Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 17 of 22
Re: Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 10, 2015 00:27

SomeTorontoGirl
Anyone interested in carpooling from Toronto, please let me know. I don't plan to stay overnight - have tix to the CanAm games the following day. I can be reached at [email protected]

So. I am back from Detroit and have spent much of the day wondering whether to write this post and, if so, whether I have any of the requisite diplomatic skills to do so without starting a complete sh*tstorm. But I feel I have to post this.

Recently, there was a thread about trying to disentangle oneself from attending a concert with a friend whose concert-going behaviour was found to be inappropriate, see below if interested.

[www.iorr.org]

Apropos of that...

When this tour was announced, I posted on several threads, such as this one, offers to provide rides from Toronto to various gigs. Yesterday, I drove some folks to Detroit. I was also going to drive one of them to Buffalo on Saturday but have withdrawn the invitation after the events of the last 24 hours. This person will likely be seeking a ride from others here as a result. I wanted IORRians to be aware of what could happen, and some questions to ask depending upon their comfort zone, before romping off into the unknown with a complete stranger out of some misguided feeling of benevolence.

First understand - attending these shows involved crossing an international border. Usually straight forward, but it does present some issues and, if you are with someone you don't know, there are potential consequences. Yesterday, my car did not have to cross the border as we used the shuttle bus from Windsor to Detroit but for Buffalo, that won't be the case.

My passengers (whom I drove an hour out of my way to pick up) smoked up heavily before leaving Canada, which I don't object to, but secreting the rest of their product on my vehicle while we were gone was not something I appreciated when I learned of this after the concert. I cross the border frequently and, so far, easily. I don't want any dogs sniffing my tires, giving anyone cause to delay me, question me, start disassembling my car, making me late for (or missing) the concert, or giving me ongoing border issues. Am I a crazy bitch for finding this problematic? Should I trust these little twits not to try to pull something like this en route to Buffalo? They seem prepared to put me at risk without my knowledge or consent.

These fellows left the concert completed sh*tfaced on beer, were stumbling, missed our meeting place, were somewhat inarticulate and, since I was sober, very tedious. I got them to the bus, but I would not want to have them in my car for 2+ hours driving from Buffalo to Toronto, including trying to get them across a border. It would cause me endless grief, be a risk I'm not willing to absorb while driving (don't want a drunk in the car while I'm driving the highway at night).

They were late leaving this morning while I waited in the car for a half hour to leave. And we're otherwise disrespectful of my time. Somehow extending them a favour put me at some obligation to THEM. Shortly before dropping them off, I raised the issue of their gas contribution. (Splitting the gas had been discussed earlier, but they didn't raise it after I picked them up.) No - I wasn't looking to profit on this, was prepared to pay for the gas down, and have the two of them pay for the gas back, which is what happened. Then I told the fellow, as nicely as possible, that I will not be driving him to Buffalo. He was polite but looked surprised. Baffled.

(Of yeah - he also wanted to travel light so didn't bring his cell phone. Leaving me no way to message him after the concert in the event we couldn't find each other.)

When I drive people somewhere, I feel a complete sense of responsibility - for my sobriety, having directions to where we are going, for the mechanical fitness of the car, and making sure people are not lost of left behind in a strange place. Others have extended me these courtesies in the past. For me, it is a no-brainer. For these folks - no sense of awareness whatsoever. Doing them a favour was damn hard work.

If you are providing rides, especially cross border, please be more diligent than I was, and make it clear what you will or won't accept, how long you are prepared to wait for them, and under what circumstances you would consider leaving them behind.

*** the concert was excellent!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-10 01:44 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Date: July 10, 2015 00:32

Glad the post above was not about me or any of the IORR fans I hang with.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 10, 2015 00:45

georgemcdonnell314
Hot Rocks if I need directions I'll ask you since its on your own turf.
Been to Hammers lot?
georgemcdonnell314
Just got us a room at Homewood suites by Hilton near the Wegmans.
We have a suite with a refrigerator and cooking area.
There was still another room left when I called a few minutes ago.

Thats right where i live. Take Slade to Ridge Road turn right. When you get to Abbott rd 2 lights down turn left. The stadium in on this rd 4 miles down. You will beat all the traffic if you do.
[/quote]

Just tryng to help you out. geeez what a crab

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: July 10, 2015 00:46

More Hot Rocks
georgemcdonnell314
Been to Hammers lot?
georgemcdonnell314

Thats right where i live. Take Slade to Ridge Road turn right. When you get to Abbott rd 2 lights down turn left. The stadium in on this rd 4 miles down. You will beat all the traffic if you do.

Just tryng to help you out. geeez what a crab[/quote]

Hope he gets locked in his room. Rude person...

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 10, 2015 01:23

SomeTorontoGirl
SomeTorontoGirl
Anyone interested in carpooling from Toronto, please let me know. I don't plan to stay overnight - have tix to the CanAm games the following day. I can be reached at [email protected]

So. I am back from Detroit and have spent much of the day wondering whether to write this post and, if so, whether I have any of the requisite diplomatic skills to do so without starting a complete sh*tstorm. But I feel I have to post this.

Recently, there was a thread about trying to disentangle oneself from attending a concert with a friend whose concert-going behaviour was found to be inappropriate, see below if interested.

[www.iorr.org]

Apropos of that...

When this tour was announced, I posted on several threads, such as this one, offers to provide rides from Toronto to various gigs. Yesterday, I drove some folks to Detroit. I was also going to drive one of them to Buffalo on Saturday but have withdrawn the invitation after the events of the last 24 hours. This person will likely be seeking a ride from others here as a result. I wanted IORRians to be aware of what could happen, and some questions to ask depending upon their comfort zone, before romping off into the unknown with a complete stranger out of some misguided feeling of benevolence.

First understand - attending these shows involved crossing an international border. Usually straight forward, but it does present some issues and, if you are with someone you don't know, there are potential consequences. Yesterday, my car did not have to cross the border as we used the shuttle bus from Windsor to Detroit but for Buffalo, that won't be the case.

My passengers (whom I drove an hour out of my way to pick up) smoked up heavily before leaving Canada, which I don't object to, but secreting the rest of their product on my vehicle while we were gone was not something I appreciated when I learned of this after the concert. I cross the border frequently and, so far, easily. I don't want any dogs sniffing my tires, giving anyone cause to delay me, question me, start disassembling my car, making me late for (or missing) the concert, or giving me ongoing border issues. Am I a crazy bitch for finding this problematic? Should I trust these little twits not to try to pull something like this en route to Buffalo? They seem prepared to put me at risk without my knowledge or consent.

These fellows left the concert completed sh*tfaced on beer, were stumbling, missed our meeting place, were somewhat inarticulate and, since I was sober, very tedious. I got them to the bus, but I would not want to have them in my car for 2+ hours driving from Buffalo to Toronto, including trying to get them across a border. It would cause me endless grief, be a risk I'm not willing to absorb while driving (don't want a drunk in the car while I'm driving the highway at night).

They were late leaving this morning while I waited in the car for a half hour to leave. And we're otherwise disrespectful of my time. Somehow extending them a favour put me at some obligation to THEM. Shortly before dropping them off, I raised the issue of their gas contribution. No - I wasn't looking to profit on this, was prepared to pay for the gas down, and have the two of them pay for the gas back, which is what happened. Then I told the fellow, as nicely as possible, that I will not be driving him to Buffalo. He was polite but looked surprised. Baffled.

(Of yeah - he also wanted to travel light so didn't bring his cell phone. Leaving me no way to message him after the concert in the event we couldn't find each other.)

When I drive people somewhere, I feel a complete sense of responsibility - for my sobriety, having directions to where we are going, for the mechanical fitness of the car, and making sure people are not lost of left behind in a strange place. Others have extended me these courtesies in the past. For me, it is a no-brainer. For these folks - no sense of awareness whatsoever. Doing them a favour was damn hard work.

If you are providing rides, especially cross border, please be more diligent than I was, and make it clear what you will or won't accept, how long you are prepared to wait for them, and under what circumstances you would consider leaving them behind.

*** the concert was excellent!

You are not unreasonable at all-they are. They were obviously disrespectful to you, given that you basically got them to the concert and back. I think that if you are someone who likes to party hard, you should definitely either curtail your behaviour for the night or at least warn the person who is offering to drive you in advance- if they don't mind being the care-taker after the concert then there's no issue there, but obviously 99 percent of people have no patience for that sort of thing.

Posted by: LuvtheJag43 ()
Date: July 10, 2015 01:27

I also am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. How are you planning on getting to and from the concert? Maybe we could meet up at the hotel and possibly even ride together. We could split expenses.

Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: July 10, 2015 01:27

Posted by: LuvtheJag43 ()
Date: July 10, 2015 01:30

My boyfriend and I are looking for a ride to the concert and back. We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. Would love to split expenses with someone!

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 10, 2015 01:56

Ok so it looks like Hammers lot it is since it is off the stadium owned lots. Still trying to find a decent place for Saturday looks like I'll be driving a bit after the concert.
Looking at the merchandise link I am not to thrilled with the selections.
Has anyone compiled a list of all of us attending?

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: July 10, 2015 01:58

i like the sleeved shirt, otherwise, agreed. anyone else taking the rally bus from downtown? no f'in way I can drive out of that place after the show, with all the colors flying around an all spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: LadyJane ()
Date: July 10, 2015 02:00

dimrstone
buffalo7478 you are great !! Thank you very much for all the wonderful things you propose and all the valuable infos you give !!
I'm wondering if anyone from this board rides Shidoobee's bus and then to the party at Danny's South.
I'm flying tomorrow to Buffalo and will be great to meet fellow IORRIANS on Saturday before the show !!

I'll be on the buses from the Hampton to Danny's South.
My "posting home" is Rocks Off but I also post on Shidoobee and now here.
We've got people from Gasland, RO, Shidoobee and IORR on the list.
It's all one big Stonesian dysfunctional family!!!!

Date: July 10, 2015 02:07

I am only dysfunctional during the concert.
dimrstone
buffalo7478 you are great !! Thank you very much for all the wonderful things you propose and all the valuable infos you give !!
I'm wondering if anyone from this board rides Shidoobee's bus and then to the party at Danny's South.
I'm flying tomorrow to Buffalo and will be great to meet fellow IORRIANS on Saturday before the show !!

It's all one big Stonesian dysfunctional family!!!![/quote]

Date: July 10, 2015 02:11

RockinJive
More Hot Rocks
georgemcdonnell314
Been to Hammers lot?
georgemcdonnell314

Just tryng to help you out. geeez what a crab

Hope he gets locked in his room. Rude person...[/quote]

I don't think George is trying to be rude I think that's how Aussies word things.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: July 10, 2015 02:22

LadyJane
dimrstone

Great see you there !!

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: July 10, 2015 02:26

Has anyone fly with JEtBlue ?
What's the deal ? I really can't figure it out.
I'm tryin to check in online for the 4 of us but their system providing seats for only2 !!
I can't change seats and boarding passes printed without seats !!

Date: July 10, 2015 02:32

golfjen2001
HAMMER I'm INTERESTED IN PARKING SPOT WILLING TO PAY WITH PAYPAL HOW DO I RESERVE IT? SENT YOU EMAIL A DAY AGO GOT NO REPONSE YET? THANKS

I received no reply either.

Is the lot booked full or is there still room ??

Anybody know what the other parking options are within a few miles from the stadium ??

Date: July 10, 2015 02:49

golfjen2001
HAMMER I'm INTERESTED IN PARKING SPOT WILLING TO PAY WITH PAYPAL HOW DO I RESERVE IT? SENT YOU EMAIL A DAY AGO GOT NO REPONSE YET? THANKS

Anybody know what the other parking options are within a few miles from the stadium ??[/quote]

I have not received a reply to my email either. I am guessing the lot is already filled up.

Posted by: hobgoblin42 ()
Date: July 10, 2015 02:55

There is a TON of parking around the stadium.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: July 10, 2015 03:00

Christopher
I am only dysfunctional during the concert.
dimrstone

[/quote]

Me too !!! Hampton Inn to Danny's !!!

Date: July 10, 2015 03:09

hobgoblin42
There is a TON of parking around the stadium.

I prefer to be away off the official parking areas if at all possible.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 10, 2015 03:13

SomeTorontoGirl

Totally unacceptable. However, I would never take a stranger across the border under any circumstances, too risky. I have driven to Toronto many times, but with people I know. I do think you are incredibly generous but with good intentions.

But you do make some valid gripes about babysitting people and then running the risk of someone barfing in your vehicle. Things to consider. Though I like the way you think. Very pragmatic. Are you still coming to Buffalo?

Date: July 10, 2015 03:18

"I prefer to be away off the official parking areas if at all possible."

There is a large mall about a mile and 1/2 away. Many of the houses that surround the area turn themselves into mini parking lots cheaper than official parking.

Date: July 10, 2015 03:18

LadyJane
dimrstone

Do you know if Gazza is coming or anyone else from Rocks Off? What is the info on the Shidoobee bus?

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 10, 2015 03:19

rambler44
mickjackett
Is Hammer taking reservations for the lot? I want to guarantee a spot because I'll be there with my 72-year-old father (who is not Mick Jagger) and I don't want him to have to walk far. Plus, I don't want to miss out on the IORR party if the lot fills up with casual fans before I get there.

I have sent him an email to reserve a spot and have not received a reply.

I also emailed him. I am on route to Buffalo now, staying in horses head tonight. I don't have paypal & was gonna pay him the day of the show.

Date: July 10, 2015 03:22

Date: July 10, 2015 03:22

Winning Ugly VXII
golfjen2001

Anybody know what the other parking options are within a few miles from the stadium ??

What is all this Hammer stuff? You can park anywhere in the stadium lots and on peoples lawns around the stadium IF they post a parking option, and it is usually cheap.

Date: July 10, 2015 03:25

Well , I am going to Hammers Lot to meet up. If there are no spaces left I'll park in the official lot and walk on over. I am sure the "unofficial" lots" will be where most of us will be.
I am waiting for a reply before sending $$ paypal.
John says it is reputable so I am going to take his word for it and if he is bringing a grill and coolers it makes it very enticing.

Date: July 10, 2015 03:44

They have arrived!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 10, 2015 03:49

That is cool. That means maybe they will be out on the town tonight. That pic looks like about 6 or 7 pm.

Date: July 10, 2015 03:52

The Sicilian
LadyJane
dimrstone

Do you know if Gazza is coming or anyone else from Rocks Off? What is the info on the Shidoobee bus?

No Gazza; we almost had Voodoo here though.
Several ROer's in town; LJ (yours truly), Sweet Virginia, parmeda, @#$%&, TomL, Maxmeister, Paranoid Android.
Shidoobee buses are full. We've got close to 200 at Danny's South

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 17 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2163
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home