Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Detroit MI USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: April 7, 2015 18:41

MisterDDDD
chrisvw
i, too, am confused about where to buy these tickets. they mention either the box office (not good if you're not in detroit!) or tickets.com. but tickets.com seems to be a reseller - not good!

It is confusing... if you follow the links to the two ballparks you end up at the tigers and the padres mlb ticketing sites tho..

I registered as a Tigers fan at the website last week, and have received few newsletters via email - I am still waiting for further announcements. Does anybody know and can post here how tickets can be purchased at the Tigers website?! Certainly, I will post information once I receive any update.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: April 7, 2015 18:56

MGetzner
MisterDDDD
chrisvw
i, too, am confused about where to buy these tickets. they mention either the box office (not good if you're not in detroit!) or tickets.com. but tickets.com seems to be a reseller - not good!

It is confusing... if you follow the links to the two ballparks you end up at the tigers and the padres mlb ticketing sites tho..

I registered as a Tigers fan at the website last week, and have received few newsletters via email - I am still waiting for further announcements. Does anybody know and can post here how tickets can be purchased at the Tigers website?! Certainly, I will post information once I receive any update.

Tickets.com

Date: April 7, 2015 20:36

Sure, tickets.com has been mentioned here - is this the official site or a secondary market? Thanks!

Date: April 7, 2015 20:56

MGetzner
Sure, tickets.com has been mentioned here - is this the official site or a secondary market? Thanks!

Tickets.com sells for the Detroit Tigers and, apparently by contract, all events at Comerica Park.

[frontline.purchasenow5a.tickets.com]

Date: April 7, 2015 21:01

...and you're right. Figuring out who the hell is selling the Detroit tickets, and where, has been needlessly difficult.

Posted by: Jdaunt ()
Date: April 8, 2015 00:52

Www.tigers.com/rollingstones is where the tickets will be sold.

Date: April 8, 2015 10:32

Jdaunt
Www.tigers.com/rollingstones is where the tickets will be sold.

Perfect, the website now shows a "Buy tickets" button, opening a page on which you will be able to buy tickets this morning 10am (or in the afternoon, in Europe smiling smiley).

Has anybody seen a floor/seating plan or similar (if you click on VIP packages, it seems there are seating rows front of stage) for Comerica Park?

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 8, 2015 17:51

MGetzner

Has anybody seen a floor/seating plan or similar (if you click on VIP packages, it seems there are seating rows front of stage) for Comerica Park?

Finally got to see one in the amex presale - hope the link works:

Got myself a 13th row seat in the presale, that's good enough for me. Did start browsing the 'platinum' options - 2nd row seats were approx $1500 dollars. I'm not sure 20 extra yards is worth $1100 more!

syrel

Posted by: houselightsdown ()
Date: April 8, 2015 18:18

Was able to get the $175 floor seats in the AMEX sale. Pretty happy.

Date: April 8, 2015 18:22

Never been to Detroit so I thought I'd treat myself. Got CC row 7. Really, really excited. Can't wait to see you all in the great Motor City.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Date: April 8, 2015 18:57

Section 139, 14th row. The instructions were clear as mud but I finally figured it out.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:42

Section 143, row 23 seats 1 and 2...

Thrilled (even though I know I coulda done better..)
Not too bad for the $175 price.

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: April 9, 2015 03:19

MisterDDDD i'm sitting close to you in section 141, i thought it was pretty decent as well and I'm pretty excited to see the stones once again in detroit. my girlfriend has never seen them and i try to tell her how much the band still mean to me since I've grown up with them since I was 9 and now in my late 40's. these guys are like family to me...i'm not sure she understands! :0)

Posted by: barney57 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 14:30

Does anybody have the password for Pandora?

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 16:11

How does the Pandora presale work? Any help?

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()
Date: April 9, 2015 17:42

Pandora presale password is ZIPPER2015.

I got Section CC Row 17 - I have no idea if these are good seats or not, I wasn't sure if I should grab them or try my luck in the general sale. I'm not super lucky so I just grabbed them!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:40

I'll be there. Section 114, row 40. Any IORRs wanna meet up. Some good barbecue in Detroit.

[slowsbarbq.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 10, 2015 01:15

whitem8
I'll be there. Section 114, row 40. Any IORRs wanna meet up. Some good barbecue in Detroit.

[slowsbarbq.com]

I've been to Slows. It's good. I've heard quite a few stories about people having their cars broken into or stolen, though. Corktown's coming back. It's trying to come back. It's not quite there yet.

Date: April 10, 2015 04:18

Really Tatters? I have been to Slows oodles of times with no problems. But I am not living in Michigan the entire year so I probably don't hear all the street news. A great place with some of the best brisket and mac and cheese I have ever had. Great collard greens as well. You going to The Stones in Detroit?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 10, 2015 05:23

whitem8
Really Tatters? I have been to Slows oodles of times with no problems. But I am not living in Michigan the entire year so I probably don't hear all the street news. A great place with some of the best brisket and mac and cheese I have ever had. Great collard greens as well. You going to The Stones in Detroit?

I've never had any problems myself anywhere in Detroit, but there have been problems with parked cars in Corktown, as this Deadline Detroit article explains. (You can't help but notice all the broken glass from smashed car windows near the curb when you park your car there.)

[beta.deadlinedetroit.com]

I don't currently have any definite plans to see the Stones, but it's early yet. There's a very good chance I'll be there. smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 05:58 by tatters.

Date: April 10, 2015 14:01

Very sad to read that article. How a city is fighting to make a comeback with great places like Corktown, but the city itself can't support the momentum because it is bankrupt. Yet, hundreds of millions are spent on sports teams that bring in people to Comerica park and then they leave back to the suburbs. Sad times.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: April 10, 2015 14:56

whitem8

[slowsbarbq.com]

We like Slows,but the parking can be iffy.....i like the sandwiches better than the ribs....i dont have tix yet but i'll be there...

Posted by: Jdaunt ()
Date: April 10, 2015 18:59

Scored the cheaper level of field seats! AA row 3! Was going for either that or upper deck, very happy with how it turned out.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:11

Good one Jdaunt.
A lot of tix for Detroit at the moment...

Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: April 11, 2015 03:42

[email protected]
Never been to Detroit so I thought I'd treat myself. Got CC row 7. Really, really excited. Can't wait to see you all in the great Motor City.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

almost ready to pull the trigger on 2 tickets in cc row 9 .

Date: April 11, 2015 18:51

MRJIMMMY
[email protected]

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Sweet! We'll be neighbors for a couple of hours. Anyone going to Detroit can contact me thru my email address so we can meet up for drinks and food. I am arriving Tues. afternoon and leaving late Thurs. morning. Would love to meet you all and swap stories and such.

Scotty

"Rock and Roll is a nuclear blast of reality in a mundane world where no one is allowed to be magnificent" - Kim Fowley

Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: April 12, 2015 01:02

[email protected]
MRJIMMMY
[email protected]

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Sweet! We'll be neighbors for a couple of hours. Anyone going to Detroit can contact me thru my email address so we can meet up for drinks and food. I am arriving Tues. afternoon and leaving late Thurs. morning. Would love to meet you all and swap stories and such.

Scotty

"Rock and Roll is a nuclear blast of reality in a mundane world where no one is allowed to be magnificent" - Kim Fowley

ended up 10th row in cc. little cheaper than 9th row too. had to pay stubhub price but we will at least be close. I refuse to sit in crappy seats for my last stones concert !! lmao smileys with beer

pre sales vs general public sale-detroit show
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 00:31

This is my first time posting to this forum. I see a few posters think it is better to wait for the public sale vs the pre sale. I have been mulling over the best course of action. If I wait until 10:AM on Monday do you think I will have a good opportunity for good seats? I'm looking at spending $175 for the lower level. However, if there are good seats on the field I may jump on those.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated. These last few days have been very anxious for me & I'm on vacation out of the country & should be enjoying myself instead of mulling over pre sale vs the general public sale.

Sincerely,
Sockers56 (john)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-12 21:10 by Sockers56.

Re: PRE SALES VS GENERAL PUBLIC SALE-DETROIT SHOW
Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: April 12, 2015 00:35

i'm in detroit as well and it appears the best seats will be in the lower portion of the stands, the 100s for the $175. i've got seats in section 141 from the presale. but due to the shape of the stadium it's difficult to get any closer without shelling out the $300+.

Re: PRE SALES VS GENERAL PUBLIC SALE-DETROIT SHOW
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 00:42

So I just checked and there are a pair of tickets in section 139 B, row H. Any idea how these seats would be compared to yours?

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1345
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home