Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 22
Re: Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Darin75 ()
Date: May 16, 2015 06:30

Does anyone know how many tickets there are to this show?

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 16, 2015 06:33

Darin75

As a stadium it holds around 70,000 but obviously with the stage it won't hold as many... maybe 60,000?

Date: May 18, 2015 04:39

Darin75

The header page has it listed as 70K...but it only holds 71K...so 60ish sounds right.

As of two minutes ago from this writing, there were about 4400 tickets on StubHub alone...add the other secondary markets and that should be maybe 10000 tickets left for grabs PLUS the box office...it will be a buyers paradise come July 10!!!

I will score mine in the lot that day...doubt I will spend more that 30 bucks!!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 23, 2015 14:33

The show is close to a sellout from the original sell standpoint. The band must be happy.

I think there were a lot of speculators buying tix in hopes of making a killing on the resale (StubHub) market. I don't think that will happen for this show. This is Buffalo...we are more midwest than higher-rolling East Coast. Few people will spend $1,200 (or $403) on a ticket for themselves.

The resale market (I am guessing) will really be for people that may want to come in from Toronto...though with the Canadian Dollar weakened, those tickets are even more expensive.

Stadium seats 71,000+ for football. Maybe 60,000 for this show. My advice: if you don't have a ticket, hold tight to close to the show and buy one at face value or less.

I was hoping we would get maybe J Geils for an opening in Buffalo as they are doing some touring this Summer. But I saw this week that we will get them playing Buffalo (and for only $12) just not with the Stones.

Date: May 23, 2015 18:20

Buffalo7478 you are totally right. I'm coming down with my friends from Toronto and I paid over 100 dollars Canadian for each of our tickets (the cheapest price point!) and we are seven rows from the back.

Posted by: Darin75 ()
Date: May 24, 2015 06:15

You think they will be tired by the end of the tour? Who's St Paul And The Broken Bones?

BUFFALO SHOW
Posted by: VOODOODENTIST ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:41

I am sure many fans are staying at airport hotels for this show on July 11th
so transportation will be a hassle
Anybody staying at Marriott Towne place Suites @ airport???
if so we should organize a ride to and from the venue?????

Re: BUFFALO SHOW
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:58

I am staying w. My buddy at the townplace Suites by Buffalo airport, and driving to (and mostly FROM) the show is a concern (we like to party). Open to suggestions!

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: May 28, 2015 00:22

There is a thread about Buffalo
[www.iorr.org]

Date: May 28, 2015 05:27

Darin75
You think they will be tired by the end of the tour? Who's St Paul And The Broken Bones?

Should be a fun opener. Soul/R&B.

Tired? 14 dates over 7 weeks in Summer should leave the band, even at their ages, pretty fresh for every gig.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:41

I am at the Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall

107 Anderson Road. Hopefully we can meet up & get public transport to the gig.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:15

Sweet.

I just upgraded from Sect B, Row 32 to Sect E, Row 12 !!!

Date: May 28, 2015 17:55

Donnebr
I am at the Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall

107 Anderson Road. Hopefully we can meet up & get public transport to the gig.

I am at the same hotel.
I would be interested in sharing transportation.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:07

6s7s9s
Sweet.

See you there, I'm in Section E Row 12 seat 3

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:17

buffalo7478

Stadium seats 71,000+ for football. Maybe 60,000 for this show. My advice: if you don't have a ticket, hold tight to close to the show and buy one at face value or less.

I am not sure why people keep acting like there should be less seats for a concert then a Football game. The Stones have played to 80,000 in Buffalo more then once.

Date: May 28, 2015 19:51

LSTNT
6s7s9s
Sweet.

See you there, I'm in Section E Row 12 seat 3

Fabulous. I'm in seat 6.

Posted by: Timetokill ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:19

Going to be staying in downtown Buffalo. Anyone heading to the show passing through or from there? Looking to hitch a ride to the show if at all possible. Can throw in gas money. Deadhead here if that helps winking smiley

Date: May 29, 2015 21:43

Sounds a plan. Can you email me at onecelt70@yahoo.com & we can try & sort something out

Date: May 30, 2015 17:00

stanlove
buffalo7478

I am not sure why people keep acting like there should be less seats for a concert then a Football game. The Stones have played to 80,000 in Buffalo more then once.

That was with packing people on the floor, general admission, smaller stage and when the stadium's seating capacity for football was 80,020 instead of the current 71,000 ish as they got rid of many lower-bowl seats and replaced them with boxes, lost some upper deck seats and replaced beach-like seats in the lower bowl with real fold-down seats. I am a season ticket holder. All the renovations required everyone to pick new season ticket locations when they happened. The floor, with seats and safety barriers and the huge stage means way fewer people on the floor than when I stood on it in 1978 or 81...it was packed.

I don't think 61,000 is very off. Without seats behind- or side-stage they lose 20,000 seats. I don't think the floor, with seats has even close to that many.

But it will be a good crowd nonetheless. If you don't have tickets, VERY nice ones still popping up on Ticketmaster from time to time....ones that must have been held back from presales. Both top tier, but also very nice $120 seats.

Date: May 30, 2015 17:59

SOMETHING COOL (and nice) to do the NIGHT BEFORE THE SHOW: a band called Dead Flowers, comprised of some of Buffalo's best local musicians (and Stones fanatics) will be playing a set of all Stones material at a large suburban bar called THE COVE on Transit Road. In lieu of a cover charge they are only asking for a donation to support the local food bank to help the poor....the salt of the earth.

Suburban location but not far from where many out of town fans may be staying. To make access easier (and safer) for those without cars from out of town, the bar will offer a shuttle bus to/from some area hotels. A pretty cool deal.

Hang with Stones fans, enjoy some live music and for some get a safe ride to/from. Plus with a couple dollars (or Euros, Pesos or Pounds) felp out the food bank. Look for more to be posted soon on this event.

Date: June 1, 2015 03:30

I am looking into what a limo for say 10 people from airport hotels would cost.

Date: June 3, 2015 15:46

LIMO FROM BUFFALO AIRPORT HOTELS To/FROM the show:
I received this email back from one of the Limo Companies in Buffalo - I asked about a 7pm pick up (show starts at 8 with an opening act), at Buffalo airport hotels for 10 people. So figure with Tip would be about $70 pp with the tip. Not cheap, but not too bad, takes the hassle out of driving and beats a DUI! So anybody else wanna ride around in a long black limousine??

We can do a 7pm pick up to and from the concert for $598 plus gratuity.

S&S Online Sales Team
Joseph Spadaro
Office 585-444-6666
www.sslimousine.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 15:56 by DEmerson.

Posted by: LadyJane ()
Date: June 3, 2015 16:07

buffalo7478
SOMETHING COOL (and nice) to do the NIGHT BEFORE THE SHOW: a band called Dead Flowers, comprised of some of Buffalo's best local musicians (and Stones fanatics) will be playing a set of all Stones material at a large suburban bar called THE COVE on Transit Road. In lieu of a cover charge they are only asking for a donation to support the local food bank to help the poor....the salt of the earth.

Suburban location but not far from where many out of town fans may be staying. To make access easier (and safer) for those without cars from out of town, the bar will offer a shuttle bus to/from some area hotels. A pretty cool deal.

Hang with Stones fans, enjoy some live music and for some get a safe ride to/from. Plus with a couple dollars (or Euros, Pesos or Pounds) felp out the food bank. Look for more to be posted soon on this event.

Yes!! Going to be a fun time. Please join us!!!
If you are a Facebooker, there is an Event page with more info:
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 16:10 by LadyJane.

Date: June 3, 2015 19:00

BUMPING this up - really want to know if anyone is interested in sharing a Limo to and from the Townplace Suites @ Buffalo airport. 7pm pick up. $70 per person. Sounds like they are booking fast.

Date: June 3, 2015 21:23

I would definitely be interested. Staying at the Marriott.

Date: June 3, 2015 22:10

DEmerson
BUMPING this up - really want to know if anyone is interested in sharing a Limo to and from the Townplace Suites @ Buffalo airport. 7pm pick up. $70 per person. Sounds like they are booking fast.

You may want to consider heading out earlier than 7 pm. I am guessing traffic will be quite slow, unless there is a tailgating kind of crowd (which I am hoping there will be). I plan on getting there are early as a packing lot will open.

Date: June 3, 2015 22:37

I'm relieved that there's an opening act because I can't see myself getting there on time...

Date: June 3, 2015 23:20

Donnebr - sounds like you at the Marriott Residence Inn at the Galleria? I'm out by the airport, Townplace Suites. The Galleria looks to be on the way though, so that should not be an issue (I will double check).
Anyone else staying near the airport want to chip in for a Limo (need 10 people). My email is dpemerson@verizon.net if interested.

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: June 7, 2015 04:27

Hi Hammer, still space in your parking lot? I'll be coming from Rochester, just for the day. thanks!

Re: Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 ticket for sale
Posted by: loochie ()
Date: June 7, 2015 04:42

i have a Buffalo ticket for sale, i bought it during presale and then found another one i liked better, on the floor...
ticket is section 131 row 6 - it looks like a really good seat! keith's side, pretty close to the stage, on the side but not too far to the side...
i was actually undecided about which ticket to keep, but finally decided on the floor ticket.

asking 423.40, exactly what i paid -

write me at lucylooch@gmail.com or text to 585-694-1155

thanks!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-21 21:14 by loochie.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1983
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home