Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: Pittsburgh PA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:19

IrisC
Just got to Double Tree on 6th St. Had to switch hotels. If anyone is in the area would love to meet fellow Stones fans. I've been on this board for years. Would love to meet BV. Can't wait till Saturday. My birthday and the Stones. Got my family with me,ready to go!

Excellent!
Happy Birthday and have a BLAST!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:51

Has any woman been to the Heinz facility and had their large purse or carryall taken away from them? I was just told I will not be allowed to take such an item into the venue. I am not happy about this. Any comments regarding your personal experience with this rule?? Should I believe this or is this just their preference?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 18, 2015 22:54

steffialicia
Has any woman been to the Heinz facility and had their large purse or carryall taken away from them? I was just told I will not be allowed to take such an item into the venue. I am not happy about this. Any comments regarding your personal experience with this rule?? Should I believe this or is this just their preference?

That is pretty much standard fare at the stadiums nowadays. Buffalo is the same way. It has been that way for awhile. Check the stadium policies online.

Date: June 18, 2015 22:57

The Sicilian
steffialicia

That is pretty much standard fare at the stadiums nowadays. Buffalo is the same way. It has been that way for awhile. Check the stadium policies online.

This didn't happen in SanDiego. Is this only football stadiums perhaps? They looked through our bags but that was it. Thanks for responding. I guess I won't chance it.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:10

Kurt
IrisC
Just got to Double Tree on 6th St. Had to switch hotels. If anyone is in the area would love to meet fellow Stones fans. I've been on this board for years. Would love to meet BV. Can't wait till Saturday. My birthday and the Stones. Got my family with me,ready to go!

Excellent!
Happy Birthday and have a BLAST!

I thought about checking them out there and spending a few days exploring the area. My itinerary would have been:

Pittsburgh Zoo
(H.H.Richardson's) Allegheny County Courthouse
Andy Warhol Museum
Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater House about 1 1/2 hour south if time permitted.

Has anyone visited any of these places recently?

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:38

If your going to the Andy Warhol Museum, you could also visit his grave. It's about 20 minutes from the city. You can get directions on-line. Theres a 24/7 live video feed from the grave site. It's a very low key location. It's also on the public transportation line. I went there for the first time in January and I'm from the area. While leaving I talked to a small group of tourists from France. It is a destination.

Posted by: wilsoncrow ()
Date: June 19, 2015 03:00

steffialicia
The Sicilian
steffialicia

This didn't happen in SanDiego. Is this only football stadiums perhaps? They looked through our bags but that was it. Thanks for responding. I guess I won't chance it.

It's an NFL rule. Large bags/purses/whatever are banned in NFL venues, even for non-football events.

On an unrelated note, I got an email today with details about parking the day of the show. At the top of it, it says the lots open at 4:00. A little farther down it says 3:00. These emails are always so helpful.

Posted by: ndhan ()
Date: June 19, 2015 03:52

That was the rule last night in Nashville. I took my purse back to the car. Only tiny little wallet-sized purses allowed.

Enjoy the show, wish I could be there!

LURKER Nancy

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: June 19, 2015 04:14

brokecollegestudent
Woody24
IrisC
Leaving Bridgeport, Ct. At 4 am with the family. Pittsburgh here we come. Ready to rock and roll. It will be my 43rd Stones show.. My first being June 22, 1975 MSG. Saturday is my birthday seeing the boys 40 years after my first show in New York. Hope the weather holds up. Enjoy the show for everyone else who is going. My youngest daughter is hoping for All Down The Line. I would love Can't You Hear Me Knocking.

IrisC- We're very similar. I'm coming from the opposite direction (Dayton) to about my 40th show (saw the Columbus show on this tour). I first saw them about a week before you, Cleveland Municipal Stadium, June, 1975.

Have a SAFE trip and great time!

I' keepin fingers crossed for Moonlight Mile.

Happy birthday IrisC! Enjoy!

And Woody24, small world! My boyfriend goes to the University of Dayton and we're both from Cleveland but we were at the Columbus show and will be in Pittsburgh for the show this weekend. See you all there!

Small world indeed. My wife works at UD and is from Cleveland (well, just outside. Chagrin Falls.)

Have a great show. Hopefully it won't be too wet!!

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: June 19, 2015 06:02

I saw security in Nashville let a woman empty her purse into a clear thingy, then the guard took purse inside.
(Maybe she got it back later (?)

Posted by: FeelinRealWell ()
Date: June 19, 2015 06:09

Hey where is the pre-show party? Hear over at Shidoobee they are talking up BZ grill....any other spots?

Date: June 19, 2015 14:26

ndhan
That was the rule last night in Nashville. I took my purse back to the car. Only tiny little wallet-sized purses allowed.

LURKER Nancy

Thanks. I don't think anyone objects to being searched but at these prices, I don't like being told what I can and cannot bring inside.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 19, 2015 14:49

what a crock of sh*t, I can't bring my personal port-a-john????!!!!!

[www.post-gazette.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 19, 2015 16:04

steffialicia
ndhan

LURKER Nancy

Thanks. I don't think anyone objects to being searched but at these prices, I don't like being told what I can and cannot bring inside.

Steffialicia, I brought a sling bag into LP Field and it was just glanced at by the security staff. It was bigger than a wallet, but not big enough to fit a bottle of booze or a large camera. I think that's what they don't want you bringing into the venue. I'd say if you have a purse the size of a large hand, you are good. Big enough to fit your wallet, phone, glasses, and lipstick, of course. smiling smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 19, 2015 16:16

I can't vouch for this but I found this article on-line and since it appears to be a legitimate article from a legitimate Pittsburgh Newspaper (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette) I thought I would share it here.

Heinz Field releases guidelines for Saturday's Rolling Stones concert

Text from article:

Heinz Field management has released the following guidelines for the Rolling Stones show on Saturday.

All gates open at 6 p.m. The show will start at 8 p.m. with Awolnation as the opening act.

In addition there will be free concerts outside Heinz Field on Art Rooney Avenue starting at 2 p.m.

Parking lots open at 4 p.m.; however, parking is limited around Heinz Field. Fans are encouraged to use public parking, which is available at the West General Robinson Garage, the North Shore Garage, at parking garages downtown, at Station Square and at Allegheny Center.

Fans that park Downtown can utilize the North Shore Connector to get to Heinz Field. Fans can use either the Gateway or Wood Street station, and the connector will transport them to the North Shore.

Guests must leave the parking areas no later than one hour after the concert ends.

Heinz Field management reminds fans of the parking lot code of conduct:

Upon entering, fans will receive trash and recycling bags. Trash must be disposed of properly.

The following are prohibited: solicitation of any kind, the sale of food and alcohol, glass containers, tents, personal port-a-johns, furniture (other than folding lawn chairs and tables), and oversized vehicles.

The NFL’s Bag Policy that was implemented in 2013 will be in effect for this show. Fans are encouraged to not bring a bag into events. If necessary, there are two options: a clear plastic bag the size of a 1 gallon Ziploc bag or a small hand held purse clutch. For more
information on the bag policy, visit here.

In addition, Heinz Field management does not permit the following items in the stadium: selfie sticks, coolers, bags (see bag policy), thermoses, backpacks, large purses, cans, glass bottles, flasks, alcoholic beverages, laser pointers, noisemakers, strollers, video & movie cameras, tripods, audio recording equipment, weapons and any other items deemed dangerous and/or inappropriate. All bags are subject to inspection.

Umbrellas may be brought into the stadium but are not permitted to be open in the seating bowl.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: June 19, 2015 16:24

I never got a trash bag, but they did insist that I pour the five dollar water bottle I bought into an open plastic cup. I don't know why, a water bottle is recyclable too. It was a pain because I had to store it under the seat in front of me and crouch down everytime I wanted a sip of water, being careful not to spill it all over myself or the people around me. These kind of rules don't make sense to me.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 19, 2015 17:17

Christmas Eve for this boy!!!

First show in my hometown, since '05 and a couple of days from being my birthday show. Hopefully weather cooperates, but it's going to be awesome show no matter what.

Date: June 19, 2015 20:03

Do they sell wine at the venue?

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 19, 2015 20:08

Lots of unloading big trucks at the Heinz Field this morning.

The T-system (Connector) to the downtown area looks a good bet to get out there, but coming back doesn't look like it has the capacity - any locals give a view on that??

I think there will be a major backlog getting into the Field - one small entrance at the north end of the stadium for maybe 6,000 people.

By the way, plenty of tickets available on Ticketmaster, including Field - at face value.

Posted by: wilsoncrow ()
Date: June 19, 2015 20:32

thecitadel
Lots of unloading big trucks at the Heinz Field this morning.

The T-system (Connector) to the downtown area looks a good bet to get out there, but coming back doesn't look like it has the capacity - any locals give a view on that??

I think there will be a major backlog getting into the Field - one small entrance at the north end of the stadium for maybe 6,000 people.

By the way, plenty of tickets available on Ticketmaster, including Field - at face value.

I don't think they use that entrance for the field seats. When U2 was here in 2011 the field entrance was on the side. It was larger and easier to get in and out of.

What will make a backlog is if they decide to pat and wand everyone down. They do it for Steeler and Pitt games, and if it's a big enough crowd (like tomorrow) it'll take forever to get in regardless of what entrance you use.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 19, 2015 20:39

Arrive at 9pm..no lines to get in. That's my plan.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: June 19, 2015 21:55

"personal port-a-johns"

? something I could use for the Quebec City show?

Date: June 19, 2015 21:56

Looks like we're going to have some wet wild fun...first real rain show of the tour right? It stopped in Minny before the Stones came on if I recall.

Stones always kick it up a notch in the rain, fine by me.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: June 19, 2015 22:13

Keith's rain stick has worked so far!

Date: June 19, 2015 22:29

jasona93
Keith's rain stick has worked so far!
haha, fair enough, it sure looked like it was going to rain in Columbus but then it didn't happen. the stick worked there.

Posted by: suesclues ()
Date: June 20, 2015 00:17

They just announced on KDKA TV News at 5:00 that they just opened up 1000 more seats for tomorrow's show. They expect 50,000.

Pweese no rain!!

Date: June 20, 2015 01:57

The journey begins, on the train from Chicago to Detroit to meet my ride tomorrow. The stuff I go through to see this stupid band for two hours in a giant football stadium are insane.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 20, 2015 02:17

Any song vote or poster for Pittsburgh yet?

Date: June 20, 2015 02:21

At least your trip is peaceful on the train, mnewman505. I'm gripping my seat as my 16 year old son with his learners permit drives I70 through the Appalachian Mountains. The things I do for this band. Man, I can't wait to get to the hotel bar!

Posted by: psustoned ()
Date: June 20, 2015 02:45

I'll be in Section 111 row DD...I hope I find at least 1 other iorr'er. It's going to be such a great night in da 'Burgh.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home