Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Detroit MI USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 8, 2015 01:45

MRJIMMMY
Brstonesfan
GlimmerGirl24
Brstonesfan
This will be an easy ticket and many should be able to self upgrade as Detroit, like Indy, is not a Stones town anymore.

Detroit has sold quite well. Better than Columbus.

Columbus had 59k fans...I hope you are correct, but that would be a very surprising.

i don't know if they could get 59k into Comerica. only holds 42k i think for baseball. lol

Correct...I think last show had around 45k at baseball stadium....Columbus will , imo, have had the most attendees with 59k.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: July 8, 2015 02:01

Song vote just went up

When Whip Comes Down
Rocks Off
Street Fighting Man
Get Off My Cloud

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 02:06 by Snoopy.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: July 8, 2015 02:12

Mr. Watts toured Hittsville today

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 02:16

MRJIMMMY
Brstonesfan
GlimmerGirl24
Brstonesfan
This will be an easy ticket and many should be able to self upgrade as Detroit, like Indy, is not a Stones town anymore.

Columbus had 59k fans...I hope you are correct, but that would be a very surprising.

i don't know if they could get 59k into Comerica. only holds 42k i think for baseball. lol

If we're going on percentage, the Stones filled a smidgen over half the stadium at Columbus. Comerica Park's decks are full - it's difficult to even find a single. Not the case in Columbus the day before the show, you could buy rows in the decks.

Date: July 8, 2015 02:17

According to my valet at the Doubletree - the Stones were at the Fox Theatre last night. Comerica Park and the Fox are owned by the same company. Maybe it was the tour party

Date: July 8, 2015 02:18

sundevil
hey, detroiters. what's parking like around the ballpark. remember a little lot near the opera that i liked, but don't know if i can find it again.

Still there on Broadway.

Posted by: Mick2014 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 02:22

Please vote for gett off my cloud. they played it a long Time ago.

Stones Forever

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 8, 2015 03:22

MAF
Kurt
Just received an email from Comerica Park re: The Rolling Stones show.

Here's the link with information on the show tomorrow night:

The Rolling Stones at Comerica Park Show Day Information

When I try ths link I got an alert by Kaspersky Internet Security: phishing link.

Its a direct link to the info page.
Not a problem for me.

Try the Olympia Entertainment home page if that's "safer" for your browser:

www.olympiaentertainment.com

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 04:50

No way!!! Hitsville is the best. check it out IORRians!

Undercover1

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 05:13

i hope they'll play "We love you".

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 8, 2015 05:29

For those interested, here's a scope from Band 2 concert tonight: [www.periscope.tv]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 05:40 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: July 8, 2015 05:38

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: July 8, 2015 05:52

It kills me a little but I decided to sit this show out even though I happen to be in my home town, a couple hours from Detroit (I now live in Halifax).

I'm a Stones nut but am now a dad and elected to use my limited free time/money to take my dad go see the Tigers and a Rodriguez / Brian Wilson double-bill on Sunday. The closest I got to seeing the Stones was seeing the gent pictured join Mr. Wilson for Sail on Sailor and a few other numbers.

I wish all of you who are going a very rockin' evening!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 05:55 by downagain.

Date: July 8, 2015 05:54

Charlie's on drums now: [www.periscope.tv]

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 8, 2015 05:56

GlimmerGirl24
MRJIMMMY
Brstonesfan
GlimmerGirl24
Brstonesfan

If we're going on percentage, the Stones filled a smidgen over half the stadium at Columbus. Comerica Park's decks are full - it's difficult to even find a single. Not the case in Columbus the day before the show, you could buy rows in the decks.

Not disagreeing, just stating that they will not exceed Columbus for attendance and or gross. No show will hit 60k. The real shocker was the Arlington show which many thought would be 70-80k, but didn't even break 50k and off course Indianapolis with only 50-55k. Europe supported the Stones much better, but they did tend to play more festivals .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 05:57 by Brstonesfan.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 8, 2015 10:04

Kurt
MAF
Kurt
Just received an email from Comerica Park re: The Rolling Stones show.

Here's the link with information on the show tomorrow night:

The Rolling Stones at Comerica Park Show Day Information

When I try ths link I got an alert by Kaspersky Internet Security: phishing link.

Its a direct link to the info page.
Not a problem for me.

Try the Olympia Entertainment home page if that's "safer" for your browser:

Yep! It works! Thanx!

Date: July 8, 2015 10:05

The Stones had a tour party at the Detroit's Fox Theatre on Monday night. I asked Bernard if a band had played the party (they've had blues bands in the past) - he said there was a dj. And yes, I asked what the dj's name was, Bernard didn't know.

Date: July 8, 2015 12:11

I'm going to Periscope Detroit. I noticed that I have 35k hearts. The Stones have 210k. I want more hearts! Tap, tap, tap and tap more hearts for me. smiling smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 8, 2015 13:00

It's feels like Christmas morning here in Detroit!
smiling smiley

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 8, 2015 13:50

Cristiano, thanks for the periscope link. Just enjoying the replay now. smiling smiley

GlimmerGirl24, how would I add hearts? Looking forward to your periscope btw. I'm not sure I'll be able to get up in the night (in the UK) but I'm planning to listen to the replay. Hope you enjoy tonight! smileys with beer

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 14:53

Brstonesfan
GlimmerGirl24
MRJIMMMY
Brstonesfan
GlimmerGirl24
Brstonesfan

Not disagreeing, just stating that they will not exceed Columbus for attendance and or gross. No show will hit 60k. The real shocker was the Arlington show which many thought would be 70-80k, but didn't even break 50k and off course Indianapolis with only 50-55k. Europe supported the Stones much better, but they did tend to play more festivals .

I was there, and trust me I've been to the stadium enough times, it was way more than a smidge over half full with the floor having quite a few thousand on it too.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 8, 2015 15:23

Pickin' up my rental in about a hour, then my buddy.

DETROIT BOUND!!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 8, 2015 16:40

downagain
It kills me a little but I decided to sit this show out even though I happen to be in my home town, a couple hours from Detroit (I now live in Halifax).

I'm a Stones nut but am now a dad and elected to use my limited free time/money to take my dad go see the Tigers and a Rodriguez / Brian Wilson double-bill on Sunday. The closest I got to seeing the Stones was seeing the gent pictured join Mr. Wilson for Sail on Sailor and a few other numbers.

I wish all of you who are going a very rockin' evening!

If you can, you should try to make it over to the show and see if you can score a cheap single. Every show this tour has had TONS of cheap tickets available outside. That is the only way I'll see the Stones again with this tour (or any in the future if the setlist doesn't change drastically). I am with you on being a father/etc. Family is always the priority!

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: July 8, 2015 17:03

Kurt
ALL seats are good seats for seeing the Stones!
cool smiley

Maybe this helps. You will be looking fairly straight at the stage. All of the floor seating will be in front of you. A ways away from the stage, but all the seats in a baseball stadium are a ways away from a centerfield stage.

The worst seats in the house would be directly behind Home plate. ie, the BEST seats for baseball equal the WORST seats for a concert at Comerica. No one is allowed on the infield and the lack of people really makes for a disconnect with a concert crowd.

Don't sweat it. It will ROCK!!!

This is weird as it shows only 14 seats in field level DD and I have that section seat 20.

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: July 8, 2015 18:00

If I were a little closer I would but with the border it's probably 5 hours round-trip. I know it's not much but my girlfriend was cool enough with me going away for 24+ hours the other day and we have a 2 year old and a 3 month old. I don't want to push my luck...even for The Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 18:01 by downagain.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home