Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick & Keith- WHY?
Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: March 31, 2015 19:44

“We are excited to be back in North America playing stadiums this summer! We are looking forward to being back on stage and playing your favorite songs.” – Mick Jagger

“We love being out on the road and it is great to come back to North America! I can’t wait to get back on the stage!” – Keith Richards

---

THIS is what it has come to? Two old PR puppets. God this is depressing.

Re: Mick & Keith- WHY?
Posted by: MidnightPeanut ()
Date: March 31, 2015 19:55

On with the show, good health to you!

Posted by: sodapop ()
Date: March 31, 2015 19:56

wellalright
“We are excited to be back in North America playing stadiums this summer! We are looking forward to being back on stage and playing your favorite songs.” – Mick Jagger

“We love being out on the road and it is great to come back to North America! I can’t wait to get back on the stage!” – Keith Richards

---

That's all they've ever been really. Except now they don't even try to disguise it.

Date: March 31, 2015 19:58

so sad- and this package they are releasing - come on - what we have all heard 1000 times-- just a zipped up cash grab, i'm sorry-

Date: March 31, 2015 19:59

i hope this thread doesnt get zapped- i understand that this can be a heavy fan-boy/fan-girl enterprise - but i think a little critical discussion of this scheme is worth the time.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 31, 2015 20:00

What's the matter with the boy?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 31, 2015 20:04

wellalright
i hope this thread doesnt get zapped- i understand that this can be a heavy fan-boy/fan-girl enterprise - but i think a little critical discussion of this scheme is worth the time.

alright, then proceed with the discussion.

all you've done is whine about how they've announced the tour. get critical already and say something that we can agree or disagree with.

make it worth the time.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 31, 2015 20:10

It's a living...

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 31, 2015 20:12

treaclefingers
wellalright

alright, then proceed with the discussion.

all you've done is whine about how they've announced the tour. get critical already and say something that we can agree or disagree with.

make it worth the time.

Even this grumpy old man can agree with that! It's gotta have some substance you whiners...

Date: March 31, 2015 20:23

well, does this tour, replete with this trumped up SF release, feel like anything more than a shameless cash grab? look, i love them, have seen them many many times- but this particular run, sans mick taylor, (in a sticky fingers year???) for me feels extra hollow.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: March 31, 2015 20:24

And the dinosaur lumbers on.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 31, 2015 20:25

wellalright

---

Are you new here?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 31, 2015 20:34

Oh..pardon me.. I was looking for the fan site..

Carry on.

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 20:53

If they perform Sticky Fingers in its entirety without addressing the fact that they're not inviting Mick Taylor its a freaking joke. They're trying to get over on us because all the fans in general will presume MT will be there in an expanded role. It's ludicrous for them to perform Sticky Fingers without him and its deceptive advertising if they don't specifically address the MT issue...

Posted by: brianfly3 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 21:02

"Oh..pardon me.. I was looking for the fan site..

Carry on."

Depressing?

Don't go, don't buy it. It's simple.

Myself, along with thousands and thousands of others are thrilled today...and can't wait to buy Sticky Fingers....again.

The problem isn't Mick and Keith..have a look in the mirror.

PS- Mick Taylor is not in the band. It was a thrill and a pleasure to see him last few times but the show must go on.

Date: March 31, 2015 21:06

those mick and keith quotes today were just so sad and pathetic- that's the best they can muster up?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 31, 2015 21:08

brianfly3
"Oh..pardon me.. I was looking for the fan site..

Carry on."

Depressing?

Don't go, don't buy it. It's simple.

Myself, along with thousands and thousands of others are thrilled today...and can't wait to buy Sticky Fingers....again.

The problem isn't Mick and Keith..have a look in the mirror.

PS- Mick Taylor is not in the band. It was a thrill and a pleasure to see him last few times but the show must go on.

fan = someone who agrees with you on everything.

bitcher and whiner = someone who disagrees with you on anything.

I get it. Carry on.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 31, 2015 21:09

Now just tell us please what EXACTLY you don't like?!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 31, 2015 21:10

wellalright
those mick and keith quotes today were just so sad and pathetic- that's the best they can muster up?

is that really all this thread is about, those quotes?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 31, 2015 21:11

ronkeith72
If they perform Sticky Fingers in its entirety without addressing the fact that they're not inviting Mick Taylor its a freaking joke. They're trying to get over on us because all the fans in general will presume MT will be there in an expanded role. It's ludicrous for them to perform Sticky Fingers without him and its deceptive advertising if they don't specifically address the MT issue...
they didn't actually announce that they would perform Sticky Fingers today.

Date: March 31, 2015 21:13

wellalright
so sad- and this package they are releasing - come on - what we have all heard 1000 times-- just a zipped up cash grab, i'm sorry-

Lucky you, who had Roundhouse and Leeds in excellent condition already.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2015 21:14

Not a lot to write home about I agree but what were you expecting them to say? Keith said he likes to be on the road and play on stage, which musician doesn't ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 21:15 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 31, 2015 21:14

wellalright
well, does this tour, replete with this trumped up SF release, feel like anything more than a shameless cash grab? look, i love them, have seen them many many times- but this particular run, sans mick taylor, (in a sticky fingers year???) for me feels extra hollow.

To answer your (first) question: yes.
The cash starts flowing in a lot more when you do two or three shows a city. A tour like this with one show in one city brings them two or three times less money compared to other tours they did before. And when you see the cities you really can't use the words shameless cash grab because you don't just take the money and run like you do in SF, LA, NY etc.

Who promised you this is a Sticky Fingers year?

And get over the MT thing: he quit 40 years ago and was invited back for three years by a bunch of people who didn't have to do that in the first place and/but who were more than happy to do so. And they were more than happy with MT than MT was with the RS if you ask me...

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 31, 2015 21:16

Why? Because they can. What else is there to say?

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: March 31, 2015 21:16

I really couldn't care less if Mick Taylor will be on stage with them playing the potential ''Sticky Fingers Set'' or not.
Taylors soloing on Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Sway in 2013 was not overwhelming so to speak and I think Ronnie can do a just as good job with those songs if not better...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 21:20 by EasterMan.

Date: March 31, 2015 21:18

Dreamer
And get over the MT thing: he quit 40 years ago and was invited back for three years by a bunch of people who didn't have to do that in the first place and/but who were more than happy to do so. And they were more than happy with MT than MT was with the RS if you ask me...

Taylor was happy enough to be "back" to tell Sam Cutler about it, which may have not sounded good to some ears actually, the "back" part...Besides, based on what's been posted by reputable sources here, Taylor didn't turn them down, he got a call from Jagger's lawyer in February informing him he would not be invited.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 21:22 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 31, 2015 21:27

i'm a lonesome fan-boy.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 31, 2015 21:33

EasterMan
I really couldn't care less if Mick Taylor will be on stage with them playing the potential ''Sticky Fingers Set'' or not.
Taylors soloing on Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Sway in 2013 was not overwhelming so to speak and I think Ronnie can do a just as good job with those songs if not better...
you posted this one day too soon

Date: March 31, 2015 21:52

i just never thought the stones would seem this uncool--this lame. those quotes are just laughable- the coolest band in the world - and this is what it comes to.

Date: March 31, 2015 21:59

Well again what did you expect, these guys are 70+, how many "cool" people do you know who are that age? It's easy to think Mick is still 40 when you see him on stage but he's not.

I'm pretty non-plussed about the whole situation, no Taylor, no outtakes, etc...but I lighten up when I think of all the people who'll have a great time at the upcoming shows like I (and hundreds of thousands of others) had at the 2014 shows.

--------------

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home