Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Quebec City QC Canada Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 7, 2015 04:53

MisterDDDD
Much like McCartney's and others appearances, I expect this will be a full set.

I also expect it to be a bit of a hassle for a few reasons, but primarily the crowd. I have a bit of a plan that will mitigate the hassle as much as possible, but don't expect this gem of a show, their last in North America on this tour, to be easy.

Nothing worth it ever is, and man is this going to be worth it.
Despite the hassle(s). winking smiley

On se voit là-bas!!

Are you renting a helicopter?smiling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 7, 2015 22:25

The pre-sale for the Desjardins members (canadian bank) sold out of their allotted 20k seats in 36 minutes today....

Glad they had a limit...

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: April 7, 2015 22:42

Is anyone else planning on buying the Front Zone passes? I am considering purchasing the one that gives you individual passes for each night of the festival for $660. This would hopefully allow you to resell nights you dont want to help offset the higher cost...but will also allow u a semi-guaranteed close spot without lining up at 10am in the morning. Anyone else thinking of this or even just buying the Front Zone pass?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:52

Full Line up revealed today.

[infofestival.com]

Zappa Plays Zappa, Deep Purple, Foo Fighters, Doobie Brothers

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:23

Presale passes are SOLD OUT:

[www.infofestival.com]

Good luck with tickets.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-08 21:25 by Cocaine Eyes.

Date: April 8, 2015 21:39

Yeah.. the pre-sale only released 20k and sold out in 36 minutes...

Tomorrow the other pre-sale starts (the one where I get my passes!!)
Deep Purple,and Foo Fighters might be fun...

Date: April 8, 2015 21:46

Foo Fighters opening for the Stones!!!

Hope they play a little with the Stones..
When Mick played with them on SNL it was amazing.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:53

MisterDDDD

They aren't playing on the same day. The Foo Fighters are the headlining act on July 11th.

Date: April 8, 2015 22:00

erikjjf
MisterDDDD

They aren't playing on the same day. The Foo Fighters are the headlining act on July 11th.

Hilarious..
I have been trying all morning fir the buffalo show and had the 11th on the brain..
Thanks.
And Never Mind... ; )

Posted by: JiminNB ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:24

Scored my tickets - well at least my daughter - she will be flying in from Edmonton while I drive up from the Gornish! The party is starting already!!!! Yes I can get some satisfaction!!!!!!!

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:30

PaintitBlue
Is anyone else planning on buying the Front Zone passes? I am considering purchasing the one that gives you individual passes for each night of the festival for $660. This would hopefully allow you to resell nights you dont want to help offset the higher cost...but will also allow u a semi-guaranteed close spot without lining up at 10am in the morning. Anyone else thinking of this or even just buying the Front Zone pass?

I'm just speculating here - buying the individual front zone passes for each night and selling the ones you don't want might work. But other folks will have the same idea and selling the ones that are less popular might be a challenge especially if you don't live in Quebec City. Selling the pass for Patrick Bruel might be tricky, si vous ne pouvez pas parler Francais.

I'm just going to go for the $550 version.

Date: April 9, 2015 20:45

I'm in as well!!

Scored two gen admission passes in the pre-sale!
Looks like a blast...

Stones 9:30 PM..
Gates at 6.

I like my chances.

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:00

Got a pair of tickets. They were $72 (?) before shipping cost. Took awhile to sort it out online.

Date: April 9, 2015 21:06

bigpond
Got a pair of tickets. They were $72 (?) before shipping cost. Took awhile to sort it out online.
..oops with fees, $78. Excited I was.

Date: April 10, 2015 00:01

MisterDDDD
I'm in as well!!

Scored two gen admission passes in the pre-sale!
Looks like a blast...

Stones 9:30 PM..
Gates at 6.

I like my chances.

I assume 6 PM opening?

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:31

I'm buying my festival ticket tomorrow.

Anyone want to make travel plans from buffalo/toronto to quebec?

bengigan@homtail.com

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 11, 2015 21:26

Bah! Tried for a front zone access card but with no success. Was supposedly number 3500 in the queue when it opened too, but sold out by the time i tried. Did anyone have better luck? Please let me know if anyone hears of other ways to get hold of one of the front zone cards.

Syrel

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: April 11, 2015 21:46

I Lucked out on the front zone access...I refreshed the browser when it struck noon and used two phones to call the toll free and local numbers. Took about maybe 2 minutes to pop on the browser and I was able to select 4 and purchase. Stoked this will be my best chance to get close to the front in 25 yrs of stones shows...and will be able to experience it with my daughters who will go to their first show. We are booked for 6 nights so really looking forward to it...this a week after Fare thee well weekend in Chi town! Hello summer vacay!!

Date: April 11, 2015 22:01

Couldn't get front zone cards. It was not a surprise, only a few hundreds were available. But i'm ok with ga wristband, it will remind me the good ol'time. Cheap tixs, queuing all day, could be fun...

Posted by: JessForte ()
Date: April 11, 2015 22:26

Yup, was queued up 15 mintues before the opening, there right at noon, still no luck with the front zone.

Posted by: JessForte ()
Date: April 11, 2015 22:30

bengigan, I'm going to the show from Buffalo. I'm from Vancouver, do you know the area well?

Date: April 11, 2015 23:12

syrel
Bah! Tried for a front zone access card but with no success. Was supposedly number 3500 in the queue when it opened too, but sold out by the time i tried. Did anyone have better luck? Please let me know if anyone hears of other ways to get hold of one of the front zone cards.

Syrel

Check Ebay and Kijiji the week of the show. There is invariably some that can't make it at the last minute. I've got great concert tickets at cost the last couple of years that way.

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 04:24

I was not able to score Front Stage pass. I got blasted from Festival Été de Québec PR today for scooping them for RS concert announcement. I took their surprise away. Those people don't read the Stones fans and they think as regional, small world. Too bad,that was the gig I was really looking forward. Happy that I got great seats in Milwaukee and Indianapolis.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-12 04:26 by montreal1.

Posted by: lamothem ()
Date: April 12, 2015 18:13

I managed to get a pair of 'Front Stage' passes to the Quebec City show.

Can't wait to see my heroes!!!!

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 12, 2015 21:43

palerider22

Check Ebay and Kijiji the week of the show. There is invariably some that can't make it at the last minute. I've got great concert tickets at cost the last couple of years that way.

Thanks. I've been looking on ebay.ca with no luck, hadn't heard of kijiji.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: April 15, 2015 14:13

QC thread down on the third page? I have to bump this up. Can't believe that there's not much talk on what seems to be the last NA show for now. And the cheapest possibility to get a shot at front row (if you're willing to wait in the heat). Looks like this is far from being sold out so far.

Date: April 15, 2015 16:05

Agree, ohotos.

This, for the reasons you listed and more, will be the concert of the tour.

And,perhaps because of where it sits on the river, it is actually a little cooler in QC than say Detroit or Buffalo in mid-July. Going to be a blast!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: April 15, 2015 16:57

Yeah MisterDDDD, I actually hope that they're going to mix up the setlist a bit for this one. Like Glastonbury because it is a festival setting. Hoping for something like 2000 Light Years from Home or some other gem. I don't even mind if they would play only 18 songs or so as long as they mix it up a bit and rock!

Date: April 15, 2015 19:16

The stage- from their site:

BELL STAGE, PLAINS OF ABRAHAM
The biggest self-standing stage in North America, designed and built in Québec. A stage deck area of 90 x 60 feet, projecting 200,000 watts of sound.The combined surface area of the stage deck and backstage is bigger than a football field.

The Bell Stage has hosted some of the biggest international names out there: Billy Joel, Lady Gaga, Bryan Adams, Stevie Wonder, Bruno Mars, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Metallica, Elton John, Rammstein, The Black Eyed Peas, Plácido Domingo, KISS, Sting, Charles Aznavour…

Capacity : 80 000

Date: April 15, 2015 22:13

This is the one show I'll be attending...it's different from the stadium shows, I agree. Probably won't get a good view but the atmosphere should be excellent. I might take VIA Rail from Toronto and relax and enjoy the trip. The price is right compared to Buffalo and the city is a great euro-style place to spend a couple of days. Going to Buffalo, crossing the border, the expense, value of the Canadian dollar...nahh. Plus I saw them there in '81! The British are coming back to the Plains of Abraham after 250 years...I hope the locals don't mind winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-15 22:20 by palerider22.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home