Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: Raleigh NC USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 26, 2015 18:02

Go there day of show with green in hand and you will be wherever you want.
If money is an issue make a sign asking to be someones guest for a LD. I am going to in Row 14 centerish for Raleigh.

See you there!!!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 26, 2015 18:18

onlystones
Go there day of show with green in hand and you will be wherever you want.
If money is an issue make a sign asking to be someones guest for a LD. I am going to in Row 14 centerish for Raleigh.

See you there!!!

Please, what is an LD? Any additional suggestions or actual ticket pal much appreciated.

Date: May 26, 2015 18:21

Lucky Dip. There is a thread here. Also go the official web site it explains it on there.

GOOD LUCK

Date: May 27, 2015 06:22

Thank you!

Posted by: Mr1970 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 13:09

Is there any chance to get an upgraded seat the day of the show from the box office?

Date: May 27, 2015 13:36

I've been upgraded twice from TM. There worst that can happen is that they tell you no. But try it any way.

Good Luck
See your There

Date: May 27, 2015 16:22

Any suggestions about hotels near the venue? I've already tried three that are sold out.

Date: May 27, 2015 17:11

Anyone staying at Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham? They say it's about 6 miles from venue. We are not driving and I was wondering if a group of us could arrange for a limo. I think getting a cab after the show will be near impossible.

Date: May 28, 2015 05:04

Likely there will be no exchanges 72 hrs before show...

The box office is a half mile from the stadium...unless they set up trailers like back in 2009.

Driving there will be a nightmare...ask anyone who went to U2 in 2009...the last concert at CF. thousands of cars abandoned olong the interstate...folks walking 3 miles to the show and still missing the first 10 songs...I just parked on the hiway shoulder next to the stadium and only missed 2 songs.

I am not trying to scare folks...just tell it like it is. there are busses from DT Raleigh that drop you off near by, but i would not count on them for a ride home.

Downtown Raleigh is about 6 miles away. There are 2600 tickets left on StubHub...along with the 800 that went up for sale 2 weeks ago...plus all the other sites...there will be many free tickets avail on show day...that is why I am getting mine that day...paper away!!

Posted by: kohoutek ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:18

I would like to offer a balanced perspective on the traffic issues we had with U2 in 2009. I think/hope that was an anomaly. We saw the Stones at Carter-Finley in 1989, and there were no traffic issues. Yes, there was a line to exit off of I-40, but no worse than any other concert I've been to in an arena (much less a stadium), and we arrived about 90 minutes before show time. Local officials (whoever they are) have stated they know what happened with U2, have learned their lesson, and will have measures in place for preventing another fiasco. Certainly if they handled that kind of volume in 1989 (and there were other shows between then and 2009, though it had been some time since anyone played there when U2 came to town) without major incident, they can do so again. I recall someone saying part of the problem with U2 was the number of people relying on GPSs which routed everyone the same way (when their are different ways of getting to the stadium). Who knows. Maybe the plans won't be effective, but if folks don't plan to arrive in the parking lot at 8:00 PM, I'd think they'll be OK.

Date: May 28, 2015 14:51

Just spoke to a nice cab company in Raleigh. They said that drop off at venue and pick up afterwards should be no problem. Does this sound realistic or Will I end up stranded and six miles from my hotel?

Date: May 28, 2015 15:35

Sorry for all these questions but any help will be much appreciated. Looking at a map it appears that my hotel, at 1020 Buck Jones Road, is a three mile walk from the venue. If I wasn't able to get a cab back, is the area a safe one for walking??

Date: May 29, 2015 06:56

I see cabs at the arena after hockey games...usually about 3-4 cabs. ...but I dont stay there all night so I dont know what happens before/after i see them if that makes sense.

Safe to walk? As in will you get mugged?
You will be more in danger of getting run over by a drunken concert goer. Ypu also cant walk on the interstate so I would say DO NOT DO IT!! The Wyndham might have a shuttle to take you to the show...maybe even pick you up at a pre arranged time...I would certainly entertain that route brfore walking which is a TERRIBLE idea.

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:40

Raleigh Ticket Drop. 10:45AM E.S.T 5-29-15
section E row 3 seats 13,14
section E row 4 seats 15,16
Floor B row 19,20
Floor B row 10 seats 13,14
sec 22 row 2 (stage side)
now $350 (were $749 or higher).

Upgrade or Buy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 17:46 by StonesHood.

Posted by: sleepytom ()
Date: May 29, 2015 22:43

steffialicia
Sorry for all these questions but any help will be much appreciated. Looking at a map it appears that my hotel, at 1020 Buck Jones Road, is a three mile walk from the venue. If I wasn't able to get a cab back, is the area a safe one for walking??
i live in raleigh but if i needed a hotel i would probably spring for one that is right in downtown. there are a couple new ones. they are probably double what you are paying at wyndam but there is a lot more going in within walking distance before and after the show.
i live downtown so i will probably start early like 5pm, drive as close as i can get to the stadium on hillborough. find a free place to park on one of the side streets maybe near Raleigh Brewing Company or meredith college and walk the two miles to the stadium. this section of hillsborough is very walkable. be a long after the show but i think it will be OK... if there are cabs outside the stadium i might grab one but i am thinking it might be an expensive/annoying can ride sitting in traffic out of the parking lot while the meter is running...probably take my chances walking.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: May 29, 2015 22:53

What are the stadium parking arrangements?
I looked at the stadium website and the close-in parking appears to be tied to football season tickets. What are the normal parking charges for non-football events ?
I'm staying at the Doubletree Brownstone which is on the downtown side of the NC State campus. Is it walkable ?

Posted by: kohoutek ()
Date: May 29, 2015 23:52

Doubletree Brownstone is pretty far from Carter-Finley - close to 4 miles per Google Maps. Parking at the stadium won't be a problem. The football season ticket thing only applies to games. We parked right by the stadium for U2 and heard the sound check. Stones in 89 we were pretty close, too, but got their too late for sound check. You might try calling a cab company (google some) in advance and see what kind of arrangements they can make.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:03

Kohoutek,
Thanks for the information - it's good to get information from someone with actual experience.
From what I understand tail-gating is tolerated/encouraged at Carter Finley too. . . I'll probably take my truck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 00:10 by ElGeordie.

Date: May 30, 2015 01:54

sleepytom
steffialicia
i live in raleigh but if i needed a hotel i would probably spring for one that is right in downtown. there are a couple new ones. they are probably double what you are paying at wyndam but there is a lot more going in within walking distance before and after the show.
i live downtown so i will probably start early like 5pm, drive as close as i can get to the stadium on hillborough. find a free place to park on one of the side streets maybe near Raleigh Brewing Company or meredith college and walk the two miles to the stadium. this section of hillsborough is very walkable. be a long after the show but i think it will be OK... if there are cabs outside the stadium i might grab one but i am thinking it might be an expensive/annoying can ride sitting in traffic out of the parking lot while the meter is running...probably take my chances walking.

The place I registered at was the closest to the venue that I could get. Everything closer was booked solid. One of the customer service representatives is going to do some leg work for me re: cab companies the hotel often uses. My main concern is getting home after the show. Thanks for your suggestions. Can't wait!!

Date: May 30, 2015 02:16

steffialicia
sleepytom
steffialicia

The place I registered at was the closest to the venue that I could get. Everything closer was booked solid. One of the customer service representatives is going to do some leg work for me re: cab companies the hotel often uses. My main concern is getting home after the show. Thanks for your suggestions. Can't wait!!

check the hampton inn on glenwood downtown... might be a mile closer then buck jones, but you will pay more for the room... it is closer to the downtown raleigh bars though.. and there are a lot of them now

Date: May 30, 2015 03:44

Will do. Thanks.

Date: May 30, 2015 05:56

so the avett brothers are opening? it is pretty cool that the stones are getting these smallish local bands to open... as long as it doesn't mean less time with the stones on stage... avetts are ok as long as they don't whine too much. they aren't gonna help ticket sales but i am not sure who would? guess they aren't concerned ; )

Date: May 30, 2015 15:32

Does anyone know how many seats comprise the width of section c and the order in which they run? If not, any suggestions of how I might find out? Thanks.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 30, 2015 15:42

The seats run left to right. Seat 1 is by the catwalk. Along the catwalk, there are 14 seats in each row. At the back of the section, there are 20 seats. Use the Buy-On-Map feature on Ticketmaster.com.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Date: May 30, 2015 16:37

Thanks. I know my row (6) but don't yet have seat no. Praying for seat 1, but I'm thrilled either way. Glad to know it's fairly narrow.

Date: May 31, 2015 04:06

parking for NHL is 15 dollars...I think the same for the circus. Special events like this can be 20 dollars and up. parking at the Backyard will be 20 dollars per their management.

Seating, is normal like in most American venues...seat 1 is closest to the center.

Seat geeks has the ROWs laid out nicely so you can see how far back you are.

Date: May 31, 2015 04:26

Anybody got a link to seat geeks for the Raleigh show?

Date: May 31, 2015 20:36

onlystones
Anybody got a link to seat geeks for the Raleigh show?

JFGI

Posted by: ks1982 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 19:30

Does anyone have any advice on whether the $168 seats are that much better than hoping the Lucky Dips come back? I have no experience at all with going to these concerts, but I am hoping to attend this one and I'm waiting to find a mixture of the best deal and good seats. If I'm going to be watching a screen even from the lower level, I probably would rather just go in the higher seating. Thanks for any advice!

beer garden
Posted by: chiller99 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:24

Bigger Bang tour stop in Durham NC had a beer garden section since the stadiums dont sell beer or wine .Any thing similar planed for Zip Code in Raleigh?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1926
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home