Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 21 of 22
Re: Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 11, 2015 02:50

Naturalust
Ha! Would the swirling colors be in time with the music?

Depends entirely on what you're smoking and your innate sense of rhythm.

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: July 11, 2015 02:53

thanks SomeTG ... dunno but i was just on the phone with TM, and he assures me that if you go on the TM map and check your seat - that the info there is correct - if it doesn't say obstructed, it is in fact, a perfectly good seat...

i asked him about the "moved stage" and he didn't really take me up on it, just said that what is on the website map is accurate...hopefully he knows what he's talking about winking smiley

Date: July 11, 2015 03:01

loochie
thanks SomeTG ... dunno but i was just on the phone with TM, and he assures me that if you go on the TM map and check your seat - that the info there is correct - if it doesn't say obstructed, it is in fact, a perfectly good seat...

i asked him about the "moved stage" and he didn't really take me up on it, just said that what is on the website map is accurate...hopefully he knows what he's talking about winking smiley

Were you talking with the rep who first comes on the phone? That is where you start, and they know nothing. Then you can talk with their manager, then you can talk with customer relations, who will take your complaint. Then they will assign your complaint for investigation. Then, if my experience is any indication, they will close your file and not inform you when the venue tells them , Yeah, we moved the stage. THEN, when your head explodes and you go up one side and down the other of the investigator AND his manager, they will "reach out" to the venue again (gee, but i thought you closed your investigation?) and something may happen. That takes about 3 weeks. But I'm not bitter...

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 03:06

mickjackett
More Hot Rocks
mickjackett
Just saw a post on Twitter for a free Stones tribute band tonight at 10, The Lodge, 79 W Chippewa, Buffalo. Sponsored by Labatt. Giving away tickets and other prizes all night.

[www.thelodgebuffalo.com]

I'll be in a Keith t-shirt.

Go to this instead

[artvoice.com]

Sounds cool, but I'll be back in Port Jefferson on July 17.

Though you would have to drive or use a cab, the Stones happening at The Cove should be fun.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: July 11, 2015 03:38

Song vote up:

Shattered
Respectable
Shes So Cold
Lets Spend The Night Together

Why oh why did I think they'd put up "The Last Time"

Date: July 11, 2015 03:45

Thanks for the heads up, Snoopy. Here's the link: [www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 11, 2015 03:55

I am going for She's So Cold. Lets Spend the Night Together has been played a bunch of times. Maybe Respectable as a second choice I would rather have had Whip Comes Down for a choice instead.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 11, 2015 04:06

Respectable!

Posted by: HammersLot ()
Date: July 11, 2015 04:59

I have answered all email request for parking after a slow start replying Sorry Do not watch local TV station channel 4 at 11 if you do not want to see what I have lined upped.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 11, 2015 05:30

She's So Cold, please Mick.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 11, 2015 05:52

Mick and Charlie were at the Darwin Martin house today.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 11, 2015 06:14

SomeTorontoGirl
loochie

Were you talking with the rep who first comes on the phone? That is where you start, and they know nothing. Then you can talk with their manager, then you can talk with customer relations, who will take your complaint. Then they will assign your complaint for investigation. Then, if my experience is any indication, they will close your file and not inform you when the venue tells them , Yeah, we moved the stage. THEN, when your head explodes and you go up one side and down the other of the investigator AND his manager, they will "reach out" to the venue again (gee, but i thought you closed your investigation?) and something may happen. That takes about 3 weeks. But I'm not bitter...

In other words, whether what any TM rep tells you about anything has any connection with reality is a matter of pure chance. A rep early in the chain, the chance is almost nonexistent that they have a clue.

Date: July 11, 2015 06:42

Rokyfan
In other words, whether what any TM rep tells you about anything has any connection with reality is a matter of pure chance. A rep early in the chain, the chance is almost nonexistent that they have a clue.

That's my take on it. But to be fair to the TM reps, they are working in a call centre somewhere, while layout decisions are being made on the ground, very late in the process, by people affiliated with the promotors and possibly the venue. TM is the agent, if they aren't told, they don't know. They do have a near-monopoly on ticket sales, and could have done a better job initially responding to my situation, but it wasn't of their making. It's hard to be a middleman, and just as hard to deal with a lousy middleman...

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 06:54

Abbott Road is closing at 3:00 PM per the news reports today. Ronnie and Sally also went to Niagara Falls to do the Cave Of The Winds.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 11, 2015 06:56

this is not directed at anyone in particular,
it is advice offered to EVERYONE on how to solve seat issues, no big deal.

ANYTIME you go to ANY event ANYWHERE in the States and you go to your assigned seat and there is an issue of ANY kind you MUST ALWAYS go straight guest services and start off very nicely explaining the situation, tell the tale>>> good money, you are hard working, night of having fun, sacrifices, long drives, so excited to see, paid baby sitters, so disappointed, everything is ruined, blah blah yadda yadda yadda... and be sincere... and if you can not be sincere then fake being sincere.

Typically without much fuss they will upgrade you to better seats in 2 seconds and you will be happier than ever. If they do put up a fight and say they cant do anything, STILL BE VERY NICE, but start asking for names of everyone in the area and job titles etc etc.... if that doesnt do the trick, then ask to speak to the person in charge of the people you are talking with.... and keep going up the chain of command until you get satisfaction... and eventually you will get satisfaction.

Dont be mad or huffy or sad or angry or allow any of this to make you start pouting or ruin your night or any of the nonsense... this is a business... this is a game you will win.

Be kind, be polite, do not make threats of any kind and be sure to actually write down names/descriptions of people/job titles and who said and did what at what time. If the dang show starts, write that down too.

Yo ucan actually be delighted when you get to your seats and there is an issue, it means it is upgrade time. Do not be crabby or be a whiner, simply explain that when you pay good money for a good ticketyou expect to get what you paid for. Not only expect it, DEMAND IT, nicely with a smile.

This seat issue nonsense is as old as the hills. We have been getting upgraded for 20-30 years. The venues know they will have problems and they make allowences for it. All one has to do is ask politely and kindly.

Of course once or twice there have been dipshits at dipshit venues who have been dipshits about legit issues and did nothing to help out on the night of the show, so we upgraded ourselves and enjoyed the show anyway (NOTHING RUINS MY CONCERTS) and then after the show, the very next business day morning I was on the phone getting my money back or free tickest to another event and without exception I have been compensated to my satisfaction.

But usually it works great the night of the show. One time we went to a show and had crappy upper level seats on the side and when we got there the band had taken over the seats with some spotlight platforms or something, and the guy up there told us go to guest services and mention the section.... adn we did and they gave us 2nd row on the floor. smiling smiley

I never make up issues or take advantage of the venues, but if they screw up they have to fix it, just like we have to do on our jobs.

Remeber this is all for fun. There is no monsterous hassle, there is no huge problems, it doesnt RUIN THE NIGHT!!! WHA WHA!!!... it is just a short term problem which will be solved. It might take about 10-15 minutes and you will probably be better off because of it.

HAVE FUN!!!

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: July 11, 2015 07:59

sarahunwin and I are at the Doubletree downtown and looking to share a ride/catch a cab or whatever.........

Any options considered, even tailgating! E-mail sarah at sgcub@comcast.net

Whoo hoo

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 11, 2015 09:10

Looks like a crowd of 40k is expected. Should be no problem upgrading.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: July 11, 2015 09:19

Naw I think 20 thou it will be wide open everybody will be able to pick and choose

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-11 09:21 by stonesfrkk.

Date: July 11, 2015 09:24

Did they ever wind up offering lucky dip tickets to this show?

I thought it ws odd that on the first onsale day this was the only show without lucky dips and I never saw any offered, but I did not watch too closely.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 09:31

No lucky dips. Something about them being illegal in NY or Erie County. A guess, but possibly because the state or county doesn't get the same tax on a full retail ticket vs a lucky dip ticket.

Date: July 11, 2015 09:34

jasona93
No lucky dips. Something about them being illegal in NY or Erie County. A guess, but possibly because the state or county doesn't get the same tax on a full retail ticket vs a lucky dip ticket.

Ah, that is interesting. Thanks

Posted by: HammersLot ()
Date: July 11, 2015 09:42

Amy340
Abbott Road is closing at 3:00 PM per the news reports today. Ronnie and Sally also went to Niagara Falls to do the Cave Of The Winds.
NOT true only blocked in front of the stadium. Use 20a to Abbott to the IORR tailgate

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 10:03

loochie
don't quite understand abt section 131 ... it seems to me that they sold the unobstructed seats there before (presale et. al.), and are now releasing the obstructed seats in the same section...
did someone from ticketmaster actually say that they moved the stage? or is that a theory and people are changing their seats just to be sure. tx !

The stage has been moved forward for several shows from where it was expected to at the time of the initial sale. I noticed that the Pittsburgh stage was 10 yards or so closer to the 50 yard line than the Columbus stage. The stage was also closer to home plate at Cometica than it was on the TM seating chart.

TM reps have no knowledge where the stage is erected. They're in a phone center in West Virginia. If you want to know prior to arriving at the venue - call the stadium and ask. They at least can walk out of the box office and look.

Date: July 11, 2015 10:10

relms

I thought it was odd that on the first onsale day this was the only show without lucky dips and I never saw any offered, but I did not watch too closely.

Lucky Dips have $0.00 printed on them for amount paid and fees. In most states it's illegal to sell a ticket without the price and fees printed on the ticket. Most states don't get around to enforcing their ticket laws. New York does.

I don't know why AEG is treating the Lucky Dips as comps for accounting purposes - but they are. With $0.00 printed on them, TM's audit will record that they received $0.00 for the ticket - not the $29.50 plus fees that was paid for the ticket.

I suspect the reason Lucky a Dips were not sold for Buffalo because printing $0.00 as the ticket price might raise eyebrows in the state attorney's office.

Date: July 11, 2015 10:15

GlimmerGirl24
relms

I thought it was odd that on the first onsale day this was the only show without lucky dips and I never saw any offered, but I did not watch too closely.

Lucky Dips have $0.00 printed on them for amount paid and fees. In most states it's illegal to sell a ticket without the price and fees printed on the ticket. Most states don't get around to enforcing their ticket laws. New York does.

I don't know why AEG is treating the Lucky Dips as comps for accounting purposes - but they are. With $0.00 printed on them, TM's audit will record that they received $0.00 for the ticket - not the $29.50 plus fees that was paid for the ticket.

I suspect the reason Lucky a Dips were not sold for Buffalo because printing $0.00 as the ticket price might raise eyebrows in the state attorney's office.

Thank you for the information. That is interesting. I think the Lucky Dips are such a great idea, for everyone, except for maybe the taxman and the AG.

Have fun at the show tonight, I am very happy you are going. Thank you very much for doing such a great job scoping shows start to finish, you make a lot people very happy.

PS
I enjoyed your extra commentary the other night and congrats on the new job smileys with beer

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 11, 2015 10:41

stonesfrkk
Naw I think 20 thou it will be wide open everybody will be able to pick and choose
I think they will get more than 20k as most shows have been between 40-48k. Although Buffalo is a weak Stones market, being the last NA show and the fear it mat always be the last, will bring in around 40k which is better than the 30k in 1997.

Date: July 11, 2015 12:24

relms
GlimmerGirl24
relms

Thank you for the information. That is interesting. I think the Lucky Dips are such a great idea, for everyone, except for maybe the taxman and the AG.

Have fun at the show tonight, I am very happy you are going. Thank you very much for doing such a great job scoping shows start to finish, you make a lot people very happy.

PS
I enjoyed your extra commentary the other night and congrats on the new job smileys with beer

That job interview was back in law school for a position as a summer law clerk, many moons ago. smiling smiley

Date: July 11, 2015 13:10

GlimmerGirl24
relms
GlimmerGirl24
relms

PS

That job interview was back in law school for a position as a summer law clerk, many moons ago. smiling smiley
Well, I guess my hearing is as good bad listening over the scope as it is listening at a live show winking smiley What I thought I heard was you got a job that paid more for not having to work as much and I liked that for you.

Have Fun and Good Luck tonight!

My dumb computer keeps telling I need to update all sorts of crap, but I aint changing anything yet. Periscope has worked perfectly for me so I aint changing anything until the fireworks go off after Quebec.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-11 13:15 by relms.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 11, 2015 14:48

Mick and Charlie at Darwin Martin House, July 10.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: golfjen2001 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 15:12

Had good time at the Cove last night meet a few great fans Hope to meet more at Hammers Lets make some noise tonight.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 21 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2118
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home