Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122
Current Page: 22 of 22
Re: Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 11, 2015 15:14

I just went down and had breakfast. The people at the table across from me won tickets at the Lucky Jean store last night they had give away. A couple pairs of tickets were given out, a Fender guitar and a bunch of shirts, buttons and CD's.
Anyone else hear about this? I did not see this posted on here.

Posted by: mickjackett ()
Date: July 11, 2015 15:33

Can any local folks give me some travel advice? I'm coming from Buffalo around 4:30. Am I better off coming from the west by taking 62 to Big Tree Rd, or from the east and taking 219 to Big Tree Rd? I need to get to Abbot Rd from the south, since the north end will be closed by that time. Thanks.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 11, 2015 15:36

bye bye johnny

Mick and Charlie at Darwin Martin House, July 10.

[www.facebook.com]

That is awesome! Nice to see they have a good appreciation for great architecture.

Date: July 11, 2015 15:58

bye bye johnny

Mick and Charlie at Darwin Martin House, July 10.

[www.facebook.com]

Too bad the Henry Hobson Richardson and Olmsted Complex and boutique hotel was not open yet for them to visit. But the grounds are.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 16:24

mickjackett
Can any local folks give me some travel advice? I'm coming from Buffalo around 4:30. Am I better off coming from the west by taking 62 to Big Tree Rd, or from the east and taking 219 to Big Tree Rd? I need to get to Abbot Rd from the south, since the north end will be closed by that time. Thanks.

There will be less traffic coming from the west

Date: July 11, 2015 16:27

relms
jasona93
No lucky dips. Something about them being illegal in NY or Erie County. A guess, but possibly because the state or county doesn't get the same tax on a full retail ticket vs a lucky dip ticket.

Ah, that is interesting. Thanks

Nothing illegal about them here. They were not needed. Show sold well without them

Date: July 11, 2015 16:34

Brstonesfan
stonesfrkk
Naw I think 20 thou it will be wide open everybody will be able to pick and choose
I think they will get more than 20k as most shows have been between 40-48k. Although Buffalo is a weak Stones market, being the last NA show and the fear it mat always be the last, will bring in around 40k which is better than the 30k in 1997.

Dude, you have to give it a rest. Capacity is 51,000 for this show. Look on TM and see if you can find 10,000 seats for sale? It will be a sell out or within a few hundred $$ of it.

The crowd in Buffalo the one and only time the Stones did not sell out here was 40,000. And though not a sell out, a shitload of people from a small market. 40,000 in NY City, Dallas, Houston or LA or Chicago is low, 40,000 in a city of 280,000 people is pretty damn good.

Date: July 11, 2015 16:34

We will arrive in Buffalo circa 7 PM. Will there be adequate parking near the stadium at that late hour?

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 16:45

buffalo7478
Brstonesfan
stonesfrkk
Naw I think 20 thou it will be wide open everybody will be able to pick and choose
I think they will get more than 20k as most shows have been between 40-48k. Although Buffalo is a weak Stones market, being the last NA show and the fear it mat always be the last, will bring in around 40k which is better than the 30k in 1997.

Dude, you have to give it a rest. Capacity is 51,000 for this show. Look on TM and see if you can find 10,000 seats for sale? It will be a sell out or within a few hundred $$ of it.

The crowd in Buffalo the one and only time the Stones did not sell out here was 40,000. And though not a sell out, a shitload of people from a small market. 40,000 in NY City, Dallas, Houston or LA or Chicago is low, 40,000 in a city of 280,000 people is pretty damn good.

All he cares about is attendance figures. He has just brought his tired schtick from another board over to here. He also was known for saying it's over and the Stones would never return to the U.S. Obviously he was wrong. I will be in Buffalo tonight and don't doubt it will be full, just like every other show on this tour.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 11, 2015 16:47

Christopher
I just went down and had breakfast. The people at the table across from me won tickets at the Lucky Jean store last night they had give away. A couple pairs of tickets were given out, a Fender guitar and a bunch of shirts, buttons and CD's.

Yes, the Lucky Brand prize events in various other cities on the tour have had several mentions on this site.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 16:48

Christopher

I went to it as I knew from going to the one in San Diego that they would have one here. It was OK. I didn't win anything though.

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: July 11, 2015 17:04

Any chance they are dropping lucky tickets for the show? Or are there few too seats left that they won't.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 11, 2015 17:32

If you mean lucky dip tickets: It's been explained that they're not legal in New York.

CloudCat asked me to ask if anyone will be wanting to share a taxi from the area of the bus station to the stadium around 6PM
If so please contact her at svh @ indursky dotcom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-11 18:06 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 11, 2015 17:33

To everybody on this board that is going tonight to Buffalo, NY- enjoy the show. And to all the out of towners, welcome to western, NY. If my memory serves me well, this should be my 4th Stones show at the Ralph (formerly Rich Stadium) since 8/75.
Ps- My wife, son and several others are hoping to hit Duff's Famous Wings before concert time. Yum!

Date: July 11, 2015 18:04

Richard from Canada
We will arrive in Buffalo circa 7 PM. Will there be adequate parking near the stadium at that late hour?

Maybe along the outer areas. People will park on their lawns within a few blocks.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: July 11, 2015 18:06

relms
this is not directed at anyone in particular,
it is advice offered to EVERYONE on how to solve seat issues, no big deal.

ANYTIME you go to ANY event ANYWHERE in the States and you go to your assigned seat and there is an issue of ANY kind you MUST ALWAYS go straight guest services and start off very nicely explaining the situation, tell the tale>>> good money, you are hard working, night of having fun, sacrifices, long drives, so excited to see, paid baby sitters, so disappointed, everything is ruined, blah blah yadda yadda yadda... and be sincere... and if you can not be sincere then fake being sincere.

Typically without much fuss they will upgrade you to better seats in 2 seconds and you will be happier than ever. If they do put up a fight and say they cant do anything, STILL BE VERY NICE, but start asking for names of everyone in the area and job titles etc etc.... if that doesnt do the trick, then ask to speak to the person in charge of the people you are talking with.... and keep going up the chain of command until you get satisfaction... and eventually you will get satisfaction.

Dont be mad or huffy or sad or angry or allow any of this to make you start pouting or ruin your night or any of the nonsense... this is a business... this is a game you will win.

Be kind, be polite, do not make threats of any kind and be sure to actually write down names/descriptions of people/job titles and who said and did what at what time. If the dang show starts, write that down too.

Yo ucan actually be delighted when you get to your seats and there is an issue, it means it is upgrade time. Do not be crabby or be a whiner, simply explain that when you pay good money for a good ticketyou expect to get what you paid for. Not only expect it, DEMAND IT, nicely with a smile.

This seat issue nonsense is as old as the hills. We have been getting upgraded for 20-30 years. The venues know they will have problems and they make allowences for it. All one has to do is ask politely and kindly.

Of course once or twice there have been dipshits at dipshit venues who have been dipshits about legit issues and did nothing to help out on the night of the show, so we upgraded ourselves and enjoyed the show anyway (NOTHING RUINS MY CONCERTS) and then after the show, the very next business day morning I was on the phone getting my money back or free tickest to another event and without exception I have been compensated to my satisfaction.

But usually it works great the night of the show. One time we went to a show and had crappy upper level seats on the side and when we got there the band had taken over the seats with some spotlight platforms or something, and the guy up there told us go to guest services and mention the section.... adn we did and they gave us 2nd row on the floor. smiling smiley

I never make up issues or take advantage of the venues, but if they screw up they have to fix it, just like we have to do on our jobs.

Remeber this is all for fun. There is no monsterous hassle, there is no huge problems, it doesnt RUIN THE NIGHT!!! WHA WHA!!!... it is just a short term problem which will be solved. It might take about 10-15 minutes and you will probably be better off because of it.NO YOU WON"T! I got screwed in Milwakee on my pit pass period the B^&$% from the get go had her mind made up and I did not get my seat she had her mind made up from the get go she did not even know there was a pit until the cool security guy pointed it out to her and she was the supervisor but she was 25 he was like 50 and worked that place for 20 plus years. There was nothing he could do because she wanted to throw her weight around and all 300 pounds of it!

HAVE FUN!!!

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: July 11, 2015 18:10

Brstonesfan
stonesfrkk
I agree, I was just being sarcastic everything has been sold out Columbus had 70,000 people I talked to the police after the show and my taxi driver on the way to the airport.

Posted by: mickjackett ()
Date: July 11, 2015 18:25

buffalo7478
mickjackett

There will be less traffic coming from the west

Thanks!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 11, 2015 19:03

Richard from Canada

Yes there should be. Plenty of parking at Erie Community College right across the street.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 19:04

Brstonesfan
stonesfrkk

Still banging the drum on the weak market, eh? We'll show you tonight.

Posted by: rocksoffKR ()
Date: July 11, 2015 20:38

We're an hour and a half away from buffalo with a lot of stones fans on the train from nyc. Looking forward to the nice weather, getting excited after this 8 hr journey. Maybe a dumb question but is hammers lot open to those of us that didn't drive in? I'm still deliberating our pre show plans and didn't want to intrude. Thanks and can't wait to share a beer with yall! Hopefully leaving the holiday inn for the stadium around 5 if anyone else is as well.

Posted by: abeey1842 ()
Date: November 17, 2015 04:09

The Rolling Stones did a lovely job finishing the U.S. part of Zip Code with a show that did justice to the notion that this could be their last U.S. concert for a while (that "last ever" notion is pretty damn tired, isn't it?). Ralph Wilson Stadium was jammed with fans, and to a Wilson newbie like myself the place looks small from the outside (you could not even see the stage from outside the venue), but is deceptively large as much is below ground level. Mick took advantage of being in the home of the football Buffalo Bills, working the Tom Brady shtick once again, saying he was staying in the Tom Brady suite, but "the pillows were deflated". It is somewhat humanizing that Mick does not miss the opportunity to knock Brady, suggesting maybe he's a bit jealous like any other male on the planet (with the possible exception of Eli Manning). They are planning to do the next round in Buffalo NY but this time they promoter want to make sure to arrange a better travel access and accommodation since there was a bit congestion on last concert. These time the promoter of this upcoming concert have arranged the possible transportation with BUF Buffalo Airport Taxi Service, Buffalo Express Taxi, and Buffalo Taxi Cab Service.

Date: November 17, 2015 19:15

abeey1842
The Rolling Stones did a lovely job finishing the U.S. part of Zip Code with a show that did justice to the notion that this could be their last U.S. concert for a while (that "last ever" notion is pretty damn tired, isn't it?). Ralph Wilson Stadium was jammed with fans, and to a Wilson newbie like myself the place looks small from the outside (you could not even see the stage from outside the venue), but is deceptively large as much is below ground level. Mick took advantage of being in the home of the football Buffalo Bills, working the Tom Brady shtick once again, saying he was staying in the Tom Brady suite, but "the pillows were deflated". It is somewhat humanizing that Mick does not miss the opportunity to knock Brady, suggesting maybe he's a bit jealous like any other male on the planet (with the possible exception of Eli Manning). They are planning to do the next round in Buffalo NY but this time they promoter want to make sure to arrange a better travel access and accommodation since there was a bit congestion on last concert. These time the promoter of this upcoming concert have arranged the possible transportation with BUF Buffalo Airport Taxi Service, Buffalo Express Taxi, and Buffalo Taxi Cab Service.

Are you just getting out of the show and back home now?

Posted by: abeey1842 ()
Date: March 23, 2016 20:14

Next time you have consider the Airport Taxi at the Airport for those who fly http://www.buffalo-airporttaxi.com/ this company offers a huge discount on special concert day upto 20% and there is the local Taxi and Airport taxi provider as well which has been the business for decades http://www.buffaloexpresstaxi.com/ I hope this might help in the time transportation needed at large.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122
Current Page: 22 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home