Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 17
Re: Milwaukee WI USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 7, 2015 08:15

cmc
Is parking readily available for Summerfest? I am driving down from Minneapolis the morning of the concert - not sure what to expect as I am new to Summerfest.

Thanks!

Plenty of parking should be available since this is not a full Summerfest night / just the Stones show. Do not buy parking ahead of time as there are many lots as well as street parking. Neighborhood is reasonably safe too being right in the downtown area.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 7, 2015 08:23

mighty stork
cmc
Is parking readily available for Summerfest?

Plenty of parking should be available since this is not a full Summerfest night / just the Stones show. Do not buy parking ahead of time as there are many lots as well as street parking. Neighborhood is reasonably safe too being right in the downtown area.

Perfect. Thank you mighty stork!

Date: June 7, 2015 17:01

Just trying to be a good host. smileys with beer

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: June 7, 2015 19:09

mighty stork
cmc
Is parking readily available for Summerfest? I am driving down from Minneapolis the morning of the concert - not sure what to expect as I am new to Summerfest.

Thanks!

Mighty Stork, would you recommend walking to and from the concert if staying at the Hotel Metro? Thank you!

Date: June 7, 2015 21:06

dougingb
mighty stork
cmc

Thanks!

Mighty Stork, would you recommend walking to and from the concert if staying at the Hotel Metro? Thank you!

Weather depending it doable.In all I think it's a mile walk but there's bars or restaurants you could stop into along the way. I'm 58 and I've parked close to there many times and walked to go to Summerfest. Cab ride wouldn't be too much from there although getting a return might be harder. Of course after the show you will be floating so the return trip should be a breeze.

Date: June 7, 2015 21:11

mighty stork
dougingb
mighty stork
cmc

Thanks!

Weather depending it doable.In all I think it's a mile walk but there's bars or restaurants you could stop into along the way. I'm 58 and I've parked close to there many times and walked to go to Summerfest. Cab ride wouldn't be too much from there although getting a return might be harder. Of course after the show you will be floating so the return trip should be a breeze.

Thanks for your response! I was more interested in knowing what you think of the safety factor of walking back to my hotel after midnight. I have read that crime has gone up in Milwaukee, and I really don't want to take a chance of getting shot, stabbed or mugged on my walk back. smiling smiley

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:21

Flight book from Manchester to Chicago . 2 days in Chicago and 7 day at what will be my seventh Summerfest . Got a ticket for the show. Are the iorr's meeting up before the show ?. I know The Safe House, Rock Bottom and Mo's Irish Bar ...really looking forward to this one !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 21:22 by welshphil.

Date: June 7, 2015 21:42

[/quote] Mighty Stork, would you recommend walking to and from the concert if staying at the Hotel Metro? Thank you![/quote]

Weather depending it doable.In all I think it's a mile walk but there's bars or restaurants you could stop into along the way. I'm 58 and I've parked close to there many times and walked to go to Summerfest. Cab ride wouldn't be too much from there although getting a return might be harder. Of course after the show you will be floating so the return trip should be a breeze.[/quote]

Thanks for your response! I was more interested in knowing what you think of the safety factor of walking back to my hotel after midnight. I have read that crime has gone up in Milwaukee, and I really don't want to take a chance of getting shot, stabbed or mugged on my walk back. smiling smiley[/quote]

Are you walking alone? As with traveling anywhere you just have to be aware of your surroundings and not take risks. Yes crime is up here too but not many incidents in the downtown area where you will be. Should be plenty of others walking and police in the area as well.

Date: June 7, 2015 21:56

mighty stork
Mighty Stork, would you recommend walking to and from the concert if staying at the Hotel Metro? Thank you![/quote]

Weather depending it doable.In all I think it's a mile walk but there's bars or restaurants you could stop into along the way. I'm 58 and I've parked close to there many times and walked to go to Summerfest. Cab ride wouldn't be too much from there although getting a return might be harder. Of course after the show you will be floating so the return trip should be a breeze.[/quote]

Thanks for your response! I was more interested in knowing what you think of the safety factor of walking back to my hotel after midnight. I have read that crime has gone up in Milwaukee, and I really don't want to take a chance of getting shot, stabbed or mugged on my walk back. smiling smiley[/quote]

Are you walking alone? As with traveling anywhere you just have to be aware of your surroundings and not take risks. Yes crime is up here too but not many incidents in the downtown area where you will be. Should be plenty of others walking and police in the area as well.[/quote]

Thanks for your advice Might Stork! I will be walking alone. What do you think is the best route to take? My hotel is on Mason Street, so I was thinking of taking either Water Street or North Milwaukee to Summerferst. I suppose I could just buy a parking pass also and park at the grounds also.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 8, 2015 01:19

mighty stork, do you know what the policy is at Marcus amphitheater about sitting vs standing? I will be in section 1 and always stand and dance during a Stones concert. I couldn't sit and I am sure the Stones would be horrified if we all just sat there. The reason I ask is that at the Dallas concert last night, Security was telling people in the first level to sit. That's outrageous for a Stones concert and I sure don't want that to happen in Milwaukee. Thanks.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 8, 2015 01:39

JadedFaded
mighty stork, do you know what the policy is at Marcus amphitheater about sitting vs standing? I will be in section 1 and always stand and dance during a Stones concert. I couldn't sit and I am sure the Stones would be horrified if we all just sat there. The reason I ask is that at the Dallas concert last night, Security was telling people in the first level to sit. That's outrageous for a Stones concert and I sure don't want that to happen in Milwaukee. Thanks.

never heard of that. standing and dancing definitely okay. and it's an amphitheater (not level floor seating like in a stadium).

will there be an IORR meeting spot in Milwaukee?

hope to meet some of you.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:37

It looks like the Shidoobee contingent will meet at the grand piano.

Date: June 8, 2015 03:12

roryg

the piano at the south entrance (near amphitheater)? what about IORR peeps?

Date: June 8, 2015 03:41

sweet neo con
roryg

The piano? Chuck fans?

Since the Stones are a guitar band first maybe we meet up there.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: June 8, 2015 08:56

Plink
^^^
Sure, Heart For Stones, you may use the image for personal use in any way you wish - so glad you like it smiling smiley (and anyone else interested is welcome to do the same). I posted the sticker sheet link but also have a single, larger image (approx 7x7" ) ready for print here: [home.comcast.net]. It's only 96ppi res, but I printed it out for a DIY t-shirt transfer and the image is quite sharp.
Are you going to the Summerfest gig?

Awesome and very well done Plink!! Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 8, 2015 12:47

^^^
Thank you, triplelicks! smiling smiley

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 8, 2015 16:47

I can't wait for this one! It's smaller than Mpls!

-RS

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 8, 2015 21:08

This one will smoke.

Date: June 8, 2015 23:39

Since it's a music amphitheater and not a football or baseball stadium I do think this is indeed the show to see (excluding the club show). I'm hoping they treat it as they did smaller venues during the Licks tour and come up with some nuggets they haven't been playing in the big places. And having Buddy Guy open and most likely join them onstage doesn't hurt either. I get more excited every day for this show to come. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 9, 2015 01:59

Anybody need a ride to Milwaukee from Pittsburgh?

Date: June 11, 2015 01:11

mighty stork
Since it's a music amphitheater and not a football or baseball stadium I do think this is indeed the show to see (excluding the club show). I'm hoping they treat it as they did smaller venues during the Licks tour and come up with some nuggets they haven't been playing in the big places. And having Buddy Guy open and most likely join them onstage doesn't hurt either. I get more excited every day for this show to come. smiling bouncing smiley

Stork...don't get your hopes too high. winking smiley I hope you r right...but I doubt they will treat it like a small Licks show. My guess...might play 1-2 additional songs. And if they are planning a surprise club gig in Chicago, it better be after Milwaukee. Want MJ to save his voice for Milwaukee..then chicago club 6/25 on way to KC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 02:03 by sweet neo con.

Date: June 11, 2015 01:56

I tend to agree with you. We may get some special twists - Buddy does seem to push them and vice versa - but seems like more of a Berlin setup. Maybe we will both be pleasantly surprised. See you at piano, or guitar, or let's pull a Charlie

Date: June 11, 2015 02:04

roryg
I tend to agree with you. We may get some special twists - Buddy does seem to push them and vice versa - but seems like more of a Berlin setup. Maybe we will both be pleasantly surprised. See you at piano, or guitar, or let's pull a Charlie

"Berlin setup" ?

Date: June 11, 2015 02:10

sweet neo con
roryg

Good meeting place but not near what's going on before: The Official Pre-Party, inside of the South Gate of Henry Maier Festival Park, featuring 2 stages of live entertainment with food and beverages available for purchase, starting at 5:00 pm until 7:30 pm.

Guessing the music is on BMO Pavilion and Briggs & Stratton stages.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 11, 2015 02:11

SomeTorontoGirl
It is killing me to miss this one! I know they're gonna do something special with Buddy. But seats are scarce and flights a nightmare... Driving impossible. [Gnashing teeth.]

That's why I'm taking the train - Canadian Pacific Railway

Date: June 11, 2015 02:21

sweet neo con
roryg

"Berlin setup" ?
The last "small" show
[www.rollingstones.com]

Date: June 11, 2015 02:23

mighty stork
sweet neo con
roryg

Good meeting place but not near what's going on before: The Official Pre-Party, inside of the South Gate of Henry Maier Festival Park, featuring 2 stages of live entertainment with food and beverages available for purchase, starting at 5:00 pm until 7:30 pm.

Guessing the music is on BMO Pavilion and Briggs & Stratton stages.
Agreed, but they may use that small area inside the Marcus area

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 02:24

that Thursday, June 25th date has always lingered in my mind. We know they are definitely staying in Chicago for almost the entire week. It gives them empty days on both ends. sure would be awesome!

edit: forget, lisa has a solo show that night, damnit!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 02:48 by mnewman505.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: June 11, 2015 03:10

Hi does anybody know how far it is to the stadium from City Center? Preferably the Hilton?

Date: June 11, 2015 04:37

stonesfrkk
Hi does anybody know how far it is to the stadium from City Center? Preferably the Hilton?

Approximately one mile at most.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home