Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 22
Re: Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 15, 2015 03:09

Hammer is almost directly across the street from the Stadium. Always have enough portable toilets for a tailgate crowd. It is directly adjacent to stadium parking.

For out of owners concerned about security, I have been going to games and concerts at this stadium since the mid-70s. I have accidentally left my car unlocked. I once was in a rush and actually left me car running even! (And no, I wan't drunk at the time, though I would be later). Zero problems.

The good and bad of the venue are that it is out in a decently nice suburb. So crime is not an issue aside from some drunken hooliganism during a football game. But it is not the easiest place to get to using public transport as it is out a bit

Posted by: gje1 ()
Date: April 15, 2015 04:42

Article in the Buffalo news today at the link below. I managed to get a pair of good seats, but its frustrating to see scalpers grabbing so many tickets for re-sale.

Pickings are slim for Rolling Stones Tickets

Posted by: rocksoffKR ()
Date: April 15, 2015 14:30

How is the taxi situation in Buffalo? I am staying in a hotel about 10 miles away from the stadium. I also understand there is no Uber service in Buffalo, which prompted my question (correct me if I'm wrong). After checking in from NYC the day of the show I'm hoping to take a taxi from the hotel to a local bar/tailgating spot with relative ease. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to meeting and partying with yall.

Date: April 15, 2015 16:10

There are the Finger lakes with dozens of wineries and breweries to visit...you can catch a NASCAR race at Watkins Glen...Rochestster has a Six Flags I think...and there is Niagra Falls...the Canadian side is said to be nicer to view the falls ...and it is...but the town is a toilet.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: April 15, 2015 16:26

I am staying at the Residence inn. Hoping to meet up with a few people & see if we can get a cab to the stadium & back. Will try & sort out details closer to the time

Date: April 16, 2015 00:14

rocksoffKR
How is the taxi situation in Buffalo? I am staying in a hotel about 10 miles away from the stadium. I also understand there is no Uber service in Buffalo, which prompted my question (correct me if I'm wrong). After checking in from NYC the day of the show I'm hoping to take a taxi from the hotel to a local bar/tailgating spot with relative ease. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to meeting and partying with yall.

Cabs exist in Buffalo, mostly at the airport and major hotels. Hailing on on the street, like in Manhattan would be a fluke.

I will post some local cab companies numbers. There is usually bus service to the stadium from downtown on game days, and guessing that will be the same for this show. I recall it being something like $10 round trip or less.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: April 16, 2015 02:13

buffalo7478
rocksoffKR

Cabs exist in Buffalo, mostly at the airport and major hotels. Hailing on on the street, like in Manhattan would be a fluke.

I will post some local cab companies numbers. There is usually bus service to the stadium from downtown on game days, and guessing that will be the same for this show. I recall it being something like $10 round trip or less.
like a separate shuttle bus or just an extra public transit bus? From where I'm staying (downtown) it says it takes about an hour to get there by regular public transit so a shuttle would be amazing

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: April 16, 2015 04:46

UndercoverLovingcup
There are the Finger lakes with dozens of wineries and breweries to visit...you can catch a NASCAR race at Watkins Glen...Rochestster has a Six Flags I think...and there is Niagra Falls...the Canadian side is said to be nicer to view the falls ...and it is...but the town is a toilet.
There's plenty of great wineries indeed in the Finger Lakes region, but they're mostly 1-2 hours from downtown Buffalo. Watkins Glen is probably about 2 hours away as well, but I don't think there's anything going on around the time of the gig. The Cup race is usually the first weekend of August. Darien Lake is the Six Flags park and it's about halfway between Rochester and Buffalo; probably about 35 minutes from downtown.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 16, 2015 05:38

if you split at the end of the last tune prior to the encore, you can grab a cab waiting oustide, after that you'll have to call one from one of bars or stores near by

Posted by: shelter ()
Date: April 16, 2015 11:23

Hello everybody, i'm from France and i've booked a room in Downtown Buffalo, i'm searching for the best way to go to the stadium then back to my hotel.
Does anyone know the rallybus compagny (rallybus.net) ? They propose a round trip for 35 $ from the Greyhound station, departure from Downtown at 6.00, departure from the stadium at 0.00 and they need 25 persons to go.
They seem to be specialized in transportation to events like this one... Anybody experienced them ?
Someone talked about special public buses at 10 $, does it operate regularly for the sport games ? Is it hard to get a seat ?
Thanks a lot for any information !!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 17, 2015 14:03

Seems some tickets are dropping and some flex pricing going on.

Date: April 17, 2015 14:47

shelter
Hello everybody, i'm from France and i've booked a room in Downtown Buffalo, i'm searching for the best way to go to the stadium then back to my hotel.
Does anyone know the rallybus compagny (rallybus.net) ? They propose a round trip for 35 $ from the Greyhound station, departure from Downtown at 6.00, departure from the stadium at 0.00 and they need 25 persons to go.
They seem to be specialized in transportation to events like this one... Anybody experienced them ?
Someone talked about special public buses at 10 $, does it operate regularly for the sport games ? Is it hard to get a seat ?
Thanks a lot for any information !!

HI Shelter:

I live in Buffalo, but have not heard of Rally Bus. There is a public transportation authority called NFTA (Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority). Their web address is nota.com

I emailed them saying their are many people traveling in from Europe and beyond for the show and wondering what special transportation they may be offering for the show. They have buses that run past the stadium from downtown every day, but for special events (like football games) they usually run several buses. It is still early and they probably don't have a plan yet, but if I hear back from them I will post a response on this forum.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: April 17, 2015 21:10

Hello everyone, very excited about the Buffalo show. Thank you so much for the pre-show offer, very generous. It would be great to meet up with everyone.

Getting a cab out to the show shouldn't be a problem (I'm guessing). I'm also staying downtown and don't want to worry about driving afterwards. It seems like getting a ride home would be more difficult, with traffic and everyone leaving at the same time.

If there is enough of us, maybe we could hire a ride back to downtown???

Thanks,
Frank

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Date: April 17, 2015 21:49

Thanks to buffalo 7478 for his information research towards NFTA !
As mickjagger1009 says, it could be an option if several of us staying downtown could reserve something for a ride to and from the stadium, but are such services available (Limo ? Some kind of shuttle ?). It's a bit hard to manage this from Europe but if something is possible i would be part of it. Rallybus still unknown ?

Date: April 18, 2015 16:12

I just heard back from our local public transit authority and in their usual wisdom, they are NOT running bus service to/from the stadium the day of the concert. So there is not public mass transit to the show.

Here are some cab/limo options (though the show is 2+ months away and maybe someone will come up with some other option between now and then):

[rallybus.net] (showing nothing for Buffalo yet)

[www.zoladzlimo.com] (used for a trip for 8 to Toronto for a show and they were good)

[buffalolimousine.com] (I have used locally and they were good)

[maclimo.com] (more on the mini bus side)

Cab Service: Other than around some major hotels, the airport and sometimes the party district of Chippewa Street, cabs are rarely floating around waiting to be hailed in Buffalo. For better or worse, especially out in the suburbs where the stadium is, Buffalo is a driving city...and a very easy city to drive around. But for those thinking of arranging cab service to/from the show, here are links to some cab companies that I would recommend arranging in advance and getting a flat rate to/from the stadium so you have no surprises that day:

[libertycab.com]

[www.buffalotaxicabservice.com]

[quakertaxi.com] this is a small company located in the souther suburbs of Buffalo near the stadium that may be better for those staying in hotels in West Seneca, Hamburg or East Aurora.

But if you will be here a few days, and feel confident driving on the right side of the road, Buffalo is pretty easy to drive around. Traffic jams rarely happen (generally only from a rare accident or in the case of this concert, a special event).

A quick check of rental prices on Budget Car Rental (a national chain) for a Ford Focus (seats 4...5 if you squeeze) is $86 for total, picked up Friday at noon and dropped back at the airport Sunday at noon. Plan on paying $25 to pack at the stadium lots, a bit less the further from the stadium you park. All lots are safe to park in. This is a suburban, almost rural area.

Unless the weather is horrible (and though we get loads of snow in the winter, including 6 feet of snow at the stadium in one storm this past November), plan on getting to the stadium early and tailgating. Summers are generally nice. Temps should be in the low to mid 80s. Being located next to the largest fresh-water lakes in the world does make it a little humid at times. Nothing like Florida or anywhere in the southern US,but plan on warmth. Night time temps in the 60s.

Without traffic, time from downtown to the stadium is 20 minutes by car. I would allow much more than that on the day of the concert.

Earlier in the thread was a mention from Hammer of his lot to park in. That would be an easy meeting point for a group. Perhaps a block of spots can be reserved there.

Date: April 18, 2015 21:59

shelter
Thanks to buffalo 7478 for his information research towards NFTA !
As mickjagger1009 says, it could be an option if several of us staying downtown could reserve something for a ride to and from the stadium, but are such services available (Limo ? Some kind of shuttle ?). It's a bit hard to manage this from Europe but if something is possible i would be part of it. Rallybus still unknown ?

I know the folks at RocksOff have 1 or 2 party busses already booked to take them from their hotel to their pre-party then to the show and back to hotel.

That is the cheap way to go...should be about 80 bucks a person for the whole night (tip included)

[www.partybusesbuffalo.com]

Taxi from DT Buffalo to stadium runs about $50 ONE WAY after 20% tip

[www.taxifarefinder.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 22:17 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Date: April 18, 2015 22:24

Powerage5
UndercoverLovingcup
There's plenty of great wineries indeed in the Finger Lakes region, but they're mostly 1-2 hours from downtown Buffalo. Watkins Glen is probably about 2 hours away as well, but I don't think there's anything going on around the time of the gig. The Cup race is usually the first weekend of August. Darien Lake is the Six Flags park and it's about halfway between Rochester and Buffalo; probably about 35 minutes from downtown.

All absolutely correct!

I was stating all that for fols who might be inclined to remain in the area a few days befre/after the show.

Wineries 1-2 hrs...thats how long it will take to get to the stadium from DT and finally park, LOL

Date: April 18, 2015 23:03

Too much effort. Likely going to see Penn and Teller in NYC that day and then Mickey Dolenz at night. Not that Stones, but easier for me.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: April 18, 2015 23:13

[email protected]
Too much effort. Likely going to see Penn and Teller in NYC that day and then Mickey Dolenz at night. Not that Stones, but easier for me.

Really?

Date: April 19, 2015 02:27

Thanks a lot to all of you who propose solutions for transportation (great job buffalo7478 !).
I'll try to contact quakertaxi, they mention concerts and limos (for groups ?) on their internet page.
I'll post information as soon as i get it.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 19, 2015 06:51

2 Extra Tix at Cost - Section 313 Row 13 - Great Side View for Price $121.51 each (cost)

****TICKETS SOLD****

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-20 06:05 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: April 20, 2015 18:30

RockinJive
[email protected]

Really?

yeah, they're talking about this very dilemma over on lttc.org

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 24, 2015 00:30

Hammerslot YES, I'd love to park there!
Buffalo here I come!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 24, 2015 05:59

jasona93
RockinJive
[email protected]

Really?

yeah, they're talking about this very dilemma over on lttc.org

I believe it....

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 24, 2015 15:27

In my humble opinion, here's a great deal now!

Buffallo Gold VIP tickets for $307.00
Section 136 ROW 1 ticket with a kick ass poster, delivered to my home.
I'm @#$%& in!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 25, 2015 23:07

My ticket was in the mail today.

Ordered over the phone and they didn't send me a "Your Ticket Has Been Printed" email.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: April 26, 2015 02:56

I got the your tickets have been printed email last Tuesday, still no tickets!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 26, 2015 03:34

Amy340
I got the your tickets have been printed email last Tuesday, still no tickets!

Mine took about a week after the email. Don't worry. If it longer than two weeks i would call.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: April 26, 2015 04:01

Kurt
In my humble opinion, here's a great deal now!

Buffallo Gold VIP tickets for $307.00
Section 136 ROW 1 ticket with a kick ass poster, delivered to my home.
I'm @#$%& in!

Got a ticket during pre-sale in section 136, Row 20 for #170.00 and it is on the aisle next to section 135. Very happy to get a decent seat and a decent price.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: April 27, 2015 17:47

Does anyone know how many rows in the floor B, C, D, E sections?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home