Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 22
Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2015 22:03

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the Rolling Stones Tour 2015 in Buffalo.

Bjornulf

Re: Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 30, 2015 22:46

Anyone interested in carpooling from Toronto, please let me know. I don't plan to stay overnight - have tix to the CanAm games the following day. I can be reached at sometorontogirl@gmail.com

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 30, 2015 23:34

Remember everybody, Duff's for chicken wings on Orchard Park Rd. 10 min from the stadium.
And in Buffalo, we don't call them Buffalo wings we call them chicken wings.

Niagara Falls is about a 40 min drive from the stadium.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: March 31, 2015 05:16

More Hot Rocks
Remember everybody, Duff's for chicken wings on Orchard Park Rd. 10 min from the stadium.

Stay away from the Duff's in OP they suck.

I know I lived there. Their using their name only. Go to the original restaurant or there is a new one in Eastern Hills Mall

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: March 31, 2015 06:54

black n blue
More Hot Rocks

I know I lived there. Their using their name only. Go to the original restaurant or there is a new one in Eastern Hills Mall

Are you kidding me. Duff's is the best. It even been voted the best year after year. The one at Eastern Hill is a rip off and the one on Sheridan is a greasy dive.

Date: March 31, 2015 15:28

RockinJive
black n blue
More Hot Rocks

Are you kidding me. Duff's is the best. It even been voted the best year after year. The one at Eastern Hill is a rip off and the one on Sheridan is a greasy dive.

You have zero clue! I eaten at all of them. In my original message I said the OP Duff's is not as good. The one in OP is substandard. I had conversations with the owner of Duffs and they are not happy with the one in OP!!!. By the way where are you from?

Date: March 31, 2015 15:41

Saw the boys in 1975, 1978, 1981, 1997

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 18:41 by black n blue.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:43

black n blue
RockinJive
black n blue
More Hot Rocks

You have zero clue! I eaten at all of them. In my original message I said the OP Duff's is not as good. The one in OP is substandard. I had conversations with the owner of Duffs and they are not happy with the one in OP!!!. By the way where are you from?

I have heard negative things about the OP location as well. I've always heard that the Sheridan location was the standard.

Kind of like Bocce on Bailey. Everything else is a branch.

Anyways, who cares about chicken wings? They're all overpriced and overcooked.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:34

The Sicilian
black n blue
RockinJive
black n blue
More Hot Rocks

I have heard negative things about the OP location as well. I've always heard that the Sheridan location was the standard.

With a name like Sicilian I thought you would like greasy food.

Date: March 31, 2015 17:36

The Sicilian
black n blue
RockinJive
black n blue
More Hot Rocks

We fooking do in Buffalo that's who. Anyways If you can't rock me nobody will

Date: March 31, 2015 17:50

black n blue
The Sicilian
black n blue
RockinJive
black n blue
More Hot Rocks

Buffalo has the largest wing festival in the country. You should come to Buffalo some day Sicilian and have some. Don't be so cranky.

Date: March 31, 2015 17:54

More Hot Rocks
black n blue
The Sicilian
black n blue
RockinJive
black n blue
More Hot Rocks

Was there last year and really enjoyed it. I lived in East aurora for forty fooking yrs

Buffalo has the largest wing festival in the country. You should come to Buffalo some day Sicilian and have some. Don't be so cranky.

Date: March 31, 2015 17:56

I went to it last year and really enjoyed it. I had my share of wings. Living in East Aurora for 40 fooking yrs I know

Date: March 31, 2015 17:57

I was at the show in 1997 with a former car dealership friend located on Union Rd in West Seneca NY. Might make it back to the Rich Stadium Venue

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:12

I will be in Buffalo. What is the greatest thing in Buffalo during July 9-12, except the Stones concert? Any great mountains nearby?

Bjornulf

Date: March 31, 2015 18:16

More Hot Rocks

I do live there and I've been to the festival a few times.

Date: March 31, 2015 18:30

bv
I will be in Buffalo. What is the greatest thing in Buffalo during July 9-12, except the Stones concert? Any great mountains nearby?

That is a good question. There are hills south of the city maybe about 45 minutes away in what they call ski country but nothing like you are used to in Norway. Letchworth Park has some serious gorges and hiking.

Niagara Falls is about a 30 minute drive from downtown Buffalo. You can ride the rapids and get on a boat that takes you below the falls called the Maid of the Mist. The Canadian side offers some better views and shops and you can easily do that with your passport by just walking over the bridge.

You will just miss the Italian Festival by a few days the following weekend, but there is some great architecture to see by Richardson, Sullivan, Wright, Burnham, and others.

Date: March 31, 2015 18:40

The Sicilian
bv

That is a good question. There are hills south of the city maybe about 45 minutes away in what they call ski country but nothing like you are used to in Norway. Letchworth Park has some serious gorges and hiking.

Niagara Falls is about a 30 minute drive from downtown Buffalo. You can ride the rapids and get on a boat that takes you below the falls called the Maid of the Mist. The Canadian side offers some better views and shops and you can easily do that with your passport by just walking over the bridge.

You will just miss the Italian Festival by a few days the following weekend, but there is some great architecture to see by Richardson, Sullivan, Wright, Burnham, and others.

Good information here.

Date: March 31, 2015 18:44

black n blue
I went to it last year and really enjoyed it. I had my share of wings. Living in East Aurora for 40 fooking yrs I know

I was down there a couple weeks ago, I took my daughter to the Elm St. Bakery for lunch. My first time there, it was a little pricey but my panini sandwich was fantastic.

Date: March 31, 2015 18:46

The Sicilian
black n blue

I was down there a couple weeks ago, I took my daughter to the Elm St. Bakery for lunch. My first time there, it was a little pricey but my panini sandwich was fantastic.

East Aurora is a nice place for food. Bar-Bill (wings) and Leo's Pizza are my favs. Lived there

Date: March 31, 2015 19:00

bv

Check the nearby Finger Lakes district for hiking and cycling. Lovely.

Also, East Aurora has a wonderful Arts & Crafts village, including the Roycroft campus and Roycroft Inn if you like that era. Also Niagara Falls and Toronto - we have the Pan Am games in TO at that tie if you want to watch Olympic-calibre sports.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 19:05

I booked hotel rooms in West Seneca.

Date: March 31, 2015 19:16

SomeTorontoGirl
bv

Also, East Aurora has a wonderful Arts & Crafts village, including the Roycroft campus and Roycroft Inn if you like that era. Also Niagara Falls and Toronto - we have the Pan Am games in TO at that tie if you want to watch East Olympic-calibre sports.

East Aurora is a drinking town and loves the Stones

Date: March 31, 2015 19:24

black n blue

Also very cultured. Philistine! grinning smiley

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 31, 2015 19:34

bv

Why mountains when there are Stones greater than any mountain?

Date: March 31, 2015 19:41

Niagara Falls is close by. So are we, in Stoney Creek about half an hour north of the falls in Ontario. :-) We are staying overnite in Buffalo on the BIG DAY. Glad we booked ahead - just in case.

Date: March 31, 2015 19:47

SomeTorontoGirl
black n blue

Also very cultured. Philistine! grinning smiley

That is the other side of the fence or tracks. Ha ha

Date: March 31, 2015 19:55

SomeTorontoGirl
bv

Also, East Aurora has a wonderful Arts & Crafts village, including the Roycroft campus and Roycroft Inn if you like that era. Also Niagara Falls and Toronto - we have the Pan Am games in TO at that tie if you want to watch Olympic-calibre sports.

the Roycroft is where the Stones stayed in 97.

Date: March 31, 2015 21:09

More Hot Rocks
SomeTorontoGirl
bv

the Roycroft is where the Stones stayed in 97.

That is News to me I lived in town.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 31, 2015 21:51

Can't believe I have 5-6 nights booked in Buffalo. Anywhere nearby worth overnighting? Rochester? I am stoked to see the President McKinley assassination site. But since it ranks No. 112 on TripAdvisor site, I guess I'm the only one.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1307
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home