Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 22
Re: Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: July 6, 2015 03:04

CloudCat
RockinJive
CloudCat
fro and to NYC anyone?

anyone at all?

You sure you want to come to western NY?

as Dillenger woulda said, that's where the stones are

OK Come on in!

Date: July 6, 2015 03:24

rocksoffKR
Thanks for the all the good information, hammer. Where is your lot in relation to the stadium, and has an IORR meeting spot been decided? From what I understand the stadium and surrounding areas are not in an urban area (correct me if I am wrong). Would bringing booze on the train be wise to avoid wasting time finding a spot that sells beer? I am trying to minimize travel time to the tailgating/bars/stadium since I'm sure everything will be crowded.

Can you still drink on the train? It might be fun. We used to do this all the time

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 6, 2015 05:06

Buffalo, like Indy, has not sold well in the past and I do not expect Mick to greet the crowd or be overly chatty unless the place fills up....not the horror that was 1997,,,2/3 empty stadium.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 6, 2015 05:44

Brstonesfan
Buffalo, like Indy, has not sold well in the past and I do not expect Mick to greet the crowd or be overly chatty unless the place fills up....not the horror that was 1997,,,2/3 empty stadium.
Well they could sell one more here if there's a direct commute to the stadium from NYC...... I will keep asking till I find a NY or Albany direct.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 06:40

DoomandGloom
Brstonesfan
Well they could sell one more here if there's a direct commute to the stadium from NYC...... I will keep asking till I find a NY or Albany direct.

There isn't one, the stadium is in the suburbs, not reachable by any public transportation.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: July 6, 2015 07:24

I don't know if anyone saw this but there was a big article in the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle today about the Stones Nov 1st 1965 concert at the Rochester War Memorial that was shut down after a few songs by the police. The Police though things were getting out of control. Jagger got into either a pushing match with a cop there or punched him whichever story is true.

Its a legendary Concert in Rochester and there have been many articles about it. Wish I knew how to post it. Today was the first time I ever saw a picture of the Stones on stage at that show.

[www.democratandchronicle.com]

Posted by: golfjen2001 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 16:30

If anyone needs a hotel room I just cancelled my room for Friday an Saturday at the country Inn an Suites in west Seneca 716-259-8520. Still going but my niece is going out of town so I scored her apartment.Would love to meet up with some members at Hammers parking for tailgate party what is the address if there is any space left?

Date: July 6, 2015 16:55

Hammer why don't you google map the parking for us all to see.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 6, 2015 17:24

Brstonesfan

The Stones have sold out every show at Rich Stadium except 97. The 97 shows was not 2/3 empty. It was 4500 seats short of a sell out according to the official boxscores. And there is only about a few hundred seats left for this show.

Posted by: HammersLot ()
Date: July 6, 2015 19:49

Hammers Lot 4155 Abbott Rd Orchard Park NY 14127 is proud to host the IORR Family Tailgate 7-11-15.The lot is located south west of the stadium, a 2-3 minute walk.Lot opens @11am. 2restrooms for gals use only & 2 for guys. Please use Trash barrels. Guard on duty while you r in the show.Please have a sign with IORR on it,show it when you pull in.IORR area on the left. Band across the street plays 1-5 Hammers Lot 3-5 and other stuff?! Parking is $25. I will be setting up a pay pal acct for those who want a guaranted reserved spot. My email Hammer6035@aol.com If you don't have a grill, tailgaters in my lot will share food etc. if you want me to stock pile stuff email me.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 6, 2015 21:20

Can you hold a spot for me to park my car. Driving up from Delaware. thanks

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 6, 2015 21:34

I have heard the show is about sold out. The location draws many fans from the NE
United States.

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 21:51

I am coming from Long Island. But I have family in Saratoga. So going up Friday. then going to buffalo Saturday, coming back to Saratoga on Sunday then back home Monday

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 21:53

Donnebr
Can you hold a spot for me to park my car. Driving up from Delaware. thanks

I would suggest you re-read the note

Date: July 6, 2015 22:00

Hey I am driving from Long Island. Seeing the show solo. driving to see family in Saratoga on Friday and then leaving from Saratoga about 10am. Staying at the Travel Lodge on Niagara Falls Blvd in Amhearst. Will definitely pre-pay for a guaranteed spot. Is your pay pal set up.

Date: July 6, 2015 23:31

Hammer........are we able to hang out an party in your parking lot after the concert?
We Aussies like a good party.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: July 7, 2015 03:31

They is one cheap ticket at $77.50 for the show in section 309 row 25 on ticket master now if anyone is looking for a inexpensive seat.

Posted by: HammersLot ()
Date: July 7, 2015 04:34

georgemcdonnell314
Hammer........are we able to hang out an party in your parking lot after the concert?
We Aussies like a good party.
Sure

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 7, 2015 05:33

Brstonesfan

Capacity is 71,000 at the stadium. It was 80,020 when the Stones played there in 1975, 1978 and 1981. The 1997 show was the first time they came thru Buffalo with $100+ tix and it was not well-received as they also were playing many other close markets like Toronto, Syracuse and Cleveland. I actually had tix for the show and ended up not going as I was stuck late at work.

Capacity for this show, according to Orchard Park Police who are working the show, is about 51,000. There are very limited seats left. All the remaining seats had been priced at $402, and 2 weeks ago some of those started being repriced at $170...I bought 4. There are a few more of those seats around, plus maybe 150 at $402. It is virtually sold out.

The reason for lower capacity than 71,000 is the stage taking up a lot of real estate on the floor, no seats behind the stage, losing seats on the sides of the stadium that are obstructed by the stage, two towers toward the back of the floor that limit seating and obstruct 2 sections of seats opposite the stage...plus in 75/78/81 you could pack people on the floor as all were standing. Now suffering from aches and pains, and wanting an actual seat for $402, the floor has much lower capacity than it once did.

Date: July 7, 2015 05:35

LOAD IN!

As reported by Hammer earlier, I drove by the stadium on my way home tonite and saw the trucks pulling in with parts of the stage. Just a few more days!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 7, 2015 05:56

Is there a bus or train from Detroit to Buffalo?

Flights take six hours via via. This seems to be the shortest still the most complicated part of the tour travel...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 7, 2015 06:23

bv

Flights take six hours via via. This seems to be the shortest still the most complicated part of the tour travel...

Amtrak. Windsor Ontario to Buffalo NY. Good Luck.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: July 7, 2015 06:29

Brstonesfan

What the heck are you talking about?

Date: July 7, 2015 06:30

BV there are many flights on Delta Airlines, generally small commuter planes but it is a 1 hour flight, max. I am on them often. However a one way seat is crazy expensive, running between about $280 and $800.

Train:

Amtrak.com has a one way ticket on July 9 for $140 leave 3:15 pm and arrive 8:40 pm. There are two stations in the Buffalo area. Search the Depew station as there are now trains from Detroit to the Downtown Buffalo station at Exchange St. The Depew station is in a suburb, 10 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from Downtown Buffalo.

Bus:
Greyhound.com as a one way $64 fare leaving at noon on July 9 and arriving in Buffalo at 10:10

Amtrak is much better way to travel than by bus, but unlike Europe, our trains are rarely on-time!

The bus is a long journey because it goes around Lake Erie, thru Cleveland. The much faster way to drive from Detroit to Buffalo is thru Canada. Cross the bridge into Ontario and it is a straight shot east. You could rent a car and make it in 4 hours. It is an easy trip thru Ontario mostly on expressways and very little traffic.

Posted by: BostonLass ()
Date: July 7, 2015 06:33

bv

The most direct is a red-eye (The Lakeshore Limited) out of Chicago. You'd have to take a train to Chicago and change, or take a bus to Toledo and change. Many hours, but couchettes are available for the long overnight leg. [tickets.amtrak.com] DET - BUF "This train's got the disappearing railway blues."

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 7, 2015 06:44

I have plenty of SW points that will take me for free from DET to BUF via CHI or other cities in six hours or so. I may work on the airports so I can get there at no cost, but I thought it would be great to take the train from Cleveland to Buffalo. Then I just need to get to Cleveland. May be I get a car, that would probably be the easy way out. Unless there is a bus from DET to CLE... So close but yet so far...

Bjornulf

Posted by: BostonLass ()
Date: July 7, 2015 07:21

Greyhound has very inexpensive fares for travel from Detroit to Cleveland. No idea how close the bus station is to the train station in Cleveland, though. [greyhound.com]

Date: July 7, 2015 17:37

So Duff's or Anchor Bar for wings??

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 7, 2015 18:22

Get the hint? The boss needs a ride, Mick send him a limo, pick me up on the way.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 7, 2015 19:55

DoomandGloom
Get the hint? The boss needs a ride, Mick send him a limo, pick me up on the way.

i call shotgun!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home