Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 15
Re: Indianapolis IN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: FLDEALS ()
Date: June 9, 2015 15:37

Same here. Gold and no tickets yet. Does this mean we pick them up on site?

Posted by: awebb7 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:09

Rascal freaking Flatts? That's the worst news ever.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:10

awebb7

shoot me in the fckin head now.

gutted.

Posted by: Deaner ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:10

Yuk...! What do they have to do with Rock n Roll?

Posted by: fulldevilhakysac ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:11

Boooo hisssssss

Posted by: Deaner ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:12

WTF? Rascal F*king Flatts? BUMMER!

Posted by: awebb7 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:15

They obviously decided to forgo the cool rock band opener in lieu of a middle aged boy band that typically plays pride festivals and pontoon boat races.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 00:16 by awebb7.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:44

Really wierd choice, they played a headlining show at the large outdoor concert venue near Indy on May 30. If the Speedway is paying them, I don't think they will sell any new tickets. Especially being here only 5 weeks ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 04:27 by dhinkle555.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 11, 2015 04:10

jrcjohnny99
awebb7

shoot me in the fckin head now.

gutted.

They were picked for a reason and then we get the "Big Show".

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: June 11, 2015 05:34

Rascal Flatts? That's just sad !

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 11, 2015 17:49

I really hope they add on better bands. This is weak. Very very weak.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 11, 2015 18:00

That's multi platinum country pop! Sticky and gooey and sugary...
They probably should have played Columbus though...

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 19:30

Below is a quote from the Indianapolis Star newspaper,

"Rascal Flatts is signed to Big Machine Records, the label founded by auto-racing enthusiast Scott Borchetta. Big Machine act Florida Georgia Line played Indianapolis Motor Speedway as part of this year's Legends Day festivities in advance of the Indy 500. From 2011 to 2014, Big Machine was a co-sponsor for the annual NASCAR race at IMS."

Big Machine records also sponsored a car in the Indianapolis 500. Definitely they are in bed with the Speedway and they probably offered up Rascal Flatts at a discount as they were a 3 week break in their current tour.

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 20:41

Horrible Choice pure and simple. They have no business being anywhere near a Stones show. Why are there not more than two bands playing that day? Gates open at 1pm for essentially an GA style show? Makes no sense. The whole Big Machine Records thing makes me sick. I don't care about their relationship, the band choice is WRONG.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: June 11, 2015 21:42

Does anybody know if the straight VIP ticket also includes early entry? Or do you need the Hospitality package with the free drinks and food etc... Thx

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 11, 2015 22:30

Personally, I think this one is a horrible choice.
But who am I???...
just a ROLLING STONES' fan! Shit.

BUT, AND I MEAN BUT...
Please tell me there will be other bands on this bill?
confused smiley

A Fourth of July "festival" all-day blast this is NOT.
moody smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 11, 2015 22:44

Bad choice for opener. is there to be only one opening band?

Posted by: somegirls18 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 22:52

They have got to be kidding with Flatts! Out of all the bands that would love to open for the Stones. They sure didn't give a damn about fans. Well look for a mad rush after these duds are done no hurry till then. Appears to be a ton of tickets left also and this lousy choice of openers can only hurt. Very disappointing in the speedway how embarrassing!

Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia
The group has an uncommon youth demographic (18–25) for country music. In September 2007, Weekly Reader Research conducted a poll of more than 2,000 children and Rascal Flatts ranked as the sixth-most-popular act among ages 10–12.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 22:58

Very very odd choice, I mean the Rascal Flatts just played their own headline show back on May 30 at Deer Creek outside Indy. [www.setlist.fm]

Even if you're a superfan of them why would you pay Stones prices to see them again less than 40 days later? This booking truly makes no sense at all.

Btw...anyone notice you can pull up 50 tickets at a time at all price levels for this show?

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Why oh why didn't they do this show at Lucas Oil Stadium...???

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 23:01 by mnewman505.

Date: June 11, 2015 23:56

I am doing Nashville for sure, but unsure about Indy. Indy is almost the same distance from Nashville so its not that big of a deal to drive up for the show. That being said, I have been waiting all this time for the lineup to be announced. Lots of friends have said they'd like to go once the other bands are announced. Surely they can't JUST have one incredibly terrible pop country band... They have to add more bands that don't suck to this bill.

Posted by: tweedamp3 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 00:38

If they actually want to fill the raceway, Rascle Flats is definitely not the band to help with ticket sales. Again, have 2 to 3 other bands play before the Stones, and make a day out of it. Why open the gates at 1pm?????

Date: June 12, 2015 01:38

somegirls18
They have got to be kidding with Flatts! Out of all the bands that would love to open for the Stones. They sure didn't give a damn about fans. Well look for a mad rush after these duds are done no hurry till then. Appears to be a ton of tickets left also and this lousy choice of openers can only hurt. Very disappointing in the speedway how embarrassing!

Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia
The group has an uncommon youth demographic (18–25) for country music. In September 2007, Weekly Reader Research conducted a poll of more than 2,000 children and Rascal Flatts ranked as the sixth-most-popular act among ages 10–12.

Too far down the pike so maybe Mick can add another act. Someone from the Stones reads these posts. This is Indiana and a balance between adults and children. How much is parking?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 12, 2015 01:43

They should put Rascall Flats on at 1PM, and get it over with. They're certainly hot encouraging people to arrive early with this booking. Strange, too, since this stop on the tour has a lot of tickets to sell, and it's all SRO!

Date: June 12, 2015 01:48

24FPS
They should put Rascall Flats on at 1PM, and get it over with. They're certainly hot encouraging people to arrive early with this booking. Strange, too, since this stop on the tour has a lot of tickets to sell, and it's all SRO!

Neil Young was mentioned earlier in this post which isn't a bad idea. A racetrack is a great location for three bands. It worked at Hockenheim.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: June 12, 2015 01:50

dhinkle555
Really wierd choice, they played a headlining show at the large outdoor concert venue near Indy on May 30. If the Speedway is paying them, I don't think they will sell any new tickets. Especially being here only 5 weeks ago.

Brad Paisley is playing LP Field three days before opening for the Rolling Stones at LP Field. This type of issue seems to be of no concern to whoever makes these decisions.

Date: June 12, 2015 02:11

tonyc
dhinkle555

Brad Paisley is playing LP Field three days before opening for the Rolling Stones at LP Field. This type of issue seems to be of no concern to whoever makes these decisions.

Good call for Paisley. There is plenty of time remaining. It will work out.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 02:20

tweedamp3
If they actually want to fill the raceway, Rascle Flats is definitely not the band to help with ticket sales. Again, have 2 to 3 other bands play before the Stones, and make a day out of it. Why open the gates at 1pm?????
this x1,000,000

Date: June 12, 2015 02:36

mnewman505
tweedamp3
this x1,000,000

Mail em '[email protected]'

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 03:16

tweedamp3

in all fairness, the best way to drive sales with a support band is to find one that appeals partially to a different demographic; adding another rock act with 'older' appeal (say Neil Young) would probably not sell any more additional tix than Rascall Flatts would because chances are, most NY fans are probably already going. What you might see happening here is a lot of older folks who are going will now take their kids cos they want to see RF...I'm sure that was the reason for Ed Sheeran

Country is a big deal in Indiana so there is some logic...but I would have preferred just about any other country act...I'm not his biggest fan but Keith Urban would have been a lot better; he loves the Stones, pulls in a younger (and largely female) audience and guested with them in LA in 13 (and played some smoking guitar on "Respectable"

Personally this is horrible for me, but I do understand it for a moving more tix perspective

Date: June 12, 2015 03:24

jrcjohnny99
tweedamp3

in all fairness, the best way to drive sales with a support band is to find one that appeals partially to a different demographic; adding another rock act with 'older' appeal (say Neil Young) would probably not sell any more additional tix than Rascall Flatts would because chances are, most NY fans are probably already going. What you might see happening here is a lot of older folks who are going will now take their kids cos they want to see RF...I'm sure that was the reason for Ed Sheeran

Country is a big deal in Indiana so there is some logic...but I would have preferred just about any other country act...I'm not his biggest fan but Keith Urban would have been a lot better; he loves the Stones, pulls in a younger (and largely female) audience and guested with them in LA in 13 (and played some smoking guitar on "Respectable"

Personally this is horrible for me, but I do understand it for a moving more tix perspective

That's the thing. Country music fans hate RF. They are pop, and bad pop. The Stones management have screwed up big time. So many other acts they could have pulled.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1596
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home