Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Quebec City QC Canada Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: April 16, 2015 01:23

Agreed this will be a great atmosphrere. The Quebecois LOVE their music and are very enthusiastic. I find it comical to listen to the complaints on having to drive 3, 4, 5 hrs to get to a show. This one will be a 7+hr drive for me and it is the closest venue to me so I consider it an easy drive...comparable to my usual stop in Boston but like pale rider says no border to deal with so bringing the goods is easy! Are there any plans for an IORR meetup? I will be there from Friday through to Thursday so can scout out a good spot for some beers! Although I do recall for Roger Waters we just took a cooler full of beers up to the hill behind the stage and hung out there for the afternoon...that is another great thing with this festival is they let you party it up and have fun. The Stones will totally rock the socks off this field and will be finely tuned after the first 14 shows. Cant wait

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 16, 2015 02:09

LOL...I forgot to mention 'the goods'...but in my antiquated years I'm more of a 'hip flask' type guy now...Crown Royal, of course...

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:41

speaking of flasks, is it pretty easy to get booze in the door? I see the let you bring in all kinds of stuf, but booze, but i'm not sure how they keep booze from getting in when you can bring in a camelback. also, I found it odd that you can bring in a gopro camera.

[www.pinterest.com]

Date: April 16, 2015 06:32

The only festival where they have people bringing u drinks and having access to 20-30 potties right there as well instead of a five mile walk to the concourse

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 16, 2015 15:46

Anyone know anything about the VIP tickets (how to get them?) I may be going with a friend who suffers from MS and he wants it to be easy....I don't see how to order the VIP section

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: April 16, 2015 15:56

little queenie
Anyone know anything about the VIP tickets (how to get them?) I may be going with a friend who suffers from MS and he wants it to be easy....I don't see how to order the VIP section

The front stage zone cards seem to be sold out according to the festival's website.

Date: April 16, 2015 16:00

Does anyone know if the plains will be open the whole day? Can you just walk in in the morning and wait until showtime in the evening or is the whole area fenced off with doors opening at a certain time? I seem to remember having seen that doors open at 7pm but can't find that info anymore.
It doesn't look like other bands will be playing on that stage the same day.

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: April 16, 2015 16:18

BEAUTIFUL VENUE IN QUEBEC CITY...CAPACITY CAN EXCEED WELL OVER 125,000.
ONE OF THE BEST MUSIC FESTIVAL PLUS THE BRACELET GIVES YOU ACCESS TO OVER 300 ARTISTS OVER A PERIOD OF 2 WEEKS!
ANYONE WHO HAS NOT BEEN IN QUEBEC CITY WILL BE PLEASED AND
ENGLISH IS SPOKEN FLUENTLY IN THIS HISTORICAL CAPITAL CITY.
ABOUT 7 HOURS DRIVE FROM NEW BRUSWICK.
smoking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 16, 2015 17:45

ohotos
Does anyone know if the plains will be open the whole day? Can you just walk in in the morning and wait until showtime in the evening or is the whole area fenced off with doors opening at a certain time? I seem to remember having seen that doors open at 7pm but can't find that info anymore.
It doesn't look like other bands will be playing on that stage the same day.

Gates to the venue open at 6PM...
Otherwise I'd be canceling the hotel room I have across the street from it cool smiley

Date: April 16, 2015 23:35

VIPs are indeed sold out but there may be opportunities for accessible seating. I would shoot them an email or post to their facebook page they are pretty good about answering

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: April 17, 2015 00:02

little queenie

For what its worth, check out Map on Page 2 of this thread, posted by erikjjf. It shows (at top of screen) an entrance as well as a section for persons with mobility impairment. This may be easier to access and perhaps less costly than VIP tics.

Date: April 17, 2015 01:18

thanks all! mobility impairment section is a good idea

Date: April 17, 2015 03:26

little queenie
thanks all! mobility impairment section is a good idea
Hope your friend is able to get in without too much trouble and ya both have great views of the show. You likely will be close to bar and food concession judging by erikjjf's map. That's a bonus!!

Date: April 23, 2015 06:10

after several emails back and forth it seems like both VIP and accessible seats need front zone passes....which indeed are sold out and no more will be released on the june 8 date (next release date when the regular GA tix go up a bit in price).

also, i heard just because you have a pass, doesn't guarantee access...anyone else hear or read that?

finally, i can't believe there are no front zone tickets anywhere i can find on 2ndary market sites!

Date: April 23, 2015 15:34

little queenie

also, i heard just because you have a pass, doesn't guarantee access...anyone else hear or read that?

Yes, apparently they can restrict access to the site if it's too full already, for security reasons. This is probably a result of having a single pass for the whole festival, they can't really know for sure how many passholders will show up on a given day.

Date: April 23, 2015 16:23

Check Kijijji under Quebec City there were a few front stage zone passes there available...although not many at all for stones night. Front Zone passes guarantee access into the plains for every show in tat section...GA do not. But its very rare that they turn people away...it seems like it only happened once for MEtallica. If u go GA ensure you go early.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 23, 2015 19:16

How far is the festival site, from the YQB?

Any public transportation/shuttle services/party buses from the airport to the festival?

Thanks in advance. smiling smiley

Posted by: mickyyyy ()
Date: April 29, 2015 15:09

Have only flown into QC once have driven all other times. A few years ago it was i think $35 taxi ride set rate to inside the walls. Stones show is just outside the walls.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 5, 2015 00:26

Anyone receive their tickets (or bands??) yet??

For the amount they charged for international processing I was expecting a mountie to personally deliver to my door... cool smiley

My money is still on this being the show of the tour!

Date: May 21, 2015 00:48

Because of the month long nature of the Quebec Summer Festival during which the Stones play, not sure if its planned there, but any word on featured/opening guests like other spots on Zip Code tour? Any tickets delivered yet?

Posted by: charlesqc ()
Date: May 21, 2015 19:14

Hi , long time lurker here! Got my front stage passes delivered today (I live in QC). You should receive an email with a tracking number inside. As for who might be opening, I've read that the Stones have a veto regarding the act, but won't choose it necessarily.

See you in QC!

Posted by: twotonguekisses ()
Date: May 28, 2015 15:58

Openers: GALAXIE - a Quebec band moved from another spot on the schedule @ 7pm +
The DISTRICTS - USA, age 21 and under, murky indie pop @ 8pm......

Not that I really care, its the Stones I want to see, but The Districts confirm I will be checking out BRIGITTE BOISJOLI @ the HYDRO Stage instead!

Posted by: streamer ()
Date: May 31, 2015 17:18

Still waiting for my bracelets in the mail. Are people receiving theirs yet ?

Les Mots des Stones/Stones' Words CONTEST!
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 27, 2015 15:23

Heads-up especially in Canada!

Toronto's Q107 radio station will be having a contest beginning on 1st June. You can win tickets to Le Festival d'Ete Stones' concert. Three nights accomodation.

Please listen and login to Toronto's Q107 website on Monday. More info there and then.

CE smoking smiley

Source = John Derringer

Re: Les Mots des Stones/Stones' Words CONTEST!
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 27, 2015 16:22

Really wouldn't be fair to enter, since I won their last contest for the Shine A Light press conference in NYC in 2008... but might try to push my luck! grinning smiley

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:32

I saw about that the other day but I thought it had already passed!

I want to enter but unfortunately I work during the week and I'm already asking for time off for something else so there would be no point sad smiley

Tickets for le festival d'ete are relatively reasonable aren't they though?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:37

SomeTorontoGirl
Really wouldn't be fair to enter, since I won their last contest for the Shine A Light press conference in NYC in 2008... but might try to push my luck! grinning smiley

Wow. That's pretty damn cool. Care to share the story with us?

Still wondering about the JustAKissAway contest, seems to have been forgotten somewhat. confused smiley

peace

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:42

The justakissaway thing got cancelled because Matt Clifford couldn't be persuaded to give up his Sam Cutler position.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:46

alieb

Yes. But a three-night stay in beautiful Quebec City costs beaucoup de bucks!grinning smiley

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:47

Cocaine Eyes
alieb

Yes. But a three-night stay in beautiful Quebec City costs beaucoup de bucks!grinning smiley

CE smoking smiley

whoops, totally didn't catch that they cover accomodation. Quebec is a beautiful city, everyone should enter!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home