Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 17
Re: Milwaukee WI USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 14, 2015 02:34

sweet neo con
just went to ticketmaster site...said "403 forbidden". ?? anybody know why? is this what happens when sold out?

Not sure, but I got a similar message at the start of the sale saying something like "you are forbidden to access the site from this server", so I assume I got locked out for trying too many times already for another venue on sale an hour earlier. Lucky for me that I already got a ticket via one of the presales.

Date: April 14, 2015 03:01

[www.jsonline.com]

It's only rock 'n' roll. But that's likely little consolation for the thousands of Rolling Stones fans who failed to snag a ticket Monday to the legendary band's Summerfest kickoff concert on June 23.

About 25,000 tickets, originally priced from $94.40 to $421.95, were gone seven minutes after going on sale at 10 a.m. Monday.

"You can't always get what you want," yelled Scott "Wizzy" Wisinski outside the Summerfest Mid-Gate box office, where a couple hundred people gathered Monday morning to try to buy tickets. Wisniski was sporting a Stones shirt from the band's 1975 County Stadium show, a wooden sign of the Stones' tongue and lips logo he made himself draped around his neck.

"It's sad," Wisniski, 54, said. "I got a new liver in 2002, and I was mostly drinking (at past Stones concerts). This time, I would have remembered it."

Almost everyone who gathered at the Summerfest box office went away empty-handed, competing not only with each other, but also with thousands of people flooding Ticketmaster's website and phone lines.

Joann Rader, 55, of New Berlin was one of the unlucky ones, even though she was the first person at the Summerfest box office Monday, arriving at 5:30 a.m. But tickets at the box office were issued through a lottery system, which hadn't been announced previously.

"It is what it is," said Rader. "My husband is a huge Rolling Stones fan, and we don't get to go out a lot, so to have that night out, we'd want it to be special....I'm going to try winning them on the radio."

But Steven Nowak, 59, is sitting pretty. His number was the first to be called out, and he walked away with six tickets in Section 3. "It was meant to be," said Nowak, who last saw the Stones in the early '80s.

Each customer could purchase up to eight tickets for the Stones' concert, not just Monday, but through a number of pre-sales that began Wednesday, where all of the inventories were quickly wiped out.

Sharon McGinnis, 57, of Greenfield acquired an American Express card just to take advantage of an exclusive pre-sale last Wednesday; after trying the pre-sale for three hours, McGinnis and friend Rick Grams gave up. They tried again Monday at the Summerfest box office, but again came up short.

"To me, this is the best band ever," McGinnis said. "I believe the limit should have been four tickets per person for this band, because then the brokers and the scalpers got (tickets), and us ordinary folks are getting no tickets and have to go online where they're thousands of dollars."

As of noon Monday, there were already 3,580 resale tickets for the Stones' show on StubHub, priced from $173 for a single bleacher seat to an incredible $10,748.55 for two tickets in the pit.

There also are a handful of "official platinum seats" available at ticketmaster.com, with prices structured based on demand. As of 11 a.m. Monday, they ranged from $1,533.08 for two seats in Section 7 to $3,721.22 for two seats in Section 1.

Those who did score a ticket will likely see the last Stones show in Milwaukee, at least with the current, long-running lineup. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are 71, Ronnie Wood will be 68 in June, and Charlie Watts will be 74 in June. The band last played Milwaukee 10 years ago.

Ticket holders also will be seeing the band in by far the smallest venue on its 15-city "Zip Code" summer stadium tour. By comparison, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, where the band is playing July 4, has a permanent seating capacity of 257,000.

Those factors, plus the fact that the band is skipping Chicago on this tour, led to extremely high demand for the Stones' Summerfest tickets.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:14

dougingb
looks like tickets sold out in 7 minutes today.

[www.jsonline.com]

Not true, read my post a little ways back on page six. I was still pulling up tickets two hours after they went on sale. Javadave used this info and snagged himself some tickets.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:50

During the general sale today (April 13), was anyone able to buy anything other than Lucky Dip and obstructed view yellow section seats for Milwaukee?

That's all I saw come up. No red section, unobstructed yellow section, bleachers or lawn were available at any time during my buying attempt (which lasted from 10am to 2pm CST.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 14, 2015 03:52

As of right now looking at 23 June Milwaukee, WI Summerfest there seems to be plenty of great seats still available but what is there has been held back to be scalped by Ticketbastard themelves for $1000-$3000 each. They can call it whatever pretty gem name they want package, but it is just good old fashioned ticket scalping, plus they charge a service fee on top of the scalped price.

Sorry, no tickets match your search.
Try changing ticket type.
Best Available from Venue

Official Platinum Seats 18 listings
Clicking ^ that...

18 Official Platinum Seats Listings Available | Show All (1 - 15) next ยป
Section Row Seats Qty
Price/Ticket

1 F 13 - 14 2 US $2,919.91
1 G 11 - 12 2 US $2,834.68
3 H 13 - 14 2 US $2,739.71
3 G 15 - 16 2 US $2,681.37
1 J 8 - 10 3 US $2,673.96
3 K 13 - 14 2 US $2,583.84
2 Q 15 - 16 2 US $2,296.48
2 Q 13 - 14 2 US $2,296.48
2 T 53 - 54 2 US $2,101.67
2 Q 9 - 10 2 US $1,997.95
5 B 11 - 12 2 US $1,696.28
6 D 35 - 36 2 US $1,637.00
6 D 33 - 34 2 US $1,637.00
6 J 26 - 28 3 US $1,411.21
16 A 5 - 6 2 US $1,011.08

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 03:56 by Leonioid.

Date: April 14, 2015 04:10

^^^^^^^
BASTARDS INDEED!!!angry smiley

Posted by: Troutmask69 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 04:21

This was bad, this was not ordinary demand. I have bought tickets to several Stones shows and many Summerfest shows. For most of us online there was immediately nothing Thursday, Friday or today. Nothing at the box office. Yes this is the hottest show on the tour, smallest venue. But tickets do not vanish that quick for people into ticketmaster at exactly 10. One of two things: scalper bots. These guys have great software now to jump the line and buy on many accounts, and this was the show for them to target. Not nickel and dime scalping, big criminal set ups. The other possibility is direct withholding of tickets to scalp, or maybe release later. Not so sure about such conspiracies. The other very weird thing is how many singles are listed on stubhub and eBay. Very rare, because scampers know singles have much less value. Maybe there was a glitch or loop hole in one of the presages that let people get a lot of singles? Even for this show there are too many out there. If that is all you need I advise you to wait until late May and singles should be cheap

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 14, 2015 04:31

Troutmask69
This was bad, this was not ordinary demand. I have bought tickets to several Stones shows and many Summerfest shows. For most of us online there was immediately nothing Thursday, Friday or today. Nothing at the box office. Yes this is the hottest show on the tour, smallest venue. But tickets do not vanish that quick for people into ticketmaster at exactly 10. One of two things: scalper bots. These guys have great software now to jump the line and buy on many accounts, and this was the show for them to target. Not nickel and dime scalping, big criminal set ups. The other possibility is direct withholding of tickets to scalp, or maybe release later. Not so sure about such conspiracies. The other very weird thing is how many singles are listed on stubhub and eBay. Very rare, because scampers know singles have much less value. Maybe there was a glitch or loop hole in one of the presages that let people get a lot of singles? Even for this show there are too many out there. If that is all you need I advise you to wait until late May and singles should be cheap

That is interesting about the single tickets things, nice catch.

It will be intersting to see how this plays out. I have watched all of this activity for years and years, I find it interesting and I think it helps get better tickets for better prices in the end. It is worth watching how it works.

Posted by: ifucantrockme ()
Date: April 14, 2015 05:31

Troutmask69

I have noted a lack of seats in the middle rows of sections 1,2,3 on the secondary market. Lots of tickets in first few rows and the back rows. My theory is that many of these tickets went to sponsors of Summerfest. Places like Miller Brewery, Harley Davidson, Briggs and Stratton, etc.

Posted by: Troutmask69 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:01

Maybe some, but probably also a lot of sapphire diamond and ruby premium sales

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:05

Beast
sweet neo con
just went to ticketmaster site...said "403 forbidden". ?? anybody know why? is this what happens when sold out?

Not sure, but I got a similar message at the start of the sale saying something like "you are forbidden to access the site from this server", so I assume I got locked out for trying too many times already for another venue on sale an hour earlier. Lucky for me that I already got a ticket via one of the presales.

no, you have been given the boot for 24 hours as they think a) you are a bot, or b) you are a scalper. Its from checking again and again and again. it happened to me on the second pre-sale day. I was able to visit from my phone with wi-fi off. They let me back in the enxt morning

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:10

drbryant
welshphil
Have tried all day for tickets ,no joy .Has anyone bought tickets via stub hub for any concert , and would you recommend them ....thanks ...

Stubhub is the best option for secondary market tickets. They are easy to reach on the telephone if you have any problems at the venue, and they don't pay the sellers until after the show is finished, so you can be confident purchasing. Of course, they charge a commission for all of this.

I still got one extra for cost in section 8. I'm amazed that for a show that sold out in 7 minutes that so many people want, that I can't even get an offer on ticket inside the shell at face value.

Date: April 14, 2015 06:51

forsure
drbryant
welshphil
Have tried all day for tickets ,no joy .Has anyone bought tickets via stub hub for any concert , and would you recommend them ....thanks ...

Stubhub is the best option for secondary market tickets. They are easy to reach on the telephone if you have any problems at the venue, and they don't pay the sellers until after the show is finished, so you can be confident purchasing. Of course, they charge a commission for all of this.

I still got one extra for cost in section 8. I'm amazed that for a show that sold out in 7 minutes that so many people want, that I can't even get an offer on ticket inside the shell at face value.

It's hard to sell singles. I have noticed that most of the tickets for sale are singles. People are snapping up pairs. If you still have it tomorrow let me know. I'll hook you up with a buyer.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: April 14, 2015 07:06

forsure, i will look at my situation tomorrow... if you still have the ticket..just getting off work now and it's late. thanks for the ticket stats. sorry you can't use it

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 14, 2015 11:57

Here's an interesting statistic .......... the seating capacity is 25,000, and 3,520 tickets are currently available for sale on STUBHUB !! That's um .... 14 percent of the total capacity.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: roamermark ()
Date: April 14, 2015 12:29

paulywaul
Here's an interesting statistic .......... the seating capacity is 25,000, and 3,520 tickets are currently available for sale on STUBHUB !! That's um .... 14 percent of the total capacity.

Not to mention viagogo - 30 odd pages of tickets.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 14, 2015 12:56

roamermark
paulywaul

Not to mention Viagogo - 30 odd pages of tickets.

True !!

Must have been a serious outbreak of absentmindedness in and around Milwaukee yesterday morning, lots of people appear to have bought tickets and then (presumably) thought "o dear, I appear to have made a mistake and can't actually attend on that day, guess I'd better sell those tickets then" .... !!

And of course what better medium to sell those tickets through than one of those innumerable "fan friendly ticket exchange" service providers, such as all the usual suspects working in the "secondary market" ......

"Certainly Sir/Madam, we'd be delighted to sell you a ticket or two to see the Rolling Stones, would you like to pay 4 times or 5 times the face value plus our exorbitant service charges" ?

For f**ks sake ...... !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 14, 2015 13:22

paulywaul
roamermark
paulywaul

Not to mention Viagogo - 30 odd pages of tickets.

True !!

Must have been a serious outbreak of absentmindedness in and around Milwaukee yesterday morning, lots of people appear to have bought tickets and then (presumably) thought "o dear, I appear to have made a mistake and can't actually attend on that day, guess I'd better sell those tickets then" .... !!

And of course what better medium to sell those tickets through than one of those innumerable "fan friendly ticket exchange" service providers, such as all the usual suspects working in the "secondary market" ......

"Certainly Sir/Madam, we'd be delighted to sell you a ticket or two to see the Rolling Stones, would you like to pay 4 times or 5 times the face value plus our exorbitant service charges" ?

For f**ks sake ...... !
Mind you a lot of seats even do not come into sale at all. Section to A-Z is fully occupied by sponsors or other people who support the festival and the amphitheatre. So only if these giveaways to such poeple are not wanted they will sell them on any secondary market. I have checked all markets regularely and on Section two are only very few available. Furthermore even if you tried to buy the VIP PAckage Section two seems to be never offered, but only section 1 and 3.
So cut it short with all the people getting into the system ( I did not get in at all) and the giveaways we shall see still thousands of tickets floating around only for this event.
In 2013 you at least had a chance to buy tickets. This time I did not even get close to any of the concerts I wanted.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: April 14, 2015 14:40

So there will be a lot of people (95%?) in the first 10-20 rows of section 1, 2 and 3 who ever heard of The Rolling Stones, but don't know exactly which songs they made untill they hear it?

"You hear that: they playing Gimme Shelter, isn't that a song of Metallica."
"Who is that man on the keyboards: is it Kenny Rogers?"

That would be nice for Jagger and co ....confused smiley

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 14, 2015 17:30

Plink
During the general sale today (April 13), was anyone able to buy anything other than Lucky Dip and obstructed view yellow section seats for Milwaukee?

That's all I saw come up. No red section, unobstructed yellow section, bleachers or lawn were available at any time during my buying attempt (which lasted from 10am to 2pm CST.

Hi Plink

Just wondering how you know tics are obstructed view...did it actually say "obstructed view"?

Not saying you are wrong...just wondering.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 14, 2015 18:09

While I am a complete cynic when it comes to concert ticket availability to the general public, this show likely saw at least 20%-25% go to so called legal ticket scalpers, which is pretty sick. Never mind those that bought tickets simply to resell on secondary market. While seeing the Stones is fun, if you went to Summerfest, I am sure one could sit outside the gig and get a pretty damn good listen. It is also likely that there will be some tickets exchanging hands last minute there as well. The Stub hub bastards and those of similar ilk also HAVE to sell thoise tickets or take the loss. Who's to say they get their grossly inflated asking prices? Day of the show, an hour before the gig, there will be some seats come available. Stub Hub, Gold Coast tickets in Chicago can be watched.

As much as we love this band, interest overall from the general public has waned in recent years. I live in Chicago area and sadly I was not able to legitimately procur anything. Haven't missed a N America tour since 69, but this go around might mark a first in that regard. Time will tell. It's always a joy to see these guys, and nothing beats live music.

Date: April 14, 2015 18:16

Stub Hub doesn't take a loss, unless they happen to own the tickets, which in most cases they do not. Individual people post their tickets for sale there. The artists or sports team put tickets up there. Stub Hub makes their money on commissions. They don't eat the cost of any unsold tickets.

Date: April 14, 2015 18:31

sweet neo con

Hi Plink

Just wondering how you know tics are obstructed view...did it actually say "obstructed view"?

Yes - at some point, well into the sale, I noticed there were 2 options in the "ticket type" drop down box - "Full Price Ticket" and "Warning! Seats Are Limited View". The limited view yellow section seats were $273.50. I'm such a nerd I actually took screencaps of the "limited view" ticket option! If I get a chance, I'll edit this post to include a pic.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 14, 2015 18:46

I stand corrected ifyoucantrockme. Thanks for clarification. My point though was that the prices of unsold ticksts does tend to come down as an event gets close to starting.

Date: April 14, 2015 19:11

filstan
I stand corrected ifyoucantrockme. Thanks for clarification. My point though was that the prices of unsold ticksts does tend to come down as an event gets close to starting.

Typically it does, yes.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: April 14, 2015 22:56

skyhawk
So there will be a lot of people (95%?) in the first 10-20 rows of section 1, 2 and 3 who ever heard of The Rolling Stones, but don't know exactly which songs they made untill they hear it?

"You hear that: they playing Gimme Shelter, isn't that a song of Metallica."
"Who is that man on the keyboards: is it Kenny Rogers?"

That would be nice for Jagger and co ....confused smiley

I remember queuing outside the Roseland Ballroom in New York all day sometime in Sept 20002 , only to find VIP guests leaving after 20 mins because they had somewhere else to be seen at !! And I'd flown in from the U.K. Had tickets for the MSG show ,but really wanted to see this one !!!! .

Date: April 15, 2015 00:31

Plink
sweet neo con

Hi Plink

Yes - at some point, well into the sale, I noticed there were 2 options in the "ticket type" drop down box - "Full Price Ticket" and "Warning! Seats Are Limited View". The limited view yellow section seats were $273.50. I'm such a nerd I actually took screencaps of the "limited view" ticket option! If I get a chance, I'll edit this post to include a pic.

Thanks Plink. I never saw the "Warning...." in dropdown box....i saw "Full Price"....so I guess mine are not obstructed. Were obstructed tickets less expensive?

And a note to filstan....stage and speakers etc...face lake michigan. from my experience, listening from outside of the venue will not get u a "pretty damn good listen". but my experience has only been during regular Summerfest days when many other bands playing etc... For the Stones (from what i've read) ...they will open the southern section of the park and have entertainment (other bands i assume) beginning at 5pm. Not sure if Stones concert ticket is needed to get into this area or not.

Date: April 15, 2015 00:34

MightyStork did you get a ticket?

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: April 15, 2015 04:08

sweet neo con
MightyStork did you get a ticket?

My friend in California wife got him 1 in bleachers when American Express pre-sale was on and for some reason couldn't get 2 or more.She tried again during Fridays sale with no luck so she found one on stubhub near his for $170 so yes I'm in. Can't tell you how frustrating these sales were for myself and several people I know. I even took off time from work to try and the closest I came was doing Ticketmaster's automated process answering questions for 5 minutes and then being denied because I couldn't pay with a American Express card. This was when they were using Summerfest and radio passwords and I have a Ticketmaster account that I've bought about 4 other shows in the last 2 months with my Visa Card.I still don't get why they put all the tickets on sale when most of us were working and scalpers could get more of a shot at them so that's where my ticket is coming from.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: April 15, 2015 16:05

forsure

forsure, i'm assuming ifucantrockme hooked you up with a buyer, from what it looked like. I still don't know what I will do....still looking at single tickets and pairs. thanks for the offer though.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home