Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: Raleigh NC USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Date: May 6, 2015 02:56

MidnightDevilRambler
FrayedandTorn

Success! Third time was the charm. Section 5 here we come. Thanks for the assist MidnightDevilRambler, sleepytom and undercover!

Glad I was able to help. See you there!

That is AWESOME!!
Glad I helped (if youcan call it that)

See ya at the show!!

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: May 7, 2015 20:23

Ticket Drop Floor B and E. Some Emerald VIP seats @ $1249.00 now $350. Buy or Upgrade time

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-07 20:38 by StonesHood.

Posted by: kohoutek ()
Date: May 7, 2015 21:49

Considering upgrading, but I am uncertain about sight lines from 15th row floor. OK, I know that sounds weird, but I have little experience with floor in stadiums. I've done 15th (and 1st and 20th, etc.) row in arenas before with no problem, but the scale in stadiums is so different. I know the stages are higher. My group of 4 ranges in height from 5'2" to 5'9". We did manage to get into the ring for U2 360, but the stage was so freaking high we actually couldn't see, I mean, not at all. We retreated to our lower level seats (which I also had) so we could see the dang show. I'm thinking 15th row or so back, though, ought to be pretty good. Of course there's no telling if NCSU or UNC basketball players will have the seats in front of us, but that's a chance one always takes. Thoughts?

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 7, 2015 21:56

I just exchanged Fl E row 16 for Fl B row 10. No charge from TM.(paid face aprox $400) Based on Europe '14, you should have no problem seeing from row 15 especially in sections B, C, D or E.

Date: May 7, 2015 23:29

kohoutek
Considering upgrading, but I am uncertain about sight lines from 15th row floor. OK, I know that sounds weird, but I have little experience with floor in stadiums. I've done 15th (and 1st and 20th, etc.) row in arenas before with no problem, but the scale in stadiums is so different. I know the stages are higher. My group of 4 ranges in height from 5'2" to 5'9". We did manage to get into the ring for U2 360, but the stage was so freaking high we actually couldn't see, I mean, not at all. We retreated to our lower level seats (which I also had) so we could see the dang show. I'm thinking 15th row or so back, though, ought to be pretty good. Of course there's no telling if NCSU or UNC basketball players will have the seats in front of us, but that's a chance one always takes. Thoughts?

Stones always have huge/excellent state of art video screens for all to see from anywhere- plus the catwalk view - depending on your row. The sound kicks great (imo) in the middle and the scale isn't that much different from stage to seat be it Arena or Stadium. I would upgrade. Upgrade to Flr B row 18 seats 1+ and be on the aisle or row 17 ...but hurry..i think its too late now

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-07 23:47 by StonesHood.

Posted by: OpenGspot ()
Date: May 8, 2015 03:25

After seeing them in Newark (best show of theirs I'd seen) and DC I was planning to pass on this go 'round. Couldn't stand it any longer. Saw the seats for section B row 14 today at $350 per and bought them on impulse. Am stoked for the show and hoping to finally meet many of you there!!

Date: May 8, 2015 17:20

$350 on row 4 and 5 now. Floor E and B. Time to upgrade- exchange@ (1-800-653-8000) or buy

Date: May 8, 2015 17:41

Ugh! I tired to exchange, and they told me they couldn't do it because I had presale tickets. Anyone else get this message? I'm pretty happy with our seats anyway (Sec 22, row Q), but this would have been a pretty sweet upgrade. Good luck, everyone.

Date: May 8, 2015 17:52

kohoutek
Ugh! I tired to exchange, and they told me they couldn't do it because I had presale tickets. Anyone else get this message? I'm pretty happy with our seats anyway (Sec 22, row Q), but this would have been a pretty sweet upgrade. Good luck, everyone.

Keep trying ..call again..same price shouldn't matter..you get one upgrade...try as many reps as it takes

Posted by: StollingRones ()
Date: May 8, 2015 18:01

I also had tickets in presale, and I called last night and upgraded no problem - moved up 15 rows in Floor B.

The CS rep was awesome - I had the tickets in my cart and all she had to do was grab them as soon as I released them back into the system. Worked flawlessly, she was awesome. She also offered me as close as row 5, but I took seats closer to the aisle instead.

One of the few times I actually agreed to take a survey afterward.

Call back - try again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-08 18:02 by StollingRones.

Date: May 8, 2015 18:09

I decided to keep trying before I saw y'all's posts. 2nd rep said "I don't see any restrictions that say we can't." Moved from Sec 22 row Q to row E. We like being a little elevated as we're height challenged :-). Thanks to all keeping folks posted on drops! There are still lots of great seats that have gone from VIP to $350. And still good $250s in sections 5 and 20. Get 'em!

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 8, 2015 18:31

Upgraded second time from Sec FL B row 10 to Sec FL E Row 4. Comparable seat numbers. Inquired about my other tkts to Orlando and Nashville and was told that they were both pre-sale and could not be exchanged. The TM agent sounded really in a hurry and may have told me that to get me off the phone. I didn't push the issue because I have row 10(ORL) and row 14 (NSH).

Date: May 8, 2015 22:50

Hmmm... I just checked, and they have taken down the "Buy on map" function for Raleigh. I wonder if that was driving too many exchange requests so they decided to move it back to "best available." It's still possible to find out if better seats are available, but it's a little harder to be selective without full visibility.

Posted by: StollingRones ()
Date: May 9, 2015 00:20

I think that's why it's gone. I didn't use it though- I called and asked for the tickets that were in my shopping cart. I had to release them so the agent could select them, but it still worked out nicely.

I think you can just keep refreshing the best available and then call when you have the seats you want in your cart. The hard part is getting an agent before the time expires. I think you can hit 'retry for these seats' and usually get thenm back.

Date: May 9, 2015 00:46

The Buy on Map/pick your own seats Raleigh has been up for Me all day , and still is.
Just click the tickets you want , the blue dots turn black then call, You don't have to put them in your cart for like 15 mins... click over them to release when rep says so. Good Luck buying or exchanging to all !

Posted by: KJ56 ()
Date: May 9, 2015 23:24

sleepytom
so it looks like you can't exchange VIP packages... anybody had any luck upgrading from a VIP package? I have a silver package that is in the upper level , not as good as the lower level $250 seats that dropped last week.

I had some platinum seats and no luck dealing with TM. Finally asked for a supervisor and she gave me a number for Platinum ticket calls. Apparently the regular TM folks cannot work with them, dont know why the reps dont tell you this but the number is 1-877-446-9450. I think they deal with VIP as well, if not maybe they can give you a contact. The Reps i have talked to at this number have been very nice.

ALSO with your regular TM exchanges etc it may take lots of calls i was told no by email, no by phone many times and finally got a very nice and helpful rep a couple of times and got all my exchanges done. May have to do with the timing of the ticket drops and how tickets are selling, dont know but i started calling Thursday (May 8) and it was like a whole new ballgame!!! Talked to a great lady named Grace and had a problem later and a very nice lady named Nelda really went above and beyond to help me get the seats i was after. No need to be ugly, gets you nowhere but you have to be persistent and just keep calling back

Date: May 9, 2015 23:31

If you look on stub hub you will notice some sections that have zero tickets for sale i'm betting these will be the lucky dips plus a few randomly scattered awesome seats but i emphasize FEW

Date: May 9, 2015 23:38

Sleepytom. See my very long winded post above.....might help with your VIP issue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-10 03:55 by KJ56.

Posted by: sleepytom ()
Date: May 10, 2015 05:47

KJ56
sleepytom
so it looks like you can't exchange VIP packages... anybody had any luck upgrading from a VIP package? I have a silver package that is in the upper level , not as good as the lower level $250 seats that dropped last week.

I had some platinum seats and no luck dealing with TM. Finally asked for a supervisor and she gave me a number for Platinum ticket calls. Apparently the regular TM folks cannot work with them, dont know why the reps dont tell you this but the number is 1-877-446-9450. I think they deal with VIP as well, if not maybe they can give you a contact. The Reps i have talked to at this number have been very nice.

ALSO with your regular TM exchanges etc it may take lots of calls i was told no by email, no by phone many times and finally got a very nice and helpful rep a couple of times and got all my exchanges done. May have to do with the timing of the ticket drops and how tickets are selling, dont know but i started calling Thursday (May 8) and it was like a whole new ballgame!!! Talked to a great lady named Grace and had a problem later and a very nice lady named Nelda really went above and beyond to help me get the seats i was after. No need to be ugly, gets you nowhere but you have to be persistent and just keep calling back

Thanks for your help. i will try calling this number and see what they can do now. it is weird how the rules are constantly changing... i guess it's all based on how seats are selling. I really appreciate you calling my attention to this... i had given up trying to upgrade my vip seat.

Date: May 12, 2015 03:25

You are most welcome. I am still trying to deal with them on a refund for 2 extra platinum tix we wound up with for nahville. The 1st day of presale the website was acting so crazy , not able to process requests and couldnt pull anything with best available option. Finally called my daughter to help me get tickets and we would get all the way to selecting credit card , think we finally got tix and then it would error out. Finally got it to work but unfortunately we both got tickets LOL. So far no luck on a refund sad smiley

Date: May 13, 2015 05:09

hey KJ56, ouch. yeah bet that is a large bill for 4 platnium tix. i hope tm gives you a break and refunds 2 of them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-13 13:00 by sleepytom.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 14, 2015 00:59

They are charging $250 for the highest level on top of the stadium (sec. C102) while seats at floor level are available for $150? I don't get the pricing here...

Date: May 14, 2015 18:31

Stonesfan2146
They are charging $250 for the highest level on top of the stadium (sec. C102) while seats at floor level are available for $150? I don't get the pricing here...

Got the pricing technique from the airlines....confused smiley

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: May 15, 2015 01:12

Tried to exchange my VIP tic again today. No luck today with the VIP phone number i had. Geuss i will keep trying.

Date: May 15, 2015 03:04

KJ56
You are most welcome. I am still trying to deal with them on a refund for 2 extra platinum tix we wound up with for nahville. The 1st day of presale the website was acting so crazy , not able to process requests and couldnt pull anything with best available option. Finally called my daughter to help me get tickets and we would get all the way to selecting credit card , think we finally got tix and then it would error out. Finally got it to work but unfortunately we both got tickets LOL. So far no luck on a refund sad smiley

Worse come to worse KJ...you can always donate them to a worthy cause for auction...and take the write off...I think you would be able to take the final cost (if they are auctioned off, for example) or the actual cost, which ever is greater.

Talk to your accountant for details. I have always been able to write stuff off I have donated to auctions. I dont know if there is a limit.

Date: May 15, 2015 16:48

Thanks i will check in to that.

Date: May 16, 2015 07:09

?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-17 15:15 by sleepytom.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: May 18, 2015 13:41

It looks like the promoters are blinking: Sections 5 and 20 now have a lot of $168 tickets available for seats that were previously $272.

Posted by: haukej ()
Date: May 19, 2015 00:20

just changed from back to front. awesome and nice people at TM. Looking forward to San Diego, Raleigh and Indianapolis. What a year !

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 26, 2015 17:56

Suggestions please. Just went to SD and OMG, I need more. I will be on my own and am looking for a seriously good (first 3 rows on floor, preferably in center sections but towards right.). I would appreciate any help or directives a fellow iorr person can offer me.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home