Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: Raleigh NC USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 7, 2015 21:40

The lottery procedure sounds a lot like how Ticketmaster used to handle tickets for anyone who'd show up at their Ticketmaster outlets to get tickets. This was during the day when you bought tickets in person instead of online The lottery was where your tickets were going to be in the venue---everyone got random seats based on the number you have and wasn't based on the order in which you arrived. I guess their attempt on being fair to everyone who showed up. Sounds like that's what they're doing at this venue.

Date: April 7, 2015 23:23

Sounds like they just want a sense of order and not chaos in a small enclosed area...and a bit of fairness in there as well. Though I wonder why anyone would show up at 6am if it gives you the same chances at at 8am?

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: April 8, 2015 05:44

Has anyone received any emails/ alerts from justakissaway.rocks?

Date: April 8, 2015 07:31

BustedButton
Has anyone received any emails/ alerts from justakissaway.rocks?

Just the first ones they sent out...I would not expect anymore until after the sales...maybe to announce Lucky Dips or the like...

Date: April 8, 2015 13:54

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE USING PRE_SALES TODAY!!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:21

I'm in. Sect e row 5!

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:31

Got 3 tix in Sec E row 2. Have the seat numbers but have no idea if the seats are toward center stage or the end of the stage. Does anybody know how the numbering goes?

Posted by: stonedbeggar ()
Date: April 8, 2015 20:42

Got floor b row 5 seat 22 vip. Keith's side of the stage!!

Posted by: kohoutek ()
Date: April 8, 2015 21:43

oldfan
Got 3 tix in Sec E row 2. Have the seat numbers but have no idea if the seats are toward center stage or the end of the stage. Does anybody know how the numbering goes?

Seating chart shows seat # 1 on floor sections is always toward center stage. The chart does not show which end of each row is seat # 1 on non-floor seats which is what I am trying to figure out. Got section 22 row Q, so quite happy all considering.

Date: April 8, 2015 23:03

Got'em. Tougher in Ticketmaster for these than TicketAlternative for the Atlanta tickets.

Just off the field near 40yd line in Section 6, Row I.

Good luck, see you there!

Mike

Date: April 9, 2015 01:03

I turned everything down today...i had my limits on the $150.00 seats...will try again tomorrow...and maybe the lottery at the PNC arena...otherwise i will score cheap tickets day of show (if not lucky dip).

Congrats everyone!!!

Date: April 9, 2015 03:32

They stopped dropping tickets for tonite it seems. Sad thing is...there will be more tickets at all prices and likly better as well during the general sales when ALL tickets are available...afterall...it seems all the ones that were sold last week were all in the same sections...evidence: all secondary shops seemed to be in the same sections...evidence: today, to me it seemed as if the same sections for each price range kept on coming up...etc.

Posted by: sleepytom ()
Date: April 9, 2015 14:51

has anyone found a seat chart that shows where exact seats are in carter finely? every chart i have seen for this place only shows sections?

Date: April 9, 2015 14:53

looking for a seat chart that shows more detail .. like rows and seats.... anyone seen one anywhere for carter finely?

Date: April 9, 2015 17:32

The stadium does not have seats...it is only bench seating

Date: April 9, 2015 17:37

oops...see next for the interactive map

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 02:05 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Date: April 9, 2015 17:39

[ev10.evenue.net]

Interactive Raleigh SEAT MAP...pretty much anything behind the left side 40 yd line...you will just be watching a very large TV if you buy during presales...the best seats will be dropped on Monday or later

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-09 19:50 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Date: April 10, 2015 03:58

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: April 10, 2015 08:26

Undercoverlovingcup, I have also seen pre-sales with the passcode "SHATTERED"

This is coming from the former head of ticket sales at the PNC box office as-of one year ago.

He also told me that the PNC arena, who handles the box office for Carter Finley Events, does not get any floor seats, from the promoter, for these types of concerts. So, he's not even sure if the PNC will have floor seats available for $350 in the lottery.

Thanks for all your input... have you bought tickets yet???!!

My mom wants to go, she saw them in 66' when she was 16 and REALLY wants to go again. I've seen them 5 times in the last 2 years and agree seats prices go down, but I really don't want to wait for the fire sale 1 day before the concert or day of.

Your thoughts????

Also, I'm tailgating before the show would love to meet, drink and talk with everyone before the show ... LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 08:28 by BustedButton.

Date: April 12, 2015 04:19

Hey BB!!

No...I have not gotten my tickets yet...The prices for the sections, which to me were not so clear cut, are mor3e obvious now (what $100 gets you what $150 can get you etc)...Interesting about the floor seats at the BO...

There hasn't been a show there since 2009/10 with U2's 360 tour...so I dont know how reliable your friends info is/isn't...just sayin'...BTW...for U2...they dropped tickets for that the day before for $31.00...I grabbed 2 and sat with the @275 folks!!...never heard/knew that about floor seats...doesn't make seense to me..but know I will NOT be spending $371.00 on ANY seat for this show no matter what.

Seen the band many times already...and would love to see them one last time (this and/or Bufallo will likely be my last time(s) )...they are in my backyard and I likely not go without seeing them. I will decide what to do about the gen sale on Monday as better seats get released/dropped...I think the Gen sale will be softer than anticipated...and if lucky dips do happen...I would take my chances with that as well...there will be plenty of folks selling in the lot as well.

2006 scored my group tickets for $10.00 (TEN) and $20.00 (twenty) tickets at the shows...I cannot let myself get caught of in a frenzy whose point is to sell the worst seats first...

Yes...lets all hook up...i will probobly leave work around 2 or so and head over to Whole foods for early dinner/late lunch and a few beers...then scout out some free parking and stroll thru the lot.

My thoughts? ABout your mom going? YES...take your mom...she is 65 years old...treat her to a show...you are very fortunate to even be able to consider doing that with her...many not so lucky or desire to.

ABout tickets? like I said...dont get caught up in the frenzy...set a limit for yourself...here is a nice post from the ROCKSOFF admin, Gazza (who also posts here at times)...it puts many things into perspective:

Just another couple of tips, based on personal experience and this should work for most Stones shows that arent in theatres or markets like New York, LA etc where its genuinely hard to get a bargain for arena shows (so not relevant for this tour)

Obviously if you happen to be dripping in money and dont have any qualms about paying four figure sums for a concert ticket, you can stop reading now!

Otherwise :

1. Do not buy tickets off a broker or resale site at this stage (in fact dont do it all unless its near showtime and youre desperate). For the next few weeks they'll be full of chancers offering to re-sell tickets to the gullible and the desperate. Even if a show is listed officially as 'sold out' its a misleading claim. Many of the tickets have been bought by people who arent going to go - and others will be released officially in coming weeks. If the secondary ticket market has thousands of tickets left for a show which is only a week or two away, the prices will tumble. Who wants to be left with a $400 ticket that they cant sell?

2. If you want a good or very good seat (say the $400 - 250 range) but all you can get at in presales and public sales are nosebleeds - consider getting those seats. Your first priority is to get in the door. Your mission over the next few weeks is to get a better type of ticket that you'll be happy with and which is at a price that you wont regret afterwards

3. Most people on here have access to social media, fan forums (this one, IORR, Shidoobee etc) and have like minded Stones fans as acquaintances. Make the most of those contacts. Keep an eye on the forums for people offloading surplus tickets.

Its basically a precondition on fan forums that people do this without making a profit, so you shouldnt be expecting to pay any more than what the seller paid for them (including TM charges etc)

The law of averages dictates that if, say, 40,000 people buy tickets for a show that theyre genuinely intending to go to, there will be hundreds of those people who will have genuine unforeseen circumstances which will mean they cant go - these people will be very anxious to get rid of their tickets as quickly and painlessly as possible, especially if they cost them a lot of money. They may even be happy to offload them for less than face value, especially if its near to the date of the show.

4. There'll almost certainly be ticket drops. They may or may not be announced officially so regular checks on TM and fan forums are useful.

5. If a show is selling slowly and its only a few weeks away, the promoter may do a 'firesale' offer to get the venue filled - 2 for the price of 1, etc. $250 tickets sold for $180 or something. These are huge venues and they only have about 7-10 weeks to sell what are expensive tickets in terms of stadium gigs.

6. If you get the ticket(s) you want by the above methods, use the fan forums, social media. local newspapers or ticket selling sites (Viagogo etc) to offload the cheaper tickets you bought. As you may not have a lot of time to complete the deal and send the tickets to the buyer, dont be too anxious to get more than what you paid for them. Ideally go for a quick sale in a way which means you dont lose money.

And if it does mean you have to sell a $150 for $120 in the end - well, you were considering paying $800 for a $400 value ticket to begin with, werent you? You wont miss it. With a bit of luck, you may have even made up that $30 by getting your new tickets for below face value.

Remember...RocksOff Rulz You Bastards!! LOL

Date: April 14, 2015 02:49

Anyone score today with the Lucky Dips??

I'll take your 2nd if you have one for raleigh!!

I missed out on LDTix today...i will wait till the next fire sale i suppose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 20:28 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Date: April 15, 2015 04:58

schoolkids records in raleigh is pretty good. they sell records and they have beer taps. raleigh has a bunch of decent bars they are mostly downtown. check out Kings, slims and the pour house for music. check out the flying saucer for beer and nice waits.

Date: April 15, 2015 06:10

thanks for the interactive map. i got a seat on the field far left sideline facing the stage. it is 3rd row but not sure how good it will be so far over unless i can wear stilts. do you have any thoughts about a third row on the sidelines?

Date: April 15, 2015 22:40

The stadium is pretty narrow for a football field...the space between the field and seats is much more narrower than you would think...I do think this is probobly the best stadium visually for the tour.

Date: April 15, 2015 22:41

sleepytom
schoolkids records in raleigh is pretty good. they sell records and they have beer taps. raleigh has a bunch of decent bars they are mostly downtown. check out Kings, slims and the pour house for music. check out the flying saucer for beer and nice waits.

Big fan of raleigh times...great food...great beer selection...

Date: April 16, 2015 13:29

UndercoverLovingcup
The stadium is pretty narrow for a football field...the space between the field and seats is much more narrower than you would think...I do think this is probobly the best stadium visually for the tour.

thanks for this. really good to hear that you consider carter finely a good and smallish stadium. so maybe third row in section F will be good? do you know what sort of seats they put on the field? i am guessing just folding chairs?

Date: April 16, 2015 14:49

They do not have concert there often...last time was U2's 360 and that wag GA on the field. Folding would sound right as it is a University stadium and the chair thing would be what they have for commencment.
The stadium itself is all bench seating, i know that.

Of course all these maps are not perfect, but the first row of sec F seems to start at the 25 yard line...so use the map i supplied and imagine you on the field since the mapview is taken from center of lower stadium.

I hope that helps

Date: April 16, 2015 15:45

UndercoverLovingcup
They do not have concert there often...last time was U2's 360 and that wag GA on the field. Folding would sound right as it is a University stadium and the chair thing would be what they have for commencment.
The stadium itself is all bench seating, i know that.

Of course all these maps are not perfect, but the first row of sec F seems to start at the 25 yard line...so use the map i supplied and imagine you on the field since the mapview is taken from center of lower stadium.

I hope that helps

Thanks, that does help. section f does look to be set back a bit from the others. i guess that is what worries me.. just how far back is hard to tell... what do you think?

Date: April 16, 2015 20:05

What do I think???

You will have the time of your life!!

Date: April 16, 2015 20:34

i was hoping you would say something like that! thanks! i read your post about getting a seat in sec D sounds.. like you will have a good time too!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home