Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17
Re: Milwaukee WI USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 16, 2015 03:02

For some reason I cannot transfer the link I apologize. Anyway if if go to ONMILWAUKEE.Com they have a nice article about all the appearences the Stones have made in Milwaukee ,starting back in 1964. There are reviews of each show and the setlist for each.

Posted by: Troutmask69 ()
Date: April 16, 2015 06:20

Curious, what section tickets did anyone get for Summerfest? Not premium or VIP, did anyone get a pair, or just singles? I still need a pair, yellow sections or bleachers. I did get lucky dip in Indianapolis which seemed to have plenty.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: April 16, 2015 07:34

Here's something that really sucks:

About 3.300 tickets are on sale via Stubhub.

Hmmmmmmmm

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 16, 2015 16:38

Troutmask69
Curious, what section tickets did anyone get for Summerfest? Not premium or VIP, did anyone get a pair, or just singles? I still need a pair, yellow sections or bleachers. I did get lucky dip in Indianapolis which seemed to have plenty.

Well...I tried during all presales (4/8&10) and during general public sale (4/13). I initially tried for 4 "Best Available"...and once (during presale) 4 bleachers popped up. I wanted seats in yellow section so I changed my search to 2 "Best Available" and once (during presale) 2 seats in Section 8 popped up. During 4/13 sale I again tried for 2 "Best Available" and got nothing. Then during 4/13 sale I tried 1 "Best Available" and full price tics in Sections 4,5 & 8 popped up.

I didn't mess with premiums or VIP.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: April 16, 2015 17:40

I tied for a Milwaukee pair for about 2-3 hours each day for 5 straight days during the pre-sale and never scored even one hit at any location. By my estimate, there are well over 5,000 tickets available by brokers for this show.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 16, 2015 19:05

There are lots of bleacher and lawn seats at around $200 on Broker sites. If they do not sell, those prices should drop (perhaps not below face, but closer). Good luck.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 16, 2015 20:48

sold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-16 21:28 by forsure.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 17, 2015 12:23

sweet neo con
Thanks Plink. I never saw the "Warning...." in dropdown box....i saw "Full Price"....so I guess mine are not obstructed. Were obstructed tickets less expensive?

Hi SNC - The obstructed view yellow section seats were $273.50. Here is a link to the screencaps I mentioned; [home.comcast.net]

I called the venue and the rep said that certain seats in the yellow sections have an obstructed view due to a horizontal support beam. He theorized that Charlie may not be visible at all from such seats. He also said that, depending on where they stood, Keith, Mick & Ronnie may not always be visible. Of course, they move around quite a bit, so that may not be as big an issue as the Watts-less view.

Date: April 17, 2015 15:25

Plink
sweet neo con
Thanks Plink. I never saw the "Warning...." in dropdown box....i saw "Full Price"....so I guess mine are not obstructed. Were obstructed tickets less expensive?

Hi SNC - The obstructed view yellow section seats were $273.50. Here is a link to the screencaps I mentioned; [home.comcast.net]

I called the venue and the rep said that certain seats in the yellow sections have an obstructed view due to a horizontal support beam. He theorized that Charlie may not be visible at all from such seats. He also said that, depending on where they stood, Keith, Mick & Ronnie may not always be visible. Of course, they move around quite a bit, so that may not be as big an issue as the Watts-less view.

Thanks Plink. I believe that all yellow section seats were $273.50 + fees. At least that how much they were when i bought a pair during presale. And on 4/13 (general sale) all of the singles i saw were $273.50 and said "Full Price". So....i'm guessing that if one wanted whatever was left (obstructed view), one would need to scroll down to "Warning - Limited View"....???

Does it sound like the ones i purchased and saw at "Full Price" are regular unobstructed seats? Like i said..everything in yellow was listed at $273.50 which i believe is fullprice.

Date: April 17, 2015 16:13

sweet neo con

Does it sound like the ones i purchased and saw at "Full Price" are regular unobstructed seats? Like i said..everything in yellow was listed at $273.50 which i believe is fullprice.

Of course, I can't say w/ certainty, but I would assume your tickets have an unobstructed view because one had to specifically select the option for obstructed view seats in order to buy them, and the "WARNING!" message was very obvious. If you still have concerns, you might want to call the box office to be sure. It's not difficult to get an actual human on the other end of the line and the guy who fielded my many questions was very nice & helpful.

Date: April 18, 2015 01:38

Plink
sweet neo con

Of course, I can't say w/ certainty, but I would assume your tickets have an unobstructed view because one had to specifically select the option for obstructed view seats in order to buy them, and the "WARNING!" message was very obvious. If you still have concerns, you might want to call the box office to be sure. It's not difficult to get an actual human on the other end of the line and the guy who fielded my many questions was very nice & helpful.

Thanks Plink...what u said sounds right. Happy either way. I don't think I have obstructed seats.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: April 20, 2015 18:30

Still looking for Milwaukee extras, if anyone has them. Two in Lawn or Bleacher. I know I am likely preaching to the choir.

Date: April 20, 2015 22:37

neil young and stevie wonder added to summerfest lineup today.

[www.summerfest.com]

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: April 22, 2015 18:55

floodonthepage
Still looking for Milwaukee extras, if anyone has them. Two in Lawn or Bleacher. I know I am likely preaching to the choir.

Got a pair of decent bleacher seats. Can't wait. This will be my 20th Stones show.

Posted by: medling ()
Date: April 22, 2015 19:29

I've got an extra lawn ticket if anyone is looking. Selling at cost.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: April 22, 2015 20:33

SIAP, but saw Cheryl Crow is playing Summerfest on June 24th. She would be a likely guest with the Stones on June 23rd. Her duet with Mick on All Down the Line in Chicago in May 2013 was excellent.

Posted by: mapz ()
Date: April 22, 2015 23:26

medling
I've got an extra lawn ticket if anyone is looking. Selling at cost.

Would love to buy, please email me itis223@gmail.com

Date: April 24, 2015 18:06

a youtube video for people traveling to milwaukee.

[www.youtube.com]

let me know if anyone is looking for great yellow section singles at cost ($278.85 fees included). i might be able to help out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-24 18:07 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Rorodi ()
Date: April 24, 2015 21:51

Hi sweet neo con,
we are looking for 2 tix!!
Can you help and contact me ([email protected])...?
Thanks!!
Rolf

Date: April 25, 2015 17:52

Rolf

just sent you an email...email me back.

2 single tickets. 1 in 4th row Sec 8 and 1 in 4th row Sec 4. Seem to be very good seats. $278.85 (my cost) for each ticket.

My wife and I will be in section 4..higher up. (Would love to be in 4th row but...seems my wife wants to sit with me winking smiley )

I have some local friends that are also interested. But...email me. This could work out.

SNC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-25 17:58 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Pinou75 ()
Date: April 26, 2015 00:34

Hello,
I am looking to buy 2 tickets for this concert (bleacher section if possible). Thank you in advance
BR
Pinou75
d.arnoult@orange.fr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-26 00:35 by Pinou75.

Date: April 26, 2015 03:49

Last time in Milwaukee..2005

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-26 03:51 by sweet neo con.

Date: April 30, 2015 14:04

I created a Summerfest sticker for my personal use to commemorate the upcoming gig @ Marcus. I opted for the most obvious themes: Summerfest Smiley, Stones tongue, the Marcus Amp zip code & zippers. I wanted an uncluttered look, so I chose not to include additional text w/ band name & city (which are already represented by the tongue & smiley, imo). Just thought I’d share with anyone who may be interested smiling smiley. [home.comcast.net]
Print at 100% size in native resolution (200 ppi) on 8.5 x 11in. "full sheet" white label paper & cut out for 6 stickers (approx 3.25" x 3.25” each)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 22:20 by Plink.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: April 30, 2015 15:22

Well done, Plink!

Date: May 2, 2015 15:07

^^^
Thanks 3DTeafoe smiling smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 14, 2015 02:35

So is Ticketmaster programmed to give punters a consistent 11-minute wait in vain? I can understand a long wait when a show goes on sale and thousands are trying to buy tickets. But there surely can't be thousands of people trying at the same random hours every day to buy tickets now. So does anybody know why this happens? Just curious.

Meanwhile, they keep dripping a few tickets here and there into the official platinum option, where prices also dropped a few weeks ago and have now gone up again.

Talk about lack of transparency confused smiley

The whole ticketing thing is a total sham.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: May 14, 2015 19:18

BEER and BIKING

If you are traveling along the Stones route and have a few extra days in Wisconsin, I have a suggestion. New Glarus WI is a very nice little rural town that has a bike trail system made on what was previously railroad tracks and a great brewery.

New Glarus is a very picturesque town in the low rolling hills of southern Wisconsin that reminded its Swiss immigrant founders of the country that they left. For a small town it has some very good restaurants and bars that are very tourist friendly.

Exclusive for bikes are several hard crushed stone trails that are longer than 25 miles, in addition to great riding on the lightly traveled rural roads.

The New Glarus Brewery has several excellent brews available only in Wisconsin. They used to sell their Spotted Cow, Fat Squirrel and other brews throughout the Midwest but they are now unable to fill local demand and Wisconsin is the only place to get these great beers. The very successful brewery is a great place to spend an afternoon touring and sipping. It sits on top of a scenic view that compares to the beauty of any Nappa CA winery.

The hotel Chalet Landhaus Inn would be my recommend hotel and Puemples, The Hotel, Christi's and Tofflers are all restaurants/bars within walking distance and good to visit.

Feel free to email for more.

Posted by: medling ()
Date: May 18, 2015 22:37

I second the New Glarus recommendation. So, I remember reading that we'd get tickets to another day of summerfest with the purchase of Stones tickets. Is that true? Do we get them the day of the show? Does anyone have any info? I want to get tickets for two more days at summerfest, but am unsure of how many I need to buy.

Thanks!

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: May 19, 2015 01:15

medling
I second the New Glarus recommendation. So, I remember reading that we'd get tickets to another day of summerfest with the purchase of Stones tickets. Is that true? Do we get them the day of the show? Does anyone have any info? I want to get tickets for two more days at summerfest, but am unsure of how many I need to buy.

Thanks!

You may want to either bring some non-perishable food to get in free on Wed. or download the SF app to get a free weekday ticket. They have free entry promos most days of the fest, but they usually are limited and you need to enter in the early afternoon.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: May 19, 2015 01:18

2120Joe
BEER and BIKING

If you are traveling along the Stones route and have a few extra days in Wisconsin, I have a suggestion. New Glarus WI is a very nice little rural town that has a bike trail system made on what was previously railroad tracks and a great brewery.

New Glarus is a very picturesque town in the low rolling hills of southern Wisconsin that reminded its Swiss immigrant founders of the country that they left. For a small town it has some very good restaurants and bars that are very tourist friendly.

Exclusive for bikes are several hard crushed stone trails that are longer than 25 miles, in addition to great riding on the lightly traveled rural roads.

The New Glarus Brewery has several excellent brews available only in Wisconsin. They used to sell their Spotted Cow, Fat Squirrel and other brews throughout the Midwest but they are now unable to fill local demand and Wisconsin is the only place to get these great beers. The very successful brewery is a great place to spend an afternoon touring and sipping. It sits on top of a scenic view that compares to the beauty of any Nappa CA winery.

The hotel Chalet Landhaus Inn would be my recommend hotel and Puemples, The Hotel, Christi's and Tofflers are all restaurants/bars within walking distance and good to visit.

Feel free to email for more.

There are quite a few tasty beers right in Milwaukee as well: Milwaukee Brewing, Brenner Brewery, Lakefront, Sprecher all have a variety of offerings that should interest discerning palates

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home