Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 20 of 22
Re: Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 10, 2015 22:21

plqmule
LSTNT
plqmule
They released a huge block in sec 114 and 131 as obstructed view today.
$118.00.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

WOW, thats BS. Those have always been touted as a great section. Now its obstructed view? They must have moved the stage forward to lesson seats on the floor.

Yup, sec 114 row 18 seat 10 is $420.00 and the next seat over seat 11 is $118.00.

Interesting. Some of you may remember the clusterf*ck that related to my seats in Columbus. Exactly perpendicular to front of stage and very obstructed. Fully refunded after an epic duel with TicketBastards. So...once that dust settled, I talked to the Complaints Investigation Manager about moving my seat from Sec 131 in Buffalo, anticipating the same issue. There was nothing better, even though I had bought the ticket in good faith. Ended up moving to 132 and wonder what I'm in for. If they are now selling S 131 as obstructed and, especially if folks are travelling and spending even more money for those seats, there had better be a very pro-active effort to move folks or give hefty refunds. I wonder if my seat in S 132 should have sold at top price. If the stage and musicians can't be seen, it's partially obstructed. And you can't relocate a section or two of people right at show time. Screw it - I'm calling TM now.

Read the sordid details about Columbus here: [www.iorr.org]

Email me if you want any help.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 10, 2015 22:50

SomeTorontoGirl
plqmule
LSTNT
plqmule
They released a huge block in sec 114 and 131 as obstructed view today.
$118.00.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

WOW, thats BS. Those have always been touted as a great section. Now its obstructed view? They must have moved the stage forward to lesson seats on the floor.

Yup, sec 114 row 18 seat 10 is $420.00 and the next seat over seat 11 is $118.00.

Interesting. Some of you may remember the clusterf*ck that related to my seats in Columbus. Exactly perpendicular to front of stage and very obstructed. Fully refunded after an epic duel with TicketBastards. So...once that dust settled, I talked to the Complaints Investigation Manager about moving my seat from Sec 131 in Buffalo, anticipating the same issue. There was nothing better, even though I had bought the ticket in good faith. Ended up moving to 132 and wonder what I'm in for. If they are now selling S 131 as obstructed and, especially if folks are travelling and spending even more money for those seats, there had better be a very pro-active effort to move folks or give hefty refunds. I wonder if my seat in S 132 should have sold at top price. If the stage and musicians can't be seen, it's partially obstructed. And you can't relocate a section or two of people right at show time. Screw it - I'm calling TM now.

Read the sordid details about Columbus here: [www.iorr.org]

Email me if you want any help.

Oh no, not again. I would have thought you would have been avoiding those side view seats like the plague. Not sure I understand though, did TM move you from 131 to 132? I mean after being moved once what exactly are you expecting here, another refund? Anyway, it is interesting to hear what it takes to deal with these kind of issues, I hope you get what you are looking for and agree that all those seats totally side stage should be obstructed view and sold at reduced prices.

I can only recommend that if you don't get resolution ahead of time, you get there early and deal with issue ASAP, while upgrade seats are available and before the show starts. Good Luck dear.

Date: July 10, 2015 22:58

No, looking for an unobstructed seat, dammit! When I saw the Buffalo location in comparison to Columbus, I decided to be pro-active and try to move before the rush, since I was roundly criticized for not doing that during the damn concert in Columbus. But since all the floors were unavailable, the best we could do was move down one section, hoping that the wider angle would mean less obstruction. I try to avoid floor seats, going for the lower side seats, because I'm kinda short and there is always a Big Fat Head in front of me on the floor. That said - Nashville and Pittsburgh floors were pretty good, about 16 rows back. Nothing is showing on the TM map for floors at the moment. Am starting to realize the considerable difference between arena and stadium seating. These seats would have been brilliant in arenas, where I am used to seeing them. Starting to develop a strong loathing for stadium shows! It would be somewhat alleviated if I could get FOS floors. I may have to turn into a pickpocket overnight. Caution to anyone hanging out near me with a good floor seat tomorrow.

*** clarifying - bought Columbus and Buffalo seats at roughly the same time, in similar locations, based on best available maps, so couldn't anticipate what would happen when they moved the stage forward. After Columbus, the writing was on the wall for Buffalo, so liaised with TM to see what could be done. All that could be done was to shove down a section in hopes of a better angle. Nothing available in the floors then, or at the moment, TM guy isn't answering his phone now, so will likely try Guest Services when I get there tomorrow. As my aunt used to say... Ye Gods and little fishes! What a mess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-10 23:24 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 10, 2015 23:46

Just got to my suite this place is nice has a beer refrigerator with nothing in it. Guess I'll have to change that huh.
Anyone have suggestions for a good place to go tonight?
I still have not received a reply from Hammer about parking hopefully he will have a slot reserved for me.
Off to get some brews and a bite to eat.
Suggestions for something to go out and do tonight please.
Thanks everyone.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 10, 2015 23:57

rocksoffKR
Anyone coming in via Amtrak from NYC?

i may do. tomorrow

i am also looking at Trailways leaving at 10:00 tomorrow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-11 04:15 by CloudCat.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 00:01

SomeTorontoGirl
No, looking for an unobstructed seat, dammit! When I saw the Buffalo location in comparison to Columbus, I decided to be pro-active and try to move before the rush, since I was roundly criticized for not doing that during the damn concert in Columbus. But since all the floors were unavailable, the best we could do was move down one section, hoping that the wider angle would mean less obstruction. I try to avoid floor seats, going for the lower side seats, because I'm kinda short and there is always a Big Fat Head in front of me on the floor. That said - Nashville and Pittsburgh floors were pretty good, about 16 rows back. Nothing is showing on the TM map for floors at the moment. Am starting to realize the considerable difference between arena and stadium seating. These seats would have been brilliant in arenas, where I am used to seeing them. Starting to develop a strong loathing for stadium shows! It would be somewhat alleviated if I could get FOS floors. I may have to turn into a pickpocket overnight. Caution to anyone hanging out near me with a good floor seat tomorrow.

*** clarifying - bought Columbus and Buffalo seats at roughly the same time, in similar locations, based on best available maps, so couldn't anticipate what would happen when they moved the stage forward. After Columbus, the writing was on the wall for Buffalo, so liaised with TM to see what could be done. All that could be done was to shove down a section in hopes of a better angle. Nothing available in the floors then, or at the moment, TM guy isn't answering his phone now, so will likely try Guest Services when I get there tomorrow. As my aunt used to say... Ye Gods and little fishes! What a mess.

SomeTorontoGirl - we're in 131-37 next to 132. I saw the ticket drop as well, hard to imagine TM logic where 10 rows below me are obstructed when on the same sightline and our seats originally sold not as such. Though I understand there has to be a line somewhere. Please keep us posted here, I have a party of 8 in that area and may need to be proactive as well. I'm fairly certain the screens and Charlie may not be visible, though front of stage and the platform obviously will. I enjoy raking TM over the coals whenever possible. Also, stop by and smileys with beer

Posted by: taz22 ()

Glad I kept my ticket in section 136. I was looking at section 131 for a price drop. This is bill for the folks who paid 403 for section 131 seats.

Posted by: MingSubu ()

So excited for this concert. Picked up my rental car and supplies. Can't wait till I'm Buffalo bound!!!

Date: July 11, 2015 00:11

jasona93
SomeTorontoGirl - we're in 131-37 next to 132. I saw the ticket drop as well, hard to imagine TM logic where 10 rows below me are obstructed when on the same sightline and our seats originally sold not as such. Though I understand there has to be a line somewhere. Please keep us posted here, I have a party of 8 in that area and may need to be proactive as well. I'm fairly certain the screens and Charlie may not be visible, though front of stage and the platform obviously will. I enjoy raking TM over the coals whenever possible. Also, stop by and smileys with beer

Email me if you want contact info. Otherwise, find me in 132/10 looking all Mountie-like!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 11, 2015 00:45

Looks like we are going to have some decent weather.

[www.weather.com]

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 00:54

My pink battery pack extender is busy charging for Buffalo tomorrow night. Both selenephoenix and I will be Periscoping - so it should be a good night for those of you with focs seating.

I don't have Lucky Dips - but won't know where my $175's are until tomorrow afternoon. With the release of more side stage seats - I could end up there with yucky sound - without a delay tower in front of me. If I'm in a yucky sound spot - if there's time - I'll visit Guest Services. But of course, good sound equals being far from the stage.

Those of you with obstructed side lower decks - get there early - so guest services doesn't offer you back of the stadium. But if you do end up there - you will be stunned with the sound. It is incredible. After three shows there this leg - in a stadium I'd take it over the sides of the lower deck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-11 00:56 by GlimmerGirl24.

Posted by: superchicken ()
Date: July 11, 2015 00:59

Was at Detroit on Wednesday .. I like the sound of $118 in Section 114. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 11, 2015 01:03

News channel 7 is broadcasting from the stadium they just said some campers were lined up since yesterday. Couple of regulars from here made the cut.
They said the same items can be brought into the stadium as a football game.
Abbot road will close at 3:00 they said for those of you going to Hammers Lot. I just spoke to Hammer get there early it will fill up quickly!

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 01:24

superchicken
Was at Detroit on Wednesday .. I like the sound of $118 in Section 114. >grinning smiley<

You would have been blown away in 127.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 11, 2015 01:36

GlimmerGirl24
My pink battery pack extender is busy charging for Buffalo tomorrow night. Both selenephoenix and I will be Periscoping - so it should be a good night for those of you with focs seating.

Thanks a lot! Unfortunately, I won't be able to follow the updates tomorrow night, but I hope to replay it on sunday morning. Have a great concert! smiling smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 11, 2015 01:39

SomeTorontoGirl
No, looking for an unobstructed seat, dammit!

I got you covered, I'll put you on my shoulders for a primo view!cool smiley

Date: July 11, 2015 01:43

The Sicilian
SomeTorontoGirl

Excellent! My turn to be the Big Fat Head for some tall guy behind me! grinning smiley

Posted by: mickjackett ()
Date: July 11, 2015 01:58

Just saw a post on Twitter for a free Stones tribute band tonight at 10, The Lodge, 79 W Chippewa, Buffalo. Sponsored by Labatt. Giving away tickets and other prizes all night.

[www.thelodgebuffalo.com]

I'll be in a Keith t-shirt.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 11, 2015 02:05

mickjackett
Just saw a post on Twitter for a free Stones tribute band tonight at 10, The Lodge, 79 W Chippewa, Buffalo. Sponsored by Labatt. Giving away tickets and other prizes all night.

Go to this instead

[artvoice.com]

Date: July 11, 2015 02:13

mickjackett

That's one way to stand out at a Stones event. grinning smiley

Date: July 11, 2015 02:24

SomeTorontoGirl
The Sicilian
SomeTorontoGirl

Excellent! My turn to be the Big Fat Head for some tall guy behind me! grinning smiley

I'm tempted just to buy you a seat on the floor in the first few rows. But you'd have to periscope the show for us. smoking smiley

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: July 11, 2015 02:26

don't quite understand abt section 131 ... it seems to me that they sold the unobstructed seats there before (presale et. al.), and are now releasing the obstructed seats in the same section...
did someone from ticketmaster actually say that they moved the stage? or is that a theory and people are changing their seats just to be sure. tx !

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 02:35

Christopher
News channel 7 is broadcasting from the stadium they just said some campers were lined up since yesterday. Couple of regulars from here made the cut.
They said the same items can be brought into the stadium as a football game.
Abbot road will close at 3:00 they said for those of you going to Hammers Lot. I just spoke to Hammer get there early it will fill up quickly!

ONCE AGAIN THE ONLY PLACE ABBOTT ROAD CLOSES IS DIRECTLY IN FRONY OF THE STADIUM WHEN THE SCOREBOARD IS. The police do this so people can cross from one side of the street to another without being killed or requiring a pile of cops to serve as crossing guards. Save as every other event at the stadium. It is a maybe 50 yard wide stretch. South of that band, Abbott is open (including where Hammer is) and north of that band it is open.

To get to Hammer's lot take Rt 219 south to Rt 20A exit. At the bottom of the ramp make a LEFT turn onto Rt 20A. Follow 20A to Abbott Road and make a Right onto Abbott Road. Hammer's lot is on your left. Look for a sign that says HAMMER. It is the last lot before you hit official stadium lots, just after a chiropractors office.

Date: July 11, 2015 02:38

loochie
did someone from ticketmaster actually say that they moved the stage? or is that a theory and people are changing their seats just to be sure. tx !

Yes. The TM investigator told me, when he contacted the Columbus venue after my complaint, that the venue rep told him that the stage was moved further forward than planned during set up, resulting in my seat being obstructed. This was not known when the seats went on sale, with the result that the seat map turned out to be incorrect. Looks like a similar scenario unfolding now for Buffalo. Today - now that the stage set-up in underway, suddenly remaining tickets in Sec 131 which looked reasonable are being sold as obstructed.

The piss off? People who bought in the affected sections, at either show, did not have any active offer of relief, either for re-seating (admittedly hard to do for a large number of seats in the affected section in a near sell-out venue) or refund or rebate. If you don't bitch, you get nothing. Lousy treatment for people buying early and paying top price for primo seats, especially if travelling a long way for a gig and paying for hotels, etc. Still grouchy about it, even thought I got a full refund from the venue and TM.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 02:39

Something fun to do tonite. Local television news was publicizing it this week:

As posted earlier on this thread by LadyJane, another poster to this thread, Gary Zoldos will lead his band the Dead Flowers thru a 15 song set of Stones classics, with special guests the Gallows Walkers. Music starts promptly at 8 pm, Stones set no later than 9:30 at The Cove (4701 Transit Road near French Road Depew 716-656-7946) and should run thru 11, so you can get out, have a good time and still be home at a reasonable hour (or you can stay out all night as the bar is one till 4 am!). Great music, nice suburban party bar with an outdoor patio, reasonably priced drinks. There is no cover charge. Instead, the band is asking people to donate what they can to the Food Bank of Western NY...whose mission is to assist some of the salt of the earth who can use some help making ends meet and putting food on the table. Great music, great cause. AND there will be a FREE SHUTTLE to/from some hotels in West Seneca, Depew and Cheektowaga...so no car needed! It should be a great time.

Date: July 11, 2015 02:40

Naturalust
I'm tempted just to buy you a seat on the floor in the first few rows. But you'd have to periscope the show for us. smoking smiley

My periscope is in the shop. I could Kaleidoscope it for ya. And be very grateful for the ticket!

Date: July 11, 2015 02:45

SomeTorontoGirl
mickjackett

That's one way to stand out at a Stones event. grinning smiley

Aw, come on. Ok, one of the new Lucky Brand jeans white Keith t-shirts. No tongue and lips. Better?

Date: July 11, 2015 02:47

SomeTorontoGirl
Naturalust

My periscope is in the shop. I could Kaleidoscope it for ya. And be very grateful for the ticket!

Ha! Would the swirling colors be in time with the music?

Date: July 11, 2015 02:48

mickjackett
Aw, come on. Ok, one of the new Lucky Brand jeans white Keith t-shirts. No tongue and lips. Better?

Gimme a picture and I'll tell ya, but...but...but...how come you're wearing a Keith t-shirt instead of a Mick jacket? winking smiley

Date: July 11, 2015 02:49

More Hot Rocks
mickjackett

Go to this instead

[artvoice.com]

Sounds cool, but I'll be back in Port Jefferson on July 17.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 20 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home