Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Mayall/P Green/McVie & M Fleetwood '67 New Release
Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:57

John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers – Live in 1967 CD Coming April 21 from Forty Below Records
Previously Unreleased Live Recordings Feature John Mayall, Peter Green, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood
LOS ANGELES, CA – Forty Below Records announces an April 21 release date for John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers – Live in 1967 (Never Before Heard Live Performances), a very special archival recording of one the best of the Bluesbreakers band lineups, featuring legendary
musicians John Mayall (vocals, keyboards, harmonica), Peter Green (lead guitar), John McVie (bass) and Mick Fleetwood (drums). Distributed by Sony/RED, John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers – Live in 1967 showcases a band that was together for only a scant three months, yet created a lasting legacy, made an immense impact on music and led to the formation of one of the most acclaimed groups of all-time when Green, McVie and Fleetwood left to form Fleetwood Mac.

John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers – Live in 1967 Track Listing
1) All Your Love
2) BrandNewStart
3) Double Trouble
4) Streamline
5) Have You Ever Loved a Woman
6) LookingBack
7) So Many Roads
8) Hi Heel Sneakers
9) I Can’t Quit You Baby
10) The Stumble
11) Someday After Awhile
12) San-Ho-Zay
13) Stormy Monday
For more information, visit www.johnmayall.com and www.fortybelowrecords.com

Re: OT: Mayall/P Green/McVie & M Fleetwood '67 New Release
Posted by: footlooseman ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:02

smokeydusky
John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers – Live in 1967 CD Coming April 21 from Forty Below Records
Previously Unreleased Live Recordings Feature John Mayall, Peter Green, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood
LOS ANGELES, CA – Forty Below Records announces an April 21 release date for John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers – Live in 1967 (Never Before Heard Live Performances), a very special archival recording of one the best of the Bluesbreakers band lineups, featuring legendary
musicians John Mayall (vocals, keyboards, harmonica), Peter Green (lead guitar), John McVie (bass) and Mick Fleetwood (drums). Distributed by Sony/RED, John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers – Live in 1967 showcases a band that was together for only a scant three months, yet created a lasting legacy, made an immense impact on music and led to the formation of one of the most acclaimed groups of all-time when Green, McVie and Fleetwood left to form Fleetwood Mac.

John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers – Live in 1967 Track Listing
1) All Your Love
2) BrandNewStart
3) Double Trouble
4) Streamline
5) Have You Ever Loved a Woman
6) LookingBack
7) So Many Roads
8) Hi Heel Sneakers
9) I Can’t Quit You Baby
10) The Stumble
11) Someday After Awhile
12) San-Ho-Zay
13) Stormy Monday
For more information, visit www.johnmayall.com and www.fortybelowrecords.com

wonder what the SQ is like?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 01:03 by footlooseman.

Date: April 1, 2015 01:42

The Mayall site has more info:

www.johnmayall.com

The genesis of Live in 1967 came about because a staunch fan from Holland, Tom Huissen, was
able to sneak a one channel reel-to-reel tape recorder into five London clubs (including the
famed Marquee) in early 1967 and capture this exciting glimpse into music history. For nearly 50
years these tapes remained unheard until John Mayall acquired them recently and began
restoring them with the technical assistance of Eric Corne of Forty Below Records. “While the
source recording was very rough and the final result is certainly not hi-fidelity, it does succeed in
allowing us to hear how spectacular these performances are,” says Corne.

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 03:46

LOVE Peter Green and the original Fleetwood Mac!! I'll be getting this. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention.

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 03:50 by achilles77.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 1, 2015 13:28

this sounds like a good one !

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: April 1, 2015 19:16

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 19:17 by dimrstone.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: April 1, 2015 19:35

Thanks for posting -What a line up, looking forward to listen to Peter Greens guitar playingsmiling smiley

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 1, 2015 20:32

Thanks for posting this info. Gotta get this one for sure. Thanks again!

Posted by: ash ()
Date: April 1, 2015 22:50

I've been lucky enough to hear all the gigs this is excerpted from. Well worth picking up - it's Peter Green.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: April 2, 2015 05:17

Peter Green - Amen to that!

WHAT a find!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: April 2, 2015 09:31

ash
I've been lucky enough to hear all the gigs this is excerpted from. Well worth picking up - it's Peter Green.

Any idea what other treats Mr. Huissen has?

When I first saw " '67 " I thought they would be Taylor shows.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 2, 2015 09:48

You can hear clips on this page:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

The guitar playing is incredible, as to be expected. Thanks to the original poster. I'm going to get this when it is released.

Date: April 2, 2015 16:30

sanQ
You can hear clips on this page:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

The guitar playing is incredible, as to be expected. Thanks to the original poster. I'm going to get this when it is released.

Wow! It sounds pretty damn good considering the source. They did a nice job cleaning it up. All the instruments are clearly audible. Peter's guitar tone is stellar as usual.

thanks

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 3, 2015 23:14

Peter Green was one if the greats, no doubt about it.
Sadly, another victim of the drug scene. Tragic waste of talent.

Posted by: glen ()
Date: April 4, 2015 22:04

jlowe
Peter Green was one if the greats, no doubt about it.
Sadly, another victim of the drug scene. Tragic waste of talent.

Yeah, he's a bit of a recluse now, living in my old house on sunny Canvey Island.

Date: April 21, 2015 01:35

Got my copy early this Friday and been listening to nothing else. Awesome release! Not much for packaging or liner notes, unfortunately...just a thin cardboard-only flip-open case with some pics and a little background on the recordings. (be careful taking out the cd).

But what an awesome performance. Peter Green is the show IMO. Killer playing and tone.

I'll be listening to this for a while.

JUST GET IT PEOPLE!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-22 00:46 by achilles77.

Date: April 21, 2015 06:31

achilles77
Got my copy early this Friday

There was an earlier Mayall release of live P Green on Essential John Mayall and Exclusive Live Rarities. Are The Stumble and Double Trouble the same on the new release as on the earlier releases?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 21, 2015 21:01

Just noticed John Mayall born in 1933....81 years old!!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 21, 2015 21:36

Listened to it on rhapsody: it is great.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 21, 2015 23:52

Yeah, Nicos,like A. Korner he's always been old. lol

Very nice find!I love the 60's F. Mac as well.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 22, 2015 03:51

Got mine today and it is a great listen for an audience recording from 1967.

Very good quality IMHO and Peter Greens playing is stellar.

As long as your not expecting a SB recording it is a must have.

Date: April 22, 2015 10:13

It's a very exciting release. Peter Green was unquestionably one of the best guitarists of the era, maybe even the finest British guitarist. The Fleetwood Mac Live At The Boston Tea Party 3cd box is an incredible set and pretty much every live recording by the Green/Kirwan line-up is worth hearing and there are many out there.
Exciting news for Green fans is that there should be a book out (maybe later this year) detailing every extant recording involving PG up to his last (uncredited) Fleetwood Mac session. I've helped a little bit with the research and from what i've seen the author has done an excellent job. I think he's just finishing off and then self publishing or getting it published. I'll post here when it's due out.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: April 22, 2015 16:22

If only Mayall wasn't singing!
His awful singing ruined so many great songs.
If JM had hired a great singer to the lineup - and there were some real class acts around that time - the Bluesbreakers' records had been so much better,

Date: April 22, 2015 17:12

I agree Phil, i can't stand Mayall's singing ! Has to be said though, that for a good few years he had that Miles/Zappa ability to spot talent and give it the chance to shine and grow.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: April 22, 2015 17:29

one more vote against John's voice. Lots of good stuff marred IMO by his voice.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 22, 2015 18:08

ash
Exciting news for Green fans is that there should be a book out (maybe later this year) detailing every extant recording involving PG up to his last (uncredited) Fleetwood Mac session. I've helped a little bit with the research and from what i've seen the author has done an excellent job. I think he's just finishing off and then self publishing or getting it published. I'll post here when it's due out.

Please do! I love Hjort's book: Strange Brew.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: April 22, 2015 18:26

ash
... Has to be said though, that for a good few years he had that Miles/Zappa ability to spot talent and give it the chance to shine and grow.

Totally agree.

Date: April 25, 2015 02:23

smokeydusky
There was an earlier Mayall release of live P Green on Essential John Mayall and Exclusive Live Rarities. Are The Stumble and Double Trouble the same on the new release as on the earlier releases?

I can't find any info on either of the releases you mention. Are these bootleg titles?

ash
It's a very exciting release. Peter Green was unquestionably one of the best guitarists of the era, maybe even the finest British guitarist.

Without a doubt THE greatest white blues guitarist EVER! Clapton; step aside!

ash

PLEASE do!! This sounds great.

Date: April 25, 2015 06:17

achilles77
smokeydusky
I can't find any info on either of the releases you mention. Are these bootleg titles?

Disc 5 here:

[www.discogs.com]

Album by itself here:

[itunes.apple.com]

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 25, 2015 08:10

Peter Green was an amazing guitarist, he could sing (sounds like Otis Rush to me), and he wrote great songs. For people that say he never got out of blues, take Man of the World; that went #2 in the UK. Albatross went #1 as an instrumental, are you kidding me? If he had the corporate support in the US at the time he would have killed it.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home