Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 15
Re: Indianapolis IN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: April 9, 2015 17:34

Spoke to Speedway ticket office. Some of the same info as others have posted but here is what I found out.

Gold and VIP will have wristband and ticket. Both are needed for entry. Also, because VIP have food and bars available with tickets.

Silver and Bronze will only have ticket for entry.

Food trucks, food vendors, port-o-let toilets and drinks vendors inside Silver and Bronze, probably Gold, too. VIP will have access to other facilities at Speedway.

Also, ticket office thinks everyone will be allowed to bring one un-opened bottle of water into ticketed concert area.

Corrals will be set up within each section to help crowd control areas.

Still undecided but that's what I found out.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 9, 2015 17:43

indystonesfan
Spoke to Speedway ticket office. Some of the same info as others have posted but here is what I found out.

Gold and VIP will have wristband and ticket. Both are needed for entry. Also, because VIP have food and bars available with tickets.

Silver and Bronze will only have ticket for entry.

Food trucks, food vendors, port-o-let toilets and drinks vendors inside Silver and Bronze, probably Gold, too. VIP will have access to other facilities at Speedway.

Also, ticket office thinks everyone will be allowed to bring one un-opened bottle of water into ticketed concert area.

Corrals will be set up within each section to help crowd control areas.

Still undecided but that's what I found out.

Thank you for the updates and information.

The corrals are no fun for section wanderers, MOOOOOOOO

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 9, 2015 19:33

indystonesfan
Having serious doubts about Indy show. Lack of shade and seats is difficult.
Will try to call track office and ask about entrance to show area. Could it be possible to tailgate up until showtime and still get reasonable position near stage? Also worried about crowd at this "event". Bronze could get rough late into night.

There are usually a lot of older Stones fans at concerts. I can't see them putting up with being herded like cattle and left to fry in the sun. (And the sun doesn't go down until 9PM that time of year in Indy.) You're 60 years old and you have to look after your date and make sure she's comfortable, no way this will work. Also many older fans bring their young kids. They want security. This is shaping up as an excuse for rowdy young adults to get shit faced in the night.

Posted by: awebb7 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 20:15

24FPS
indystonesfan
Will try to call track office and ask about entrance to show area. Could it be possible to tailgate up until showtime and still get reasonable position near stage? Also worried about crowd at this "event". Bronze could get rough late into night.

There are usually a lot of older Stones fans at concerts. I can't see them putting up with being herded like cattle and left to fry in the sun. (And the sun doesn't go down until 9PM that time of year in Indy.) You're 60 years old and you have to look after your date and make sure she's comfortable, no way this will work. Also many older fans bring their young kids. They want security. This is shaping up as an excuse for rowdy young adults to get shit faced in the night.

Isn't that what the now 60 year olds did in the early years of the US tours?

Date: April 9, 2015 20:48

awebb7
24FPS
indystonesfan

Isn't that what the now 60 year olds did in the early years of the US tours?

Of course. But it sucked when I was in my 20s in Cleveland with a large, rowdy crowd that had no seats. And since you're asking for exorbitant ticket prices, you can at least provide a little comfort. That Columbus venue is looking better and better. And I'm from Indy.

Date: April 9, 2015 20:52

Different strokes I suppose. I'm excited about Indy. I love ga concerts and the all day standing. As long as it isn't raining then I am sure sitting on the ground for a while isn't out of the question. I am also not sure that the people paying $100-$400 per ticket are the same demographic that are planning to get incredibly rowdy. I am sure there will be some outliers, but I would say that the average attendee will have fun and see a great show. There have been plenty of ga shows in the past. Bonnaroo happens every year.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 20:55

awebb7
Different strokes I suppose. I'm excited about Indy. I love ga concerts and the all day standing. As long as it isn't raining then I am sure sitting on the ground for a while isn't out of the question. I am also not sure that the people paying $100-$400 per ticket are the same demographic that are planning to get incredibly rowdy. I am sure there will be some outliers, but I would say that the average attendee will have fun and see a great show. There have been plenty of ga shows in the past. Bonnaroo happens every year.

I think any issues will be in the bronze section; most folks who intend to tailgate all day will have picked up the cheapest ticket.
I got a silver but don't plan on heading down until very late afternoon; maybe 5-6ish.

Date: April 9, 2015 21:03

awebb7

And I hope you have a great time. I really do. And I hope it's a great event and doesn't blacken Indy's eye any further after Governor Pence's screwup. I'm just too old to stand for hours upon hours. There's plenty of concerts at the Hollywood Bowl and Greek Theater this summer for an old fart like me.

Date: April 10, 2015 00:32

I understand. And I am in gold, so I feel pretty confident that it isn't going to go south. I hope they have cooling stations and plenty to eat and drink, which I think they should. Regardless, it will be a good show. I am sad that I won't get to see them at home (Nashville) because of another trip.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 10, 2015 01:20

THEY WILL KEEP SELLING INDY GOLDS AS LONG AS THEY CAN AND JUST KEEP EXPANDING THE AREA

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 06:09

Got my silver ticket in the Pandora presale just now. Very excited to be going to this show. Racing has always been a big thing in my family, so going to ANY show at Indy, let alone the Stones, and on Fourth Of July will be a pretty amazing experience smiling smiley

INDY GOLD
Date: April 10, 2015 01:19

THEY WILL KEEP SELLING INDY GOLDS AS LONG AS THEY CAN AND JUST KEEP EXPANDING THE AREA

Re: INDY GOLD
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 10, 2015 01:50

So in other words, the ticket prices are going up the further away from the stage? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Date: April 10, 2015 01:56

shadooby
So in other words, the ticket prices are going up the further away from the stage? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Well since it is GA not really....the Gold area will just expand larger than the graph that is shown...(Does this makes sense) They will keep selling Golds until sales taper off and then readjust the silver line when they set-up...So technically the Golds will never sellout.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 03:17 by 2120Wolf.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:57

2120Wolf, we need to reign you in. No lone wolves here. New topic? It shall surely be merged. smoking smiley

Date: April 10, 2015 06:50

SharksWillCry
2120Wolf, we need to reign you in. No lone wolves here. New topic? It shall surely be merged. smoking smiley

Be my guest and merge it so it will then get lost in the shuffle....Posted it so people knew the score and did not panic...They will be selling these Golds all the way to just about showtime.....Maybe for even less than the $300.

Date: April 10, 2015 06:53

2120Wolf
SharksWillCry

Be my guest and merge it so it will then get lost in the shuffle....Posted it so people knew the score and did not panic...They will be selling these Golds all the way to just about showtime.....Maybe for even less than the $300. This is Indy middle America in 93' at the RCA Dome it was about half full...The Stones said they would never play Indy again.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 10, 2015 10:02

I got this from INDYSTONE a while back:

Here is some quick travel information for Indy

Indianapolis has crowds of over 200,000 for the Indy 500, hosts the Super Bowl and regular big name events: NCAA basketball, F1, major conventions. No other city can handle the large crowd of 100,000 for a Stones show at the track like Indianapolis can. The new downtown rebuilt for the Super Bowl has very nice and affordable hotels, bike lanes, bike rentals, museums, parks and restaurants everywhere. The International Airport was voted, again, the best in North America. We have many daily flights to Toronto for connections to Europe (I use this route myself and find it very comfortable). The airport also has public transportation/shuttles to the downtown for travelers and the track is about a 15 min drive from downtown.

All European Stones fans should feel welcome and safe in Indy. Having traveled the world myself I can say that while I love to travel, Indy is a very nice place to live with plenty to do for many people but also have space to just relax. I would suggest fans stay downtown to use the airport shuttles and all of the walkable areas near the JW Marriott, Conrad Hotel, Botanical gardens, Zoo, Museums, restaurants, etc. From downtown they can arrange taxis on call, car services or rentals to get to the track. Most hotels organize courtesy shuttles to the track for races so I think they will do the same for the Stones show.

Also, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has an amazing car museum that every traveler should see. I'm sure it will be open during the show weekend and they can also get a glimpse of the stage. We also have a well known art museum near downtown and the track that has a wonderful arts garden, Contemporary Design Gallery, and a special exhibit this summer on auto design in collaboration with the Speedway.

I hope to see many Stones fans from around the world. Safe Travels to you and all this summer.

[www.indianapolisairport.com]

[www.thealexander.com] The newest urban hotel

[www.imamuseum.org] Art Museum

[www.imamuseum.org] Art Museum

[www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com] The Speedway

[bgindy.com] Bike map

[www.visitindy.com] general information

Bjornulf

Date: April 10, 2015 17:36

pre-sale on the IMS-website:

[www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com]

Posted by: rileyf ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:10

ok what do you guys think- let's say i really want to get close to the stones and my friends don't. rather antisocially, i decide to splurge on a gold ticket even though my companions (wisely?) choose to see the show from the more modestly priced silver section. as a gold ticket holder, would i be able to mingle with my envious buddies in the silver area before the show? or will the gold wristband grant me access to only the gold area?

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:20

rileyf
ok what do you guys think- let's say i really want to get close to the stones and my friends don't. rather antisocially, i decide to splurge on a gold ticket even though my companions (wisely?) choose to see the show from the more modestly priced silver section. as a gold ticket holder, would i be able to mingle with my envious buddies in the silver area before the show? or will the gold wristband grant me access to only the gold area?

Riley,

I'm pretty sure the sections will be closed off from each other.

This set up is similar the Hyde Park shows, there will be a barricade between Gold/silver/bronze each with their own entrance

I just bought a pair of Golds for $300 from IMS pre-sale

Posted by: rileyf ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:30

bengigan
Riley,

I'm pretty sure the sections will be closed off from each other.

This set up is similar the Hyde Park shows, there will be a barricade between Gold/silver/bronze each with their own entrance

I just bought a pair of Golds for $300 from IMS pre-sale

thanks! that's sort of what i'm thinking too. friends vs. proximity- the battle continues.

Date: April 10, 2015 19:34

2120Wolf
2120Wolf
SharksWillCry

Be my guest and merge it so it will then get lost in the shuffle....Posted it so people knew the score and did not panic...They will be selling these Golds all the way to just about showtime.....Maybe for even less than the $300. This is Indy middle America in 93' at the RCA Dome it was about half full...The Stones said they would never play Indy again.

Based on the map the section for the Gold area they have marked off would hold at least 5-6000; I would be stunned if they sold that many Gold tix in Indy;
much more likely is they sell less than that and the silver barricade is actually moved forwards

Date: April 10, 2015 21:00

Anybody got any info on the different sections within the colors.
I have Silver 7.

Date: April 10, 2015 22:12

SympathyfortheJonny
I have Silver 7.

No idea, but when you find out will you please let us know.

Unless, and this would be a shame, they have decided to use and number the cattle corrals someone mentioned and they will force people into different numbered cattle pens. MOOOOOOOOOOO

I guess we will see IF people report the number on their Silver ticket and the numbers run up to 100 or so. I guess if this is case, then maybe Silver 7 will be up front and good for you.

idk

Posted by: jboug44 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 23:11

SympathyfortheJonny
I have Silver 7.

Even with general admission shows, they will still use sections, rows, seats etc... with the ticket to keep track of how many have sold and how many to sell in total. I see it all the time on my tickets when I go to shows up at Deer Creek(or Klipsch whatever) and am in the lawn.

Date: April 10, 2015 23:42

jboug44
SympathyfortheJonny
I have Silver 7.

Even with general admission shows, they will still use sections, rows, seats etc... with the ticket to keep track of how many have sold and how many to sell in total. I see it all the time on my tickets when I go to shows up at Deer Creek(or Klipsch whatever) and am in the lawn.

This.
ALL shows that have any kind of GA section are broke down into smaller sections;
a perfect recent example is the U2 tour; if you have GA tickets I believe there are 6 GA 'sections' (that only exist in the ticketing system).
I don't think there will be 'pens' at Indy except possibly a central break point through the middle for security access (so there would be 2 sections at each level, a right and a left)

Date: April 11, 2015 00:21

For grins I just tried the STINKY presale code again at the INDY website [www.ticketmaster.com] and it is interesting that ONLY the silver tickets are coming up now, whatever that means.

But ya know what? Looking it all over, of course I am planning on scalping some scalper for silver tickets outside day of the show maybe after the band comes on, BUT IF I was willing and able to spend the $300.00 on Gold GA... I could afford to spend the extra $125 to get VIP Gold GA. It is only another 33% and you are assured a primo view of Keith's side. $300-400? whats the difference?

Price:

US $395.50(US $427.00 with fees) VIP General Admission
US $275.50(US $302.00 with fees) Gold General Admission
US $99.50(US $119.00 with fees) Silver General Admission
US $59.50(US $77.00 with fees) Bronze General Admission

On the other foot, the other side of the tracks, I am planning on getting in for fiddybucks, so the VIP is not a plan for me, but for people who can afford $300, dont mess around, go ahead and spend another benjiy and VIP yourself. I guarantee it will be the best extra hundred you ever drop.

Look at the small red area... I would LOVE to be there

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-11 00:39 by Leonioid.

Date: April 11, 2015 04:09

jrcjohnny99
2120Wolf
2120Wolf
SharksWillCry

If your basing it on the map you've been tricked....

They will be selling these Golds all the way to just about showtime.....Maybe for even less than the $300.

Also if you remember correctly...during the general sale last time is when they pulled the rabbit out of there hats and offered the $89 dollar Tix...They will sell as many $300.00's as they can and drag it on...And then adjust it either way according to sales...But $300's will be avaialble for a long time...That is my point...for people not to panic and pull the hype trigger...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-11 04:15 by 2120Wolf.

Date: April 11, 2015 04:36

Actually, if I was going to be in Indy, I think I'd wait around and snag as cheap a ticket possible and then wander around. $50 dollar ticket and a fireworks show after on July 4th sounds good. The band may be sub par, but they can still put on a good spectacle.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home