Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: Pittsburgh PA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: April 8, 2015 23:00

Got 3 rooms at the Hilton. Now I need 8 tickets for family. Wife, 3daughters and 3 son in laws. I tried Am Ex think I will wait till Monday general sale. Any suggestions? I'm willing to spend for good tickets.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outRe: Pittsburgh PA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: April 8, 2015 23:16

steffialicia
Paid an outrageous amount but I'm old, thrilled and in row 1!!!!!!! Whoooo Hooooo!!!
We did, too...
So excited we jumped in also. Haven't seen them since Philly 2013.
Ready to rock!
Enjoy

Re: spinning smiley sticking its tongue outRe: Pittsburgh PA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 9, 2015 00:55

John&Trish
steffialicia
Paid an outrageous amount but I'm old, thrilled and in row 1!!!!!!! Whoooo Hooooo!!!
We did, too...
So excited we jumped in also. Haven't seen them since Philly 2013.
Ready to rock!
Enjoy

Me too. I was at Phillie 6/21/13. Just a blast. Congrats and see you in Pittsburgh!

Posted by: dropped ()
Date: April 9, 2015 01:06

I am going to pandora tomorrow - any advice on the best tockets under $150.00 from the Amex vets?

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 01:22

I have 2 on the floor for sale, sec F11 row 25
$168 each. no Ticketmaster fees. just the face value of ticket. Tickets are being
mailed to me. first email gets the tickets. I will mail next day after receiving them from ticketmaster.

mickjag99@gmail.com

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: April 9, 2015 01:48

I got 3 in Sect. 115 for $188 each in the Amex deal. I see here that $188 on StubHub now will get you into the 500 sections...so I guess amex was a good deal.

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 02:26

TICKETS ARE GONE

Posted by: suesclues ()
Date: April 9, 2015 07:57

Not sure the Stones will be around on tour again and we're old so went with the VIP Sapphire Pkg. Field 3, Row 16, seats 7 & 8. $949 a ticket. Ouch. It's our summer vacation!!

Congrats to Row 1 person!!!

Posted by: mckaig ()
Date: April 9, 2015 16:24

My brother and I ended up double buying the Amex presaleyesterday so I have 8 extra tickets on the floor for sale. Section F5 row 40, seats 3-10. Same as Jason, I'll sell for face value with no Ticketmaster fees for $367.75 each. Just the face value of ticket. I will overnight after receiving them from ticketmaster. Email me if you want some or all of them.

mckaigwebb@gmail.com

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: April 9, 2015 17:11

dropped
I am going to pandora tomorrow - any advice on the best tockets under $150.00 from the Amex vets?

I played around yesterday with Tbastard to see what might come up after I got my AMEX seats. The pattern became similar to the 2012-13 shows wherein the back half of the lower bowl was mid-priced while the front half and the floor were the pricey stuff. From what I can gather my $190 seats (sec. 139, row 28) are right at the border. The section to our immediate right is all $350 and OUR section is likewise $350 for the first twenty rows, or so. We will be able to (figuratively) spit and hit people in front of us (and to the right) who paid twice what we did.

So there you go. If you want mid-priced tickets and they up anywhere around the 5o yard line in the lower bowl, it might be best to grab them. Anything lower than that is going to be in the uppers and to the rear.

Posted by: jcortese7 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 17:42

I grabbed a single on the floor, right at the border of the $190 to $350 price jump.

I also have 3 in the North Club Suite, front row of the suite. Not sure which I'll end up using

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: April 9, 2015 17:44

anyone know how the seat number work on the floor?

Date: April 9, 2015 18:00

seat 1 is on the left of the section if you are facing the stage

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: April 9, 2015 18:03

thanks but i meant the actual seat numbers, so if you are facing the stage is seat 1 on the left or right of the section? makes a big difference for all these F2 tickets i'm pulling up.

Date: April 9, 2015 18:23

yes, seat 1 is on the left, so it is on the outside edge of F2.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 20:51

There is another presale tomorrow for Pitt;
Consol energy presale;
starts at 10
password is HORSES

Date: April 9, 2015 21:00

6 field tickets left
Section F5, row 40, seats 4-9
Selling for face value - $367.75. No ticketmaster fees.
Email me if you are interested

mckaigwebb@gmail.com

Posted by: hobgoblin42 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:59

I booked the Hilton Doubletree on Mansfield Avenue. Anyone local tell me the best way to get to the stadium from there??

Thanks in advance.

Hob

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 9, 2015 22:25

Mansfield Ave Doubletree is maybe 4 miles from stadium. Straight shot down the highway, that is IF the highway is not closed. Lot's of weekend closures on that stretch this summer. Without traffic, it's a 10 minute drive. There are some back roads to get there if highway is closed. Hotel desk should be able to direct you. Ask them for way to get to stadium via West End. Either way you are not far away.

Posted by: hobgoblin42 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 23:15

Appreciate the prompt response!

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: April 9, 2015 23:17

Posted by: FeelinRealWell ()
Date: April 9, 2015 23:45

Hello everyone, long time lurker 2nd time poster. Nabbed a pair for this show in sec 208 row C @ $188 each in the Amex pre-sale. Going to drive in from NYC with the wife having booked a room at the Marriot. Can any of you Pittsburghians help with some tips on travel from the Marriot to Heinz, should we drive in and tailgate or is there public transportation?....any fun bars or restaurants around to pre-game? Any input is much appreciated.

Also its almost funny to say aloud but its great to get a pair of tixx for less than the cost of one that we paid for Brooklyn, Newark and Boston a couple of years ago!

Posted by: PittsburghJoe ()
Date: April 10, 2015 00:40

Which Marriot?

Posted by: FeelinRealWell ()
Date: April 10, 2015 00:54

Marriot Pittsburgh City Center Hotel, 112 Washington Pl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 00:55 by FeelinRealWell.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: April 10, 2015 01:16

Some good seats available at the moment through Pandora pre-sale. Section F1 rows from 3 to 7 pop up.

Date: April 10, 2015 02:41

4 field tickets left
Section F5, row 40, seats 7, 8, 9 & 10
Selling for face value - $367.75. No ticketmaster fees.
Email me if you are interested

mckaigwebb@gmail.com

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:09

The underground public transportation "The T" in Pittsburgh has a station about a block from Marriot City Center. Called Steel Plaza. Take that to North Shore. Maybe a ten minute ride and it drops you off above the Heinz Field parking lot. Easiest way to get there. Probably $3.00.

Date: April 10, 2015 03:42

T is free downtown and to the northside

Date: April 10, 2015 04:08

I would take the T or walk from your hotel. It is a good walk, but the walk across the river is nice. You'll likely wait 5 - 15 minutes for a T on a Saturday. There are two concentrations of bars that you should look at. The first is a cluster at the corner of General Robinson and Federal Street. This is right next to PNC park. If you walk through town, just walk across the bridge right next to PNC park. The first bar Atria's is actually in the park on your left. More of a food stop. Up at the corner there are 3 or 4 more.I would start at that corner.

After you have a few there, if you stroll around the park towards Heinz Field there are several bars/restaurants in the buildings along the river Hyde Park, then Rivertowne, then Jerome Bettis Grille. All have outdoor areas.

If the weather is good there will likely be a lot of tailgating in the lots you walk by and on boats along the river. After a little over the top tailgating at a Kenny Chesney concert last summer, the city toned it down a bit. The lots aren't open as early and the cops are pretty quick to correct any stupid behavior. But a stones show in Pittsburgh is going to be pretty yuppified so you'll probably have more fun in the bars anyway.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 10, 2015 06:37

suesclues
Not sure the Stones will be around on tour again and we're old so went with the VIP Sapphire Pkg. Field 3, Row 16, seats 7 & 8. $949 a ticket. Ouch. It's our summer vacation!!

Congrats to Row 1 person!!!

Congrats to you too although I've now been told that being in row 1 is not such a great thing cause the stage is so high you sometimes can't see!! I was advised to bring a step stool, just in case! Nothing's easy. (Maybe they were just jealous.)

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1669
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home