesn't make sense.

EDIT: vis a vis the 2014 Lithos, I think the Minneapolis Loon still might be the best, or at least is in the running. I personally like the Brisbane shark, tho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 19:56 by LetsWork.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 3, 2015 21:26

I feel they are finally gaining some momentum after seeing the Minneapolis posters.

Date: June 3, 2015 21:37

MPLS Loon seems to call back to the 1975 Tour:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 21:40 by LetsWork.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 3, 2015 21:40

There's some numbered prints for sale right now, although I don't remember seein' this in San Diego. (pic by cmc)

Date: June 3, 2015 21:45

are they $50 at the venue?

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: June 3, 2015 21:49

Arggh....want a numbered one, but the $70 bundle is decent too. Decisions decisions....

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 3, 2015 21:50

LetsWork
are they $50 at the venue?

Yep, $50.

Posted by: trainarollin ()

Do the on-site merch stands provide tubes or something to put the posters in after you buy one? No joke, some venues do not allow cardboard tubes to be distributed as they could be considered a weapon.

LetsWork

MPLS Loon seems to call back to the 1975 Tour

The MPLS Loon reminds me more on Germany's Airline Lufthansa .... winking smiley

The Lufthansa logo - a stylized crane bird.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 21:55 by Irix.

Date: June 3, 2015 21:53

trainarollin
Do the on-site merch stands provide tubes or something to put the posters in after you buy one? No joke, some venues do not allow cardboard tubes to be distributed as they could be considered a weapon.

I'm debating going down there soon and just bringing mine home. Anyone need me to pick one up? I have a tube I'll bring after I put them in the bag.

Date: June 3, 2015 21:58

People, it looks more like the bird in "Goodbye Blue Sky" than both Lufthansa and TOTA 75.

Date: June 3, 2015 22:45

The templates for the Minneapolis Posters:

'Spoonbridge and Cherry' in the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden

The common Loon

Posted by: portlandphil ()
Date: June 3, 2015 22:59

Great images for Minneapolis. Interesting that they have 2 posters for this show. Does anyone know if there is any difference between the numbered ones for sale at the venue and the ones sold at RS.com ? Wish they had the poster/ t shirt bundle deal at the show in SD.

Date: June 3, 2015 23:09

portlandphil
Great images for Minneapolis. Interesting that they have 2 posters for this show. Does anyone know if there is any difference between the numbered ones for sale at the venue and the ones sold at RS.com ? Wish they had the poster/ t shirt bundle deal at the show in SD.

I just picked up mine - identical to what is on the website except for the numbering.

Unrelated for MPLS show: the Gopher colors look better with the RS logo in person. If that jersey was $25 cheaper I'd have that too.

Date: June 3, 2015 23:21

weinerdog
portlandphil

I just picked up mine - identical to what is on the website except for the numbering.

Unrelated for MPLS show: the Gopher colors look better with the RS logo in person. If that jersey was $25 cheaper I'd have that too.

Do they provide tubes or bags?

Date: June 3, 2015 23:23

LetsWork
weinerdog
portlandphil

Do they provide tubes or bags?

No tubes, but they do have rubber bands and bags, although I had my own tube so I didn't need one.

Date: June 3, 2015 23:26

Hmm...Tough decision. To risk getting it a little wet vs. waiting until July to get it in the mail.

Date: June 3, 2015 23:28

LetsWork
Hmm...Tough decision. To risk getting it a little wet vs. waiting until July to get it in the mail.

If you don't care about the numbering (and I have no idea why I do), I'd do the mail. You're also at the mercy of them rolling it up since the counter on the merch trailer is about 5 feet high.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 6, 2015 00:40

>>> LARGER version <<<

Date: June 6, 2015 00:43

Who called for the Marlboro Man?!? There's been some cowboy jokes already...

Date: June 6, 2015 01:02

Looks pretty good, although how near are cactuses (cacti?) to Dallas? grinning smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 6, 2015 01:32

Cactus TX is about 425 miles from Dallas... ;-)

Date: June 6, 2015 01:42

Better than Columbus one.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 6, 2015 09:08

I was hoping they would utilize either the bluebonnet or armadillo.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 6, 2015 11:14

So far the posters for this tour are lame and boring compared to the excellent work they did in Europe and down under.

A generic cowboy outline for Texas? Are you kidding me? They could have done something spectacular using Jerry's sepectacular stadium, but they do this cowboy outline and some cacti instead?

Some of the Europe posters were amazing last year, like The Northern lights and the train station. And down under the produced the Black swan, the Sydney opera house, the Hanging rock stars and more.

I heard local artist were commissioned for these posters so maybe they chose lame artists this time or maybe Mick simply picked lame submissions, whatever the case, so far besides San Diego these 2015 U.S. tour posters posters are lame.

Even the Fonda theater poster is a just reboot of the album cover in red which someone barfed up in 5 seconds, but still people are paying hundreds for it on ebay. It is not worth that. That Fonda poster will re-sell in a year or two on ebay for $10.00-$20.00. It will not be classic poster and neither will the 2015 Minny, Columbus or Dallas posters.

I hope for some better 2015 posters coming up. If they are not all produced yet maybe they should hire Charlotte Watts to do a couple, she seems to have the talent as seen on her intagrams. [instagram.com]

Date: June 6, 2015 11:19

I take part of it back, I had not seen this loon poster, it is pretty cool, I had only seen the first Columbus poster on the previous page. So maybe we do have some very cool posters coming, I sure hope so.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 6, 2015 11:22

^^ That Minneapolis poster is great, but apart from that I agree the others have been pretty uninspired, and the Dallas one basically has nothing to do with that part of Texas! (Hundreds of miles further west, maybe.)

Date: June 6, 2015 11:37

weinerdog
LetsWork

If you don't care about the numbering (and I have no idea why I do), I'd do the mail. You're also at the mercy of them rolling it up since the counter on the merch trailer is about 5 feet high.

The numbered posters will be proably be worth 2-10X more than non-numbered posters in the future.

For protection I might suggest taking your own poster condom (plastic poster "sleeve", you know the plastic tubing that comes on new posters? Maybe you can borrow one from an existing poster you have) to the show with you if you are planning on buying 3-4 of these numbered posters at the show. The empty plastic sleeves weigh nothing and take up no space at all, but they will protect your asset.

If possible obtain the posters before the show and take them back to your car or room where you still put them in a poster condom for protection.

If the posters for your show are worth buying you should buy 3-4, or at least buy 2 so you can display one and keep one in mint condition. If they suck, skip it and buy the posters when they show up on ebay in a year or two for $10.00-$20.00

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home