Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: Raleigh NC USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: sleepytom ()
Date: April 17, 2015 22:25

just wanted to let people know who haven't gotten a ticket yet that i saw a third row in section A for sale yesterday on the ticketmaster site... it is on the sidelines, it aint section d but it is third row...and it is on keith's side of the stage... i am wishing i had waited to buy since i am in the same row but on the other side of the stage in section f.

this section A ticket came up 3 days after the general public sale started and about a week past the first presale... so i guess there is still time to get lucky and hit the search button right when the best available is actually a decent seat... seems to be totally random when those good seats actually appear. when i have searched lately best available on the floor is almost always row 30 or so... keep trying maybe you will hit it and a section D row three will drop for YOU ; )

Date: April 17, 2015 23:02

This will happen as folks buy/dont buy hotel packages etc...there might even bit another LD perhaps for the scattered (or is that shattered?) seats. A friend is giving me his LD 2nd ticket...I got rid of my D section tickets to someone who REALLY wants to surprise his partner with great seats and show...they have never seen the band before. I am a softy (but always with a back up, LOL) Who knows...maybe our LD will be right next to them!!

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 18, 2015 01:33

For all you Raleigh attendees, just noticed TM has added a "choose your seat" map. You can see/choose actual seats you want. Lot of packages but also some regular seating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 01:33 by Snoopy.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: April 18, 2015 16:36

Seat numbers at the b-stage don't match what customer service has been telling people. Seat number in Columbus are reversed.

Date: April 18, 2015 20:23

There is no B stage...it is the same as the last Euro tour. A runway for Mick and Keef to walk out onto...don't expect a B stage set...

For all you Raleigh attendees, just noticed TM has added a "choose your seat" map. You can see/choose actual seats you want. Lot of packages but also some regular seating

GREAT! This will make my Diamond vs Platinum purchase decisions so much easier.

These might be the Lucky Dip seats!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 21:43 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Date: April 18, 2015 21:41

These will be the Lucky Dip seats!!

Really?! Is that what usually happens?

Date: April 18, 2015 21:47

Snoopy
These will be the Lucky Dip seats!!

Really?! Is that what usually happens?

I changfed my post to read /might/...I didnt mean to sound so authoritative. They would not want huge gaps in the front of the venue or noticable lack of bodies to tarp up. So...I feel they lucky dips will fill the gaps as well as maybe a papering of free/super reduced tickets one or two days before the show.
U2 did that the day before...$31.00 tickets all throughout the $275.00 seats and next to once the stage was set up and they saw more seats were able to be sold.

Happens more often than you think

Date: April 18, 2015 21:58

Good to know!

I've already mentioned this elsewhere on this forum, but haven't seen Stones since '81 and am wayyyyy out of how the whole ticket process works these days.

Since I'm attending multiple shows my plan is get one great ticket, and then go on the cheap for the rest.

Date: April 18, 2015 22:27

Sounds like a plan. If you stick with it, you will have a great touring expirience, IMO

Posted by: Maura94 ()
Date: April 20, 2015 16:46

Hi, I'm going to Nashville alone but would love to take my daughter to Raleigh. She loves Keith. Anyone have any section B tickets for sale?

Thanks

Date: April 20, 2015 21:43

There are plenty of Sec B tickets available...$949 - $1249 - $1749...

Date: April 20, 2015 23:21

Their half that on stubhub! Crazy...

Date: April 20, 2015 23:34

Any hotel suggestions near the stadium? Stay in Chapel Hill or Raleigh? Where is everyone staying? Thanks driving down from Jersey and haven't a clue.
Thanks!

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: April 21, 2015 00:44

I got me and the kids in at the Doubletree Brownstone; which I believe is less than 4 miles from the stadium. We live in VA and I didn't fancy the drive home after the show.

Posted by: kohoutek ()
Date: April 21, 2015 01:50

I think hotel suggestions depend on multiple factors, including whether you're looking to explore the area before or after, whether you're looking for "night life" (I'm not sure what that is - I call it live music of which we have PLENTY, but there are bars, restaurants, etc.), and how much you're looking to spend. The stadium is not walking distance from much of anything (it's in the fair grounds), so being close isn't really an option.

Chapel Hill is great if you're looking for a quintessential college town atmosphere. Granted, it being summer, it won't be nearly as lively as during school, but still plenty of good restaurants and bars on Franklin Street and nearby. To be walking distance from those, you could look at The Carolina Inn (likely to be pricey, and it's a hoity toity, Southern, genteel sort of place, but you might get a good rate mid summer) or The Franklin Hotel.

Raleigh also has lots of good bars, restaurants, and rock clubs, though they are more spread out. The Sheraton and Marriott downtown are walking distance from a good number of spots. There's a Hampton Inn in the Glenwood South area (highest density of bars/restaurants).

If you're looking to make it a late night, with luck and decent traffic management you'd be back in Chapel Hill or Raleigh in time to grab a celebratory post show drink (alcohol can't be served after 2:00 AM; hence, everything shuts down by then).

If you're looking for a place to check in a couple hours before you head to the show, crash immediately after, no "nightlife," your best bet might be Cary. There is a Hilton Garden Inn, and Doubletree and a Holiday Inn all adjacent to each other by the Crossroads shopping area in Cary. Those might provide as easy access as any place to the fairgrounds / stadium.

I will forewarn you that traffic is likely to be a problem. Carter Finley hosted concerts in the past (I saw the Stones there in '89) without major traffic problems, but for some reason the last one they hosted (U2 in 2009) was a traffic disaster. A LOT of people missed a good part if not all of the show do to traffic, people abandoned cars on the interstate, etc. Supposedly local officials "know what happened" (multiple routes into the stadium, but everyone's GPS routed them the same way) and how to prevent it, but I would just plan to get to the stadium by 4:00 or 5:00 (you don't want to deal w/ rush hour traffic on top of concert traffic) and tailgate.

Date: April 21, 2015 02:26

Maura...I live in CHill...it is 25 minutes away...but with the traffic that is guarenteed to be generated that night...it will be close to 2 hrs.

I would suggest maybe Hotel Indigo...or Sheraton Imperial...close enough...The hotels right by the stadium are in the middle of NOWHERE...as in you will have to drive to eat...shop...and NOTHING to walk to . The Whole Foods is about 2 miles from the stadium.

How long will you be down here for? DT Raleigh is about 6-8 miles away, depending on what part of DT...Plenty of smaller RedRoofInns and the such all over the place.

If you tell me what your wish list is, i can toss you a few suggestions...price? Location? City? Corporate? The Bed Bug Motel?...You tell me.

Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: April 21, 2015 14:12

Where would be the best place to stay downtown?

Date: April 21, 2015 19:52

Define your "best"...the VIP packages are staying at the Marriott...so you may want to consider that and see what kind of adventure awaits for you?

Date: April 22, 2015 00:05

UndercoverLovingcup, I am now flying as I was able to use miles so I wont have a car. We want to be able to go out for dinner/drinks. Staying 2 nights. How would you even get to the stadium without a car. You guys have Uber?

VIP Marriot where? Chapel Hill. Plan to go to venue early to hopefully tailgate. Not getting stuck in traffic and dont want to walk 5 miles.

Thanks

Date: April 22, 2015 00:38

The VIP Marriot is in Raleigh. Plenty of great spots in walking distance (or rickshaw ride). We do have Uber.

Date: April 22, 2015 05:02

There is even public transit from RDU to DT...2 bucks every half hour. DT would be a nice spot. I dont live in Raleigh, like i said...only been 2 or 3 times in DT (only once at night)...It is too far to really offer me anything I cant get in Chapel Hill or Durham...about 40 miles to the heart of DT

Posted by: KJ56 ()
Date: April 22, 2015 06:19

We are attending Raleigh, staying at the Hampton Glenwood. need advice for transportation to the stadium. Is there public transportation or should we plan on taxi? Sounds like we need to plan to leave very early. Anywhere around the stadium to have a drink or light eats if we arrive quite early? Wonder if alcohol will be served at this show, a lot of college stadiums don't?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-22 06:20 by KJ56.

Date: April 22, 2015 07:09

I know of only one place reasonably close to the Stadium - Backyard Bistro. I mean, it's not like bar food is high end cuisine, but as bar food goes, I don't recall that place being the best. I suspect it will be slammed. I don't know what bus service is like between downtown and the stadium, but I bet someone at the Hampton could help (or do a little research on Google). Getting a cab or Uber shouldn't be a problem.

I am skeptical on them selling beer at the stadium but hope I am wrong. They did sell beer when they played Wallace Wade stadium (Duke) down the road in 2005, but when U2 played Carter Finley in 2009, no alcohol was sold. It's unfortunate that the stadium isn't walking or easy driving distance from restaurants and bars. Hence tailgating is the best option. You might consider a rental car (assume you're flying in) for that purpose.

Date: April 22, 2015 07:24

A friend and I were talking about the Beer sales...I do not think that the stadium is licensed for alcohol (except the chancellors bar or the Wolf pack lounge (not accessible to the public).

I would count on NO ALCOHOL as (I think) Wake Forest is the only school that I know that serves at their games.

Backyard is the only place around except one or two fast food joints, and even that is from the Freezer to the Fryer.... There is NO WHERE to walk to around the stadium.
I usually go to Whole Foods 2 miles down Wade Ave before a hockey game or concert for a good meal and beers for there and the lot.

So...either TAILGATE...or eat before you go..or a combo.

For Glenwood Hotel...the 100 bus is 2 bucks...40 minutes directly (mostly) to the show...riding home????

Date: April 22, 2015 16:27

Hi Guys,

Really want a hotel with an outdoor pool. They all seem to be in Crabtree. Is this far from Stadium and downtown. In mlooking Comfort inn next to stadium seems the best but sold out!

Want to hang out downtown on the 30th and the probably go over to that backyard bistro early.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 22, 2015 17:09

There are plenty of hotels near the airport and RTP area. Just leave early enough to go to the venue.

Public transportation is almost non existent in the Raleigh area.

Date: April 22, 2015 17:29

I'm hoping that the hotel might have a shuttle bus.
Either that or my 12 year old's going to learn to drive a truck on the way back . . . j/k.

Date: April 23, 2015 00:53

Two entire half sections just opened up for Raleigh.
Well, they just dropped the upper halfnumbers of section 5 the lower half numbers of section 20. All tickets for $250 - including front rows !
These are lower level bleachers and had been held back until today.
I originally bought row KK in section 5 during the presales now they've opened up rows a through GG in those sections.
These are over 1000 tickets held back from early buyers.
I've already upgraded once - I don't think they'll let me do it again. Why are they treating the real fans like crap ?

Date: April 23, 2015 04:57

Why do you feel that AEG owes you anything?

Posted by: sleepytom ()
Date: April 23, 2015 05:24

thanks for posting this info. how do you go about upgrading your ticket? will ticketmaster do that?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home