Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Mayall/P Green/McVie & M Fleetwood '67 New Release
Posted by: ash ()
Date: June 8, 2018 09:41

achilles77 beat me to it but I've just received my copies of this book. Well it's actually 3 books.
If you collect the many live recordings of Peter Green 1966-70 in circulation these books are essential. Many of the tapes are in limited circulation so you might be surprised just how much stuff there is out there.

Rich Orlando has produced a great piece of work and the origins of the blues covers played by PGFM / Bluesbreakers etc. are discussed in fascinating detail.
It's a truly superb piece of work and a fine tribute to Peter Green's talents though the other band members, in particular Danny Kirwan and Jeremy Spencer are also written about in tremendous detail.
Well worth picking up and if you're not sure or don't mind not having a physical copy, you can always grab an ebook.

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: May 12, 2019 19:46

I am wondering about the legitimacy of this upcoming release. It says "Fleetwood Mac have given their full approval for the release of these tapes", but is this just another bootleg, and is the stuff on here truly previously unreleased??

Comes out in about 1 month...

Thoughts?

[www.uncut.co.uk]

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-12 19:47 by achilles77.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: May 12, 2019 21:03

Became aware of this release on this site some time ago:

[www.superdeluxeedition.com]

There's a guess as to where the '68 stuff is from in the comments.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: May 13, 2019 10:47

achilles77
I am wondering about the legitimacy of this upcoming release. It says "Fleetwood Mac have given their full approval for the release of these tapes", but is this just another bootleg, and is the stuff on here truly previously unreleased??

Comes out in about 1 month...

Thoughts?

[www.uncut.co.uk]

[www.amazon.com]

Well it is legitimate but the Sony page suggests that these tapes were only recently discovered and "experts" have verified that it is Fleetwood Mac but it is not possible to work out details of when / where the shows took place.
Most Peter Green era fans were able to identify the shows / sources in about 15 seconds unless we are all wrong and in for a major shocker via completely new unheard tapes which does not seem likely.
What p's me off is that as someone working to try and get a number of interesting 50s / 60s "things" released through legitimate sources and with all the correct legal procedures taken care of, if this package was put out on, say, a small independent label they would be leaving themselves open to being sued to within an inch of their life.
Basically, this set appears to consist of the usual mid 68 Carousel shows (edited), bits from 1970 New Orleans Warehouse (edited), the demo tracks are most likely BBC sessions (You Need Love etc..) and the 3 other tracks (Homework etc) are from French TV December 1968. The suggestion that Sony could not identify these sources suggests they can't use youtube and probably need their staff to attend an internet awareness course because they don't seem to know about google etc....
I hope I'm mistaken in my identification of these tracks and will hold my hands up and put my dunce cap on if I am but this set smacks of an attempt by a big record company to get out of paying for their source material and getting rights clearance.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1581
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home