Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 15
Re: Indianapolis IN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: April 11, 2015 13:55

24FPS
Actually, if I was going to be in Indy, I think I'd wait around and snag as cheap a ticket possible and then wander around. $50 dollar ticket and a fireworks show after on July 4th sounds good. The band may be sub par, but they can still put on a good spectacle.

Since fans can tailgate in Parking Lot when do you all think would be a good time to go to the ticketed area? I'm not a fan of GA but what the hell, how often do the Stones play in my backyard?

Also, maybe this is crazy but is anyone thinking about an IORR tailgate party?
I owe BV more than a few beers for running this site?

On Monday I will call the speedway and find out if "we" can have grills, etc in the premium and general parking areas?

Posted by: stoneman ()
Date: April 12, 2015 01:41

I went to the IMS ticket office today. The person in charge told me, pop up tents, chairs and coolers are allowed in the infield only. No open uncontained fires/grills. Normal outdoor propane grill is fine.
All sections are general admission. There will be no sub sections barriers within each section.
She even sold me tix a day early.
7hr tailgate party...have fun

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 12, 2015 01:49

stoneman
I went to the IMS ticket office today. The person in charge told me, pop up tents, chairs and coolers are allowed in the infield only. No open uncontained fires/grills. Normal outdoor propane grill is fine.
All sections are general admission. There will be no sub sections barriers within each section.

I appreciate that information, thank you very much.

Sure seems like this could have been should be could be one show where they go ahead and have 5-6 bands all day Saturday hot fun in the Summer time 4th of July blow out with massive fireworks afterwards... and yeah yeah I understand why they wont, but they should

Posted by: awebb7 ()
Date: April 13, 2015 00:01

Leonioid
stoneman

Sure seems like this could have been should be could be one show where they go ahead and have 5-6 bands all day Saturday hot fun in the Summer time 4th of July blow out with massive fireworks afterwards... and yeah yeah I understand why they wont, but they should
I thought I read earlier in this thread or the tour thread that there was going to be a special guest opener.

Date: April 13, 2015 00:11

awebb7
Leonioid
stoneman

I thought I read earlier in this thread or the tour thread that there was going to be a special guest opener.
I hope so.

They should get Willie Nelson, Neil Young, ZZ Top, George Thorogood & the Delaware Destroyers and Heart for an all day 4th of July summer jam.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 13, 2015 08:45

Leonioid
awebb7
Leonioid
stoneman

I hope so.

They should get Willie Nelson, Neil Young, ZZ Top, George Thorogood & the Delaware Destroyers and Heart for an all day 4th of July summer jam.

John Mellencamp would be an obvious choice.

Posted by: Deaner ()
Date: April 13, 2015 16:17

Nice going Chris... still not sure what we're gonna do... might just spring for the VIP's

Date: April 14, 2015 01:01

24FPS
Leonioid
awebb7
Leonioid
stoneman

I hope so.

John Mellencamp would be an obvious choice.

Indeed Johnny cougar would fit in at that show nicely too.

btw- if someone, anyone is planning on buying bronze tickets for Indy, it is an pass/fail IQ test about whether or not to buy the Lucky Dip tickets instead, even if the person is going alone, the choice is obvious.

Date: April 14, 2015 06:59

I feel bad. My dearest and oldest friend's wife bought surprise tickets for him and a daughter and grandchild. I don't have the heart to tell her it's standing room only and that her 60-year plus hubby is going to be miserable.

Date: April 14, 2015 07:00

24FPS
I feel bad. My dearest and oldest friend's wife bought surprise tickets for him and a daughter and grandchild. I don't have the heart to tell her it's standing room only and that her 60-year plus hubby is going to be miserable.

How about those portable seats, you know, that are small and unfold. You can barely sit your butt on one, but at least it would provide temporary relief.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 14, 2015 07:40

On April 9th indystonesfan wrote:

Corrals will be set up within each section to help crowd control areas.

Did we ever find out for sure if the sections, i.e. gold, silver, bronze, or even the VIP are going to be divided into separate areas within those sections? ? Any info on this I would greatly appreciate. Thanks.

Carolyn G

Date: April 14, 2015 07:58

indystonesfan
Deaner
A lady at Circle City Tickets told me today that ALL sections are general admission... that means get there early, run and push your way to the front and stand there for 10 hours or more... Ugh... sounds terrible.. at 65 years old, I need a seat."

I am 45, seen the Stones 5 times, been to track countless times and I want a seat. This is a really difficult show for me.

Part of me want to get on the catwalk rail early and tough it out for 300 dollars. The other part of says forget it, buy the cheapest ticket, tailgate in the parking lot until show time and then just be there for the event.

My Question:
What is the catwalk rail? Are you perhaps referring to the "runway" style of narrow stage/ramp that comes out from the center stage into the first section of seats at some of the Stones' concerts? On the IMS map I see no sign of a runway ramp/stage. I haven't checked all the other venues, I know San Diego has a runway stage/ramp on its map.

Carolyn G

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 08:04 by tauk.

Date: April 14, 2015 15:57

Tickets must not be selling like they thought they would... VIP tix that were $995. last week are now down to $427. from ticketmaster!

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 14, 2015 16:04

Deaner
Tickets must not be selling like they thought they would... VIP tix that were $995. last week are now down to $427. from ticketmaster!

Good! They deserve it for attempting to gouge their fans/centers of income with $999 tickets. That's ridiculous.

Posted by: awebb7 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 16:31

Deaner

I believe those are different tickets.

Posted by: jboug44 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 17:44

Deaner

Those $427 tickets are simply access to the VIP area right next to the stage, doesn't include any of the hospitality stuff.

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: April 15, 2015 12:46

jboug44
Deaner

Those $427 tickets are simply access to the VIP area right next to the stage, doesn't include any of the hospitality stuff.

Look as much as I like the way the Speedway handles VIP's I'm not a member of that crowd. I'm just a nobody stones fan. I might just have to get one of those tickets for a guaranteed good spot for the show without all the trimmings.

Thanks for posting ths information.

Date: April 16, 2015 05:31

Does anyone know if there is going to be a center "runway" style stage for this concert? I don't believe I can visually detect one on the map they provide but perhaps the map is wrong? Or maybe there can't be a runway stage for a GA concert, even though barriers/rails will be up to divide all the sections off from each other?

Date: April 16, 2015 06:11

tauk
Does anyone know if there is going to be a center "runway" style stage for this concert? I don't believe I can visually detect one on the map they provide but perhaps the map is wrong? Or maybe there can't be a runway stage for a GA concert, even though barriers/rails will be up to divide all the sections off from each other?

I think it is there, I think it just does not go out into the silver, maybe about half way into the gold.

indystonesfan
Look as much as I like the way the Speedway handles VIP's I'm not a member of that crowd. I'm just a nobody stones fan. I might just have to get one of those tickets for a guaranteed good spot for the show without all the trimmings.

YOU ARE CORRECT!!!
Forget the stupid trimmings... Go bare bones VIP GOLD for $427.
Lol... what kind world do we live in where that is a term? "Bare bones VIP GOLD" LMAO!!

If you can afford it... do it man... do it now.
That is going to be the best ticket on the whole tour. Forget the hospitality nonsense, just get into the VIP GOLD and you will golden. It aches my soul that I can not clinch this for myself yet.

The only thing that could go wrong is if they over sell it and then... plus in addition to... allow too many rich dork Potsys in there to over capacity... but if they keep their heads and properly limit it, then even if you are at the back of the VIP GOLD you will be on top of the world.

Being in the VIP GOLD at INDY will be like a being at a club show, with 50,000 people behind you, seperated from you. I have been in this set up before, and it is as good as it gets and EASILY worth a mere extra hundred bucks above Gold.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 20, 2015 01:23

Leonioid
tauk

I think it is there, I think it just does not go out into the silver, maybe about half way into the gold.

indystonesfan

YOU ARE CORRECT!!!
Forget the stupid trimmings... Go bare bones VIP GOLD for $427.
Lol... what kind world do we live in where that is a term? "Bare bones VIP GOLD" LMAO!!

If you can afford it... do it man... do it now.
That is going to be the best ticket on the whole tour. Forget the hospitality nonsense, just get into the VIP GOLD and you will golden. It aches my soul that I can not clinch this for myself yet.

The only thing that could go wrong is if they over sell it and then... plus in addition to... allow too many rich dork Potsys in there to over capacity... but if they keep their heads and properly limit it, then even if you are at the back of the VIP GOLD you will be on top of the world.

Being in the VIP GOLD at INDY will be like a being at a club show, with 50,000 people behind you, seperated from you. I have been in this set up before, and it is as good as it gets and EASILY worth a mere extra hundred bucks above Gold.

It's NOT VIP GOLD. It's just VIP or VIP EARLY ENTRY or VIP HOSPITALITY. I got 2 extra gold for sale BELOW COST!! $277 each!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-20 01:31 by DREAMTIME.

Date: April 20, 2015 01:27

DREAMTIME
It's NOT VIP GOLD. It's just VIP or VIP EARLY ENTRY or VIP HOSPITALITY.

The map shows a seperate VIP section within the Gold section,
if you know differently FOR SURE, then feel free to explain.

Date: April 20, 2015 01:32

Just trying pull up the tickets now, it seems the $427.00 VIP GOLD are not currently available, but they were at one point.... and they may be available again.

Date: April 20, 2015 01:33

It's not "within", it's just a smaller front section called VIP. And if anything, it's VIP RED!

Date: April 20, 2015 01:35

DREAMTIME
It's not "within", it's just a smaller front section called VIP. And if anything, it's VIP RED!
Do you have a point here? Anything useful to offer?

Date: April 20, 2015 01:36

Leonioid
Just trying pull up the tickets now, it seems the $427.00 VIP GOLD are not currently available, but they were at one point.... and they may be available again.

Plenty still available! It's listed under 'ticket type', VIP General Admission. Just pulled up 8 at 6:35pm Eastern 4/19

Date: April 21, 2015 20:43

I talked to a lady at IMS, she told me the $447 tix are for in front of the stage in the red section only with no access to the other 2 red areas which are outside the show area. Those 2 red sections are the hospitality tents with open bar, food available with places to sit and eat, plus bathrooms, premium parking and I'd imagine probably merchandise available for sale... all of that access is for the $995. tix... She said there will be bathrooms and drinks available for sale also in the red area by the stage... The $447. tix are the best deal by far... I'm not paying an extra $500+ for an open bar and the other luxuries, just get me in front of that stage!

Date: April 21, 2015 21:13

Deaner
I talked to a lady at IMS, she told me the $447 tix are for in front of the stage in the red section only with no access to the other 2 red areas which are outside the show area. Those 2 red sections are the hospitality tents with open bar, food available with places to sit and eat, plus bathrooms, premium parking and I'd imagine probably merchandise available for sale... all of that access is for the $995. tix... She said there will be bathrooms and drinks available for sale also in the red area by the stage... The $447. tix are the best deal by far... I'm not paying an extra $500+ for an open bar and the other luxuries, just get me in front of that stage!

there is no $995 ticket. VIP with hospitality is $905. ALL VIP'S come through VIP entrance and through hospitality area

Date: April 21, 2015 22:06

Deaner

Exactly... and I think that $447, or is it $427 ?, either way it seems like the best ticket of the tour. It will put you on Keiths side 20-30 feet from the stage even if you are in the back of it.

If someone has the $300 for the gold section, they might as well spend the extra $100 and be in the VIP gold section. That will probably put them as close as the first 10 rows of any other show, but it looks like it costs $1000+ for that position at any other show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-21 22:08 by Leonioid.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 21, 2015 22:34

I'm not going to this show but it sounds like the perfect venue to buy the cheapest ticket possible and upgrade yourself to the front of the stage. It's easier than you think...

Date: April 21, 2015 22:42

palerider22
I'm not going to this show but it sounds like the perfect venue to buy the cheapest ticket possible and upgrade yourself to the front of the stage. It's easier than you think...

Any ideas for this?

It sounds like the section barriers will have a no mans land between them... and each section will have its own seperate entrance... and then there is the machine gun nests...

I understand it is do-able in a situation with a GA floor and a reserved lower level where people are normally constantly moving between the sections and all it takes is some diversion tactics, but this sounds like a mission impossible... but I am willing to take the chance and I am aware of the risks... any ideas? this tape will self destruct in 3 seconds

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home