Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 14 of 17
Re: Milwaukee WI USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 22, 2015 16:57

I have an extra in Section 8, Row N, Seat 5 for face ($280) if anyone is interested. It is a paper ticket. I can walk through the gate with you. I will be in Milwaukee about noon today (Monday).

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 22, 2015 16:59

Anything of note going on in Milwaukee tonight?

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 22, 2015 17:17

Now I am heading to Milwaukee from Chicago.
Already exciting! smiling smiley

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 22, 2015 17:21

a bigger nut
Now I am heading to Milwaukee from Chicago.
Already exciting! smiling smiley

Oh nice! I get to head there from Mpls around 5-6 today.

-RS

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: June 22, 2015 17:34

anybody wanna meet for some drinks in the area corner juneau avenue and old world 3rd street in the evening? text us +436643436309

Date: June 22, 2015 17:36

austrianstones
anybody wanna meet for some drinks in the area corner juneau avenue and old world 3rd street in the evening? text us +436643436309

I already feel the Milwaukee magic coming together...

-RS

Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: June 22, 2015 17:58

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 22, 2015 17:59

So.....i bet the Stones road crew is happy that they are in a covered amphitheater today. Big storm just made its way into Milwaukee. Weather will be perfect on Tuesday.

Did i read correctly that there will be no ramp (as shown on seating chart) that juts out into audience? or just no ramps on sides?

With the band staying in chicago...guessing no Milwaukee area facebook pics from Mick....unless they take some within the Summerfest grounds (likely).

And I would think that band staying in Chicago would increase chances for surprise gig in Chicago on the 25th.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: June 22, 2015 18:01

Thats a nice shirt.

-RS

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: June 22, 2015 18:12

Anyone interested in a single, slightly below face value ticket to the concert? It was part of the Ruby VIP package-Section 2, Row EE seat 46. There are a couple of catches though-let me know if interested! smoking smiley

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 22, 2015 18:53

roryg
relms
roryg
So we went to The Lucky Brand event and won a shirt and jeans (~$200 of stuff...and a snazzy bag and buttons). The show tickets were further away than ours; I guess you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you (or your wife) get what you need.

Congratulations!! Can you please tell us a little more about the contest so if/when it comes to a city nears us? Is it a be there to win or enter online or how does it work? What are the other cool prizes?
Let's see, Lb is a boutique shop that generally sells jeans and tops with a late sixties/early seventies look to them. The event lasted 3 hours (2-5) and the front of the store was devoted to Stones shirts along with some of the SF releases and the Exile box, no exclusive merch and around $40 for a shirt. The back of the store had a local radio station where raffle registration took place. There was also free bottled beer (limit 2) and sandwiches. The prize drawings happened about every twenty minutes: SF cds, jeans and shirts (you didn't have to be present to win these items). Near the end of the event a drawing was held for a Fender guitar and three sets of tickets - you had to be present for these prizes (four people were not and were passed over). You may want to get there, fill in the prize slip and find another way to occupy your time until the drawing at the end. If you bought merch, you choose from a selection of buttons and your purchase is put in a nice black bag with the LB logo on one side and the Stones tongue on the other side. Hope this helps

Thank you for the informative post. That sounds like fun, especially the free beer part. I dont know anything about Lucky Brands but if this event happens again and I am able to get to it then I am in for sure.

I am not lucky at very many things, but for some reason I do well at these kind of small time raffle/giveaways when it is a local contest and it is a "must be present to win" deal. I won an ipad a couple of weeks ago when my local grocery was doing a give away of flat screen TVs and other stuff one morning, so maybe I can win some killer close-up Stones tickets or at least a cool shirt, maybe a beer or two winking smiley

Thanks again for taking the time to give your detailed answer.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 22, 2015 18:58

Can someone explain the significance of the 2 white dots for Milwaukee?

Date: June 22, 2015 19:00

DEmerson
Can someone explain the significance of the 2 white dots for Milwaukee?

2 white dots and smile....it's a smiley face...which is the Summerfest logo.

dots = eyes

[www.summerfest.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 19:02 by sweet neo con.

Date: June 22, 2015 19:06

just ckecked ticketmaster...section 3 row W is coming up for $421.95

singles and pairs....but on edge (seats 35-36)

guessing these opened up after determining no side stage ramps.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 19:11 by sweet neo con.

Date: June 22, 2015 19:32

If anyone needs a hotel, there's one right outside of Milwaukee called Staybridge Suites!

-RS

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: June 22, 2015 20:11

Have pulled up the following on TM in the past several minutes.

no pairs
singles:
Sec 1 row CC seat 22
Sec 1 row CC seat 37
Sec 1 row CC seat 38
Sec 1 row CC seat 48
Sec 1 row CC seat 49
Sec 1 row CC seat 51
Sec 3 row W seat 43 (not certain about seat #)
Sec 3 row X seat 31
Sec 3 row X seat 34

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 20:23 by josepi.

Date: June 22, 2015 20:28

why do you think all of those good seats became available? it wouldnt have anything to do with stage set-up....and probably nothing to do with friend/family tickets. more opportunities today than during any presales etc.. backwards if u ask me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 20:29 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: June 22, 2015 21:21

sweet neo con
So.....i bet the Stones road crew is happy that they are in a covered amphitheater today. Big storm just made its way into Milwaukee. Weather will be perfect on Tuesday.

Did i read correctly that there will be no ramp (as shown on seating chart) that juts out into audience? or just no ramps on sides?

With the band staying in chicago...guessing no Milwaukee area facebook pics from Mick....unless they take some within the Summerfest grounds (likely).

And I would think that band staying in Chicago would increase chances for surprise gig in Chicago on the 25th.

Chuck Leavell is playing a gig at Martyrs Club in Chicago, with Tim and Bernard, on the 24th. I'm looking forward to that.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 21:30

sweet neo con
Lisa has a solo gig this night which I think impacts the chances. What about U2 or the Stones guesting at each others shows? I think that's possible. Charlie guesting at Martyr's? Let's hope so.

Date: June 22, 2015 21:31

3DTeafoe
sweet neo con

Chuck Leavell is playing a gig at Martyrs Club in Chicago, with Tim and Bernard, on the 24th. I'm looking forward to that.

i'm a little surprised MJ allows extra-curricular stuff while on a Stones tour. You never know what kind of freak accident might happen..broken finger...throat problems....car accidents etc.. all of which could cause a show (or shows) to be cancelled.

Posted by: kevin78 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 21:47

sweet neo con
why do you think all of those good seats became available? it wouldnt have anything to do with stage set-up....and probably nothing to do with friend/family tickets. more opportunities today than during any presales etc.. backwards if u ask me.

These seems like the seats they were offering with the hotel packages. Probably just releasing the unsold allotment.

Date: June 22, 2015 22:51

Debbie and I didn't get great seats, we're like at the back of the yellow off to the side, we're going to do our best to scope the entire show for you guys again tomorrow night but i'm skeptical that we will be able to live up to the quality (especially the sound) that we had the other night. I"m also concerned that the roof could cause us problems with cell coverage. Everyone cross your fingers.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 22, 2015 22:59

Daniel 3D - please email me!!!!!

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:01

Going to be a fun Tuesday night Milwaukee.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 02:07 by relms.

Date: June 22, 2015 23:13

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 22, 2015 23:39

Date: June 23, 2015 00:13

the above pic is of north end of park (i believe). on think that only the south end will be open for Stones show and pre-show activities...as it is "special" and not the first full day of Summerfest. South end much closer to Marcus Amph.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 23, 2015 00:50

My song vote: WHAT MADE MILWAUKEE FAMOUS (Made A Loser Out Of Me) in Jerry Lee Lewis style.
They could release an album:
1. HANG ON SLOOPY
2. ALL MY EXE's LIVE IN TEXAS
3. WHAT MADE MILWAUKEE FAMOUS

Date: June 23, 2015 01:05

RipThisBone
My song vote: WHAT MADE MILWAUKEE FAMOUS (Made A Loser Out Of Me) in Jerry Lee Lewis style.
They could release an album:
1. HANG ON SLOOPY
2. ALL MY EXE's LIVE IN TEXAS
3. WHAT MADE MILWAUKEE FAMOUS

coincidentally...a local radio station asked for suggestions (on Facebook) and I suggested that one. That would be great. Guessing that they will also have something specific for Buddy Guy to help with...like I GOT THE BLUES or YOU GOTTA MOVE too.

i'm trying not to have expectations as they might simply do the regular 19-20 songs.

but since we are on the topic of the Stones doing songs geared toward a specific city or region or ? I must say that i think it is a bit silly when they play things like Faraway Eyes or even Dead Flowers just because they are in a city known for country music etc... When MJ sings in a country-style it is more a pastiche/parody. There are exceptions of course. And I guess one could even make that argument for an Englishman singing American Blues. It's just that IMO when he does Faraway Eyes etc... he seems to be rolling his eyes (figuratively & literally...see video) and exaggerating the accent. Not that there aren't things to enjoy about Faraway Eyes but not sure a country music city would embrace it as anything but a novelty song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 01:07 by sweet neo con.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 14 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home