Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: Kansas City MO USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 7, 2015 16:47

jumpontopofmebaby
Holy Moly

Just did my daily ticket check for Kansas City. You still can get 8 tickets in Section B on row 13 wowsa

Also Section 103.

Something has to give soon

Might mention the current price when you do your reports

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-07 16:48 by Leonioid.

Date: May 7, 2015 17:03

fwiw- something I have done for years for my personal
ease of accces and a lil extra room, versus being crammed
into the middle of a row.

If there are plenty of tickets available and time is
not critical (meaning if you don't have to grab tickets quick)

So on a casual day like right now... if you are buying 2 tickets
and you are checking and they are going to put you in the middle
of a row, ask them if it is possible to go back one row and be on
the aisle. Of course take into consideration your directional
view of the stage and which aisle you might want to be on.

One side is usually better than other considering people always
walking up and down.

These tickets held for: 02:41 [www.ticketmaster.com]
2 tickets best available
Sec FLR B Row 13, Seats 2-3
$369.60 ea

8 tickets best available
These tickets held for: 02:33
Sec FLR H Row 5, Seats 7-14
$369.60 ea
Details

8 tickets best lower level
These tickets held for: 02:44
Sec 103 Row 12, Seats 1-8
$369.60 ea
Details

2 tickets best lower level
These tickets held for: 02:40
Sec 103 Row 5, Seats 15-16
$369.60 ea
Details

2 $165 tickets
These tickets held for: 02:39
Sec 128 Row 19, Seats 19-20
$165.70 ea
Details

8 $165 tickets
These tickets held for: 02:45
Sec 128 Row 20, Seats 1-8
$165.70 ea

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-07 17:17 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: May 7, 2015 19:44

Thanks to all above here on IORR for the help and advice given - will check it out...

"till the next time..."

Star

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: May 8, 2015 02:38

Well crapola, a ticket just came up section B row 13 for face so based on Leonoid's advice to get as close as possible I grabbed it!

Now I have to pass along my two KC tickets for section 119. At this point I don't know that I can afford to give away my extras like I did for Nashville and Columbus, so asking what I paid which was face + TM fee if anyone interested: ak49@live.com

If they don't sell, who knows, get a beer in me before the show and I might do something stupid like give 'em away smiling smiley

Date: May 8, 2015 08:25

Snoopy
Well crapola, a ticket just came up section B row 13 for face so based on Leonoid's advice to get as close as possible I grabbed it!

Now I have to pass along my two KC tickets for section 119. At this point I don't know that I can afford to give away my extras like I did for Nashville and Columbus, so asking what I paid which was face + TM fee if anyone interested: ak49@live.com

If they don't sell, who knows, get a beer in me before the show and I might do something stupid like give 'em away smiling smiley
You will be able to sell them. I have never done that using ebay or stubhub, but reading on other threads they say it is easy.

I guess depending on if they are "hard" or "PDF" tickets each is desirable for different reasons. I might call stub hub and/or ebay and ask their advice. It would be nice if they gave you some useable real advice for the fees they charge.

I am not sure how it all works selling tickets online, but I would be curious to see how it goes for you. You might have to sell thme slightly below face, but that is better than getting just a beer.

6 months from now, no matter how the selling the extra works,
you might be saying "Yeah it was pricey to go to KC, but it
was TOO FUN!! and now I am trying to figure out how to buy
affordable air tickets to the South American shows".

Date: May 8, 2015 14:37

On Ticket Master Section 119 Row 32 for $146 each. I am pretty sure those we once $385 each. Also $35 Tickets now

Kansas City Ticket Sales struggling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-08 15:14 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: May 8, 2015 15:16

Snoopy

Snoppy when you sell you KC extras and you still need
some more Stones you might consider the Indianapolis show.
If you want to be close as heck, those $427 VIP section inside
the Gold section looks like some of the best tickets of the tour.
I posted some about it here [www.iorr.org]

It looks like that section is close enough that
people in it will feel like they are at a club show.

Read through whole Indy thread for any all the info and warnings.

I bet the Indy show will be special... plus JULY 4TH FIRWORKS!!

Date: May 8, 2015 21:35

fwiw- It looks like Mick heard KC is not selling so well so he graced that local KC newpaper with an interview to try to drum up some sales. It appears that Mick actually spoke with the guy from the paper.

May 8, 2015
Mick Jagger says energy and enthusiasm keep the Stones rolling

[www.kansascity.com]

“You’ve got to be enthusiastic for what you do when you get out there and have the energy to do it,” the Rolling Stones’ Mick Jagger told The Star’s Timothy Finn. “All music requires energy, I suppose, but rock music needs a lot of physical energy. If you’ve still got that, then great. If you don’t then maybe you shouldn’t be doing it.” Ariel Schalit File photo

By TIMOTHY FINN

Mick Jagger recalls the first time the Rolling Stones played at Arrowhead Stadium.

“One of the first stadium shows we did was there,” he told The Star recently from London. “I remember that one. It was a big outside show in the daylight. I wore, like, football clothes with yellow trousers. It’s all about the clothes, really.”

The date was June 6, 1975. Kansas City was the Stones’ third stop on their Tour of the Americas ’75.

Forty years later, on June 27, the Stones will bring their Zip Code Tour to Arrowhead Stadium. It will be their first performance in Kansas City since April 1999, when they performed at Kemper Arena.

Jagger said despite the size of the venue, stadium shows have their own charms and special vibe.

“You get a good mix of people, he said. “The more people there are the more of a mix you get. There’s a nice summer feel to it normally, if it’s in the summer, you get a festival-like feeling. Everyone’s really out to have a good time. It’s normally very relaxed. It’s just a different vibe. All this tour is outside so it should be good.”

Stadium shows, he said, require some adjustments when it comes to compiling the set list.

“You somewhat cater the show for where you are, a little bit, to what you think is going to work in the place you’re in,” he said. “A lot of time it’s a question of trying to please the majority, which is the name of the game when you’re playing for a lot of people. If you’re in a little club, you can play anything you want. In a stadium, you’ve got to play what people are familiar with. You can make some exceptions and play a few odd things, but most of the time you play a selection of things people know.”

The set list changes from tour to tour and from one show to the next, Jagger said, and variables are considered.

“We used to have a fund of songs we’d play on each particular tour,” he said. “And we’d have a rag-bag section to choose from, and for certain bits of the show, we’d say, ‘Let’s change this one; let’s change that one.’ Of course we play a lot of the same songs every night but we do try to change them.”

Though it was 16 years ago, he said, he and his mates will look at the set list from that Kemper Arena show in 1999 when considering what to play at Arrowhead.

“They’ll say, ‘We played Kansas City in 1999,’ and I’ll say, ‘What’s that got to do with anything? How do I know anyone will be there who was there in 1999? That’s an assumption.’ And they’ll say, ‘Well, we better not play too many of the same songs.’ Obviously we can play some but we won’t play some of the others. So there’s a lot of consideration.”

One album that will get extra attention on this tour will be “Sticky Fingers,” which is getting the deluxe-reissue treatment this month.

“When we rehearse, we’ll pull out different ones we haven’t played in a while,” he said. “We’re re-releasing ‘Sticky Fingers,’ so we might want to feature a little more of that album and play songs we haven’t done too much from that album.”

In 2012, the Stones celebrated their 50th anniversary with a 30-show tour. They resumed touring in 2014, performing 29 shows, from China to Scandinavia to Australia. The Zip Code Tour, which opens in San Diego on May 24, will stop in 15 cities in 52 days. Jagger, 71, said the key to the band’s longevity is its ability to sustain interest in performing and the willpower to do what’s necessary.

“Yeah, for a rock band, (50 years) pretty much has not been done before,” he said. “We’re a bit in unknown territory, really. But to me it has to do with enthusiasm. Rock music requires enthusiasm, energy and a modicum of musical talent. You’ve got to have all those things.

“You’ve got to be enthusiastic for what you do when you get out there and have the energy to do it. All music requires energy, I suppose, but rock music needs a lot of physical energy. If you’ve still got that, then great. If you don’t then maybe you shouldn’t be doing it.”

It also requires that a band summon ways to keep the live shows fresh.

“I’m pretty spontaneous when I get out there,” he said. “Even if you don’t feel on top of your game or depending on what mood you’re in, you’ve got to work yourself up into it and stay fresh. Just doing a few things, like changing the (set list) can stop you from becoming an automatic-pilot person.

“But, you know, every show is different. Playing stadiums is different. Each stadium is slightly different. Arenas all tend to look the same. Stadiums don’t, depending on what kind of sport is played in them. So you have to watch your p’s and q’s when you’re doing sound check. And audiences are always different. Some you really have to work, some you don’t. So there are a lot of challenges every night.”

Jagger recently has stepped into the world of filmmaking. He has produced two projects about one of his music heroes, James Brown: the biopic “Get on Up” and the HBO documentary “Mr. Dynamite: The Rise of James Brown.”

“James was one of my biggest influences, musically and onstage,” he said. “It was great to do these pictures about his life and his achievements. Obviously, there were lots of ups and downs. I was pleased with the results.”

He is also producing an HBO series that is being directed by Martin Scorsese. The show has yet to be titled, but its story line involves music and a guy who owns a record company.

“I wrote an outline a while ago that was a movie to start with but became a TV series,” he said. “Martin Scorsese got involved. We shot the pilot but we’re not quite happy with all the names it’s been given. It should be out in January. We’re about to start shooting the rest of the show. We may even be shooting in Kansas.”

Film, he said, explores dimensions he doesn’t get from music.

“The ones I work on have some kind of music thing in it, which makes it similar to my music projects,” he said. “But there are a lot of things you don’t quite get so much in music work: literary things, characters, drama, lots of conflict and things to work through. It’s another artistic experience.”

Date: May 8, 2015 21:42

Anybody... going to Kansas City?
Mick is... I am... Carolyn is... Snoopy is... here is some travelin music

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 8, 2015 22:25

"Stadium shows, he said, require some adjustments when it comes to compiling the set list.

“You somewhat cater the show for where you are, a little bit, to what you think is going to work in the place you’re in,” he said. “A lot of time it’s a question of trying to please the majority, which is the name of the game when you’re playing for a lot of people. If you’re in a little club, you can play anything you want. In a stadium, you’ve got to play what people are familiar with. You can make some exceptions and play a few odd things, but most of the time you play a selection of things people know.”

The set list changes from tour to tour and from one show to the next, Jagger said, and variables are considered."

This combined with the fact that they seem to get into rehearsals only just now, well, doesn't look like there are many rarities to be expected.

Date: May 8, 2015 23:35

Nikkei
"Stadium shows, he said, require some adjustments when it comes to compiling the set list.

The set list changes from tour to tour and from one show to the next, Jagger said, and variables are considered."

This combined with the fact that they seem to get into rehearsals only just now, well, doesn't look like there are many rarities to be expected.

Yeah, I am not expecting anything too rare...
but it was a pretty funny (in parts) interview in a Mick kind of way... like saying "How do I know anyone will be there who was there in 1999? That’s an assumption.’ And they’ll say, ‘Well, we better not play too many of the same songs."

lol

Mick... man you are too funny.

Date: May 9, 2015 08:38

Leonioid
Snoopy

Thanks, I'll read through the thread, but after KC I think I'll be headed back west and then north to Alaska. This trip will be a credit-card maxing mofo.

Of course you never know. I might just geta wild hair and follow the tour smiling smiley

Date: May 9, 2015 08:45

Leonioid

Nice. I could see them playing this in KC.

I read the interview you posted and I know Mick's take is "play all the big hits in stadiums" but I remember in '81 Twenty FLight Rock, Going To A Go Go, Imagination etc... Those were played in stadiums to success, so I hope they trust that their audience is there because they want to hear the Stones and they should play whatever they want to play.

You guys who have seen them live a bunch know more about what they tend to play, but I'd love to hear The Last Time live, the tune that started it all for me.

Date: May 9, 2015 10:42

Snoopy
Leonioid
Snoopy

Thanks, I'll read through the thread, but after KC I think I'll be headed back west and then north to Alaska. This trip will be a credit-card maxing mofo.

Of course you never know. I might just geta wild hair and follow the tour smiling smiley

I understand... but...
Indy is an easy 5-8 hours East of KC, straight down I-70. :)
and 1 week exactly after KC... and during a big Holiday week/weekend...

Get it while the getting is good.

Posted by: HollywoodStone ()
Date: May 10, 2015 07:26

Leonioid

15 of my best friends and I will be for my bachelor party! Can't wait. If I have to walk, I'm going just the same...

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 10, 2015 08:15

Leonioid

Hey Leonioid- Ya, Kansas city is one of the SMARTEST places on this tour....from the fairly good choice of seats and fairly low prices of tickets, plus hotels won't cost as much as in other locations. I'm still in process of locating a hotel/motel ....would actually make most sense for me to stay as absolutely as close to the stadium as possible. Transportation from airport to hotel to stadium...no matter where I stay it all adds up to the same transportation costs around there. But my biggest worry is, after the show, how the heck long it might take to get from the stadium back to the hotel when you have throngs & throngs of pedestrians and cars all leaving the stadium.It won't be easy for any taxi or other vehicles to get near the stadium crowd. I witnessed what that causes at the one other Stones concert I've been to-in the '90's in Madison, Wisconsin. Me & my friend (we lived in central Illinois) had taken a cab from our hotel in downtown Madison to the Camp Randall Stadium and, naively thought that's how we'd get back to our hotel, WRONG! Huge throng of pedestrians had to literally just take over the entire main road and we all had to walk the entire way back to downtown where our hotel was. I wasn't use to that much walking back then---hilarious to think we thought we'd ever be able to get a taxi-no way any vehicles were gonna get close to that stadium after that show! At least that's what I figure, just common sense. So, I'll look for whatever is closest to the stadium. I'll be in touch with you later. Thanks for all your help Leonioid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-14 02:24 by tauk.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 10, 2015 08:17

Thanks for that interview Leonioid.

Date: May 10, 2015 08:31

tauk
Thanks for that interview Leonioid.

My pleasure :)
Have you called the hotels right by the stadiums?
I would bet they are booked... but maybe everyone
thinks that and they still have rooms.

Doing that or trying to find a bar or hotel running shuttle
as the show gets closer. You are correct about trying to get
a taxi out of there. I would say "hey!! we will give you ride"
but I can not promise that... and I would hate to let you down...

Give the 3 hotels by the stadium a call... maybe you will get lucky.
[www.google.com] Drury Inn, Adams Mark, Four Points

HEY!!!
Adams Mark look like they have rooms... JUMP ON THAT!!!

BE SURE TO ASK THEM IF THEY ARE CLOSE AS I THINK TO ARROWHEAD,
als ask about airport shuttles... etc etc etc
or how much is a cab to the airport to/from there.

Adam's Mark Hotel
9103 E 39th St
Kansas City, MO 64133
Adam's Mark Hotel9103 E 39th StKansas City, MO 64133
cocokeykansascity.com
(816) 737-0200
AdBook for $150, Fri, Jun 26 – Sun, Jun 28
AdBook a room
Check-inFri, Jun 26
Check-outSun, Jun 28
Adam's Mark Hotel
$150/ night
Book

not sure about the $150...
OR try this.... it is direct, but they say they have rooms,
[www.cocokeykansascity.com]
but be aware, a lot of people look at this site.. and maybe
this post... and might grab the rooms too.

[bookings.ihotelier.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-10 08:45 by Leonioid.

Date: May 10, 2015 08:32

HollywoodStone
Leonioid

15 of my best friends and I will be for my bachelor party! Can't wait. If I have to walk, I'm going just the same...

NICE!!!!
That is a GREAT IDEA FOR A BACHELOR PARTY!!!

Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: May 10, 2015 14:40

“I remember that one. It was a big outside show in the daylight. I wore, like, football clothes with yellow trousers. It’s all about the clothes, really.”

Mick, you are thinking of 1981 at Kemper arena when Mick Taylor dropped in. In '75 you wore those stripey pajama type pants.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 11, 2015 09:08

My Ticket!

Date: May 12, 2015 07:24

Leonioid
HollywoodStone
Leonioid

NICE!!!!

Thanks! Once the tour was announced I knew that I wanted to have a Stones concert as my main event. KC's central location made it easier for my crew who live all over the Midwest and West. A Saturday night show helps too. I'm taking my fiance to the SD show so she doesn't miss out either.

Date: May 12, 2015 13:17

HollywoodStone
Leonioid
HollywoodStone
Leonioid
Mick is... I am... Carolyn is... Snoopy is... here is some travelin music [www.youtube.com]

NICE!!!!

Thanks! Once the tour was announced I knew that I wanted to have a Stones concert as my main event. KC's central location made it easier for my crew who live all over the Midwest and West. A Saturday night show helps too. I'm taking my fiance to the SD show so she doesn't miss out either.

That is a great idea and a great plan. They say Arrowhead parking lot probably has some the best pre-game/concert tailgating on the planet. The parking lot gates open at 3:00(double check that), have a blast and try to not not get too hammered and miss the show ;)

Congrats on getting married, you're a lucky man to find a great gal!

PS
Depending on how long your party is going to last, the Stones are playing in Indianapolis the following Saturday night on FOURTH OF JULY NIGHT!!! Fireworks after the show. That show is just 6-7 hours stright down I-70 and the $427 VIP GA section directly in front on the stage on Keith's side is probably the best ticket/section of the tour. It will feel like a private club show in that small section blocked off in front of 50,000 others... who will wish they were next to you in the VIP section.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-12 13:23 by Leonioid.

Date: May 13, 2015 02:46

Anyone know how seat numbers work for floor sections/ section E? Stage left to right, or reverse etc? Thanks.

Date: May 13, 2015 03:53

Snoopy
Anyone know how seat numbers work for floor sections/ section E? Stage left to right, or reverse etc? Thanks.
IDK, but when I called these people they were very friendly and nice, they might know

Arrowhead Stadium
(816) 920-9300
1 Arrowhead Dr, Kansas City, MO 64129

And if it was critical I would also call ticketmaster to confirm.

I would guess... it could be set up several ways... so I wont guess.

Date: May 13, 2015 08:23

Leonioid
HollywoodStone
Leonioid
HollywoodStone
Leonioid
Mick is... I am... Carolyn is... Snoopy is... here is some travelin music [www.youtube.com]

NICE!!!!

That is a great idea and a great plan. They say Arrowhead parking lot probably has some the best pre-game/concert tailgating on the planet. The parking lot gates open at 3:00(double check that), have a blast and try to not not get too hammered and miss the show ;)

PS
Depending on how long your party is going to last, the Stones are playing in Indianapolis the following Saturday night on FOURTH OF JULY NIGHT!!! Fireworks after the show. That show is just 6-7 hours stright down I-70 and the $427 VIP GA section directly in front on the stage on Keith's side is probably the best ticket/section of the tour. It will feel like a private club show in that small section blocked off in front of 50,000 others... who will wish they were next to you in the VIP section.

Thanks for the kind words! Don't think I could be with a lady who didn't like the Stones. She loves them. Yes, Arrowhead tailgating is supposed to be awesome. Think we'll rent a party bus/limo for the night then head back to the Power & Light District where we're staying. It'll be a marathon, not a sprint, for sure. Thanks to this forum, I was able to consolidate all 8 of my tickets on the field and my buddy did the same with the other 8. All 16 of us will be with in 1 row of each other.

Wow, you aren't kidding about the Indy show. Just checked Ticketmaster and they're still available. I'm seriously going to consider this show. I'm probably driving from LA to the KC show (pitstop in Denver), then to Iowa to visit family, so I'll have some time. Thanks for the heads up!

Date: May 13, 2015 08:44

Snoopy

The seating numbers are 1-30 for FLR J where my seats are at. 1 is at the top and 30 at the bottom if looking at the seat diagram on ticketmaster. So stage right to left. I exchanged my seats and asked the rep for seats near the aisle and that's what he told me (I have 8 tickets together, seats 23-30). So I'd imagine the numbering order is the same for all floor sections.

Date: May 13, 2015 11:48

HollywoodStone
Snoopy

The seating numbers are 1-30 for FLR J where my seats are at. 1 is at the top and 30 at the bottom if looking at the seat diagram on ticketmaster. So stage right to left. I exchanged my seats and asked the rep for seats near the aisle and that's what he told me (I have 8 tickets together, seats 23-30). So I'd imagine the numbering order is the same for all floor sections.

Thanks for this.

Date: May 13, 2015 11:49

Leonioid
Snoopy
IDK, but when I called these people they were very friendly and nice, they might know

Arrowhead Stadium
(816) 920-9300
1 Arrowhead Dr, Kansas City, MO 64129

And if it was critical I would also call ticketmaster to confirm.

I would guess... it could be set up several ways... so I wont guess.

Thanks for this.

Date: May 13, 2015 14:47

HollywoodStone
Leonioid
HollywoodStone
Leonioid
HollywoodStone
Leonioid

NICE!!!!

PS

Thanks for the kind words! Don't think I could be with a lady who didn't like the Stones. She loves them. Yes, Arrowhead tailgating is supposed to be awesome. Think we'll rent a party bus/limo for the night then head back to the Power & Light District where we're staying. It'll be a marathon, not a sprint, for sure. Thanks to this forum, I was able to consolidate all 8 of my tickets on the field and my buddy did the same with the other 8. All 16 of us will be with in 1 row of each other.

Wow, you aren't kidding about the Indy show. Just checked Ticketmaster and they're still available. I'm seriously going to consider this show. I'm probably driving from LA to the KC show (pitstop in Denver), then to Iowa to visit family, so I'll have some time. Thanks for the heads up!

Yup maybe grab the core bad boys of the bachelor party and keep the party rolling into the holiday weekend. I figured if you were in the area you might as well do another show, which you will want to as soon as the show is over. It is like a roller coaster where you say LETS GO AGAIN as soon as it stops!!!

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home