Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15
Re: Really? Rascal Flatts?!!!!
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 13, 2015 01:35

Bungo
Just Boo them off the stage like we did to Babe Ruth when they opened for Roxy Music at the Academy Of Music in New York back in '75. (That reminds me. I need to start a new thread asking if anyone remembers seeing an act booed off the stage at a concert.)

You sound like a class act...NOT! I think I've got stuck next to you at more than a few shows.thumbs downthumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 01:35 by shadooby.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: June 13, 2015 03:26

Ten years ago they were commonly referred to as The Backstreet Boys of Country music.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 13, 2015 04:08

If I knew this ahead of time I wouldn't have bought tix!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 13, 2015 04:11

Not like you can skip them. If you do, you're in the back of your section! They got us by the balls!

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 13, 2015 04:26

J.J.Flash
Not like you can skip them. If you do, you're in the back of your section! They got us by the balls!

...we can't get free at all...

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 13, 2015 04:57

Rascal Flatts is a chicks band . The country equivalent of Bon Jovi

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:06

Support band? Who cares? Get over it. You are there for the Stones. End of.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 13, 2015 08:22

Bungo
Just Boo them off the stage like we did to Babe Ruth when they opened for Roxy Music at the Academy Of Music in New York back in '75. (That reminds me. I need to start a new thread asking if anyone remembers seeing an act booed off the stage at a concert.)

JT at SARSFest and Hole at Lollapalooza.

Re: Indianapolis IN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 15, 2015 16:42

The combination of Rascal Flatts and the opening of the gates changing from 1 PM to 4 PM changes my plans a bit. I have a 3 hour drive from Peoria, IL to Indy. I was going to get there as the gates open at 1 tailgating and make a day of it. Now I plan on arriving around 6 PM. No tailgaiting now. Just a few pre concert beers.

All in all though the opening band really isn't a big deal. I'm going to see the Stones! Haven't seen them since opening night 1997 at Soldier Field. A Wedding prevented me from being in Chicago in 2013 for their 3 shows. Missed them for various reasons in 2005 and 2002 in Chicago as well. Really wanting to hear CYHMK in Indy!

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:10

As much as I dislike Rascall Flats, booing anyone off stage is a dick move for a music fan....
Don't forget all those Stones fans booing Prince in 1981 were all out buying Purple Rain just 3 years later....

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 15, 2015 17:22

So many great Midwest rock artists (did someone say Cheap Trick?). Indy seems to be the worst selling show of the tour. Perhaps they decided to try to attract a different demographic to help move tickets.

Date: June 15, 2015 17:30

Saw Cheap Trick on the Peoria Riverfront a few Summer's back. GREAT show. They do a nice mixture of the hits and a few deep cuts.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 15, 2015 22:35

Good luck ! winking smiley Win a vip trip

Sweepstakes Prize(s): One (1) Grand Prize: a $1500 Travel Voucher (Visa/American Express Gift Card), 2 VIP tickets to the July 4th Rolling Stones concert in Indianapolis, IN, and a $500 Lucky Brand Gift Card, with a combined approximate retail value (“ARV”) of three thousand five hundred dollars (USD $3,500).
One (1) First Place Prize winner will be awarded a limited edition “Brussels Affair” Rolling Stones Box Set signed by Mick Jagger, Michael Putland and Nick Kent with an ARV of one thousand dollars (USD $1,000.00).
( I'm not a legal resident of the US cool smiley )

[www.sweepstakesdaily.com]

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 16, 2015 00:39

They need to add another act.

Date: June 18, 2015 00:09

Will other parts of the speedway be open for the fireworks? How bad will traffic be leaving the venue. I am thinking of driving back to Chicago after the show, but not unless I can get back on the road before midnight.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 00:39

Ticketmaster now lists Saints of Valory along with Rascal Flatts.

If you park inside the Speedway, the traffic will be slow as there are only 2 main auto exits. If you park outside the Speedway, you will have to walk more but traffic should be smoother. With the Stones not over until at least 11:30 PM, getting clear of the traffic by midnight will be tough.

Date: June 18, 2015 06:02

drbryant-
I'm in the same boat. I plan to head back to IL that night as well. I'm hoping that most of the fans will stay to watch Fireworks while I skip out and head home.

I have a lot of good memories of post concert road trips back home. I think my favorite is opening night of the Bridges to Babalon tour at Soldier Field in '97 and then driving back to the WIU campus in Macomb, IL and going to class the next morning to take a test.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 18, 2015 07:32

drbryant
Will other parts of the speedway be open for the fireworks? How bad will traffic be leaving the venue. I am thinking of driving back to Chicago after the show, but not unless I can get back on the road before midnight.

Good luck!

Date: June 18, 2015 07:37

dhinkle555
Ticketmaster now lists Saints of Valory along with Rascal Flatts.

If you park inside the Speedway, the traffic will be slow as there are only 2 main auto exits. If you park outside the Speedway, you will have to walk more but traffic should be smoother. With the Stones not over until at least 11:30 PM, getting clear of the traffic by midnight will be tough.

Thanks. I absolutely hate doing it, but there's always the option of heading for the exit after the opening verse of Satisfaction. . . . .

Posted by: FLDEALS ()
Date: June 19, 2015 05:21

nonfilter
Why? Indy should be so special. It still will (steel wheel) be, but why would they choose Rascal Flatts to open the show? I gotta admit my excitement level dropped a few points.

[www.non-filters.com]

Amen! I was at BONNAROO when I saw the announcement about rf. Needless to say everyone (a group of approximately 40 people) I know who is going to this show is pissed and extremely disappointed. Someone really screwed the pooch on this one. Rf sucks about as bad as nickleback. Needless to say no one is now going to the show early. Major screw-up on this opener choice. This is the textbook definition of WTF.

Posted by: FLDEALS ()
Date: June 19, 2015 05:29

yeababyyea
nonfilter
Not Rascall Flatts. If they do that version of "Life is a Highway", I may miss the main act.

They play that song at every show. It's their definitive warhorse.
Most people will think it's catchy, and I don't see what's so horrible about it.

What's horrible about it is that it is a COVER (and a crappy one at that) of a song by Tom Cochrane. They didn't write/create it. And it was featured on the Disney animated movie "Cars." I'd really consider another line of work if my band's most famous song is a cover song. Rf sucks ass. End of story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Is_a_Highway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 05:30 by FLDEALS.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 19, 2015 07:16

To Lien-thanks for the sweepstakes info.

Date: June 19, 2015 07:23

Isn't this motivated by a need to sell tickets? I assume that there are people who would go to the show just to see RF, right? All the other shows have sold well enough, but people seem wary of Indianapolis because of the large all standing set up. Tickets are still available at all prices.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 19, 2015 07:26

RockinJive
Rascal Flatts is a chicks band . The country equivalent of Bon Jovi

True, and more. Country music is totally geared to suburban housewives - any label exec will tell you that. I accidentally found myself at a Kenny Chesney arena show (briefly, I hasten to add) - and seemed to be the only guy there.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 19, 2015 07:39

I'm looking forward to this show, only for the fact it'll be my 3rd time I get to see The Stones!

That'll make 2 shows for this tour! (Ohio-Indy)

( My 1st show was Chicago, Night 2 2013 )

As a resident of Indiana, I'm hugely disappointed it's being held @ the Speedway! (Traffic is going to be a Nightmare!)

As a music lover, I'm even more disappointed Rascal Flats is the opener!

But, the show is closer than Chicago & Ohio, the tickets are free, & I've got 2 media passes..So for me, the good out-weighs the bad!

I'm hoping Indy gets 'Moonlight Mile' & some more surprises..

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 15:31 by Marhsall.

Date: June 19, 2015 09:31

jrcjohnny99
As much as I dislike Rascall Flats, booing anyone off stage is a dick move for a music fan....
Don't forget all those Stones fans booing Prince in 1981 were all out buying Purple Rain just 3 years later....

I completely, completely forgot about Prince. Maybe RF with the RS may work but trying it in the Speedway? Would think they would try this in a smaller venue unless they know for sure that this is gonna work.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: June 19, 2015 17:18

The Speedway surely wants to sell more tickets, but Rascal Flatts just played in the Indianapolis area outdoor amphitheater on May 30 with a top price ticket of $75. Don't think many Rascal Flatts fans are going to pay Rolling Stones prices for a 40 minute set. Rascal Flatts is under Big Machine Records who are tight with the Speedway and they were probably able to get Rascal Flatts at a discount as they are on a 3 week break on their tour after Saturday. The Speedway and AEG were committed to have an opening act, so I think they went for the cheapest "big name" act they could get.

Posted by: BillPriff ()
Date: June 19, 2015 21:40

Long time lurker, first time poster! Got an email from ticketmaster if you use the code wild horses you get a free tshirt with ticket purchase. Kind of feel like desperation to sell the tickets has set in. First rascal flatts now free tshirts!

Date: June 22, 2015 01:09

Too late to add John Mellencamp?

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 04:24

What do the "VIP" tickets include? On the Ticketmaster map I see a backstage area labeled VIP but no other mention elsewhere.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home