Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 22
Re: Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 9, 2015 14:12

Thanks for this. Will be my first time in Buffalo. Looking forward to it.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 9, 2015 15:49

Christopher
Having a tough time getting a room for Saturday. Anyone hear of a cancellation or opening please let us know.
Thanks.

Hostel Buffalo-Niagara, 667 Main Street, $30/night. Some very excited fans from Argentina here already.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 9, 2015 16:22

Nice call on the Hostel, Dean. Unlike many I have seen in London, the one in Buffalo seems pretty nice at least from the outside. And good location downtown near a lot of restaurants and bars and on the trolley line.

Date: July 9, 2015 16:44

A bit TOO close to the trolley line and the beep-beep-beep of reversing construction trucks. But otherwise very clean and friendly and sedate and rather empty.

Date: July 9, 2015 18:02

Hey Christopher another parking lot party with us Aussies. You up to 100 shows now?
We are staying at the Hilton Garden give us a shout when you get to town we'll make it Friday sometime.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 9, 2015 18:08

buffalo7478

If you have ANY questions during your stay in Buffalo, or want to connect for the Stones bar/party on Friday night or the tailgate before the show on Saturday....do not hesitate to email me at: [email protected]

Yes, it's a real email! I will respond as quickly as I can.

There is MUCH MUCH more to see and do. But it is late and I am a terrible typist. Hope to meet some of you and enjoy the show on Saturday! Hope this post helps enhance your weekend and did not wear out your eyes with its length!

John

John,
You are the best!
Looking forward to meeting you in Hammer's Lot on Saturday!
cool smiley

Date: July 9, 2015 18:35

Hammers lot sounds good to me! Can we walk to the stadium?
We prefer to park somewhere with partying people.
Last can we grill out? is there a community cooler?

Date: July 9, 2015 19:09

Hi George! I come from a line of McDonnells.

Hammer is across the street to the stadium. Literally steps. You can cook out. I will bring a grill and plan of cooking and you are welcome to use it. No community cooler that I know of but I am happy to bring an extra cooler or two packed with ice. Do McDonnells from your country drink?

Date: July 9, 2015 19:38

We drink Victoria Bitter and yes we drink a lot of it!

Date: July 9, 2015 20:38

I will search for Victoria Bitter here in Orchard Park, but I am guessing you may have to switch to something else! Your best chance to find something Aussie would be at Consumers Beverages or Wegmans if shopping before the show.

I'll be bringing a mix of local brews. Maybe some local vodka.

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: July 9, 2015 20:57

Bjornulf - personally I would go to Windsor in Canada and take the train as far as Mississauga, then get to Buffalo from there

Date: July 9, 2015 21:13

To do Friday (closed at the weekend):

The observation deck on the 28th floor of the wonderfully art deco City Hall. It is free, as the noon tour of the building.

Best not to rent a kayak. The guide said the lakefront will be full of floaters since today's rain will overwhelm the sewerage system.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 9, 2015 21:22

DeanGoodman
Christopher
Having a tough time getting a room for Saturday. Anyone hear of a cancellation or opening please let us know.
Thanks.

Hostel Buffalo-Niagara, 667 Main Street, $30/night. Some very excited fans from Argentina here already.

That's where my friend and I are staying! Are you taking the rally bus?

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: July 9, 2015 21:39

buffalo7478
Hi George! I come from a line of McDonnells.

Hammer is across the street to the stadium. Literally steps. You can cook out. I will bring a grill and plan of cooking and you are welcome to use it. No community cooler that I know of but I am happy to bring an extra cooler or two packed with ice. Do McDonnells from your country drink?

Hey John, It's Tony. Thanks again for being so helpful on the emails. Would it be okay for me to use your grill to cook on? I can bring a cooler with me from Long Island that you put some things in as well George.

Posted by: mickjackett ()
Date: July 9, 2015 21:40

Is Hammer taking reservations for the lot? I want to guarantee a spot because I'll be there with my 72-year-old father (who is not Mick Jagger) and I don't want him to have to walk far. Plus, I don't want to miss out on the IORR party if the lot fills up with casual fans before I get there.

Posted by: dholly ()
Date: July 9, 2015 21:40

Thanks John and Dean for some great 'What's Happening' ideas and the Wx powers that be for the great forcast!

I'll be parking myself and truck camper at Hammer's Lot for some IORR grillin' and chillin' before the show.

See you there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-10 04:19 by dholly.

Date: July 9, 2015 21:41

mickjackett
Is Hammer taking reservations for the lot? I want to guarantee a spot because I'll be there with my 72-year-old father (who is not Mick Jagger) and I don't want him to have to walk far. Plus, I don't want to miss out on the IORR party if the lot fills up with casual fans before I get there.

I have sent him an email to reserve a spot and have not received a reply.

Date: July 9, 2015 21:45

I sure hope the lot doesn't fill up before we get there. We are running behind and hopefully will get there tomorrow afternoon. United messed up our flight yesterday.

Date: July 9, 2015 21:48

Is anyone else stating at the Roadway Inn/Travel Lodge on Niagara Falls Blvd

Date: July 9, 2015 21:51

I think we are going to stay at the Hostel mentioned above. We've been trying to get a room and no luck.

Date: July 9, 2015 21:52

Can't forget the microdistilleries. Black Squirrel, established in February, is launching a new product, Mapleshine, on Saturday 12-7 pm, at their distillery:

[www.blacksquirreldistillery.com]

Date: July 9, 2015 22:05

Alieb I think we are driving so we can park and tailgate.
If you don't want to take the bus I am sure you can join us. We are meeting up with several other IORR's.
Dean, thanks for the tip mate we plan to stay at the Hostel it is very reasonable.

alieb
DeanGoodman
Christopher
Thanks.

Date: July 9, 2015 22:11

georgemcdonnell314
I think we are going to stay at the Hostel mentioned above. We've been trying to get a room and no luck.

better hurry; I think they will be more or less sold out.

Date: July 9, 2015 22:13

DeanGoodman
Can't forget the microdistilleries. Black Squirrel, established in February, is launching a new product, Mapleshine, on Saturday 12-7 pm, at their distillery:

[www.blacksquirreldistillery.com]

PS It is, conveniently, around the corner from Fordham Ave., where the site of President McKinley's assassination is marked with a plaque.

Date: July 9, 2015 22:23

If it's sold out we'll just have to stay in Hammers lot and have an all night party.
DeanGoodman
georgemcdonnell314

better hurry; I think they will be more or less sold out.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 9, 2015 22:41

georgemcdonnell314
Alieb I think we are driving so we can park and tailgate.
If you don't want to take the bus I am sure you can join us. We are meeting up with several other IORR's.
Dean, thanks for the tip mate we plan to stay at the Hostel it is very reasonable.

alieb
DeanGoodman
Christopher
Thanks.

Thanks for the offer George but we have already booked our spots! Maybe we'll see you at the hostel though.smiling smiley

Date: July 9, 2015 23:01

Just got us a room at Homewood suites by Hilton near the Wegmans.
We have a suite with a refrigerator and cooking area.
There was still another room left when I called a few minutes ago.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 9, 2015 23:39

georgemcdonnell314

Thats right where i live. Take Slade to Ridge Road turn right. When you get to Abbott rd 2 lights down turn left. The stadium in on this rd 4 miles down. You will beat all the traffic if you do.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: July 9, 2015 23:40

buffalo7478 you are great !! Thank you very much for all the wonderful things you propose and all the valuable infos you give !!
I'm wondering if anyone from this board rides Shidoobee's bus and then to the party at Danny's South.
I'm flying tomorrow to Buffalo and will be great to meet fellow IORRIANS on Saturday before the show !!

Date: July 10, 2015 00:07

Hot Rocks if I need directions I'll ask you since its on your own turf.
Been to Hammers lot?
georgemcdonnell314

Thats right where i live. Take Slade to Ridge Road turn right. When you get to Abbott rd 2 lights down turn left. The stadium in on this rd 4 miles down. You will beat all the traffic if you do.[/quote]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1512
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home